It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 457520 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #1600 on: May 23, 2018, 12:35:36 AM »
Firstly, I'm not rich ....

Guys don't believe a word of what he says, Mobers is a little Irish Leprechaun, it you see him thwack the bugger and a load of gold will fall out of his pockets :D he's filthy rich! Make sure not to touch his lucky charms though ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1601 on: May 23, 2018, 01:02:54 AM »
Trench what's the obsession with money and you man, did you grow up poor?   Every recent post you do is all about money. telling Kyn not to send it to girls, presuming who's rich or not, capital gains etc....

you head ain't in the right space man. you worried about your finances too much.  I have close relatives like that and it gets annoying as hell.  Counting every penny.  That's why you don't want a girl to make more than you as she'll just leave you.

Did it not occur to you that women can be the breadwinner in the West. 

Offline Blighty

« Reply #1602 on: May 23, 2018, 01:13:15 AM »
IF you are earning what you claim ... ( I seriously question the veracity of most of what you post - I believe you are bored and need something to keep you busy ) you cannot afford to be in this endeavour

From TC's posts, and his overall attitude, I think he is employed on a flexible contract with variable hours. Consequently, he has a low income, and does not earn enough to be involved in this endeavour. This is why I keep bringing up the income rules for the spouse visa.

He probably sits at home waiting to be called into work that day, and so either fantasizes on RWD or watches 'Homes under the Hammer' on TV.  This is where he gets the idea of being a property developer, and becoming as rich as a Leprechaun (sorry msbob).

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1603 on: May 23, 2018, 01:17:08 AM »
Trench what's your job or line of work anyways? 

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1604 on: May 23, 2018, 01:28:57 AM »
there's so many Russians in London now, just find one there.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1605 on: May 23, 2018, 01:48:16 AM »
Guys don't believe a word of what he says, Mobers is a little Irish Leprechaun, it you see him thwack the bugger and a load of gold will fall out of his pockets :D he's filthy rich! Make sure not to touch his lucky charms though ;D

Nice deflection - this thread is about you.... your attempts at FSU dating

My financial affairs have been stated ... It is not relevant whether Trench believes  - or not.  It is just another example of Trench not paying attention to what REALLY matters ..sorting himself out and stopping making 'excuses'

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1606 on: May 23, 2018, 04:54:16 AM »
Thought you would enjoy that one Mobers :D

Well Sting I know you have brought up about Russians in London before. Well maybe I will try it if this present attempt is not fruitful. I think as said before it is likely to not turn up a lot because it's a case if getting to meet them in the first place and finding one with Chemistry. Overall there is a situation of any attactive or decent ones being unindated by guys. Even if this happens I their own country my status as a western guy apparently will trump a lot of the competition so I may just get a look in whereas in London perhaps not so.

After all why don't all UK guys that go looking for a FSW not just look in London if it is that easy. Like I say I will give it a go, but don't fancy my chances. I welcome your suggestion anyway Sting, who knows if it did go that way in the crazyness that us life it might actually work :)

Well Mobees,  I WILL take you up on what you say :D let's say we leave this thread for a bit then and continue on my 'FSU dating plans for 2018' thread, so no excuses ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1607 on: May 23, 2018, 05:10:55 PM »
Thought you would enjoy that one Mobers :D

Well Sting I know you have brought up about Russians in London before. Well maybe I will try it if this present attempt is not fruitful. I think as said before it is likely to not turn up a lot because it's a case if getting to meet them in the first place and finding one with Chemistry. Overall there is a situation of any attactive or decent ones being unindated by guys. Even if this happens I their own country my status as a western guy apparently will trump a lot of the competition so I may just get a look in whereas in London perhaps not so.

After all why don't all UK guys that go looking for a FSW not just look in London if it is that easy. Like I say I will give it a go, but don't fancy my chances. I welcome your suggestion anyway Sting, who knows if it did go that way in the crazyness that us life it might actually work :)

Well Mobees,  I WILL take you up on what you say :D let's say we leave this thread for a bit then and continue on my 'FSU dating plans for 2018' thread, so no excuses ;)

Please can't you just get a goldfish?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 05:12:38 PM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Davo2

Offline msmob

« Reply #1609 on: May 24, 2018, 12:41:41 AM »
As for 'Russians' in London

They fall into three categories:

1/ They are wealthy and live a lifestyle most of us cannot match or are divorced - have residency - and don't need a passport / 'white knight' 

2/ They aren't 'Russian' - but ethnic Russian ( Lit, LV, EST) and don't need a passport or a 'white knight' to 'save' them

3/ They aren't Russian ( UKrainian, etc., ) and are here illegally or overstaying - they MIGHT seek a 'white knight' and passport ... 

Don't think 1 or 2  will be interested and you would run a mile from 3

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1610 on: May 24, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »
As for 'Russians' in London

They fall into three categories:

1/ They are wealthy and live a lifestyle most of us cannot match or are divorced - have residency - and don't need a passport / 'white knight' 

2/ They aren't 'Russian' - but ethnic Russian ( Lit, LV, EST) and don't need a passport or a 'white knight' to 'save' them

3/ They aren't Russian ( UKrainian, etc., ) and are here illegally or overstaying - they MIGHT seek a 'white knight' and passport ... 

Don't think 1 or 2  will be interested and you would run a mile from 3

Thanks Mobers, think you are right here, thought it would pretty much be a no-go. Seems like its just the easy answer that would probably turn out to be not so easy. Thought that it would be better to accept Sting's point and have someone else explain it seeing as he keeps bringing it up and will not accept any answer I give him on it as to why they are generally a no-go option.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1611 on: May 24, 2018, 08:20:54 AM »
Well Kyn, not meaning to pick apart matters, I think it seems like most women in the FSU dating scene seem to come with at least one caveat, pitfall, call it what you will.

Compared to your list  of failings- I'm sure they are perfectly normal - in comparison

Offline msmob

« Reply #1612 on: May 24, 2018, 08:43:24 AM »
I always find the taxi guys in an airport a real pain, the 'unofficial taxi' ones more so. I usually ignore them and wave them away and either find alternatives or if I have none negotiate when I'm ready. When in Moscow last year for the first time I went Aeroexpress both ways, 500 roubles each way if I recall correct.

When were you  ACTUALLY there? When did you use the aeroexpress? I ask as the prices changed, recently - I think you are quoting the NEW prices from the websites.."as I recall" ... hmm...

At Moscow airports the official taxi firms have badges and get arsy if a non approved seller hangs around

Lastly, if you read folks TRs you'd KNOW that it was suggested to download the yandex taxi app - used to be uber in Russia - FAR cheaper than the airport pundits that wait you as you emerge in arrivals

Just in case others doubt my wondering about your 'recollection'  I found one of the price increases from 2015, they were further increased recently - I recall as I really WAS there and used the service

They went up from 400 to 450 each way in June 2015....  Hopefully, someone can tell us ( exactly ) when they went up to 500 / 1000 ( return)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2018, 08:47:03 AM by msmob »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #1613 on: May 24, 2018, 08:54:59 AM »
Trench,

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to get dates where you are?
are you living now in the area you grew up in?
why aren’t your friends/relatives etc fixing you up with someone*?

if you live in some place with a low population density, maybe consider commuting to meet someone, UK has great public transport, I used to take trains/busses all the time, and it was always great!

seriously, get some kind of “interesting hobby” and find some “interest group” for that hobby in the closest big city to you and start connecting to and meeting people

is this your problem where you are now?
social isolation?

*when I came home to visit my parents from college (to do laundry) my mom was always trying to fix me up with her friend’s dateless daughters, sometimes there was even $10 thrown in, which usually meant that my blind date would be overweight somewhat (but might otherwise be pleasant)

the common thing with all these girls was that they were all so grateful to be taken out and shown a good time, that they would do sexually whatever I wanted
and the next day it was back to school for me...

ahhh, goood times

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2018, 10:57:54 AM »
Trench,

I don’t understand why it’s so hard for you to get dates where you are?
are you living now in the area you grew up in?
why aren’t your friends/relatives etc fixing you up with someone*?

if you live in some place with a low population density, maybe consider commuting to meet someone, UK has great public transport, I used to take trains/busses all the time, and it was always great!

seriously, get some kind of “interesting hobby” and find some “interest group” for that hobby in the closest big city to you and start connecting to and meeting people

is this your problem where you are now?
social isolation?

*when I came home to visit my parents from college (to do laundry) my mom was always trying to fix me up with her friend’s dateless daughters, sometimes there was even $10 thrown in, which usually meant that my blind date would be overweight somewhat (but might otherwise be pleasant)

the common thing with all these girls was that they were all so grateful to be taken out and shown a good time, that they would do sexually whatever I wanted
and the next day it was back to school for me...

ahhh, goood times

My brother said the same thing the other day when I was chatting in the pub with him about joining some groups, but I've been there, done that, and know its real hit & miss with doing that, more often miss. Social group stuff sems to come with the following problems:

- Stuff like Yoga - good for women but hard getting to talk to, they nearly all quickly enter & finish in silence, lol. Fitness/Sport classes largely similar, I mean if you're luck is in maybe :-\

- Adult Education classes - talent varies depending on what you do, but assuming you avoid all the old granny/old Mum's filled classes the few girls turn up usually have bf's or just seem uninterested. Remember these groups are not large.

- Short Further Education College courses - not bad if you can find the time, will likely be half men, half women ish depending on the course - depends on if there is someone there you hit it off with & being able to team up with her on learning rather than it get in the way in a quiet study lesson environment. Some guys just turn up for the first class or two and if no talent then leave, maybe women do also, lol.

- Uni courses - well a bit beyond my prime on these now adays, some guys just go to uni to meet any talent they may be present. Again can be hit and miss on the right girl being present and even if she is may already have a bf, be unindated with guys queuing up for her. Loads of competition form other guys, in crowd type guys who think the dogs bollocks of themselves. Possible to quit course in the first few days before registration & fees, otherwise could get expensive.

Anyway, we were discussing it in relation to another guys on his other half's side of the family who has just been ditched by his girl who is off to uni and I think will very much struggle to get another gf due to his prospects being in decline, remote location and probably a bit of and average joe type character like most of us.

Few of my family know of any unattached girls and I rarely hear them speak of many, one girl my sister knows & I've seen her is vastly overweight, so a no-go for me.

Other than social groups there are:

- Speed dating nights - you meet about 20 odd women a night, some of them not bad, but nearly all the guys that go get a big fat 'zero' from all the girls. They basically want a guy who ticks boxes from real social party type guy to real wealthy guy. Been four times, an utterly pointless exercise.

- Match nights - not quite as bad as speed dating nights but still bad enough. You get people of all ages up to old grandpa's and grannies. Main issue is you get a 'load' of young guys along who far outnumber the women of any age with only the real old ones perhaps being the exception. So the odd few hottish women walk in and they know they can hold out to see what the offering is never mind even having to think they have to go for any of the offering.

- Plenty of Fish & Match, etc dating website - well welcome to lonely and tiresome nights of pounding away on the keyboard to no avail. Some profiles are of course fake and on Match some of the women are not paid up members, probably even more so than the men. Quantity of competition from other men is high here, and quality of women all too often low - think those women with mental health problems, the overweight and unattractive, character flaws and basically all the left overs. If your luck is in you might get a divorcee or a girl out of an LTR who doesn't have too big a set of issues. Some of these girls even if you get them come up are undateble, they mess around with loads of guys as normally no guys would be interested, or they just plain mess you around. That's if you even get to meet with any of them as few do its a real raffle. I met with one girl that actually contacted me, she was actually ok, but there was no chemistry, she was kind of shy but could tell just not into me, nice enough person though. For all the rest of my keyboard mailings though like many guys on there I got no interest. These dating sites heavily favour the women, they can meet men in the quantity required, few men can meet women in the quantity often needed on these sites.

Other than that there is just out and about and work both of which are random. Out and about is usually when shopping and its hard to chat up someone you don't know without being seen as a weirdo or being real awkward and probably putting a woman off in the process. Plus you never got any inkling if they are single (few of the pretty ones are, even many of the average ones aren't). Also, age is not always easy to ascertain or they just look a bit youngish - here of course its not the FSU and although times have changed it is still seen as very strange if there is a big age gap, embarrassing even. Older couple probably ok but a guy of 40 with a girl in her late teens/early twenties, even mid twenties will not be looked upon well if not by the girl then by her parents, etc - so potentially embarrassing.

So there we have it, I've tried pretty much all of it and many other guys in my situation I know have done. End of the day there is usually so much more go in the FSU. I've just joined up to dm notify and within about a 12 hour period received 9 letters just from my profile being visible on the search engine before I got around to hiding my profile - I haven't even gotten around to messaging anyone on there! lol if I do indeed decide to message any. That type of response I would not get anywhere close to in the UK. In the UK compared to the FSU I am nowhere near any stage of getting into a serious relationship with a girl compared to FSU dating where much more rapid progress can be made. Many guys in the UK are in the same boat as me. It always seems like there are far more dateless men here than women and that's the problem. 

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2018, 11:13:27 AM »
Thanks Mobers, think you are right here, thought it would pretty much be a no-go. Seems like its just the easy answer that would probably turn out to be not so easy. Thought that it would be better to accept Sting's point and have someone else explain it seeing as he keeps bringing it up and will not accept any answer I give him on it as to why they are generally a no-go option.

Well if you are over 50 then that's probably the only Russians he encountered in London.  There are tons of students there short term.  Heck on my flight to Moscow via the UK I was sitting next to a young lady who just finished studying there.  Not all of them are wealthy oligarchs.

And not just Russians, there's tons of Eastern Europeans in London.  Polish, Romanian, Hungarian, Czech.  Go find one.  Dude I lived in London, it's a huge hub for people all over Europe and Asia.  People want to immigrate there.  You are making it seem like it's hard to find a girl there.  You got about 100 nationalities you can pick from.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2018, 11:18:28 AM »

When were you  ACTUALLY there? When did you use the aeroexpress? I ask as the prices changed, recently - I think you are quoting the NEW prices from the websites.."as I recall" ... hmm...

At Moscow airports the official taxi firms have badges and get arsy if a non approved seller hangs around

Lastly, if you read folks TRs you'd KNOW that it was suggested to download the yandex taxi app - used to be uber in Russia - FAR cheaper than the airport pundits that wait you as you emerge in arrivals

Just in case others doubt my wondering about your 'recollection'  I found one of the price increases from 2015, they were further increased recently - I recall as I really WAS there and used the service

They went up from 400 to 450 each way in June 2015....  Hopefully, someone can tell us ( exactly ) when they went up to 500 / 1000 ( return)

Such a stickler for details Mobe, well put it this way I remember putting a 500 rouble note into the machine so if it was not that and instead 450 then near enough that.

I'm sure Yandex is great Mobers but if you are without wi-fi then it will be useless i.e without a Russian sim card and nowhere obvious to get a wi-fi signal or people to ask.

Now given the situation Kyn got himself into with traffic jams in Moscow and you arguing with me about taxi being better than areoexpress/underground ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2018, 04:04:34 PM »
Such a stickler for details Mobe, well put it this way I remember putting a 500 rouble note into the machine so if it was not that and instead 450 then near enough that.

I'm sure Yandex is great Mobers but if you are without wi-fi then it will be useless i.e without a Russian sim card and nowhere obvious to get a wi-fi signal or people to ask.

Another example of a hmm - can you ACTUALLY have been to a Moscow airport?

Wifi is FREE and all you have to do is confirm your mob tel number by receiving an sms code and entering it ...  You don't NEED a RU sim card - but if that was your 'issue' then all Moscow airports have places selling Beeline, MTS, Megafon..  on arrival

Now given the situation Kyn got himself into with traffic jams in Moscow and you arguing with me about taxi being better than areoexpress/underground ;)

Depends on the time of day ...  I sent SC in a yandex taxi from DME to SVO - I was flying on to MAN via Brussels from Sochi and she was going to Thailand with another lady - the price was 1500R - so cheaper than 2 x 2x 500's plus a metro ride between two stations.

Unlike you - I DO know what I'm talking about re Moscow airports...

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2018, 06:36:30 PM »
Another example of a hmm - can you ACTUALLY have been to a Moscow airport?

Wifi is FREE and all you have to do is confirm your mob tel number by receiving an sms code and entering it ...  You don't NEED a RU sim card - but if that was your 'issue' then all Moscow airports have places selling Beeline, MTS, Megafon..  on arrival

Depends on the time of day ...  I sent SC in a yandex taxi from DME to SVO - I was flying on to MAN via Brussels from Sochi and she was going to Thailand with another lady - the price was 1500R - so cheaper than 2 x 2x 500's plus a metro ride between two stations.

Unlike you - I DO know what I'm talking about re Moscow airports...

I was really talking about wi-fi at the train station in Moscow in my instance. Sure, most airports have free wifi but not all are easy to get onto, depends on browser, etc not usually what you want after getting of flight and needing to get somewhere quick. Some of these taxi apps depend on when one of their taxi's can get to you anyway.

If there is more than one of you sure taxi can work out fine, but this was not the case here.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2018, 10:40:09 PM »
Even if one - if the time is right - you'd rather take two trains and possible two metros to 'save' 300-400 roubles crossing between two Moscow airports with a case ? ;)

Yup..that would be Trench

May be I am 'daft' but keeping in comms and getting a local SIM is the first thing I do in a new country - even if the sim might cost a little more.

Do you ALWAYS make excuses ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1620 on: May 25, 2018, 08:56:56 AM »
Even if one - if the time is right - you'd rather take two trains and possible two metros to 'save' 300-400 roubles crossing between two Moscow airports with a case ? ;)

Yup..that would be Trench

May be I am 'daft' but keeping in comms and getting a local SIM is the first thing I do in a new country - even if the sim might cost a little more.

Do you ALWAYS make excuses ?

Yep always worth saving a few quid or roubles :D

Well yes with hindsight a local sim is a good move but to those of us that are not intrepid explorers these things aren't always apparent. When I first went to Kiev a couple of years back I had no idea that my mobile network would work over there, if a sim/Ukrainian network would even work on my phone, what to get, etc. The whole place was alien to me and I wasn't even sure if people spoke much English. Add to that a load if other things to think of and it's not always as easy a situation as it sounds. Fortunately the hotel had the standard free wifi and I could get messages through WhatsApp.

Online krimster2

« Reply #1621 on: May 25, 2018, 09:25:33 AM »
"getting a local SIM is the first thing I do in a new country"

totally agree, I even have my own little custom SIM extractor
I thought everyone was familiar with pre-paid SIM in Europe
even my teens are telling me to get ORANGE sim cards in Amsterdam
pre-paid SIM used to be the norm in Ukraine
every marketplace will have a store selling them

yahachoo kopeet sim card

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1622 on: May 26, 2018, 04:30:16 AM »
...Well yes with hindsight a local sim is a good move but to those of us that are not intrepid explorers these things aren't always apparent.

There speaks an intrepid Brit to whom a journey to the next village is the biggest adventure he will have all week!

When I first went to Kiev a couple of years back I had no idea that my mobile network would work over there, if a sim/Ukrainian network would even work on my phone, what to get, etc. The whole place was alien to me and I wasn't even sure if people spoke much English.

:cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat: :cluebat:

You spend hours and hours and hours on the internet every day, and you've never heard of Google?  You could get answers to all of those questions in just a few minutes if you simply bothered.  It's like your idea of winging it by ONLY meeting women on your "short" list in cafes or on the street once you're there, rather than contacting them and using a little bit of your valuable time doing some simple research at home before you go.

Add to that a load if other things to think of and it's not always as easy a situation as it sounds. Fortunately the hotel had the standard free wifi and I could get messages through WhatsApp.

If you had bothered to ask the staff (at least some of whom surely spoke English) you would have been directed to the appropriate place and been given all the communications gear you needed.  There is (or was when I was there) a superb phone store in the underground plaza at the Maidan, which will sell you any sort of phone or SIM card, telling you which one is best for what you want AND setting it all up for you in English!

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #1623 on: May 26, 2018, 06:04:41 AM »
There speaks an intrepid Brit to whom a journey to the next village is the biggest adventure he will have all week!

You spend hours and hours and hours on the internet every day, and you've never heard of Google?

I think leaving his UK town is an adventure for Trench. He complains that going to London is too far lol. 

Trench learn what LTE, 4G and dual SIM means.

Online krimster2

« Reply #1624 on: May 26, 2018, 09:44:27 AM »
when I spent summers in Rochdale I think it took about 3 hours by Train to Picadilly
so Trench could leave early in the AM and catch the late train back home and be in London for a day

did you ever do this Trench?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1430