It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Inviting a Russian woman to the US  (Read 5009 times)

Offline Omega82

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Inviting a Russian woman to the US
« on: January 30, 2019, 07:52:46 PM »
I met a Russian woman in Khabarovsk in 2017.  Recently she wrote to me and asked me if I could invite her to the US.  She says she wants to come for one week.  According to her, it is difficult to get a tourist visa and she wants me to invite her.  Is this possible?  I've only heard of obviously the petition for the fiancée but never just to invite someone for one week.  Any thoughts? 

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Inviting a Russian woman to the US
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 09:17:05 PM »
Some countries require that a citizen invite a foreigner to get a tourist visa.
The USA is not one of these countries and, in fact, is just the opposite.

USA wants foreigners to come and bring money, so they don't want to know about financial support from a USA citizen.

USA doesn't want visitors to have boyfriends in USA because they know this increases the chances of visa overstays.

The tourist visa requestor must do it all on their own without reference to anyone in USA.

Fiance visas, work visas and student visas follow a different pattern than the above.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 09:18:44 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2019, 10:50:12 PM »
I met a Russian woman in Khabarovsk in 2017.  Recently she wrote to me and asked me if I could invite her to the US.  She says she wants to come for one week.  According to her, it is difficult to get a tourist visa and she wants me to invite her.  Is this possible?  I've only heard of obviously the petition for the fiancée but never just to invite someone for one week.  Any thoughts?

A single Russian woman getting a tourist visa is difficult.  An invitation letter from a single man for a single woman  may actually be a hindrance, because it is more of a proof that the visa applicant has an incentive to overstay her visa in the US.

The consular officer will evaluate the application as follows (from the US Embassy site):

Documents to Bring: The consul will be more interested in what you have to say rather than what documents you present. However, you may choose to bring any evidence that can help to demonstrate your purpose of travel, your strong ties to Russia, and a pattern of business or tourism travel to other countries. Examples could include previous passports, proof of your income and assets, and letters from business associates explaining your planned travel.

Offline Gator

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 07:00:43 AM »
Best to have a woman invite her.  More specifically, a RW of about the same age, formerly from Khabarovsk, and now residing in the US.  The two can claim they were friends in Khabarovsk even though in reality they never met.  Such has been done before.     

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 08:29:36 AM »
even that can fail... it seems things are "different" now...
6 months ago my wife invited her sister who lives in Rostov, she has 2 kids, husband, house, job
we've had many Russian and Ukrainian visitors in the past with no problems obtaining visas
this was the first time a visa application was turned down.. no explanation either

Offline whynotme

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 09:40:51 PM »

She doesn't need an invitation for that type of visa, unless she wants to increase chances of her application will be denied. She doesn't need a lot of paperwork indeed. I'd recommend her to plan at least 2 weeks trip (one week is too short, if it's not participating in the conference or exhibition). She also needs a plan for her trip, what places she wants to visit, maybe hotels booked (booking.com does free cancellation). Money on the bank account, job and paper from her boss that she is given a vacation, family members who stay at home. No any relatives and people she knows in the US. Also waiting in line for few hours outside the consulate in Vladivostok will be not the pleasant experience, better wait when it gets warmer.  :P

Offline DCcowboy

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2019, 05:58:53 AM »
Just went through this with my Russian Lady. It will must likely result in denial. I would suggest meeting in other country or you going to her. We are meeting in Belgium in the spring.

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 02:08:23 PM »
Belgium rather than Spain or Cyprus very cultural but no bikinis

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2019, 02:39:50 PM »
"We are meeting in Belgium in the spring."

maybe an hour+ train ride to Amsterdam from Belgium
the two of you go to a coffee bar and "get ripped" and then have the best SEX you EVER had in your life!!!!!!!!
TRUST ME!!!!

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2019, 04:37:32 PM »
Before the tensions between the US and Russia intensified there was a good chance she'd get a visa, there was only about a 12% refusal rate for Russia in 2017. Things might be different now.

If she can't get a visa for the US she could always fly to Mexico and you could spend time there. Or Thailand which is closer to Khabarovsk than the US. Lots of Russians spend vacations in Thailand. Other places in Asia such as China, Korea and Japan.

ML is correct about not needing an invitation from a local for a visa. In fact saying that you're visiting a local might indeed result in a visa refusal.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY17.pdf

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1882
Total: 1893

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM