It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are some Anastasia girls actually visa prostitutes??  (Read 37254 times)

Offline Harrydubois

Are some Anastasia girls actually visa prostitutes??
« on: December 16, 2011, 02:25:48 PM »

I have spent lately more time and money than I should on a website called Anastasia.

I have heard strange stories. Some men have allegedly gone to Odessa to meet a girl whom they had been eagerly corresponding with. Then upon arrival he is told she is for some strange reason busy or unavailable. In fact a lot of girls he met online are "out of town", or he meets a girl however she is strangely cold. But then they do find one friendly girl, have a great time and possibly end up marrying. 

So there are a lot of conflicting opinions - is Anastasia a scam? Are the girls scammers? Or maybe it's very legitimate?

Here's my theory.

A lot of real, actual, single, young, beautiful, but very poor, girls join Anastasia and get free photos taken by the agency, free Internet access, etc. (The American men are of course paying for this with all the huge Anastasia fees.) These girls have basically decided, if need be, to have sex with a man completely unattractive to them in exchange for a visa to America. In essence this is straight prostitution, except that it's a little more respectable since there is a marriage ceremony involved, she can claim she loved him (a 20 year old blonde model in love with a bald, fat man older than her father - Lol), etc.

Anyway, when the guy finally does land in Odessa, most girls just chicken out. They can't do it - to put it bluntly to be raped repeatedly for months, and pretend to like it, in order to get to America. However some girls can handle it and go through with it, have sex with the guy and maybe convince him to marry her.

Any thoughts?? 

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Are some Anastasia girls actually visa prostitutes??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2011, 03:05:24 PM »
Harry,

I have no experience with AnastasiaWeb women.  Too me the sham seemed obvious and I avoided  them.  On further research one sees several shams.  The archives are replete with such direct experiences.

Sham I - AW's  business model seems to be based on fees from men writing letters.  Thus AW has the incentive to churn fake correspondence to plant a fantasy in the minds of lonely men, who write more and more while believing the fantasy.

Sham II - Few men make the trip.  If they do, there begins the next step of the hoax.  The beautiful blond in the photo suddenly becomes ill  or shows for one quick date.  If she is a professional dater as well as window dressing, she will party with the man and trick him into buying some expensive gifts.  If she takes one look and runs, there are other professional daters.   BTW, there is no sound of sex.  Just the smell of a plastic credit card burning from overuse.

Sham III - A man meets a UW half his age and they have sex.  He falls in love during the one week visit.  He sends an allowance to her each month.  She gets cold feet just before the wedding. 

Sham IV - They marry. 

Of the four shams, Sham IV probably has the highest chance of being real.  In fact the odds  that anything is genuine increases from Sham I to Sham IV, albeit the offs of Sham IV are still low.

I say the odds are low yet some RWD members have married a woman from Anastasia.   Anything can happen.   

Prostitutes?  No.  Prostitutes work by the hour.   

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2011, 03:07:04 PM »
Harry

So, we gather your trip to Lugansk and work and live like a rockstar didn't pan out for you huh? You were here months ago with an addiction to Anastasia. Didn't you learn anything then or were you open to learning? Are you open to learning now?

Offline Gator

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2011, 03:20:25 PM »
Faux Pas,

I admire your recall.  Remind me to never get into a memory contest with you.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2011, 03:23:30 PM »
Gator you'd probably win.  ;D

I wonder if Harry is the gent he's describing

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2011, 03:28:19 PM »

A lot of real, actual, single, young, beautiful, but very poor, girls join Anastasia and get free photos taken by the agency, free Internet access, etc.  These girls have basically decided, if need be, to have sex with a man completely unattractive to them in exchange for a visa to America. In essence this is straight prostitution, except that it's a little more respectable since there is a marriage ceremony involved, she can claim she loved him (a 20 year old blonde model in love with a bald, fat man older than her father - Lol),

NO!      This really happens?      :o

most girls just chicken out. They can't do it - to put it bluntly to be raped repeatedly for months, and pretend to like it, in order to get to America. However some girls can handle it and go through with it, have sex with the guy and maybe convince him to marry her.

Any thoughts??

Any thoughts??   It happens all the time.  There are so many men who do exactly what you have written.

Many of these men are much older.
Many of these men are overweight.
Many of these men have little social skills.
Many of these men are losers.
Many of these men marry the first and only Russian woman
who had sex with them. Must be love.
Many of the men you have described marry from there first and
only trip.

Any thoughts Harrydubois?   What you have described happens everyday.
Sad, but true.   It will always happen.  It's  non-stop. 

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 07:02:56 PM »
Prostitutes?  No.  Prostitutes work by the hour.

... and they're not paid to stay...  8)
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2011, 09:29:38 PM »
  Didn't you learn anything then or were you open to learning? Are you open to learning now?
Was going to move to Ukraine and become an  English teacher I believe.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2011, 11:37:41 PM »

... and they're not paid to stay...  8)
....no, they're paid to play and to lay....)))
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Nat

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 02:48:05 AM »
Here's my theory.

A lot of real, actual, single, young, beautiful, but very poor, girls join Anastasia and get free photos taken by the agency, free Internet access, etc. (The American men are of course paying for this with all the huge Anastasia fees.) These girls have basically decided, if need be, to have sex with a man completely unattractive to them in exchange for a visa to America. In essence this is straight prostitution, except that it's a little more respectable since there is a marriage ceremony involved, she can claim she loved him (a 20 year old blonde model in love with a bald, fat man older than her father - Lol), etc.

Anyway, when the guy finally does land in Odessa, most girls just chicken out. They can't do it - to put it bluntly to be raped repeatedly for months, and pretend to like it, in order to get to America. However some girls can handle it and go through with it, have sex with the guy and maybe convince him to marry her.

Any thoughts??

You'd make an excellent screenwriter ;)
First of all, Anastasia doesn't provide free photos and free internet.
Second, of course there are some girls willing to exchange sex for different favours, and visas as well. But those ones won't chicken out - they'll catch you and let go only having emptied your wallet ;)
As for not turning up - there can be a lot of reasons, actually. Maybe she was interested if he'd really come but wasn't willing to meet. Or she'd already found somebody else but felt awkward to say about that. Or she actually had a husband who she'd been planning to leave but right in time of his arrival things improved between them, etc.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 02:50:55 AM by Nat »

Offline XMan

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 11:09:43 AM »
It is unnecessary to go to the FSU to have this happen. 
It can happen by meeting someone a block from where one lives. 
Caveat emptor.

Offline Globetrotter

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 11:27:26 AM »
Jack is so right!  Some men who have failed at every domestic relationship think that the FSU is "easy pickings" while the opposite is true.  In this country the divorce rate is more than 50% and over there it's higher.  I don't care how many surveys are done to "justify" the quest, but my belief is that it is more difficult for many reasons, thus, you must be much better from the start to make a go of an FSU relationship. 

Think culture, language, lonliness, a job or just something to do, loss of friends, and other things.  Then...add a 20 year or more age difference, and you do the math.  Some here have a great age difference and seem successful , but certainly is not the norm...and those couples I would consider unique.   

Although women are the same worldwide in wanting the same things, FSU girls bring their differences to the party, which are substantial.  If you just want a sex partner, don't marry one...rent one!  If you have solid character, (that's who you are when nobody is looking) can do the work required and have the finances to do so, and you seek your best friend......you have a chance.  Just my opinion.

Offline Misha

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 11:53:41 AM »
In essence this is straight prostitution, except that it's a little more respectable since there is a marriage ceremony involved, she can claim she loved him (a 20 year old blonde model in love with a bald, fat man older than her father - Lol), etc.

I am surprised that nobody called you out on this old canard, equating marriage with prostitution. The two are different entities and yes you can have marriages of conveniences, you can have people entering into marriage without good intentions, but it is still not prostitution.

Sorry, consensual sex is not rape. Perhaps it is sex without desire, perhaps it is sex with an ulterior motive, but if she consents to sex it is not rape, so it is not a case of a woman being "raped repeatedly" rather a woman choosing to have sex with a man for less than noble or less than romantic intents...

Offline Sophocles

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2011, 02:41:58 PM »
Some points regarding the AnastasiaDate "ladies":

1. Most (80%?) of them are in the "game" only for the money; they have no real interest in marrying foreign men.

2. If a "lady" is childless and claims to accept an age gap bigger than 15 years, she is most certainly not looking for a husband. She is rather looking for the money of gullible men.

3. An easy way to check the seriousness of a "lady" - in a preliminary way - is giving one's e-mail address on the Anastasia chat. (This can be done, and in less than five minutes.) If she refuses to use this address (no matter what her excuses are), this refusal is certain proof that she is only interested in the money. It is a known fact that local agencies offer "ladies" money for chatting.

4. If the "lady" writes you directly to your e-mail address, you can suggest communication via Skype. If she refuses (no matter what her excuses are), her intentions are not serious.

Offline Harrydubois

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2011, 04:01:56 PM »
First of all, does anyone really know if Anastasia girls are actually getting paid to chat - in other words Anastasia is basically a pay per minute sex chat service? I really am skeptical about that because many girls on Anastasia will get annoyed and cut you off if you get too explicit.

Also, if these girls are pro-daters looking for a meal and "cab fare", why so many no shows when the man arrives?

Rather I think that all thousands of under 25 year old women on the site who are searching for a man up to age 55 are basically trying to enter into thinly veiled prostitution. Sex for a visa. However at the "moment of truth", most back out.

That's my best guess.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2011, 04:38:40 PM »
Anastasia advertises in Ukraine on billboards for girls to join their site.
The most productive chatter wins a car,whilst others win ipods and free holidays.
Anastasia does not pay the girls to chat on their site,but it is strongly believed that the local agencies,where the girls are based, in Ukraine do.
Maybe the girls don't show up for the dates because their local boyfriends/lovers have other plans for them for the day/evening,or maybe they have arranged to meet/fleece too many men,and can't fit them all in. :rolleyes2:
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Harrydubois

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2011, 05:02:37 PM »
Again I am a little skeptical about the payment of girls for chatting. I would say that about 50% of the girls on the site don't like sexually explicit chat. If they are getting paid, what do they care?

I suppose in some cases girls are really busy when an man shows up, however they don't have ANY TIME for a meal with a guy who just flew 7,000 miles? Then some girls meet the guy but are strangely cold and uninterested. My guess is they thought they could go through with the deal, however finally are emotionally unable to.

Prostitution for a woman is basically rape for money. Why do you think women tend to turn to it only as a job of last resort and even then want a lot of money and even then may need the aid of drugs or alcohol?

Offline Spoon

« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2011, 06:29:11 PM »
Every conceivable scenario mentioned on this thread is both possible and probable.

If you are serious about finding a genuine lady, stop speculating about AWeb and find an alternative site, put your time & money into more productive pursuits :)

Just my thoughts, don't mean to sound like I'm lecturing you.
"Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
-Dave Barry

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2011, 07:41:21 PM »
I too have wasted thousands of dollars on Anastasia. You ask why they don't show up when the man visits? It is in all probability that she never even knew you were coming. You had been corresponding with the agency's translator the whole time. Don't waste your time asking such questions about Anastasia. Stop using the pay-per-letter sites and use the free or monthly pay sites that allow you to directly contact the women.
If you still think that Anastasia is a good site then by all means continue to throw your money away. BTW, I've got a nice bridge for sale. You interested?
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 08:35:32 PM »
There is a sticky in the scam section called "The true GCG" (Green Card Girl)

I wrote this 6 years ago.

"I believe there is a list that they work down

1) Enter the country legally.

2) Marry (if not all ready married).

3) Then do ASAP the Adjustment of Status, EADs, SSA #'s, Driver's license or learner's permit.

4) Get a hold of his finances (I put the brakes on all this with mine as I knew a divorce was emminent) by getting joint checking accounts (that he will fund), credit cards (that he will pay), health insurance policies (that he will be required to maintain even after the separtion) and name on the mortgage title (that will require him to split the equity during the length of the marriage) and other.

5) Establish Russian contacts and others in the immigrant community that are sympathetic towards immigration fraud.

6) Not get a job if DV is the choice for an early out. The reason will be stated later *.

7)  Establish themselves with a good jobs or business and work towards self-sufficiency (good women can do this also)

Find a boyfriend who will accept a live together arraignment after the separation. This is so common I suspect it happens in the majority of the time. 

For those who wish to go the DV route:

A) Establish with their "friends" that their husbands are abusive and/or neglectful. A big tip off that this is happening is that their friends are standoffish, cold and somewhat hostile towards the husband.

B) Picking fights about the smallest of things (even good RW do this) then postition herself to make it escalate into something worse. Such as destruction of his property, locking him out of his house or on to the balcony, standing in front of the door when he is trying to leave, humiliating him sexually during sex, flirting with other men, insisting on sleeping apart and so on. Any reaction to this by the man this can trigger a 911 call.

C) Going to woman's shelter or doing a 911 call. It has the same effect.

For those who wish the getting the Green Card in hand first.

A) Simple do steps 1-7 and play the content wife until Legal Perminent Residency Card is obtained.

B) Then false DV charges to bolster a spousal support claim during the divorce. If she has no job * then her support can be more.

C) Then off to a new life and with it a new story of how she got her GC. As example she came in on a Student visa or her husband/sponser was felon when he was not or her husband/sponser was near her same age when he was 25-35 years her senior and so on.

Welcome to America, the land of opportunity and a second chance.

Maxx"

Offline Gator

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 09:47:19 PM »
Harry,

What is your point?  Based on what I read in this thread, you are the type on man who stains the RW endeavor and defames the sincere men who seek marriage with RW.  Please tell me that I am misreading you, that you are not guilty of the following charges:

1.  You have allowed yourself to be suckered into the Anastasia fantasy designed for idiots, lechers, and lonely losers.

2.  When chatting with Anastasia women you attempt to talk about sexually explicit matters (your words:  "50% of the girls on the site don't like sexually explicit chat,"  "many girls on Anastasia will get annoyed and cut you off if you get too explicit").  Do you raise the subject of sex, using explicit terms, to American women before dating them?

3.  You have equated marriage to prostitution. (see Misha's post)

4.  And the most damning, you equate prostitution to rape for money.  I consider this bad not just because you do not understand the crime of  rape (e. g., the concept of consent).   What is worse is that you do not understand the  effects of rape on victims.  It is a heinous act of assault.  Besides being traumatized, victims suffer stress disorders and can slip into dissociation and become socially withdrawn.   Talk to a women's group about rape.

Offline Harrydubois

« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 04:16:25 AM »
First of all, regarding prostitution being rape, this was said by a prostitute not only by me.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/dec/11/gender.socialexclusion

I'm just trying to figure out, based on all available evidence, what exactly Anastasia really is.

I don't think the girls are pure scammers who are corresponding with Americans in an effort to get the men to send them money but never intend to meet the guy. You can't send her money.

I also kind of doubt that they are getting paid to chat because if so, they wouldn't mind sexually explicit chat, yet many do.

I also kind of doubt that the girls are really "busy" when men finally arrive to meet them. They had all that time to chat and write letters, why are so many of them now suddenly "unavailable" or some do meet the guy but appear to be uninterested and won't let him touch her.

Therefore, I think that my theory is the most probable. The girls are real, single, young, beautiful and totally penniless. Anastasia provides them with free photos shoots and free Internet access (unlike other sites, where they would use home made photos and pay for time at an Internet cafe, which they can't afford). They decide to exchange sex for a visa. However when the man arrives and it's time to do it, most can't.

At least this is what seems most likely to me. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 04:23:51 AM by Harrydubois »

Offline Chelseaboy

« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2011, 05:06:32 AM »
Well,i shall now blow your theory completely out of the water.
The vast majority of girls on Anastasia will only meet a man if their agency interpreter is present at all times during the meeting,which of course will cost you 15 USD an hour.
When she takes you shopping,the terp will be there,when you take her to a restaurant,the terp will be there,with you paying for her meal also,in the unlikely event the girl comes to your room the terp will be there..at 15USD an hour.So ,when exactly do you and the little darling arrange these wild sex sessions,for her to gain her visa to the land of milk and honey,bearing in mind she's claiming that she needs a terp to be able to communicate with you ?
Don't be fooled by your online chatting with these girls,that's all done through an electronic translator.I can assure you that when the time comes that you fly to meet her,there is a huge chance you'll also be meeting her terp/chaperone.Very few of those girls will admit to speaking English well enough to meet you without their terp in tow.
As for these girls being penniless,many of them live very well.If you believe these girls are sitting at home alone waiting for  foreign guys to come and meet them,then you're certainly living in a fantasy world.For example one of the forum members met one agency girl in Kiev,who turned up for her 300 USD meal with him in her Porsche Cayenne.Penniless eh ?
Like i said if the girl can fit a foreign guy into her busy schedule,then she'll meet him,to get a nice dinner and maybe some presents out of him.If he travels all that way to meet her,and she's busy with her local boyfriend,then she won't care if she's stood him up.That foreign guy means nothing to her..capiche ?
Welcome to the world of Ukrainian pro-daters,so wake up and smell the coffee,or go and meet some and take plenty of cash with you,although the chances of you getting laid with any of them is slim,which also blows your theory out of the water. :welcome:

« Last Edit: December 18, 2011, 05:22:26 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Harrydubois

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2011, 05:24:03 AM »
Some girls will agree to ditch the interpreter and go to the next levels - sex and then a wedding. So it's not all about a free meal or a new pair of earrings. I think a lot about what happens in Odessa is going to depend on how far that particular girl emotionally feels she can go with the "I love mature men no matter how they look" hoax.

I know there are literally thousands of girls on Anastasia listed as being under 25, willing to meet men up to age 55, and "don't really care about how a man looks".

I would love to know if there is even one 50 year old man who has married a 20 year old Anastasia girl and five years later they are still together?

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2011, 06:26:03 AM »
You know Harry, I don't think you want to believe the truth about Anastasia that anyone here is trying to tell you. I think you just want validation that you did not thorw away all those thousands of dollars on letters, gifts, phone and video chats. Why continue to ask? Just keep using Anastasia and I'm sure after a few years more and many thousands more spent you will prove us all wrong.... :wallbash: :cluebat: :popcorn:
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541298
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 3479
Most Online Ever: 12701