It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: How would you play this??) single american guy at Russian university  (Read 8480 times)

Offline rugster

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hi,

This might be the wrong forum, but you're mostly foreign guys with an interest in Russian women, so I'll value your comments)

I am a single American guy at a university in Russia. I am older than most of the other students (40), and so am conscious of not being 'that creepy guy', but at the same time sometimes feel like I'm surrounded by little boys in the gym here))

The girls are gorgeous, of course, and in some ways this seems too good to be true. However, other times they are just rude as hell (for example not even acknowledging you when they get the same elevator!) and I think fuck 'em, I'll just go and meet some girls in town.

How would you play it?

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
Re: How would you play this??) single american guy at Russian university
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 01:58:10 AM »
The girls are gorgeous, of course, and in some ways this seems too good to be true. However, other times they are just rude as hell (for example not even acknowledging you when they get the same elevator!) and I think fuck 'em, I'll just go and meet some girls in town.

Welcome rugster!

They're not rude, greeting strangers just generally isn't part of the culture. Some will, most won't.
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline Davo2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 02:02:32 AM »
Welcome .....
I don't have much to offer, but youtube have lots of PUA videos of guys being successful and also failing when breaking the ice with Russian women... You might find it interesting.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:05:57 AM by Davo2 »

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 04:07:53 AM »
Are you a student taking Russian language classes or doing an actual program? 

If you look your age at 40 then it's probably wise to avoid pursuing the early 20's girls.

I would say find some women closer to your age.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:27:34 AM »
Welcome Rugster  :) You and me are about the same age so I know where you are coming from. Some young girls will go for older guys for various reasons. An odd few prefer the looks of older guys (hardly any though) some will see it as a bit of a fun, some will see you as a sugar daddy and want you to buy stuff (yes I know at our age already, lol), some will see you as a father figure, some will see you as stable and capable of supporting family, etc.

That said most will not be interested or not even see you as being of their age group to consider you. Be very careful not to make a fool of yourself you don't want to be the guy where everyone chuckles when he enters the lecture theatre - that kind of past it guy who is not in touch with reality and hitting on young student chicks randomly.

I would just engage the young student girls in conversation either academic or everyday living conversation. Find out what their personality is like first and how they respond to you. Try not to make it look like you are chatting them up but more like just a friendly guy. Determine what sort if person they are and whether you would fit in with them, i.E party girl, study girl, into you or just being friendly.

It's easy to be misled into seeing a hot young student girl and wanting to bone her. You have to understand though that nearly all people at 40 will look in some respect 40 and a 40 year old can look very old to a girl in her late teens/early twenties, even mid-late twenties. Even if you are not greying, hair loss, haggard looking. So be mindful that you may come across as that strange mature student guy if you do not get it right. Key is I think is to really get to know them first and judge if any seem sincere in their disposition towards you and are not 'having you on for a laugh with their mates behind your back'.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 07:51:21 AM »
The love doctor has spoken.

Trench, you should never dole out advice or opinions. I hate to join the chorus of critics here but you ruin every thread you post in.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 08:32:29 AM »
The love doctor has spoken.

Trench, you should never dole out advice or opinions. I hate to join the chorus of critics here but you ruin every thread you post in.

What the hell is wrong with anything I have said here? Chances are if I did not say it someone else would have said similar and no one would say it was anything wrong with it.

You criticise me Wall but are you still moping after your fallout from your last relationship in Nikolaev or are you doing something to get back to the game?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 08:54:09 AM »
Welcome .....
I don't have much to offer, but youtube have lots of PUA videos of guys being successful and also failing when breaking the ice with Russian women... You might find it interesting.

Interesting to see Davo, think the guy crucified it, particularly around 4.24, watch out for subtle questions from the Russian girls - when she asked him if he normally goes up to girls like this he identified himself as a 'player' - a big negative with many Russian girls. Her complimenting on his honesty was just her acknowledging that thanks for letting me know you aren't suitable. I think he talked way too much to his disadvantage, he should have let her speak more though perhaps he was nervous. Her body language was often closed off to him & defensive with arms folded. I think she probably gave her number to get rid of him in the end, she didn't look at all enthusiastic to get with him. That's my thoughts on the vid anyway.

Offline wallm

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 08:57:32 AM »
What the hell is wrong with anything I have said here? Chances are if I did not say it someone else would have said similar and no one would say it was anything wrong with it.

You criticise me Wall but are you still moping after your fallout from your last relationship in Nikolaev or are you doing something to get back to the game?

I am now engaged to my sweetie Anne. We are getting married in the Spring.

Get off this forum. You add nothing of value with the same stupid drivel I had been reading for a year now. There is zero chance you will find a desirable woman with your thinking and total lack of confidence as a man.

On to my ignore list you go. It is brimming with Brits.

To the OP, my apologies for posting this in your thread when it has nothing to do with what you were saying.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 09:27:09 AM »
and I think fuck 'em,

Nothing unusual about that.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2018, 09:38:01 AM »
However, other times they are just rude as hell (for example not even acknowledging you when they get the same elevator!)

I had a different experience with the very young women in FSU including teenagers; but I was never trying to romance them, as I had lower age limit of mid to late 30s.

Anyway, on countless occasions I would go to McDonalds and similar FSU based places and find that no table was completely unoccupied.  So I would just walk up to a table having one or more women (yes I preferred women) at it and just point to an empty seat.  I was never once turned away.  Then I would say 'thank you' and some other simple words.

Invariably, they would ask me something in English (after having heard my English) and we would have a pleasant conversation for 10-30 minutes.  On some occasions, these young women would want to take me for a walk to show me something, etc.  Later, I corresponded with a couple of them for several years, giving advice about jobs, USA, etc.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2018, 09:49:05 AM »
I am now engaged to my sweetie Anne. We are getting married in the Spring.

Is she a FSW or a local girl?

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 11:16:49 AM »
Welcome .....

Interesting to see Davo, think the guy crucified it, particularly around 4.24, watch out for subtle questions from the Russian girls - when she asked him if he normally goes up to girls like this he identified himself as a 'player' - a big negative with many Russian girls. Her complimenting on his honesty was just her acknowledging that thanks for letting me know you aren't suitable. I think he talked way too much to his disadvantage, he should have let her speak more though perhaps he was nervous. Her body language was often closed off to him & defensive with arms folded. I think she probably gave her number to get rid of him in the end, she didn't look at all enthusiastic to get with him. That's my thoughts on the vid anyway.

That's what you call doing the first step right but failing steps two, three, four and the rest. It was pretty obvious to me the guy didn't appear to be serious enough about the girl in the conversation. Not sure if the women can intuitively sense it too, perhaps so as well.

His body language also sucks. Putting hands in the pockets is usually a no-no as well. So is looking at your phone, when it wasn't necessary. It usually implies the person has something to hide.

I believe there is a fine line between trying to make conversations light by playing with jokes or stereotypes and just sounding like an outright disrespectful and prejudiced guy on the street.

But yes he's probably disqualified himself as marriage material, unless, the woman likes these sort of non-committal playboys. Yes these women do exist, even in Russia or other parts of the FSU :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:24:56 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2018, 11:28:16 AM »
Yep you're right Kyn there were several points in there that he was truely awful. The stripping off bit and stereotype stuff along with the already mentioned player stuff were real low points. What's more I think the guy was none the wiser as to his faux pas. No wonder the girl took the call says everything about how little she felt about him after that. What's worse he puts himself forward as a coach to coach other guys, even I don't do that ;)

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2018, 12:57:33 PM »
Hi,

This might be the wrong forum, but you're mostly foreign guys with an interest in Russian women, so I'll value your comments)

I am a single American guy at a university in Russia. I am older than most of the other students (40), and so am conscious of not being 'that creepy guy', but at the same time sometimes feel like I'm surrounded by little boys in the gym here))

How would you play it?

Play what? You have 5-6 thoughts blazing through your post. You wanna fuck the rude gals in the elevator you're in? You want to go to town and meet women? You wanna avoid looking like a creepy old American when you're surrounded by little boys?
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 01:46:09 PM »
Welcome, rugster

Sorry about some of the responses being 'direct' .... 

I'd suggest you are yourself and polite -  regardless of other folks behaviour as may be you should be regarding the place where you learn as how a professional should when at their place of work?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 03:06:29 PM »

How would you play it?

Good looking girls get lots of attention and probably are tired of guys trying to get into their pants. If they engage in conversation with a guy, the guy will probably talk their ear off and they don't want that if they're not interested in you.

I tried to talk to a gal on the street one and she turned her back on me. No big deal, just move on. There are plenty of girls out there that will talk to you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline I/O

« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 03:13:24 PM »
you should be regarding the place where you learn as how a professional should when at their place of work?
Yep, pretty much my thoughts for your age.

Play the "older professional, I'm here to increase my education" type of line which I assume is factual so not hard to play. Engage in polite conversation - who knows who she knows so to say.

The standoffishness in Russia can, at times be embarrassment due to lack of English (or whatever your language is) and not always the rudeness we from the west often initially assume.

My advice is to always err on the side of polite, do not attempt slang and use sterile ice breakers, such as "can you please tell we were ~you fill the gap~ is" in basic Russian and quickly excuse your poor Russian. You might be surprised as to the response(s)... 
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:41:29 PM by I/O »

Offline rugster

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2018, 03:53:25 PM »
Welcome Rugster  :) You and me are about the same age so I know where you are coming from.....

Thank you Trench. I think you're right on. Good advice, I appreciate it)

Offline rugster

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »
Welcome rugster!

They're not rude, greeting strangers just generally isn't part of the culture. Some will, most won't.

You're right, but I'm talking about girls who I have had a short polite conversation with before. Rude in any culture)

Offline rugster

« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 04:13:08 PM »
I had a different experience with the very young women in FSU...

That's what I'm talking about!)) Actually haven't said anything about...sometimes they're rude as hell, sometimes I feel like something of a rockstar. For example there is a kitchen here, I was making some food, as two girls where leaving I said something in English, and they came back in and excitedly/shyly started chatting. They even discussed [in Russian] whether to give their room number!))

Obviously that means nothing, but still. I read somewhere that 15% of girls prefer older guys. It is not uncommon here to see a stunner with a much older guy, and whilst Trench is right in many ways, there are 6000 girls here on campus, and even if we say 10% of them would consider a much older guy, that's 600. If we say that even only 10% of those are available and everything else, that's 60 beautiful sexy young girls.

I can work with those numbers) I just don't want to have to alienate 6000 girls and destroy may reputation to get there))

I think Trench answered the question, and actually that is pretty much what I have been doing. However, it's slow work, and I will be luck to meet one of the 10 of 10 that way)   

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 04:25:04 PM »
You're right, but I'm talking about girls who I have had a short polite conversation with before. Rude in any culture)

They probably didn't read much into it. Hot girls probably get chatted to a lot by all different guys. Possibly they might be unsure if your the same guy if they haven't seen a lot of you. If you wear different stuff etc to someone who has just met you once may not be that familiar with you. Also they may still regard you as a stranger after just one conversation so still formal in outlook. In the UK it is very usual for no one to talk to each other on the elevator unless they know each other well usually on a long running informal basis. It's a kind of unwritten elevator rule where everyone stands in silence avoiding eye contact, happens on the underground too, lol.

Also to state the obvious I would look at the free online dating sites for the FSU as if you are out there already this is likely to be the easiest way to meet women. Some say Tinder is also good out there and better than in the west.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:57:06 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline msmob

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 09:18:51 PM »

Thank you Trench. I think you're right on. Good advice, I appreciate it)

You just entered the twilight zone, rugster... 

Trench is the go to guy for advice on FSU women -  he puts a lot of thought into this game and has oodles of experience

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 11:05:58 PM »
What's worse he puts himself forward as a coach to coach other guys, even I don't do that ;)

So you're saying you're an expert at picking up women now?  :o

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 01:44:16 AM »
... and I think fuck 'em, I'll just go and meet some girls in town.

How would you play it?

To be honest it seems to me you're seeking advice at the wrong forum. The forum points on LTR topics, and your interests are better addressed at Roosh V forum.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1982
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1975
Total: 1985

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM