It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance  (Read 25079 times)

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Miscellaneous Issues of Little Importance
« Reply #175 on: August 19, 2018, 06:19:36 AM »
So, you wouldn't have a problem with a 'People's Vote - rather than just a parliamentary vote on the conditions of any deal / no deal with the EU ?
You keep banging on about this. The votes done. Learn to live with it.
In msmob world democracy is vote and vote again till you get the result you want.

Ah, so you ARE scared of a 'People's vote ? ..
Amazing, how you jump to these conclusions.

Offline Bee Farmer

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2018, 09:36:15 AM »

she and I have MAJOR disagreements over how she treats people she feels "are lesser"
she and her little pack of "mean girls" terrorize her high school
when I was high school age, I used to live in total dread of girls like this
and to find my daughter has become one
has been disappointing to me
but she's only 17 and is the most spoiled, self entitled creature on this earth with an over inflated sense of self worth
I'm sure that will change when she leaves home and has to make her way in the world like everyone else

She acts that way because you taught her to act that way.
Parents have no room to complain about bad behavior by their kids when they taught their kids that bad behavior.
It is a parent's responsibility to teach their kids proper social values like respect and kindness towards others. (If a child is not properly socialized by age 4, they almost always exhibit antisocial behavior for life.  And one of the best ways to socialize kids is rough and tumble play.)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2018, 09:41:12 AM »

Prolonging the Syrian conflict helped Putin learn something. If Putin promotes more conflict in the Middle East or Eastern Europe to create another flood of refugees, he will weaken the economies of the EU and continue to crack the alliance.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2018, 09:47:07 AM »
She acts that way because you taught her to act that way.
Parents have no room to complain about bad behavior by their kids when they taught their kids that bad behavior.

It is a parent's responsibility to teach their kids proper social values like respect and kindness towards others. (If a child is not properly socialized by age 4, they almost always exhibit antisocial behavior for life.  And one of the best ways to socialize kids is rough and tumble play.)

Your post is by someone who has never raised children.  All theory, no experience.

Children will do all sorts of stupid things.  Some of them can be changed with parental guidance.  Others can't be.  One thing you learn quickly when you have children is that they have unique personalities right from birth. 

Our daughter never had rough and tumble play.  Yet I can state, unequivocally, that she is one of the most empathetic people you could ever meet. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2018, 10:41:42 AM »
“She acts that way because you taught her to act that way."

possibly indirectly, as in I spoiled my daughter too much, and as a result she has a highly overdeveloped self-regard
when your father puts you on a pedestal, you tend to think of yourself as a god, and not a mere mortal

“It is a parent's responsibility to teach their kids proper social values like respect and kindness towards others.”

yes, and this same child created a fund raiser when she was 10 to raise money for the kids in her school who couldn’t afford school supplies, and the same girl, also protects vulnerable kids from bullies, she just won’t socialize with them

you would be surprised at what goes on with kids in schools these days!!!!  :o
I AM SHOCKED BY WHAT I EXPERIENCE AND HOW TOXIC “TEEN CULTURE” IS TODAY, I MEAN REALLY, REALLY SHOCKED!!!!

my daughter spends more time in this culture than she does at home, I have to often remind her to not bring school behavior back home with her
but even if this behavior is not expressed, it’s internalized
she considers the mean girls her peers, beautiful, wealthy parents, privileged, but being accepted by this club has certain requirements, and she’s not mature enough YET to understand that, but I believe that when she leaves this environment (which won’t be long) she will

as BO and I have pointed out, you have ZERO experience, a book cannot capture the nuance and near infinite detail of raising teens, the most difficult job I’ve ever had

you have NO REAL KNOWEDGE of this subject
and frankly I don’t think you ever will...
you don’t know the territory, just a simple map that someone drew for you
and as I told you once before
“The map is NOT the territory”

so you pointing at a bare piece of paper with a few squiggles on it and telling Lewis and Clark they’re going in the wrong direction, is the basis for a good joke....

ummm hmmm...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:48:57 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2018, 11:43:45 AM »
Your post is by someone who has never raised children.  All theory, no experience.

Children will do all sorts of stupid things.  Some of them can be changed with parental guidance.  Others can't be.  One thing you learn quickly when you have children is that they have unique personalities right from birth. 

Our daughter never had rough and tumble play.  Yet I can state, unequivocally, that she is one of the most empathetic people you could ever meet.

You do realize that your post exhibits anti-social behavior?  Men usually exhibit anti-social behavior through physical aggression.  Instead of physical aggression, anti-social behavior in women is displayed as gossip, innuendo, and character assassination.  You are using an ad hominem attack on me for not having kids, which is irrelevant.  It is character assassination by trying to say that I have no credibility because I don't have kids.

Are you telling me you or your husband never tossed your daughter into the air, and caught her?  That neither of you ever play wrestled with your daughter?  Did you ever bounce her on your knee?  Did you ever hold her by her wrist and ankle, and spin her around like an airplane?  Did you ever roll her over doing somersaults on the couch?

These are examples of rough and tumble play.  It teaches children trust for their parents, and teaches them where play ends and pain begins.  If children don't learn these things, they exhibit anti-social behaviors.  You don't have to have children to recognize truths about it.

Being empathetic has nothing to do with being properly socialized.  Too much empathy is actually a bad thing.  Don't just take it from me - that's what psychologists say.  If your daughter is one of the most empathetic people I could ever meet, that suggests to me that your daughter is someone that I would never want to meet.

Properly socialized people are respectful of others.  Empathy has nothing to do with respect.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2018, 11:54:14 AM »
Pointing to the fact you do not have children and therefore are speaking purely from a theoretical perspective is not an attack on you.

When you have raised children to adulthood, come back and tell me I’m wrong. Your contemplations are akin to me telling you the best methods to increase honey production. Furthermore, I reject the notion that humans can be so easily categorized, that if you do A, the result will be B.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2018, 12:13:54 PM »
Kids don't come with instruction manuals.

Online krimster2

« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »
“You do realize that your post exhibits anti-social behavior?” 

I hate to say what your post exhibits...
I hate to say it, but I’ll say it anyway!

you have ONLY someone else’s explanation of reality
you have NO EXPERIENCE which is necessary to form your own explanation

so you can’t judge if someone else’s explanation is good or bad or even silly
(theories are like analogies, on contact with reality THEY ALL will “break down”)

you also can’t judge if someone else’s theory has context, you just accept it at face value and with no experience you can’t evaluate it any further
your approach is dogmatic and that requires no thought
vrs pragmatic which requires quite a bit

but I understand what you’re “really” doing here
you are repeatedly attempting (and failing every single time)
to “weaponize” your dogma to use against critics

my life is just fine thank you
instead of my life, take a long look at your own

a year from now, I’ll have my 20th anniversary
my oldest will be off to college
and you’ll “still be looking”
and still criticizing others
instead of looking in the mirror
and trying to gain an understanding of why life isn’t working for you

your issues are quite transparent to me
but I don’t feel like arguing with you about it
and I am perfectly content to let you go and fail

the frame on the video shown above is how I imagine you
and probably how a Ukrainian woman will perceive you

but of course, they’ll be the ones with “the problems” and the reason why things didn’t work out
of course of course
every cripple does his dance, and your gyrations are quite entertaining to me

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:36:50 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2018, 12:21:16 PM »
Don't sweat it Beo,  a baggage handler flew an airplane for an hour the other day,
I mean he'd played video game simulators before.

All the parents are chuckling a bit bee farmer, theory is great,and useful.
But as Beo stated children are quite  unique individuals from an extremely early age.

If you think it's *all* strickly about parental guidance please explain why in almost all multiple children families, the children are very often completely different. And yes often one black sheep lol.

Even *if* both parents were absolutely  consistant across all the kids, and generally good parenting skills.

That said,certainly a parent can reinforce bad,or good behaviours, and you see plenty of poorly adjusted kids that were a result of poor parenting or non existant parenting.

Online krimster2

« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2018, 04:52:53 PM »
Nature abhors a vacuum, “horror vacui”
and you BeeFarmer are part of the natural world
and detest it as well

your lack of experience relates to more than just raising children
it relates to your lack of experience with the rest of the world as well

and to fill the empty space inside you
you have turned to the “self-help” section on Amazon

compared to the vacuum you once had, you think the fullness Amazon has given you
feels like “Truth”
but it’s not

if you want to find the truth BeeFarmer, the one with the capital “T”
then put down the self-help books and go and live your life

if you look down at the world,
then everyone seems to be at fault
but if this is the way you choose to look at the world
then it is you who are at fault
you can’t judge someone
until you’ve walked in their shoes
and you haven’t even learned how to walk yet...
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 05:13:01 PM by krimster2 »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2018, 07:08:45 PM »
All the parents are chuckling a bit bee farmer, theory is great,and useful.
It reminds of the time I flew with my 4yo daughter on a long haul flight. Wakes up in hysterics, obviously not comfortable in new surrounds. Was difficult to settle down. The guy in front of me understandably not enjoying the screaming says, "you should control her." Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard a person mutter. Obviously never a father.

Online krimster2

« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »
i'm lucky flying with my wife and kids
i'm the one who wakes up crying

flying is always an exercise in stoicism, or should be
whenever I think the going is tough
I think what it must've been like in "the good ole days"
and what it would be like to spend a fortnight in 3rd class
on a mid 19th century steamship

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2018, 09:43:52 PM »

Very interesting video, Bee Farmer. A coincidence, too. Jordan Peterson was a hot topic of conversation with our neighbors the other day. I was looking into buying one of his new book, '12 Rules in Life'.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online krimster2

« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2018, 05:05:43 AM »
that must feel uncomfortable...

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:15:17 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2018, 05:44:43 AM »
Pointing to the fact you do not have children and therefore are speaking purely from a theoretical perspective is not an attack on you.

Actually it is Boethius, because one does not have to have children to be able to observe or understand behavior.  It is an appeal to an authority that does not exist. 

Your contemplations are akin to me telling you the best methods to increase honey production.

And they may be worth listening to.  Heck, I bet since you live in Canada that you could point out that your summer days have more hours of daylight which allows bees more hours in the day to gather nectar.

That said,certainly a parent can reinforce bad,or good behaviours, and you see plenty of poorly adjusted kids that were a result of poor parenting or non existant parenting.

Watch out Jumper, folks will say you have to have kids before you can recognize such realities.

It reminds of the time I flew with my 4yo daughter on a long haul flight. Wakes up in hysterics, obviously not comfortable in new surrounds. Was difficult to settle down. The guy in front of me understandably not enjoying the screaming says, "you should control her." Possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard a person mutter. Obviously never a father.

Nope, I have something even dumber.  What you just said, rwd.  That was extremely irresponsible parenting.

At 18-24 months, a child understands basic discipline.  By age 4, they fully understand what it means when you tell them to be quiet and stop crying, and that everyone is watching them and they are upsetting people around them.

If by age 4 you did not have your daughter socialized enough that you could tell her to be quiet and have her obey, then it was complete irresponsibility of you to even take her on the flight.  You should have left her with a relative.

I know tons and tons of parents who can make their 4 year old child stop crying and be quiet.  The child might sniffle for a few minutes, but that will be about it.  If tons of other parents can keep their 4 year old under control in public, why can't you?  (Hint: it has nothing to do with the kid, and everything to do with the parent.)

My dad said that if we didn't stop crying, he would have given us a reason to cry.

Very interesting video, Bee Farmer. A coincidence, too. Jordan Peterson was a hot topic of conversation with our neighbors the other day. I was looking into buying one of his new book, '12 Rules in Life'.

An interesting thing to note - something like 90% of the people who come to hear him speak or watch his videos are guys.  It appears that personal responsibility resonates more with guys than girls.  (Then again, that may also be because he pointed out that at the same time the #MeToo movement was gaining traction, women were also making 50 Shades of Gray the fastest selling bestseller, which shows what women are really thinking.)

Watch out for Chapter 5, GQ.  Don't let your kids do anything that makes you dislike them.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 05:47:28 AM by Bee Farmer »

Offline msmob

« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2018, 06:01:49 AM »
one does not have to have children to be able to observe or understand behavior.

Indeed, one just has to have been a parent to understand how ( mostly) risible the 'advice' those you haven't worn the t-shirt sound ...

In this case, the cap fits...

Online krimster2

« Reply #192 on: August 20, 2018, 06:58:56 AM »
msmob,

BeeFarmer is too incompetent to realize his own incompetence
he doesn’t know, how MUCH he doesn’t know
instead of coming here with humility
he comes here with hostility

you have your beautiful wife msmob, AND your beautiful CHILDREN
and I have mine,
and others on this board have theirs as well,
what does BeeFarmer have?
he has NOTHING except his illusion of superiority
and he does not WANT to understand why he has NOTHING
even though the reason is glaringly obvious to you and me and ANY woman he will meet in Ukraine
his batting average thus far in Ukraine is ".0"
and that says more about him than anything he says about anyone else

« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:04:23 AM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #193 on: August 20, 2018, 09:13:34 AM »
<snip>...An interesting thing to note - something like 90% of the people who come to hear him speak or watch his videos are guys.  It appears that personal responsibility resonates more with guys than girls.  (Then again, that may also be because he pointed out that at the same time the #MeToo movement was gaining traction, women were also making 50 Shades of Gray the fastest selling bestseller, which shows what women are really thinking.)

Watch out for Chapter 5, GQ.  Don't let your kids do anything that makes you dislike them.

It's really more than just that. He covers a lot of subject dealing with behavioral science and social dynamics. Certainly, his ascent had also garnered him his band of critics. Strangely as it may seem, this just arouses my curiosity. Then again, anything that cuts across the grain always catches my attention. The Tablet wrote an article dissecting what 'it' believes Dr. Jordan Peterson is really all about. You'd be hard pressed to read an article about someone so pestered with adjectives than this masturbatory journalistic jargon.

http://www.tabletmag.com/jewish-news-and-politics/262280/jordan-peterson

A wonderful exercise in verbosity...

FWIW, I can be a pretty good audience, but hardly a follower ready to don my blinders on just to be part of any alliance. My life is not empty. I don't latch blindlessly on popularism. I rely on my own faculties and perspectives. The rights and the wrongs are my own and always will be. I'm the owner of my life and living.

However, I do wonder at times about the dynamic of the 'what and why' in all of us. So subjective is our individuality, yet when observed from a distance, almost always are confined in groups in a much smaller divisions - usually pro/against. (Faux) Alliances made up of petty, temporary, and sometimes pretentious commonalities -  Adversarial made up of (mostly) trivialities, or even unjustified, irrelevant biasness. A crazed society where everyone craves validation, attention and justification.

You can witness this dynamic on this message board, or out in the big world. Finding comfort (sic) amongst those why agree with us, growth (sic) amongst those who do not.

He's touring. I'd like to at least get an opportunity to either read his book, or listen to him speak - with my personal conviction and instincts feelers out.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online krimster2

« Reply #194 on: August 20, 2018, 10:21:13 AM »
oh BeeFarmer!!!

“...It is an appeal to an authority that does not exist....”

therefor doubly ironic for YOU of all people, to pretend to be one!

“one does not have to have children to be able to observe or understand behavior.”

here’s a simple analogy just for YOU!

Jane Goddall, has been living among wild chimpanzee and observing their behavior for decades.
you on the other hand, once spent 5 minutes watching some in the zoo.
according to you, the knowledge you derived from your 5 minute observation, would provide you with an equal or superior understanding to Jane Goddall’s understanding, and thus would allow you to tell her “the mistakes” she has made in her understanding.

BeeFarmer, you don’t possess the skills needed to even recognize YOUR OWN failure, let alone to try and recognize what you perceive (incorrectly) as someone else’s

your poor self-awareness has led you to VASTLY overestimate your own ability, and is why you consistently view yourself as better, more capable, and more knowledgeable than others, when the Truth is the exact opposite of this!

“Watch out for Chapter 5, GQ.  Don't let your kids do anything that makes you dislike them.”

GQ doesn’t have children BeeFarmer, so it’s a rather pointless statement to make to him, unless this was some kind of “dig” against him
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:28:34 AM by krimster2 »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #195 on: August 20, 2018, 10:35:10 AM »
You know this because..? Boethius told you so, or one of her relative?  ;)  A great Peterson subject!

It's very interesting to observe how you and and your cohorts are busy telling Bee Farmer he doesn't have a life, yet you folks are here 24/7. Not sure *I'm certain* what is more telling of reality.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:45:01 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #196 on: August 20, 2018, 10:39:28 AM »
Leave me out of it.  You assume I betrayed your confidence, and I never did.

Incidentally, I happen to know Jordan Peterson, have since childhood.  The premier of the province as well.   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2018, 10:40:50 AM »

I was a child. Been there, done that. Makes me the expert on children. It's safe to say we're all experts.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

« Reply #198 on: August 20, 2018, 10:48:09 AM »
I know this solely because of my own experience and judgement...
BO and I disagree on many things, it' one of the MANY reasons why I have such high regard for her

she and I each have our own subjective truth, but because of the depth of our life experiences
and the understanding this has created within us
we can see the truth in the subjective truth that others have, and how it's part of a "bigger truth"

Offline Boethius

« Reply #199 on: August 20, 2018, 10:51:05 AM »
I really don't care if people disagree with me.  My husband disagrees with me on lots of issues.  Life would be pretty boring if we all agreed all the time.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 11:00:05 AM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1810
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1803
Total: 1813

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM