It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: EU Issues  (Read 77959 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
EU Issues
« Reply #150 on: July 14, 2018, 01:46:15 PM »
ALL because you are a lazy RACIST - doing enough to get by and being a tight wad with a lass on a date ;)

Lazy? Says he who is on yet another holiday with he's other half in so many weeks, lol ::)

If your working week was anything like mine Mobe you'lld soon be laid up in hospital with cramp ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
EU Issues
« Reply #151 on: July 14, 2018, 08:42:42 PM »
Lazy? Says he who is on yet another holiday with he's other half in so many weeks, lol ::)

If your working week was anything like mine Mobe you'lld soon be laid up in hospital with cramp ;D

Trech,

When I was in my early 50's I worked 14 hours a day - 7 days a week - to try and save a biz being destroyed by a financial institution's incompetence...   since compensated for..

I seriously doubt you'd have survived ...

Interesting that you are more 'upset' at being referred to as 'lazy', and never bothered to defend the racist label...

I can only presume you agree that jobs are being LOST not created in this foolish vision of Britain you had ( have) ,,,,,

Offline BC

EU Issues
« Reply #152 on: July 14, 2018, 10:00:20 PM »

Maybe give your preferred hand a rest.

Offline Nightwish

EU Issues
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2018, 04:10:48 AM »
But that was after they’d let in 160,000 migrants. It changed because they can’t even house them all, let alone integrate them. Sweden didn’t encourage the migrants to arrive.

I call bs on that statement, the pull factor of a lifetime of free welfare and benefits, permanent residence (carte Blanche to all coming from Syria), a very lenient asylum process overall.
That can never be understated this is what made immigrants make this long journey. Why else choose the most northern country, far far away from your own culture, your own language, your own religion.

70-80% of all immigrants that arrived in 2015-2016 are economical immigrants and should be deported back to where ever they came from. The small trickle of real refugees that arrived, they are more then welcome to stay.

Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Nightwish

EU Issues
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2018, 04:17:11 AM »
So,

What should the EU do - sink the boats trying to cross the Med ? ...

No but turn them back to where they came from, right now all these "rescue ships" are doing the human smugglers work, picking up boats right off the coast of Libya and ferrying them to Europe?

Italy has closed their ports, finally.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2018, 06:18:32 AM »
Interesting that you are more 'upset' at being referred to as 'lazy', and never bothered to defend the racist label...

Ah, the usual attack on Leavers as racists, well Im not going to back down for fear of this label, that would be weakness.

The truth is it is British workers that have worked and fought to have the wealthy nairon we have here and the fruits of that labour British workers and people should benefit as a result. Not allow a load of East Europeans in to pilfer our jobs, housing, benefits and health services from us and our children. This is not something I'm going to stand aside meekily and let them satisfy themselves for fear of being labelled 'racist'. I don't care about being called racist, far preferably to sitting back without work, housing, etc while the East Europeans laugh at me being belittled by being concerned about being racist.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
EU Issues
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2018, 12:04:10 PM »
I call bs on that statement, the pull factor of a lifetime of free welfare and benefits, permanent residence (carte Blanche to all coming from Syria), a very lenient asylum process overall.
That can never be understated this is what made immigrants make this long journey. Why else choose the most northern country, far far away from your own culture, your own language, your own religion.

70-80% of all immigrants that arrived in 2015-2016 are economical immigrants and should be deported back to where ever they came from. The small trickle of real refugees that arrived, they are more then welcome to stay.

No Swedish leader encouraged asylum seekers to leave their countries.  Failing to remove them is a different issue.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #157 on: July 16, 2018, 06:17:47 PM »
Well Mobe, another Remoan defeat :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44854597

Brexiteers carried the day with the support of three Labour rebels no less. Exactly as I told you would happen in such a situation. Looks like the customs union crowd just don't have the numbers in Parliament to pass anything to get a customs union through. Well turn of the Trade Bill today, looks like this will be another Remoan thrashing :D Enjoy the day Mobers ;D

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #158 on: July 16, 2018, 06:32:43 PM »
Well Mobe, another Remoan defeat :D

Enjoy the day Mobers ;D

I think Moby is going to be missing for a few more days hoping people will by then forget the fact he forgot where he met his wife. Any man who forgot where he met his wife should be embarrassed. Could be Alzheimer's.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #159 on: July 16, 2018, 11:55:24 PM »
I think Moby is going to be missing for a few more days hoping people will by then forget the fact he forgot where he met his wife. Any man who forgot where he met his wife should be embarrassed. Could be Alzheimer's.

No one will be able to tell Billy as he will just keep repeating the same arguments either way :D

Offline Nightwish

EU Issues
« Reply #160 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:08 AM »

No Swedish leader encouraged asylum seekers to leave their countries.  Failing to remove them is a different issue.

In this matter you know next to nothing, don't try to master me in Swedish internal politics, you will loose that battle every time.
That is exactly what they did with government officials handing out pamphlets on the shores of Italy and surrounding Islands in 2015 .. and with information on our embassy websites - even written in Arabic - about what a refugee could expect to get once they arrived in Sweden.

here is one Swedish newspaper reporting about it. It's in Swedish but use google translate and you get the picture.
http://www.di.se/ledare/pm-nilsson-bidrag-ar-fel-satt-att-marknadsfora-sverige/

so you want to tell me again, Swedish leadership did nothing to encourage "refugees" to come to Sweden?

Offline Boethius

EU Issues
« Reply #161 on: July 17, 2018, 07:58:26 AM »
Those actions were not carried out in the countries the asylum seekers left. 

The top ten countries from which those landing in Italy come from are, in order, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Gambia, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Ghana, and Eritrea.  Only Eritrea is an unsafe country in this list, and it's not at war.  It is repressive.  Individuals from these countries will not qualify as asylum seekers.  How many asylum seekers from these listed countries have had their claims for refugee status approved in Sweden?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:51:17 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Nightwish

EU Issues
« Reply #162 on: July 17, 2018, 10:13:03 AM »
Those actions were not carried out in the countries the asylum seekers left. 

The top ten countries from which those landing in Italy come from are, in order, Nigeria, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Gambia, Senegal, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Mali, Ghana, and Eritrea.  Only Eritrea is an unsafe country in this list, and it's not at war.  It is repressive.  Individuals from these countries will not qualify as asylum seekers.  How many asylum seekers from these listed countries have had their claims for refugee status approved in Sweden?

Italy was not the only place as I said, we had officials in Cyprus and Turkey to doing the same thing, everywhere that refugees emerged, we sent government officials, is this Particularly hard for you to understand, that my government did a lot to offer a pull factor for people to make their way here?

I never said they where in the countries they came from, but do you think smugglers and mainly many of the refugees with their Iphone's could not call home and tell all their friends about this refugee heaven called Sweden (and Germany for that matter)

Now you are just being silly and foolishly naive with those kind of statements. Again, don't try to lecture ME on Swedish politics, you might be a educated woman, but you aint that educated.
I live here, you don't (just ask your husband if your hesitating about that fact)

top 15 - 2015
http://www.migrationsverket.se/Om-Migrationsverket/Statistik/Oversikter-och-statistik-fran-tidigare-ar/2015.html
SYRIEN      51 338
AFGHANISTAN   41 564
IRAK              20 857
STATSLÖS      7 711
ERITREA      7 231
SOMALIA      5 465
IRAN              4 560
ALBANIEN      2 615
KOSOVO      1 779
ETIOPIEN      1 715
UKRAINA      1 405
MONGOLIET   1 152
SERBIEN      1 053
UNDER INVESTIGATION       918
MAROCKO      906
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 10:19:04 AM by Nightwish »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
EU Issues
« Reply #163 on: July 17, 2018, 12:05:20 PM »
A lot of bitching going on here :D Might I suggest we get back to the business of upsetting Mobers ;D

Well, Remoaners have just suffered another defeat with the UK Trade Bill passing in the commons crucially defeating the customs union amendment 307 votes to 301 votes.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44864496?intlink_from_url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cwlw3xz0lvvt/brexit&link_location=live-reporting-story

So by six votes the amendment to push the UK into a customs union was defeated :) With four Labour rebels this time siding with the government to help defeat the amendment, as predicted Mobers ;)

So it looks like that will be Remoaners last chance to push the UK back into the EU against its will. There is still the vote on the overall deal struck with the EU to vote on when it comes through but I can't see the Remain crowd defeating that if they have failed to make any headway to date. The Lords seeing all attempts to push for a customs union fail are likely to rubber stamp these bills I believe which would be good news. While the EU seeing that there is not enough support in the Commons for a Customs Union is likely to do a deal or risk a complete break away by the UK and its economic implications of recieving no money payback and trade tariffs. So it's all starting to shape up nicely I think :)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 12:09:02 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline DaveNY

EU Issues
« Reply #164 on: July 17, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »
Italy was not the only place as I said, we had officials in Cyprus and Turkey to doing the same thing, everywhere that refugees emerged, we sent government officials, is this Particularly hard for you to understand, that my government did a lot to offer a pull factor for people to make their way here?

I never said they where in the countries they came from, but do you think smugglers and mainly many of the refugees with their Iphone's could not call home and tell all their friends about this refugee heaven called Sweden (and Germany for that matter)

Now you are just being silly and foolishly naive with those kind of statements. Again, don't try to lecture ME on Swedish politics, you might be a educated woman, but you aint that educated.
I live here, you don't (just ask your husband if your hesitating about that fact)

top 15 - 2015
http://www.migrationsverket.se/Om-Migrationsverket/Statistik/Oversikter-och-statistik-fran-tidigare-ar/2015.html
SYRIEN      51 338
AFGHANISTAN   41 564
IRAK              20 857
STATSLÖS      7 711
ERITREA      7 231
SOMALIA      5 465
IRAN              4 560
ALBANIEN      2 615
KOSOVO      1 779
ETIOPIEN      1 715
UKRAINA      1 405
MONGOLIET   1 152
SERBIEN      1 053
UNDER INVESTIGATION       918
MAROCKO      906

Nightwish your country and Germany are the two European countries that must share the blame for this flood of migrants from not only Africa but also from the Middle East and southern Asia. Sweden and Germany publicly said they'd take in Syrians refugees. What did your governments think would happen? Someone in a sh*th*le country like Somalia hears that rich European countries such as Sweden and Germany are going to take in Syrian refugees of course they're going to try to get to Sweden and Germany. It's human nature.

It is therefore Sweden and Germany that not only should be taking the migrants in but paying the costs to countries like Italy, Spain, Greece and others that have deal with migrants.

Offline Nightwish

EU Issues
« Reply #165 on: July 17, 2018, 12:38:30 PM »
Nightwish your country and Germany are the two European countries that must share the blame for this flood of migrants from not only Africa but also from the Middle East and southern Asia. Sweden and Germany publicly said they'd take in Syrians refugees. What did your governments think would happen? Someone in a sh*th*le country like Somalia hears that rich European countries such as Sweden and Germany are going to take in Syrian refugees of course they're going to try to get to Sweden and Germany. It's human nature.

It is therefore Sweden and Germany that not only should be taking the migrants in but paying the costs to countries like Italy, Spain, Greece and others that have deal with migrants.

I do not disagree, and we do pay for it in a indirect way with our shitty EU membership :)

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #166 on: July 17, 2018, 01:30:21 PM »

One thing to worry about is the kids of the immigrants. 15-20 years from now you may see a wave of terrorist acts like we've seen recently in Europe done mostly by the kids of immigrants. Seems like the parents aren't teaching to embrace the culture they're living in and possibly teaching their kids to resent the culture that they grew up in.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

EU Issues
« Reply #167 on: July 17, 2018, 04:41:25 PM »

I don't think there was a pull factor, or more accurately, an unruly pull factor, until Angela Merkel stated Germany would welcome all refugees.

My post stated that Sweden didn't send government officials to the asylum seekers' countries.  I think it's a very different thing if they hand out information.

But is it a refugee haven if they are deported?  The Eritrean who murdered two Swedes did so because his refugee claim had been denied.  The process is flawed because of the failure to deport failed claimants on a timely basis, but what do they gain if they aren't working, and owe thousands of dollars to people smugglers?

I live here, you don't

I'm not lecturing you.  Your point, as I understand it, is that Sweden encouraged refugees to flood the country.  My assertion is, they didn't do that.  Merkel did.  Sweden was caught in the after effect of the flood caused by Merkel's invitation.  If you are correct, then please show me where Sweden sent government officials, or even NGO's with government funding, to Syria, or Iraq, or Afghanistan, or even to countries from where asylum seekers are rarely accepted, such as Eritrea, Nigeria, Somalia, etc, with information on claiming refugee status.   

I'm not arguing that northern countries are not the desired destinations for asylum seekers, they are, because of the generous benefits and tolerance they provide.  That is a separate issue, and that in and of itself likely is a draw. But Sweden did not create the crisis.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 04:58:53 PM by Boethius »

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #168 on: July 17, 2018, 05:03:00 PM »

Sweden's Embassy in Syria homepage

http://www.swedenabroad.se/en/embassies/syria-damaskus/

Page for protection and asylum seekers

http://www.swedenabroad.se/en/about-sweden-non-swedish-citizens/syria/

How to apply for asylum and can be read in Arabic below. I checked a few Swedish embassy pages from other nations that Nightwish mentioned that had a lot of asylum seekers and those embassy websites lead to the site below too. If I were an immigrant looking for a better life, Sweden does seem like they're more welcoming than other nations.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Protection-and-asylum-in-Sweden.html

Offline BC

EU Issues
« Reply #169 on: July 18, 2018, 05:35:25 AM »
http://www.uscis.gov/humanitarian/refugees-asylum/asylum/obtaining-asylum-united-states

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

USCIS immigration information in Arabic:  http://www.uscis.gov/tools/multilingual-resource-center/arabic

Asylum instructions from USCIS site in Arabic:
http://tinyurl.com/y9wmefsr

http://www.acf.hhs.gov/orr

assistance programs and availability for refugees in Arabic http://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/default/files/orr/asyleeeligibility_arabic.pdf

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 08:50:00 AM by AnonMod »

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #170 on: July 18, 2018, 07:20:14 AM »
To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

You don't need to be in Sweden to apply for asylum. They've created an easier path to get into their country.

Offline Boethius

EU Issues
« Reply #171 on: July 18, 2018, 08:59:26 AM »

Offline BillyB

EU Issues
« Reply #172 on: July 18, 2018, 09:27:22 AM »
You need to be in Sweden or at the Swedish border to apply for asylum in this country.

The only exception is for quota refugees who can apply for asylum via UNHCR in another country.

http://www.migrationsverket.se/English/Private-individuals/Protection-and-asylum-in-Sweden/Applying-for-asylum.html

Your link states when an immigrant is at the border, border police at passport control will then refer them to the Migrant agency. Welcome to Sweden!

Offline Boethius

EU Issues
« Reply #173 on: July 18, 2018, 09:51:39 AM »
This is how asylum works in every country.   You have to present yourself at the border.

Over 30,000 individuals have claimed asylum at the Canadian border, entering from the US.  The illegal immigrants and the children torn from them by US officials largely claimed asylum at the US border. 

Refugees, who are recognized as refugees by the UN, can apply to countries to be accepted as refugees outside the country.  But they can be denied entry on those applications as well.

Offline jone

EU Issues
« Reply #174 on: July 18, 2018, 10:07:43 AM »
This is how asylum works in every country.   You have to present yourself at the border.

Over 30,000 individuals have claimed asylum at the Canadian border, entering from the US.  The illegal immigrants and the children torn from them by US officials largely claimed asylum at the US border. 

Refugees, who are recognized as refugees by the UN, can apply to countries to be accepted as refugees outside the country.  But they can be denied entry on those applications as well.

No.  In the United States, there are few immigrants who present themselves for asylum and millions of illegal immigrants who sneak through the border knowing that they have no chance for asylum.  It is these illegals who are the great majority of border crossers, not asylum seekers.  When they are caught, they then claim asylum, but traditionally are just thrown back across the border.  Your post totally underplays the problem we have in the United States.  But not being from the US, we can expect that from you.  In Los Angeles, alone, we have over a million illegal aliens who have crossed into the United States illegally.

If the US could control all people who come to the US and make them apply for asylum, then it would be permissible to have the discussion about who gets in and who doesn't. 
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1950
Total: 1961

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM