It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Single man's guide to Kyiv fast response needed  (Read 14616 times)

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Single man's guide to Kyiv fast response needed
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2019, 08:08:45 AM »
Also Back home I clean up after myself and I sure don't have art deco marble and a 4 foot deep 7 foot long bath only downside have to run  hot tap constantly to stop cast iron cooling the water.  Trench you are an evil genius but I personally always am in or out never hedge my bets.  F dating is wonderful I have a 6 pm date from less than 24 hours and a few more potentials.  I'm no player but I find myself in this situation.  It's 1700 on Friday probably too early and the Irish pub is nearly empty.

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2019, 08:14:45 AM »
Just go up to the Irish pub and have a couple drinks where there are people so you won't be alone. Ya think you had enough excitement/drama for one trip? Just be safe whatever you decide to do!

+1. With what little time you have left, go to Copper pub, walk up to Sunduk and then O'Briens and hit Club Rio. Sounds like it's what you might be looking for at this moment in time to get over/conclude your trip.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2019, 09:02:42 AM »
Also Back home I clean up after myself and I sure don't have art deco marble and a 4 foot deep 7 foot long bath only downside have to run  hot tap constantly to stop cast iron cooling the water.  Trench you are an evil genius but I personally always am in or out never hedge my bets.  F dating is wonderful I have a 6 pm date from less than 24 hours and a few more potentials.  I'm no player but I find myself in this situation.  It's 1700 on Friday probably too early and the Irish pub is nearly empty.

That's good going James, looks like the women find you quite desirable. Being in Kiev can help though as the biggest population their in the whole of Ukraine than any other Ukrainian city. Looks like you were also a bit lucky as well in getting one firm one up and not just a load of potentials. With a bit of luck she'll show up and all will be good :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2019, 09:17:42 AM »
Trench I fish in a different sea to  you 30 to 40 with a child.  I have 3 kids from my only marriage so I like equality I've had 2 mini relationships with no children women and find them selfish.  For some reason in belarus and Ukraine 30 to 40 with a child struggle to even get a date.  My grandmother was Belarusian and I inherited a Russian nose that does me no favours in uk out in the f s u  my looks just fit

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2019, 09:21:11 AM »
Plus I just clash with feminists in uk.  My g f was stopped last week for driving with a broken tail lights and I the passenger as a male was told to get it fixed.  Can you imagine that happening in the UK.  The woman driver would have filed a complaint for sexism.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
Omg :)
 Why did you choose the hotel?? Modern and most expensive apartments of $ 30-40 per day.

Hi, there is a thread at the link below about apartments vs hotels. I want to encourage you
to expand on your views about which is better in your opinion and why.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=23408.25

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2019, 02:50:18 PM »
Trench I fish in a different sea to  you 30 to 40 with a child.  I have 3 kids from my only marriage so I like equality I've had 2 mini relationships with no children women and find them selfish.  For some reason in belarus and Ukraine 30 to 40 with a child struggle to even get a date.  My grandmother was Belarusian and I inherited a Russian nose that does me no favours in uk out in the f s u  my looks just fit

Ah, I see, yeah I heard that tends to be the case out there with single women with kids though of course there are exceptions. I think most FSM are faced with whether they want to have kids never mind someone else's lol. The population is generally falling out in the FSU as I think a lot of FSM don't want the burden of raising kids, FSW perhaps also. The girl I was with previous at one point explained to me how she expected the guy to be out at work all hours - whatever became necessary - to provide the lifestyle that she any any child would want (never mind the basics).

I've seen couples in the UK though that join together with kids from past relationships and it seems to often work well. There is a shared commonality for all involved and for the children I guess it can be like gaining a new brother or sister. Of course providing tends to fortunately be less of an issue in the UK.

I think it's a shame the Russian language was never past onto you though, would have been handy to have learned it almost like a native language. Did any others in your family or relatives learn Russian as a result of your Grandmother being Belarusian?

I saw on the Web recently about the Belarusian nose, for women it tends to be smallish and end in a point. Not sure if it's different for men. I never really noticed it standing out while I was over there, nothing I would class as bad looking or strange or anything. My nose is longish and straight, it's ok though I think I would prefer it a bit smaller  sometimes, less prominent. Don't think it would be something I would care to alter though as often that sort of stuff can end up looking too weird and worse than what was started with I think.

Anyway hope you're date goes well :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2019, 10:27:40 PM »

I think with just two days it will probably be best for James to just run with the situation he's got and see what crops up.

I'm sure James (and others) have been waiting RWD's 'dating expert's'  golden advice ....  :popcorn:

Let's be honest.... James needs to to reevaluate the type of lady he's been targeting and I'd have bought a plane ticket home ... 

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2019, 02:21:03 AM »
Msmob no way life is an adventure I don't target anyone I let life happen.  First time in kiev my 6pm date turned up at 8pm showed  me the sights had a massive meal for 2 that cost me 30 $.  She paid for me on sub way I know it's hardly anything but I saw some sights .  As to grandmother no one in London spoke any other language than English in the 1930s 1940s it was not safe to be a foreigner let alone a Jewish one.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2019, 02:40:05 AM »
As to languages my grandfather was a military diplomat after the war based in Moscow Bonn and Paris.  He could only live solo In Moscow.  So my grandmother  and I stayed in Bonn and Paris.  Even though I spoke German at school until 6 the only thing I can remember is German numbers where as im so fluent in French that when in France people ask me where in paris I'm from.  What I never realised is being raised by a Belarusian meant I did not fit in with UK family life so well 

Offline msmob

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2019, 03:17:44 AM »
Msmob no way life is an adventure I don't target anyone I let life happen.  First time in kiev my 6pm date turned up at 8pm showed  me the sights had a massive meal for 2 that cost me 30 $.  She paid for me on sub way I know it's hardly anything but I saw some sights .  As to grandmother no one in London spoke any other language than English in the 1930s 1940s it was not safe to be a foreigner let alone a Jewish one.

James, once again, my sources are at variance with yours ....  I had Polish Jewish friends who were akin to surrogate Grandparents ...Now whilst they did - indeed- meet some rotten eggs - they chose to make the UK their home ..working against Nazi and lattery Soviet occupation and living out their lives in the UK.  They were much loved and missed by Brits they met over 8 decades of their lives here

Nought wrong with believing ife is an adventure - but isn't it better to choose to share it with the same lady ? (I'm speaking as someone who has loved and lost, too )

I 'get it' - you are rationalising your failure to form a relationship as an experience ...

Lining up a series of dates - may be it's just compensating / avoiding the fact you chose - unwisely

Enjoy Kyiv ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2019, 03:38:13 AM »
I'm sure James (and others) have been waiting RWD's 'dating expert's'  golden advice ....  :popcorn:

Let's be honest.... James needs to to reevaluate the type of lady he's been targeting and I'd have bought a plane ticket home ...

Mobes your advice was off last time I don't think it is any better this time.

Women can vary out there. Some can be bad in different ways or just inappropriate for each other. It's all useful experience, the meal out can be used as a good early indication of what the girl is like. If she has expensive/indulgent tastes or is frugal. Some guys who are rich don't mind spending a bit on a girl they are into. In any case a variety of experience of different FSW is useful in helping to judge what you are dealing with in the future.

That aside many guys have come good and met the woman of their dreams by dating women on the hoof after matters with their original date went south.

Offline msmob

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2019, 03:49:03 AM »
Mobes your advice was off last time I don't think it is any better this time.

What? to confront the madam playing sugar daddy v our stud?  ...Hardly ...  But then you're an 'expert' on FSU W   :popcorn:

That aside many guys have come good and met the woman of their dreams by dating women on the hoof after matters with their original date went south.

Ah, the Beel scenario ...  Sure - but Beel had long experience with FSU W ...Our James is on the first rung of the ladder - you haven't even found it yet ....

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2019, 07:09:00 AM »
  For some reason in belarus and Ukraine 30 to 40 with a child struggle to even get a date.  My grandmother was Belarusian and I inherited a Russian nose that does me no favours in uk out in the f s u  my looks just fit

In that part of world, life is generally geared towards youth. That's why after 30 women tend to retire from love life. This tendency may be less pronounced in the better healed part of society, though.

I would like to see a 'Russian nose'  :D  :D
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline msmob

« Reply #39 on: January 12, 2019, 07:50:46 AM »
Did James mean a 'duck nose' ? 

Can be cute ;)

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2019, 08:36:00 AM »
I think most FSM are faced with whether they want to have kids never mind someone else's lol. The population is generally falling out in the FSU as I think a lot of FSM don't want the burden of raising kids,

And this gem of an observation comes from???  . . . your vast experience interacting with FSUM?  Your encyclopedic knowledge of FSU societies?  Your years of experience living in the FSU?

Most FSUM are, in fact, fathers.  Most of those fathers are very involved in their childrens' lives.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2019, 12:07:18 PM »
Did James mean a 'duck nose' ? 

Can be cute ;)

Think James means a bit like this:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0170016/mediaviewer/rm1813092352

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2019, 12:21:50 PM »
Thanks trench .  On the money but not so extreme. Good for heating cold air.  My grandparents told me any foreign language was treated as german in 30 40 and 50 s.  I remember him having a punch up in a campsite with a German in a camp site in the 1980s and I once offered to help a one armed German gentleman in 2006 who turned to me and said f... off you British took my arm at Dunkirk.  So tensions still run .

Offline msmob

« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2019, 12:37:13 PM »
Thanks trench .  On the money but not so extreme. Good for heating cold air.  My grandparents told me any foreign language was treated as german in 30 40 and 50 s.  I remember him having a punch up in a campsite with a German in a camp site in the 1980s and I once offered to help a one armed German gentleman in 2006 who turned to me and said f... off you British took my arm at Dunkirk.  So tensions still run .

Once again, I have to wonder at your 'experiences'

In the early noughties I spent half my time in either Hamburg, Berlin, Bielefeld  or Hannover - working with Panasonic Europe  - and considering how the Brits flattened these cities and we still had bases there - I 'missed' such feelings ...

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2019, 12:40:35 PM »
Lily 30 retire from love life.  Well all I can say is I can't believe you speak from experience.  Quote ...never ask a deer how to hunt a deer.  Anyway let's say compared to a UK family car it's like a Ferrari with the traction control off .  Many UK guys will tell you stories of buying their wives lingerie and being told to take it back to the shop...f s u no way that's happening

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2019, 12:47:59 PM »
Msmob next you will tell me it was safe to date a Catholic girl in Ireland in 1990s  while serving Been there done that.  Nearly ended me hence a lifetimes lack of fear .

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2019, 12:49:28 PM »
Msmob been there done that plenty of run ins with Germans and Austrians.  You do seem to live in utopia

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2019, 02:20:45 PM »

Lol, yeah well that's pretty funny :)

Strange how long things like that can linger on. I think though that that type of stuff is quite random in terms of British - German direction it's been so long.

The Belarus - German issues over WWII seem to be way more entrenched than us Brits. The girl I met told me she didn't like the German language as it reminded her of the war - she was only 30! Lol. So it's surprising how it can all be passed on a long way down the road. In the UK I think we are getting to a time when most of those that fought in WWII have passed on and the decades have moved societal focus onto other matters. In Belarus I was there for the Victory Day celebrations last year and they seem still more caught up on it all. Their TV just played films about good Belarusian citizens being masarcred by the Nazis. It certainly looks like their civilian population suffered the full brunt of Nazi oppression with it affecting them far more than the blitz, though of course it was just a film it was no doubt similar to what occurred as history reflects.

So myself I think I'll stay away from bringing it up at all while out that way, it doesn't look like it's something to dredge up. I'm guessing your back in Blighty now James :)

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2019, 05:16:34 PM »
Kiev back Blighty 13th.  Quarter of the belarus population was killed in ww2 the population has only just got up to ww2 figures and the Jewish population was exterminated.  Plus the Nazis well German soldiers had a nasty habbit of rounding up the village into the wooden church and setting it on fire.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2019, 05:18:36 PM »
Russians were bad on their way through Germany too.  Humanity tends to get lost in war.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1972
Total: 1982

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM