It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Raising the Flag and Saluting Approach?  (Read 19543 times)

Offline scarface816

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Raising the Flag and Saluting Approach?
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2019, 07:25:07 AM »
Billy's advice is good here. Being able to do things that a man can do is admired. I have dated a few FSU women and even the last one that did not end so well and they all told me the same thing. They admired a man that was in their words "wise" or "smart" or "could take care of things". These qualities are admired sometimes in western women but not so much.

Western women seemed to be interested in money and social circle, status, looks, and career car houses, etc. Of course, I don't believe all western women are like this or are shallow. But it does seem to be a widespread issue.

The last girl told me repeatedly that she admired how I did things, she would actually tell me that when I fixed something or installed a sink, or fixed my daughters car, or was doing my work that would make her the happiest. She told me that is what her father did. It just seemed to click with what I had to offer. Very rarely did she ever mention my looks one way or the other. And I consider myself pretty decent looking and I dress well, or so I have been told. And this did not seem to be an issue with her one way or the other.

Also she was very happy to know that I worked out and was active to be healthy, they all did. But not to look good. But just because they wanted a healthy active man.

The previous Russian woman from Moscow told me that she thought I was too skinny. I am not too skinny. I am 5'9" and weigh 165 and have a bit of a belly like most Americans. But she thought I should be bigger. lol

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2019, 11:02:43 AM »
They admired a man that was in their words "wise" or "smart" or "could take care of things". These qualities are admired sometimes in western women but not so much.

Western women live in countries that have economic prosperity, enough of it to support themselves so they don't always need a man to do things for them since they can hire somebody. I've seen profiles of Western women that say they are looking for a man with tattoos and piercings. Yes, that was some women's criteria they want in a man.

The last girl told me repeatedly that she admired how I did things, she would actually tell me that when I fixed something or installed a sink, or fixed my daughters car, or was doing my work that would make her the happiest.

I had a friend who couldn't fix anything in the house. He was struggling in his marriage and didn't know what made his wife happy. He finally realized that what made his wife happy is "Acts of Service" from a book he read about the five love languages. Those five are below. One or a few is what girls want from their man.

http://cratedwithlove.com/blog/five-love-languages-and-what-they-mean/

1: Words of Affirmation

2: Acts of Service

3: Receiving Gifts

4: Quality Time

5: Physical Touch

My wife would like a little of everything and not too much of anything except acts of service. If I told her "I love you" five times a day or hung onto her like a teenager in love, she would be turned off.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2019, 12:17:54 PM »
Western women live in countries that have economic prosperity, enough of it to support themselves so they don't always need a man to do things for them since they can hire somebody. I've seen profiles of Western women that say they are looking for a man with tattoos and piercings. Yes, that was some women's criteria they want in a man.

I had a friend who couldn't fix anything in the house. He was struggling in his marriage and didn't know what made his wife happy. He finally realized that what made his wife happy is "Acts of Service" from a book he read about the five love languages. Those five are below. One or a few is what girls want from their man.

http://cratedwithlove.com/blog/five-love-languages-and-what-they-mean/

1: Words of Affirmation

2: Acts of Service

3: Receiving Gifts

4: Quality Time

5: Physical Touch

My wife would like a little of everything and not too much of anything except acts of service. If I told her "I love you" five times a day or hung onto her like a teenager in love, she would be turned off.
Nice post, it helps me too understand why we had such a heavy bond during my marriage. Interesting.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2019, 01:25:07 PM »
Oh COME on, Pat !

Don't be fallin' for one guys book / 'mantra' for 'success .

We are all different..

MY 'adverts' said I''m NOT looking for a lady with Tats or ( multiple) piercings 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2019, 03:15:16 PM »
Billy's advice is good here. Being able to do things that a man can do is admired. I have dated a few FSU women and even the last one that did not end so well and they all told me the same thing. They admired a man that was in their words "wise" or "smart" or "could take care of things". These qualities are admired sometimes in western women but not so much.

Western women seemed to be interested in money and social circle, status, looks, and career car houses, etc. Of course, I don't believe all western women are like this or are shallow. But it does seem to be a widespread issue.

The last girl told me repeatedly that she admired how I did things, she would actually tell me that when I fixed something or installed a sink, or fixed my daughters car, or was doing my work that would make her the happiest. She told me that is what her father did. It just seemed to click with what I had to offer. Very rarely did she ever mention my looks one way or the other. And I consider myself pretty decent looking and I dress well, or so I have been told. And this did not seem to be an issue with her one way or the other.

Also she was very happy to know that I worked out and was active to be healthy, they all did. But not to look good. But just because they wanted a healthy active man.

The previous Russian woman from Moscow told me that she thought I was too skinny. I am not too skinny. I am 5'9" and weigh 165 and have a bit of a belly like most Americans. But she thought I should be bigger. lol

I think it's probably the Single Mums with kids that tend to need stuff doing around the house or mechanical stuff with there car more. I know JamesUK also found his DIY skills put to good use by a single mum.

None of the women I have met so far in the FSU have been single mums. I've not met a girl yet in the FSU yet who actually had a car. I don't think any actually owned their own appartments either so little need for a guy with DIY skills.

In fairness though I haven't met loads of girls yet. I can see how it could be deemed very valuable skills to have out there. I've got a lot of experience doing DIY stuff so no problem there, I've even put it on my profile to see if it helps.

Mechanical stuff with a car I am only very basic on but funnily enough recently just before talk of it on here have become more interested in learning more - these garages over here charge a lot and I just don't trust them to play it straight.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2019, 03:23:36 PM »
I've got a lot of experience doing DIY stuff so no problem there, I've even put it on my profile to see if it helps.

Has any woman told you she'd like to meet you and to make sure to bring your tools? I've read stories of women wanting to date a man in hopes she can get free labor to do home or car repairs.

Don't oversell yourself on your profile. Part of the fun dating is discovering each other. When a man is courting a woman, she'll let him into her life over time and one day and she'll discover if he knows how to do some or most home repairs or if he has difficultly screwing in a light bulb.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2019, 03:31:39 PM »

Indeed, you make a good point earlier Billy about how FSW view a guy with brains out that way. Here in the west a guy with brains is normally thought of as someone academic even if probably not good on DIY and mechanical car stuff. In fact anything on that front can be frowned upon these days not just by women but peer group in general. Manual/blue collar stuff be seen by today's society in the west as signifying being poor, low social status, dirty and beneath others. I personally think this is all wrong and that we are heading into big problems because of it. Too few want to do the dirty work to get stuffed built and done, it's always someone else who's expected to do it.

Funny thing is that some of that stuff pays quite well these days where it didn't 20-30 years or so ago when far more people did blue collar stuff. Because of the shortfall and of course here the housing crises being involved in these activities tend to actually potentially make a guy wealthier than the girls that look down upon him for doing such.

I personally can't stand western women that judge a guy against the criteria SF has stated but all too many seem to be like that these days, moreso the younger generation it seems. If they see a guy doing manual stuff it's a black mark against him. It's just such a snooty offhand attitude they have and I can't stand it. Normally those girls place important on material stuff, usually clothes and how everything looks to others even if they are economically poor because of it.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2019, 03:32:29 PM »

Has any woman told you she'd like to meet you and to make sure to bring your tools? I've read stories of women wanting to date a man in hopes she can get free labor to do home or car repairs.

Don't oversell yourself on your profile. Part of the fun dating is discovering each other. When a man is courting a woman, she'll let him into her life over time and one day and she'll discover if he knows how to do some or most home repairs or if he has difficultly screwing in a light bulb.

No woman has yet done that, perhaps part of it is random chance.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2019, 03:38:09 PM »

I'm 6ft and around 13.5 - 14 Stone last time I looked which is probably near to a year ago. At the moment I am wanting to gain muscle so not so much bothered about weight, since muscle weighs more than fat.

At  11 & 3/4 Stone you may be slightly on the light side though the weight charts will probably put you in the just right weight category. I think as your height is a bit less building muscle may help you look large enough to women.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2019, 07:15:08 PM »

And FSUW are not interested in these things at all.  >:D

If you didn't have a blue passport, the chance of any of these women giving you a second glance would be nil. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2019, 08:53:56 PM »
Of course, I don't believe all western women are like this or are shallow. But it does seem to be a widespread issue.

Remember that most all women think that most all men are shallow . . . because we are interested in how her face and her body looks.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2019, 11:07:19 PM »
I don’t think Krim is giving away his secrets 😁..... You’ve captured the Slavic look amazingly especially, especially the brunettes nose and lips.

The young Belarusian woman that is helping me with my business looks more like the second one, only more Slavic looking.

She is a single mom with two children and recently divorced. I met her at a Halloween party. Speaks good English. I don't know her real well but she seems nice and has a pleasant personality. And a beautiful soft voice.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 11:14:42 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2019, 03:16:34 AM »

If you didn't have a blue passport, the chance of any of these women giving you a second glance would be nil. 

I'll have a blue passport soon, Moby knows that ;D

FSW are attracted to the above too but in a slightly different way to Western Women I feel. They will accept a guy that is just able to deliver on being able to provide in general and has some go in him. Western Women get all uptight about what what a guy doing something means - is he working an 'office job' or a blue collar job - even if he is getting more money in a blue collar job she won't see it or regard it. A guy needs to be in a corporate environment wanting to work his way up the ladder even if he is in a minor low paying temporary bottom of the rung admin job or he is disregarded. What a guy wears and says is also scrutinized by Western Women to the ninth degree. Say or wear the wrong thing and that can be a major Faux Pas.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2019, 03:25:36 AM »
FSW are attracted to the above too but in a slightly different way to Western Women I feel. They will accept a guy that is just able to deliver on being able to provide in general and has some go in him. Western Women get all uptight about what what a guy doing something means - is he working an 'office job' or a blue collar job - even if he is getting more money in a blue collar job she won't see it or regard it. A guy needs to be in a corporate environment wanting to work his way up the ladder even if he is in a minor low paying temporary bottom of the rung admin job or he is disregarded. What a guy wears and says is also scrutinized by Western Women to the ninth degree. Say or wear the wrong thing and that can be a major Faux Pas.

And this is based on your extensive experience dating FSUW??

WW don't all "get uptight" about what a man does.  My cousin married her high school sweetheart.  He's blue collar - an electrician.  He still runs his company because he wants to.  Their net worth is over $100 million.  She was always a housewife.  She never looked down on him.  I think this statement about women is mostly projection on your part.

FSUW are far more judgmental than most WW about what people wear.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2019, 04:03:54 AM »
Trench,

When WILL you learn to revise your thinking about women - in general - let alone FSU ones ?

Until you do... you are going to keep on failing

Offline Davo

« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2019, 06:14:02 AM »
I'll have a blue passport soon, Moby knows that ;D

Trench, this is an honest question without malice.

When have you last been on a date with a local women to form this opinion?..... Answer truthfully,  because it’s not anything to be ashamed of if it’s been a long time or never. I have some good mates I’m the same boat. One hasn’t been on a date in 6 years since his divorce, despite putting in a great deal of time and effort to meet women.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2019, 06:31:50 AM »
Trench, this is an honest question without malice.

When have you last been on a date with a local women to form this opinion?..... Answer truthfully,  because it’s not anything to be ashamed of if it’s been a long time or never. I have some good mates I’m the same boat. One hasn’t been on a date in 6 years since his divorce, despite putting in a great deal of time and effort to meet women.
Wow six years, that shows how those western societies are dysfunctionnal and the sexual power is on women. Because a women who puts a great deal of time an effort should not wait more than one month to get her bang, even the most asocial ones.
But this anormality of course doesn't interest any tv or medias, they just get laugh of this poor stupid guys who try to pick up a FSU lady.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2019, 06:36:35 AM »
Hi Pat

I wonder if you are confusing FSU W dating habits with local guys v WM  ?

In both my ex wife's and current wife to be's case.. I was the first WM to get on a plane and visit them ...LOTS of talk and no action ..;)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2019, 06:49:09 AM »
Hi Pat

I wonder if you are confusing FSU W dating habits with local guys v WM  ?

In both my ex wife's and current wife to be's case.. I was the first WM to get on a plane and visit them ...LOTS of talk and no action .. ;)
Davo will give further explanations,
But you are right, FSU women are in actions and as i already said there are now more and more FSU women who don't even dare to communicate with foreigners. JUST if they are in the city. So yes it gives an idea of the number of men who bother them.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2019, 11:36:36 AM »
Wow six years, that shows how those western societies are dysfunctionnal and the sexual power is on women. Because a women who puts a great deal of time an effort should not wait more than one month to get her bang, even the most asocial ones.
But this anormality of course doesn't interest any tv or medias, they just get laugh of this poor stupid guys who try to pick up a FSU lady.

I am laughing at your comment, given you are currently in a country with a far more dysfunctional society (like, 100% more) than any Western country I can think of.

The difference in the West, is that many women don't need a man to survive, economically.  Typically, a woman who has been badly hurt in a past relationship will not risk that again.  That's usually why they don't date.  To a lesser degree, they can't find men of quality.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2019, 11:59:15 AM »
as ye judge...
so are ye ALSO judged...

so when you are weighed and measured by a woman’s gaze
do not be found wanting...

but appearance is ONLY the first step...
you have to overcome resistance...
I have learned it is better to PULL
than to PUSH...
to properly arouse a woman
you must first arouse her curiosity about you...

so you MUST be someone who is NOT ORDINARY!
and attract her attention while also appearing like you’re NOT trying to...
multiple ways of doing this, but they all require a BIG budget...
and RWD is after all a “budget conscious” travel blog....
so my advice would be pretty useless here....

yalky palky!

Offline scarface816

« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2019, 01:39:26 PM »

You really think the only interest is my passport? What does me having a blue passport do for them? How does my passport benefit them?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2019, 02:02:22 PM »
Compare the standard of living of the average Ukrainian to the standard of living of the average American.  Then come back and tell me it doesn't matter.

Offline scarface816

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2019, 02:27:53 PM »
I didn't say it doesn't matter. You said that. I asked you how does it benefit them? What do they plan to do with my passport?

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2019, 02:30:49 PM »

I am laughing at your comment, given you are currently in a country with a far more dysfunctional society (like, 100% more) than any Western country I can think of.

The difference in the West, is that many women don't need a man to survive, economically.  Typically, a woman who has been badly hurt in a past relationship will not risk that again.  That's usually why they don't date.  To a lesser degree, they can't find men of quality.

The problem is not that they are dysfunctional in proportion,  but the problem comes from different things.

So what you explain by an economical reason i explain it by a repression towards men which tends to emasculate them. More and more after year. And that's also about a sexual repression.

And as this society is emasculating them, in their ego, by the law in the family court and in the penal law, as fathers, as keeper of the house, (described quite well by a female american psychologue who names this chapter men in a basement), in the universities

THEN women would get MORE and MORE bad DATES.More and more and more ONS, less and less respect.
More and more shallow men.

How much you treat men and how much you help this society to cut them off in pieces and more their internal level pain will increase with all the consequences expected.
Is this to difficult to understand that this world is also mainly imploding in the more nuclear party of the society : the couple, the family, because no men could feel any security as a man and citizen when things start to be tough.

That's simple : in South Africa, after Mendela was elected many asked revenge and for good reasons. THe president put all his efforts to keep the peace between blacks and white, it's not perfect but globally it has worked.

What we see in a very insidious way is an intimate destruction of the men with nothing really good in return
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 02:49:18 PM by Patagonie »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1973
Total: 1983

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM