It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 'Brexit' - the stupidity continues  (Read 31603 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 'Brexit' - the stupidity continues
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2017, 01:30:42 AM »

Quote from: trenchcoat
They can only charge so much, most of these companies will either be up against domestic competitor in the UK or International competitors trading in the UK. They will most likely absorb the cost.

With every post - you simply prove you are EXACTLY the sort of 'Brexit' voter I so often refer to - 'unthinking' - even when the evidence of 'project fear's' predictions of a mass exodus are already happening - all those Euro trading jobs - just being the first example

Quote from: trenchcoat
German products for example are overpriced, have been for a long time, sure they are often good quality though I'm beginning to doubt that they are as good a quality as they used to be. They charge a premium for this but I dare say there is a lot of profit taking that could be squeezed here/ Gov has to get more money in to get itself out of the financial hole it is currently in, this could be the place to do it.

German, Irish, Finnish, French (et al ) products are in EUROs...  The GBP fell on Brexit [ edited to 'correct' - when it was possible 'we' might actually vote 'leave' - it recovered when remain was thought likely to win - then fell back - drastically, again ..on the result - falling further which each daft pronouncement, re 'hard brexits'  ] - EXACTLY what the JCBs of this world WANTED ....   Are 'we' benefiting ? Of course not - as we IMPORT and must now pay more..

IF this is the place to be - why are banks planning to move out of London ?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 04:54:37 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

Re: 'Brexit' - the stupidity continues - a pause for sanity
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2017, 11:44:59 PM »
Well, well, Trenchy

Those seeking  a 'hard brexit' were busy telling folks that the EU talks re Brexit were just 'placating words' ...

Now they are telling us the bloody nose they got - a defeat in the Commons for Mrs May's daftness - from her own party members - is 'not serious'

Tory Brexit rebels inflict major defeat on Theresa May

http://www.theguardian.com
/politics/2017/dec/13/tory-brexit
-rebels-inflict-major-defeat-on-theresa-may?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+
Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=256508&subid
=18584627&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

Unless the Tories wake up and ditch her and the continued fantasy of a 'hard Brexit' - we're going to have Corbyn as PM - now that IS SCARY
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 03:49:54 PM by AnonMod »

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2017, 11:17:34 AM »
German products for example are overpriced, have been for a long time, sure they are often good quality

I agree, especially in case of automobiles.
Japanese cars regularly are rated higher in quality than competing German models and cost less, sometimes tens of thousands less at top end.
Lexus quality is rated higher than any German competitor and costs less.

Note: I haven't kept up such ratings the past few years, but I doubt anything has changed.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2017, 12:36:05 PM »
But German cars, though exported, are engineered for the German market, where people change cars frequently.

My cousin is a mechanic.  He says German cars are very well engineered, as well as Japanese cars.  The difference, he tells me, is they don't last as long.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: 'Brexit' - the stupidity continues - a pause for sanity
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2017, 01:25:39 PM »
Well, well, Trenchy

Those seeking  a 'hard brexit' were busy telling folks that the EU talks re Brexit were just 'placating words' ...

Now they are telling us the bloody nose they got - a defeat in the Commons for Mrs May's daftness - from her own party members - is 'not serious'

Tory Brexit rebels inflict major defeat on Theresa May

Unless the Tories wake up and ditch her and the continued fantasy of a 'hard Brexit' - we're going to have Corbyn as PM - now that IS SCARY

I don't think this changes anything/anything will change. Who on the Tory party would want Mrs May's position at this point in time - next to none. They would have to deal with all the Brexit fuss and be heavily under fire themselves, it would be an ordeal few would relish. Please one side of the Tory party and alienate another. Be on one side of the Tory party and you have to deal with the other. Even if you were somewhat in the centre you would have rebels on either wing of the party. I foresee Theresa being PM throughout the entire Brexit process there is little point replacing her successor would have to deal with exactly the same issues.

There will not be another election until after March 2019. The Tories got another 5 year term so they know they are best served by sticking in there despite holding a tiny majority. The DUP will keep them in government for as long as the Tories like during this 5 year term. They DUP are doing well out of the deal they cut with the Tories. If they decide to pull the plug they will be tripping themselves up, If the Tories or Labour get an outright majority in another election the DUP will hold sway over nothing, they will lose the power they currently have.

It's simple Mobe when you think it through ;) The Brexit process is proceeding the vote passed an amendment to the bill it did not trash the bill. That amendment will go through to the Lords & before long we will have the Brexit bill passed. The EU negotiations are half way through. We will have to wait and see what the final deal the EU will find acceptable. The defeat for Theresa May could be seen to go both ways. It could be an attempt by Remainers to try to reverse Brexit or it could be a way of ensuring both Leave & Remainers get a chance to object to a deal that they find unpalatable and on their eyes wrong.

For example I was against the idea thar the UK pay the EU an ongoing sum for free trade access to the EU since it is in the EU's interest to free trade with us why should we pay them, ludicrous. It would be poor taxpayers payin for rich companies to have free trade access which just isn't on. Many Brexiteers felt the same way about this. I personally think it will all play out eventually with a moderate deal that all sides will find reasonable enough even if the don't wholy agree with it. If not a no deal option will be the only alternative I though have no hang up with that.

Cars I have had both German and Japanese, they are both well engineered/built. Both usually require the odd fix of this or that along the way. I would say though that German cars seem expensive beyond there good build credentials. Japanese cars have similar quality for a lot less.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 03:50:15 PM by AnonMod »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »
Well no, Trenchy,

thanks for demonstrating YET ANOTHER subject on which you are simply CLUELESS

Mrs May called the last general election to get a mandate for a 'hard brexit' and now needs the DUP to survive - having LOST seats..

Having the DUP as king-makers means there will be NO hard Brexit... :deadhorse:

As ever, you simply cannot / will not read - from FSU ( women in general) and in SO many other subjects - you simply need to pay attention..

IF May goes now and Ruth Davidson became PM - that's about the only scenario that will stop the Tories losing seats at by-elections that WILL happen over five years - let alone the DUP -  abandoning their support..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2017, 04:55:31 PM »
Well no, Trenchy,

thanks for demonstrating YET ANOTHER subject on which you are simply CLUELESS

Mrs May called the last general election to get a mandate for a 'hard brexit' and now needs the DUP to survive - having LOST seats..

Having the DUP as king-makers means there will be NO hard Brexit... :deadhorse:

As ever, you simply cannot / will not read - from FSU ( women in general) and in SO many other subjects - you simply need to pay attention..

IF May goes now and Ruth Davidson became PM - that's about the only scenario that will stop the Tories losing seats at by-elections that WILL happen over five years - let alone the DUP -  abandoning their support..

Mobe, your forgetting that you potentially have by elections on Labour seats as well as Tory. Eventually her majority may ebb away but remember how long John Major clung on in a similar position - All five years. I'm no Tory voter or supporter,  never have been or will be, I am a Brexiteer though :) Labour I don't think have if right at the moment either. I really don't see anything getting in the way of Brexit either. May is likely to remain throughout he Brexit process removing her would be too problematic during the process. Tories generally as a whole seem happy enough with her there are none that are ranting in protest at the Brexit to come so far. I think you are looking at possibilities that are unlikely to ever occur.

Ruth Davidson, I thought that was a Rhino ;D She's nowhere in sight at them moment, maybe years down the line but at the moment she remains a Scottish thing remote from Englander thinking.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
But German cars, though exported, are engineered for the German market, where people change cars frequently.

As far as I'm aware, Japanese people change their cars more often than Europeans because of their punishing tax system.  This is why there is such a huge industry involving exporting used Japanese cars, often only a year or two old, to other markets (such as New Zealand).

My cousin is a mechanic.  He says German cars are very well engineered, as well as Japanese cars.  The difference, he tells me, is they don't last as long.

Which don't last as long?  I own a BMW now, and I've owned various Japanese cars in the past.  All of them have survived to a ripe old age.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #108 on: December 16, 2017, 10:25:59 PM »
Cousin tells me Toyotas last longer than any other car on the market.  There are VW's that last long, mostly Beetles, but the Toyota is the workhorse of the market.

Germans also change their cars frequently, partly because there are tax incentives in buying German made cars, and very strict standards in terms of maintenance.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #109 on: December 17, 2017, 03:01:16 AM »
As far as I'm aware, Japanese people change their cars more often than Europeans because of their punishing tax system.  This is why there is such a huge industry involving exporting used Japanese cars, often only a year or two old, to other markets (such as New Zealand).

The tough and costly inspection process discourages people from keeping their old cars.

http://enginesfromjapan.blogspot.com/

Cousin tells me Toyotas last longer than any other car on the market.  There are VW's that last long, mostly Beetles, but the Toyota is the workhorse of the market.

All automobile manufactures have the ability to design their cars to drive over a million miles. They can't make money if people aren't getting them repaired. Each manufacture has engineers that do destructive testing. They try to make car parts last longer than the warranty but not too much longer after that.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #110 on: January 01, 2018, 02:07:38 AM »
Happy New Year, Beel !

As part of your New Years's enlightenment about 'Brexit' and why it cannot be complete.

The negotiators on the UK side ARE 'weak' .... they cannot dealwith part of the UK having a haerd border with the EU.. Eire ( rep of Ireland ) and N.Ireland

I would have thought post 105 made that clear.

The UK voters were sold something that simply couldn't happen as long as that border remained open

For that reason ANYONE suggesting a complete or 'hard Brexit' ( leaving with no deals re trade / immigration, etc., in place ) was always ignorant or a fibber.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #111 on: January 01, 2018, 11:12:41 PM »
Happy New Year, Beel !

As part of your New Years's enlightenment about 'Brexit' and why it cannot be complete.

The negotiators on the UK side ARE 'weak' .... they cannot dealwith part of the UK having a haerd border with the EU.. Eire ( rep of Ireland ) and N.Ireland

I would have thought post 105 made that clear.

The UK voters were sold something that simply couldn't happen as long as that border remained open

For that reason ANYONE suggesting a complete or 'hard Brexit' ( leaving with no deals re trade / immigration, etc., in place ) was always ignorant or a fibber.

Moby, unless your part of the UK negotiations team to the EU you won't know if the UK negotiators are weak because you won't know what is going on until after they have finished negotiating. Besidesthat stuff we ate really just do getting to before Christmas they just agreed to an open border. It looks like regardless the deal with the rest of the UK and the EU Ireland will be assured of an open border for people and most likely trade. It will essentially be a back door for immigration/emigration into and out of the UK not just because of the Good Friday agreement but more so because of the Common Travel Area the UK struck with Ireland when it became independent which still resins in force to this day. That said I think there will be passport checking when crossing over from Ireland/Northern Ireland to the UK mainland. That and I don't think many will use it as an immigration/emigration route at least not enmasse. Generally I think at ghe end of ghe day if there is any real difference with the deal the rest of the UK get it will just be accepted that if will be something that will have to be muddled along with as another quirk between national agreements and not worth taking issue over. If anything it's likely to provide some relief to those who still want to access the EU after Brexit whilst making it not as easy a path into the UK from Eastern EU.

Offline msmob

« Reply #112 on: January 02, 2018, 01:56:09 AM »
Moby, unless your part of the UK negotiations team to the EU you won't know if the UK negotiators are weak because you won't know what is going on until after they have finished negotiating.

I see the new year has further clouded your brain (

IF you read, and absorbed what I wrote - you'd realise that what I pointed out before the vote AND after and especially after the DUP were needed to prop up the now minority govt - is that Northern Ireland's having a 'border' ( no immigration or customs ) with an EU state was always going to mean the UK had to have an open border... that's NO border controls - therefore how can one implement special duties / immigration rules on one EU state to keep the UK 'happy' ?

That clearly make the UK negotiating team 'weak' an the EU knew and knows it ..  I'm already seeing STUPID posts from 'leave' voters demanding 'border and customs controls' from N.Ireland )))  Perhaps you 'think' like them, too ?

'Sorry' - but the rest of your post was bollox - based on the FACT - that if you don't 'get' the N.I problem - and SO many still don't - you cannot be helped ..

ALL we have done is vote to leave the EU - but must obey many rules re immigration / customs, etc., without being AT the table to help set the rules...

'real smart' ..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #113 on: January 02, 2018, 11:55:30 AM »

I see the new year has further clouded your brain (

IF you read, and absorbed what I wrote - you'd realise that what I pointed out before the vote AND after and especially after the DUP were needed to prop up the now minority govt - is that Northern Ireland's having a 'border' ( no immigration or customs ) with an EU state was always going to mean the UK had to have an open border... that's NO border controls - therefore how can one implement special duties / immigration rules on one EU state to keep the UK 'happy' ?

That clearly make the UK negotiating team 'weak' an the EU knew and knows it ..  I'm already seeing STUPID posts from 'leave' voters demanding 'border and customs controls' from N.Ireland )))  Perhaps you 'think' like them, too ?

'Sorry' - but the rest of your post was bollox - based on the FACT - that if you don't 'get' the N.I problem - and SO many still don't - you cannot be helped ..

ALL we have done is vote to leave the EU - but must obey many rules re immigration / customs, etc., without being AT the table to help set the rules...

'real smart' ..

Mobe, I'm pretty sure the case will be that you will have to just show your passport when you board a ferry or plane to go to the UK mainland from Ireland/Northern Ireland. It will just not be stamped or booked onto their border control system. So in effect it will work the same as when you get on a ferry at present to go across to France, it doesn't matter that we are in the EU you still have to show your passport or you will be denied boarding.

So in effect this won't be classed as formal border control (its an indirect border control) its just there to check who you are and you are who you say you are. Each nation has always reserved the right to check a person's identity/ask for Passport ID or whatever anyplace they like within their borders at their discretion, its just that they only tend to do so if they need to for a particular reason. No I don't think there will be checks of any kind at the Northern Ireland border, at most they may just have occasional irregular spot checks to monitor the situation but essentially people will pass through freely.

Since you are aware of the Cyprus situation I think you will find it will be rather like that if not even more laid back, i.e no border official at all on the Northern Ireland border, people will just move freely back and forth.

Don't worry about being at tables, people make big on this but in reality if we are an independent nation they have to negotiate with us if they want access to our country and our markets, which they do - our economy is just to big for them to ignore. They might think of bullying one of their smaller weaker members into submission to make them back down but if they ignore us their economy would suffer too chiefly France, Germany and Poland. Both sides know that it is in their interests to get a deal done so they will do. The Tories don't want to be revisiting the EU issue again as it splits their party so they will be interested in getting a deal done so they can get away from all of that.   

By the same token they also will want to try and avoid a deal that is too far away from open borders for the whole of the UK as it will mean giving too much scope for an ongoing open borders campaign to keep banging on - an unwanted distraction many of us don't want to hear remoaning over ;D
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 12:12:41 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline msmob

« Reply #114 on: January 02, 2018, 04:08:03 PM »
Mobe, I'm pretty sure the case will be that you will have to just show your passport when you board a ferry or plane to go to the UK mainland from Ireland/Northern Ireland.

:ROFL: :ROFL:

I stopped reading after that... You just keep on posting daft ..

The current minority UK govt is being held together by... the Democratic UNIONist Party ..

IF  you think they'd accept showing passports and being subject to a customs check crossing to the mainland - you are either INSANE or DELUDED..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #115 on: January 02, 2018, 06:52:16 PM »
:ROFL: :ROFL:

I stopped reading after that... You just keep on posting daft ..

The current minority UK govt is being held together by... the Democratic UNIONist Party ..

IF  you think they'd accept showing passports and being subject to a customs check crossing to the mainland - you are either INSANE or DELUDED..

Its not just the UK government that will want it shown it will be the ferry companies and airlines as part of their company policy. They need to know who and what they are taking on board as they are responsible for the transit. So it may not be an actual border official that looks at the passport the UK gov will likely just pass that responsibility onto the ferry or airline company. They may already do so but if not this is how it is likely to be.

The DUP have to accept some reasonable working of this situation at the end of the day. The UK gov cannot have a fully open back door immigration situation and they cannot have a hard border since this would not be acceptable to the DUP or Labour. If the DUP are really after scuppering the EU Brexit deal then I think it likely that the Tories will just toss it over to Labour, agree with the majority of any amendments they wish to make and then Labour will vote it through with the Tories. Labour already voted with the Tories in the early stages of the Brexit bill so I think as long as its not too far off base Labour will vote through the final bill. My guess is that the DUP will fall into line when they see that the deal put forward to them is the only conceivable deal available and not too abhorrent to their situation. The DUP may like to make big off their situation but end of the day if push really did come to shove it would be either an end of the two year and no deal automatic Brexit with hard borders that the DUP most don't want or a general election that could see the DUP out of power and Labour in, but even they will probably accept that a fully open back door policy will not work. If the Tories come back in then they will only likely do so with a working majority in that circumstance.   

Offline msmob

« Reply #116 on: January 02, 2018, 10:40:37 PM »
Its not just the UK government that will want it shown it will be the ferry companies and airlines as part of their company policy.

Pray tell, Trench - how often do you make journeys to N.I and / or Eire  from Great Britain?  AFAIK only Ryanair insist on a passport as ID - it is not a legal requirement 

As ever, it's time you stopped posting daft and walking onto punches from folks that simply know better..

Suggest you read about the Common Travel Area  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area

You REALLY need to subscribe to Wiki  - having checked the source materials used

The DUP have to accept some reasonable working of this situation at the end of the day.

No, they don't ..The are a pro-Brexit, pro-Union party that ensures the continuation of ( the current ) HM govt ..they are the King-makers... WAKE UP and smell the coffee..the moment Theresa May needed their support .. after calling a General Election - and losing seats - rather than gaining a 'mandate' for a 'hard Brexit' - as a negotiating stance - a hard border and 'hard Brexit'  was finished....the result weakened the UK negotiators stance... This REALLY is 101 stuff...But it's'OK' - you are not alone... You have Mrs May and some of her Cabinet on your side...;)

The UK gov cannot have a fully open back door immigration situation and they cannot have a hard border since this would not be acceptable to the DUP or Labour. If the DUP are really after scuppering the EU Brexit deal then I think it likely that the Tories will just toss it over to Labour, agree with the majority of any amendments they wish to make and then Labour will vote it through with the Tories. Labour already voted with the Tories in the early stages of the Brexit bill so I think as long as its not too far off base Labour will vote through the final bill. My guess is that the DUP will fall into line when they see that the deal put forward to them is the only conceivable deal available and not too abhorrent to their situation. The DUP may like to make big off their situation but end of the day if push really did come to shove it would be either an end of the two year and no deal automatic Brexit with hard borders that the DUP most don't want or a general election that could see the DUP out of power and Labour in, but even they will probably accept that a fully open back door policy will not work. If the Tories come back in then they will only likely do so with a working majority in that circumstance.   

My 'guess' is that you simply don't have a clue...   We have already seen that the govt. can lose on key votes on Brexit - a  clear warning.. If you imagine the DUP would accept a hard border OR having a lessor status in the Union - you need a long lie down in a dark room...  You simply DO NOT understand ..They'd allow the govt to fall, first

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #117 on: January 02, 2018, 10:57:03 PM »
Pray tell, Trench - how often do you make journeys to N.I and / or Eire  from Great Britain?  AFAIK only Ryanair insist on a passport as ID - it is not a legal requirement 

As ever, it's time you stopped posting daft and walking onto punches from folks that simply know better..

Suggest you read about the Common Travel Area  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_Travel_Area

You REALLY need to subscribe to Wiki  - having checked the source materials used

No, they don't ..The are a pro-Brexit, pro-Union party that ensures the continuation of ( the current ) HM govt ..they are the King-makers... WAKE UP and smell the coffee..the moment Theresa May needed their support .. after calling a General Election - and losing seats - rather than gaining a 'mandate' for a 'hard Brexit' - as a negotiating stance - a hard border and 'hard Brexit'  was finished....the result weakened the UK negotiators stance... This REALLY is 101 stuff...But it's'OK' - you are not alone... You have Mrs May and some of her Cabinet on your side...;)

My 'guess' is that you simply don't have a clue...   We have already seen that the govt. can lose on key votes on Brexit - a  clear warning.. If you imagine the DUP would accept a hard border OR having a lessor status in the Union - you need a long lie down in a dark room...  You simply DO NOT understand ..They'd allow the govt to fall, first

Exactly or the airline or ferry will refuse you entry, it will be on the terms of your ticket. I think post Brexit they will all be like Ryanair. Amendments and even a delay of Brexit will be made to make the necessary changes and get a deal done even if it means going back to the electorate for another General Election. The DUP are only useful to the Tories if thE Tories get through what they want it is not a case of the DUP being kingmaker their ability to get the Tories to a majority in parliament only gets them so far.

Offline msmob

« Reply #118 on: January 02, 2018, 11:17:54 PM »
Exactly or the airline or ferry will refuse you entry, it will be on the terms of your ticket. I think post Brexit they will all be like Ryanair. Amendments and even a delay of Brexit will be made to make the necessary changes and get a deal done even if it means going back to the electorate for another General Election.

Ri-ight - so you didn't read about the CTA!  That was a statement - not  a question - as if you had - you'd not be posting so STUPID..  You clearly don't travel across the Irish Sea or know folk that do..

The DUP are only useful to the Tories if thE Tories get through what they want it is not a case of the DUP being kingmaker their ability to get the Tories to a majority in parliament only gets them so far.

As ever, you only confirm your stupidity..  Northern Ireland already gets more UK tax payers money re-invested per head than any other part of the UK - something Dvid Cameron even promised to even out... and here we have Mrs May undoing all that with a 1 billion Pound bribe - just to get DUP support

You'd be better reading some sensible newspaper - learning something -  rather than posting  bollox on here on your way to work ;)   

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2018, 11:30:32 AM »
Moby there's nor point remoaning, Brexit is going to happen one way or another. Politicians will sort out work arounds. They are not going to let any issue over Ireland get in the way. Remoaners seem to think there is this or that which will derail it, there isn't. The public have voted and parliament know they have to deliver. The Tories want to deliver on this to get rid off party division & the UKIP vote. Even Labour would be glad to see the back the UKIP taking votes away from them. Neither of them and the DUP can afford to not deliver on Brexit it would cause greater conflict and split the nation. You just have to accept this. In a little over a year's time you will find I was right.

Offline msmob

« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2018, 12:54:59 PM »
Moby there's nor point remoaning, Brexit is going to happen one way or another.

'Brexit' is going to be FAR less harsh and now we have no say at the table - I don't think any side can be pleased.

You just have to accept this. In a little over a year's time you will find I was right.

You're already wrong - but like every subject - from women to 'Brexit' ..you'd rather post daft and prove you won't listen or simply cannot understand ;)

Offline msmob

Re: 'Brexit' - Now even Farage wants another referendum ( may be ) !
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2018, 05:21:05 AM »
Well, Farage (may be, just may be) wants another referendum ...and why not...?

We can ask if :

Do you want to leave the EU?

Do you want to leave the single market ?

He's not sure as ( may be - just may be - he'll lose this time ?

http://www.facebook.com/C5News/videos/10160013176070422/

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Re: 'Brexit' - Now even Farage wants another referendum ( may be ) !
« Reply #122 on: January 17, 2018, 05:11:03 PM »
Well, Farage (may be, just may be) wants another referendum ...and why not...?

We can ask if :

Do you want to leave the EU?

Do you want to leave the single market ?

He's not sure as ( may be - just may be - he'll lose this time ?

http://www.facebook.com/C5News/videos/10160013176070422/

"Do you want to leave the EU?" - This question has been asked and the response was 'yes we want to leave' so would be undemocratic to ask this again until after we have left and some time has passed to see the affect of being an independent nation again.

"Do you want to leave the single market ?" - This is a question for the politicians to thrash out, its why we elect them. Not just UK politicians but EU politicians. What is we said we did not but most of the politicians in UK Parliament wanted to stay, it would be a hell of a mess. What if we said we did but the EU said we could not, another mess.

Situation is Mobe that the implications of Brexit was talked to death by all the politicians before the referendum on both sides and even from the EU. It should have been apparent to all those that could be bothered to listen that voting to Leave was likely to mean leaving the Single Market as well. It was one of the arguments the Remain camp had to not leaving the EU. There was no firm commitment from the Leave camp to Free Trade or Tarriffs with the EU since it would not be able to be established until negotiations took place anyway but the Leave camp acknowledged voting Leave would likely entail leaving the Single Market and we still won the referendum with everyone being told this.

More recent news with the EU Withdrawal Bill being passed by the House of Commons on its third reading earlier on the battle is all but won. It now looks inevitable that it now won't be long before it becomes law and the stage is set to leave the EU deal or no deal :) Over to you for one last remoan Mobers ;D   

Offline JayH

« Reply #123 on: January 17, 2018, 06:51:06 PM »
  I note that PM May has created a new portfolio for Trenchcoat ! :tmi: :cluebat: :popcorn:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #124 on: January 18, 2018, 02:55:55 AM »
Some folks are posting that UK PLC is such an important market that their stakeholders can't afford to lose the UK market ... that the EU ill be 'put under pressure'

I saw this in a place where reasoned ripostes never see the light of day

Response:

'UK PLC' relies more on the EU than the EU needs UK PLC ...  this is simple stuff - but eludes the deluded, ignorant or those just not applying their thinking hats or spending too much time in the company of fellow 'economic scholars' that just won't / won't / don't see it.

Clue: 'UK PLC' is in a trade club ( EU ) and part of it borders that club and promises have already been made that there'll be no border .... 

No border means no Customs, no immigration - like now... 

Bearing in mind the UK govt relies on 12 N.Ireland MPs to STAY in govt - I'm reading some insane stuff from 'experts' ...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1396
Most Online Ever: 12701