It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Reactions from other people in your life  (Read 37209 times)

Offline MaxxumUSA

• Back in the game!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Reactions from other people in your life
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2007, 12:59:08 PM »
There are many women out of my league.  That's why I started my search globally for a wife.  The women from my past did not measure up to my standards.
Back to having fun in life!

Offline KenC

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2007, 01:17:36 PM »
There are many women out of my league.  That's why I started my search globally for a wife.  The women from my past did not measure up to my standards.
Maxxum,
And now you're in the Major Leagues!  (I was gonna say "bigs" but that may be a reference used for AW too :P)
KenC
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:42:58 PM by KenC »
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline TigerPaws

• 16 years together & still very much in love
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2007, 02:18:04 PM »

Well said MaxxumUSA, well said.  :applaud:

TigerPaws

Offline Kuna

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2007, 02:29:10 PM »
Oh come on....

Because English is a woman's second (or thrid, or fourth) language and she comes from an economically disadvantaged country doesn't mean ANY western man can get a hot young FSUW AND maintain the relationship.

Men need to look at themselves honestly and choose their perfect mate carefully.

This is starting to sound like a dating site that charges per letter.

Yes...  most men CAN "upgrade" compare to what they normally date at home BUT not every man can aim for the stars and succeed (at the resulting marriage).

Surely we've all seen some of the photos from the tours...  do you really think some of those men should be aiming for the stars?

I think the best gauge of what a main should aim for directly relates to his dating abilities at home...  Someone who's a complete dud at home (and they know who they are) just won't be as big a dud in FSU. 

Kuna

Offline TigerPaws

« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2007, 02:36:20 PM »
Oh come on....

Because English is a woman's second (or thrid, or fourth) language and she comes from an economically disadvantaged country doesn't mean ANY western man can get a hot young FSUW AND maintain the relationship.

Men need to look at themselves honestly and choose their perfect mate carefully.

Yes...  most men CAN "upgrade" compare to what they normally date at home BUT not every man can aim for the stars and succeed (at the resulting marriage).

Surely we've all seen some of the photos from the tours...  do you really think some of those men should be aiming for the stars?

I think the best gauge of what a main should aim for directly relates to his dating abilities at home...  Someone who's a complete dud at home (and they know who they are) just won't be as big a dud in FSU. 

Kuna
Kuna,

Please read again:

In extremily broad general terms I tend to agree in principal with DKMM "if" he is talking about the average Joe sixpac, but that is not what I have been talking about and maybe that is my fault. I am talking about a man with above average intelligence, with the time, energy, resources and a can do attitude, someone who is not willing to settle for less. I know many such men and all of them are sucessful businessman, some are in business for themselves some work for fortune 500 companies but all of them get what they want through hard work and refusing to be one of the crowd.

TigerPaws

Offline I/O

« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2007, 03:45:25 PM »
if you want it badly enough all a man has to do is to keep on trying until he succeeds. TigerPaws

I guess we have our own resident "Poster Child" (Who shall remain nameless) to prove that point. 10 years and counting at last report.:P :P :P

I/O

Offline Kuna

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2007, 03:54:20 PM »
Kuna,

Please read again:

In extremily broad general terms I tend to agree in principal with DKMM "if" he is talking about the average Joe sixpac, but that is not what I have been talking about and maybe that is my fault. I am talking about a man with above average intelligence, with the time, energy, resources and a can do attitude, someone who is not willing to settle for less. I know many such men and all of them are sucessful businessman, some are in business for themselves some work for fortune 500 companies but all of them get what they want through hard work and refusing to be one of the crowd.

TigerPaws

Paws,

I hear ya... but how many are in the FSU looking for wives...  and how many that ARE in FSU looking for wives fit the profile you describe?

I'd suggest many men fail because they are unrealistic about what league they are in.  I also think league has less to do with looks than social status, confidence, etc...

I see many men at home that fail in teh dating game and they always have excuses... Women nly want men with money... women only want young hot guys... women want XYZ...  The fact is they don't understand women...

Offline TigerPaws

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2007, 03:56:42 PM »
The fact is they don't understand women...
And YOU do?

Please regale me.

TigerPaws

Offline Wayne B

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2007, 04:04:30 PM »
Maybe the difference is, one who is trying to understand vs the one whom takes things for 'Granted'......we will never know all....but we can continue to learn.... ;)

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2007, 04:19:35 PM »
Let me through out a thought here.   There have been some posts about alpha males and the amazing power they can have over women.   Even if the Alpha male is not all that good looking or successful.

To some extent is it not possible that "In our league" is a matter of "state of mind"   If we believe they are they are and if we believe they are not they are not.

I also think that in our league is different in the FSU and in America and it takes a while to find out what is and is not in our league.

Offline Kuna

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2007, 04:23:53 PM »
And YOU do?

Please regale me.

TigerPaws

Lesson #1:

Women will exploit a weak, stupid man... but they won't respect him!

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2007, 04:26:12 PM »
I guess we have our own resident "Poster Child" (Who shall remain nameless) to prove that point. 10 years and counting at last report.:P :P :P

I/O

I cannot guess who did you imply by the "Poster Child"  ;D
We are sitting here laughing about it.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 04:27:50 PM by vwrw »
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline TigerPaws

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2007, 05:00:17 PM »
Lesson #1:

Women will exploit a weak, stupid man... but they won't respect him!
You have still not answered my question. Kuna. "The fact is they don't understand women..."And you do?

Now you believe that all women will exploit men you consider weak? How do you know which men are in your opinion weak, who appointed you all knowing?

TigerPaws
« Last Edit: July 23, 2007, 05:16:17 PM by TigerPaws »

Offline KenC

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »
Oh come on....

Kuna,
Where oh where did anyone say that?

"Perfect" is a rather subjective scale, now isn't it?

Yes...  most men CAN "upgrade" compare to what they normally date at home BUT not every man can aim for the stars and succeed (at the resulting marriage).
Again, "shooting for the stars" is a rather subjective term.  Some stars may be brighter or more difficult to obtain.  Isn't it up to the man to decide what his goal is?  And it is up to the woman to shoot him down if he is reaching too far. :'(  The only people that should stand in judgement are the couple themselves.

Kuna
Kuna,
You seem to put too much emphasis on the physical match up between couples IMO.  A person's true dynamics cannot be captured in a photo or even on a message board.  How the couple interacts is the key to compatibility.  In some superficial areas Lena and I are the biggest mismatch ever, but in areas of importance, we are made for each other.
KenC

Offline Kuna

« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2007, 10:08:39 PM »
Paws,

Twist and turn as much as you want but you've got a greater chance of "understanding" if you stay on topic...  I've seen characters like you before and the never seem to "get it"... maybe because they don't want to!

Now, would you like me to answer Part 1 or Part 2 of of your ramblings???

Part 1:

You have still not answered my question. Kuna. "The fact is they don't understand women..."And you do?[/size]

Yep... it's true... some men have no idea when it comes to attracting a woman!

SHOCK HORROR, that doesn't surprise you does it?   

Now you believe that all women will exploit men you consider weak? How do you know which men are in your opinion weak, who appointed you all knowing?

TigerPaws[/color][/size]

Where did I say all women will exploit men that I consier weak????

You're a slippery little character aren't ya?

The WOMEN know what a man is like when the first meet them...  They can SMELL it.  A guy that pretends to be confident (or different than he really is) might be able to pull it off in email but he's cry "there was no chemistry" when they finally meet.

Please don't distort my words... it does neighter of us justice!

I reckon I've got a pretty good grip on women and what motivates them....  I just had this discussion on the weekend in a pub with a girl/woman who was obviously on the prowl...  I made a comment to a friend...  she called me over and challenged the comment...   I explained further and she agreed... It's not uncommon...

Forgive me if I sound arrogant... Im not trying to be.  Women are wonderful AND complex - but I still maintain that some men just don't "get it".

If you're looking for an argument over this point I suggest you lay your credentials on the line...

How well did you understand women (FSU or not) before your trips???

You keep saying you kept searching until you found the right one (and by the way I'm happy that you found the right one) but it's not like you didn't have THOUSANDS of women to choose from through dating sites and marriage agencies. 

How come you couldn't identify "the right one" earlier?

(I've asked you to be introspective before and it went over your head... I assume you'll just come back and attack me without putting any genuine thought into it but that's fine with me....  the attacks mean nothing...  At the very least I hope to get newbies thinking and have them understand it's not a random process)

Kuna 

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2007, 10:32:24 PM »
Hey guys, I'm seeing people who generally agree but are arguing about how one or the other chooses to explain it.  I agree with all of you, even though I see that some are putting it into idealistic terms and others are putting it into more realistic terms.  In real life it's nice to have a bit of both.

Offline Kuna

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2007, 10:43:09 PM »
Kuna,
Quote from: Kuna on Today at 07:29:10
Oh come on....

Where oh where did anyone say that?

I didn't say anyone said that... It was my comment!

If want to see someone twisting another persons words I suggest you go back to TigerPaws last post... I didn't see you attack him over that???

"Perfect" is a rather subjective scale, now isn't it?

Indeed it is...  and that's why I'm saying that each man need to look at himself honestly and seek a perfect mate FOR HIM.  I thought it was pretty clear...

Again, "shooting for the stars" is a rather subjective term.  Some stars may be brighter or more difficult to obtain.  Isn't it up to the man to decide what his goal is?  And it is up to the woman to shoot him down if he is reaching too far. :'(  The only people that should stand in judgement are the couple themselves.

I'm not standing in judgement of any couple... what I'm suggesting to newbies is that they are reaistic when they are in search mode because some who are members here clearly haven't been realistic.  I'm not talking about the curent active posters but you and I both know there have been men who have been unrealistic on a LARGE number of critical issues.  Age isn't the only one... Language ability... time together...  social background...  etc.

Perhaps I will be better understood after the next bit...?

Kuna

Kuna,
You seem to put too much emphasis on the physical match up between couples IMO.  A person's true dynamics cannot be captured in a photo or even on a message board.  How the couple interacts is the key to compatibility.  In some superficial areas Lena and I are the biggest mismatch ever, but in areas of importance, we are made for each other.
KenC

Ken,

None of my comments in here related to age or physical similarities.  Age is a risk (INHO) when men go on this search but it's only a risk for men who wouldn't normally date girls much younger than them at home.

Yes,  it's possible to date or marry a girl much yonger than them in FSU... yes it's even possible to marry one... but it's also possible to date and marry a girl that doesn't speak English... or one that comes from a big city like Moscow who has no idea what it'll e like to live in a town with a population of <1000.

Would we suggest every newbie throws common sense out the window and heads into the wild blue yonder trying to fulfill his fantasies (that are often stimulated by agencies that assure any man he can have any woman)?

When it comes to someone like you and Lena I have hinted at it before but I didn't want to sound like I was *snip*ing in your pocket...  I've seen men come in and be surprised at the photos of you and Lena together because for some you might seem physically a missmatch...

Now... please understand I AM NOT *snip*ing in your pocket....

What some men don't realise is that the social norms at home STILL exist in FSU dating even if they are not as exentuated...  From getting to know you (as well as one can over the Internet) I have the impression you weren't struggling for attractive female company in your dating past???

If a guy looks at the women he is dating at home he might be able to "upscale" (to an extent) in FSU...  Why?  That's another debate...

What he is unlikely to do is succeed WAY out of his league... or if he does it might take him a VERY long time to find what he thinks is "Chemistry".

Again... my comments re about providing advice to a newbie that will give him a lower risk view of this journey...

To come back to your comment that I'm putting too much emphasis on the physical match... I don't mean to...  When I say "look in the mirror" I'm using a metaphor for "be a little introspective"...

"Look at yourself and be honest about your chances of meeting, marrying and keeping" a "very hot girl".

A HUGE factor in attraction is confidence..  Social standing comes into it too...  The security and stability a man can provide is also a big factor...

Remember the guy in the trailor park a while ago???  Can we honestly tell him to "aim for the stars" and believe we're giving him good advice?

How about another member of RWD who drove buses for a living and left his FSUW alone at home before their failed K1. (To that member... sorry for mentioning you but I needed an example).  Do you think we should let future newbies that come here read the dvice to "shoot for the stars" no matter your current circumstances?

Finally on looks... Looks are important to support attraction... but looks will not help a man keep a girl.  Men are more affected by looks when attraction is developing and women have the unique ability to see through SOME of our flaws to comprehend the whole picture.

In a recent thread a few guys posted Shirt off pics... I didn't comment at the time but it was pretty silly... Aparently man men send shirt off pics as the initial contact with a woman.

Physical looks ARE a factor in attracting the opposite sex... but it is FAR from the be all and end all.

but then again... I know nothing about women...   ::)

p.s.  No time to edit for typos now... but I'll edit if I remember when I get back...

Scott, agreed...

I just don't like my words being twisted when someone is labouring to make their point!  We're you and I bashed for smething like that recently??? Seems like it's good for some and not for others!

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2007, 10:54:13 PM »
okay, KenC, I am going to use you as an example, and first I want to say that I think you are a lucky man but that you deserve the wonderful woman that you have been blessed with as a wife.  But in all honesty, no matter your age, income, looks, character, etc., do you really think that you would have any chance in hell of finding such an incredible woman in the US?

Offline KenC

« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2007, 11:33:11 PM »
okay, KenC, I am going to use you as an example, and first I want to say that I think you are a lucky man but that you deserve the wonderful woman that you have been blessed with as a wife.  But in all honesty, no matter your age, income, looks, character, etc., do you really think that you would have any chance in hell of finding such an incredible woman in the US?
Scott,
I was dating some mighty fine women here before I met Lena.

Kuna,
We agree more than we disagree.
KenC

Offline ScottinCrimea

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »
KenC,  I also dated some mighty fine women in the US.  I think for both of us, it was not about finding a woman within any defined borders, it was about finding someone who was what we were seeking ( consciously or subconsciously) no matter the political borders.  The fact that we found this within the FSU is maybe the sole factor that unites us in this forum

Offline KenC

« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2007, 11:56:22 PM »
KenC,  I also dated some mighty fine women in the US.  I think for both of us, it was not about finding a woman within any defined borders, it was about finding someone who was what we were seeking ( consciously or subconsciously) no matter the political borders.  The fact that we found this within the FSU is maybe the sole factor that unites us in this forum
But we also didn't marry any of those other fine women, now did we? :D  I happened to marry a woman from Russia, that's all.
KenC
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 07:03:42 AM by KenC »

Offline I/O

« Reply #71 on: July 24, 2007, 12:45:05 AM »
I cannot guess who did you imply by the "Poster Child"  ;D
We are sitting here laughing about it.

It would be a sad world if we couldn't laugh.  8)

I/O

Offline Mir

« Reply #72 on: July 24, 2007, 02:15:51 AM »
There have been some posts about alpha males and the amazing power they can have over women.   Even if the Alpha male is not all that good looking or successful.

Highly intelligent, confident, and successful, alpha males represent about 70% of all senior executives. Natural leaders, they willingly take on levels of responsibility most rational people would find overwhelming. But many of their quintessential strengths can also make alphas difficult to work and live with. Their self-confidence can appear domineering. Their high expectations can make them excessively critical. Their unemotional style can keep them from inspiring their teams and mates.

So by definition alpha male has to be successful.
Also he would make a poor husband because of the very qualities that make him so successful.
Women who find them attractive are most likely attracted to their success and the privileges it will bring for them if they marry him.

Intrestingly success at business is often taken as the measure of ones intellect, but is that the right criteria?
I don't think many of the great minds the world has seen were successful business men.

Offline Lily

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #73 on: July 24, 2007, 02:24:49 AM »

Women who find them attractive are most likely attracted to their success and the privileges it will bring for them if they marry him.

They are attracted to his qualities that have ultimately made him successful.
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

Offline Mir

« Reply #74 on: July 24, 2007, 02:36:24 AM »
Yes but the qualities that make a man a success in business are not the same as that make him a good husband

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1948
Total: 1957

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM