It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello from Georgia U.S.A.  (Read 19005 times)

Offline bookooc

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello from Georgia U.S.A.
« on: July 19, 2017, 04:41:10 PM »

Hello everyone. long-time lurker here.
I have been a member for 10 years, this is my first post. I have been communicating with women from the FSU during this time, and I am finally doing something about it.

I have learned a lot over the years by reading the advice offered by guys like 2tallBill.
I agree with most of what he says. He succeed after all. And is living a great life with a wonderful wife and family.
He is at one end of the spectrum, there are others whom I think have no business trying to establish a relationship with a FSU woman.
They seem to have no clue about ANY woman, let alone one from the FSU. I have learned a lot from them as well, as they have confirmed my instincts on what NOT to do.

>:D  See, this is why I haven't posted before, and have had to "bite my tongue" when reading some of the immature ranting, childish bickering, willy waving, and $50K bets that are nothing more than pissing contests.

Sorry, this is supposed to be about me, but I am just explaining why I have been silent all this time. If you don't have something nice to say...

Now that I have pissed off those people...well, they need to get over it. It's true.

Anyway, I have been communicating with a lovely woman in her late '30's for almost 5 years. She has a 13 year old daughter. I met her on one of the pay sites. I am much older. She wrote me first. I have talked about the age difference so often that she now gets mad at me. She politely tells me to get over it.
Why so long? She wasn't the first I thought I had serious relationship brewing with. So I was cautious. I had the doubts most of you have and having had a painful divorce, well, you get the picture. Then after about a year she disappeared when I was making plans to go see her.
Almost a year later, she was back and very apologetic.
She had an auto accident that resulted in a pedestrian being killed. He was drunk and walked out in front of her car. She was traumatized.
Since then we have written everyday. But i never made the trip, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I also had a lot going on with my job, I was divorced after 17 years of marriage in 2001, I have a now 27 year old son.
Now I am I 55+ and I realize I am not getting any younger and all I do is work.  She has never asked me for anything, even now when she just lost her job. It's not easy in Cherkasy. She tells me about the rampant inflation, and how hard it is for pensioners, prices go up on food 50% several times a month. She is a college grad and has managed many different businesses. She and her daughter now live in her parents flat. Her parents live most of the spring and summer in the village with grandparents, growing food. She often has to go and be a 'potato slave'. A typical family in Ukraine. I ask her how she will survive without help, she says don't worry, she will find work, it is normal. She won't take my help.

She is easily the most kind, caring and sensitive woman I have ever met. And funny. Model beautiful. 
She has never pressured me about anything, but she does want me to come and see her of course. And she wants me to come there, not Kiev or on some vacation. She doesn't want me to take her shopping. There is a certain young man whose name starts with a T that should take notice of this. She wants me to meet all her family, they all know about me and ask about me all the time. Her daughter loves my dog already. 
The only thing I have sent her is flowers and candy on holidays and birthdays. I wish I had gone 5 years ago when her adorable daughter was younger. I tremble thinking about the possibility of raising a teenage daughter.  I thought I had dodged that bullet.    :)

I plan to fly there in early December.

She doesn't have a laptop, it was stolen. She can't afford another one. She borrows a neighbors to write me (everyday). She doesn't have a smartphone, so she can't use the Skype app on her phone.
I bought a Skype subscription to call her mobile, and have failed miserably at this.

The number appears to be correct, but I always get message in Russian/ Ukrainian saying 'the subscriber is not available to take your call'.

Very frustrating. She says she is not seeing any calls from me. She went to the mobile company and they say it should work.
Skype dials 380-50-058-xxxx
Any advice?

I thought I read that someone was from Cherkasy here on the forum. I would love advice on getting there from Kiev. I understand my options are rental car, train, or bus. I have heard about ride sharing as well.  My lady has already sent me the names of the few hotels there, and I have of course been checking them out online and apartments on Airbnb and booking.com. She has also volunteered to check them out for me. She has already told me some of the rents "sound high". LOL She is very frugal. She says she will make the deals for me if I want.
Before she had to move back in with her parents, she wanted me to come stay with her in her flat. But of course I declined, saying I should at least give her a few days to change her mind after meeting me. That would be awkward.

Ok, I have rambled on long enough. 10 years coming out in one post.

I welcome all advice (well most of it).

Rick
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 05:08:52 PM by bookooc »

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Hello from Georgia U.S.A.
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 05:05:40 PM »
You've waited long enough.   Just do it!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline bookooc

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 05:10:06 PM »
Yes you are correct. Just tracking fares prices at this point.
thanks

Offline southernX

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 05:26:53 PM »
you are alucky bloke if she has waited for 5 years,

however all else you have written sounds positive , so again , get out to meet her and get on with this next part of the adventure asap

good luck

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline jone

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2017, 06:22:28 PM »
Yes you are correct. Just tracking fares prices at this point.
thanks

No.  No tracking fares.  No deciding now, in July, that you'll go in December.  Get your butt on a plane.  Now.  Go for a long weekend if you can't take time off. 

These women like/need a man of action.  Everything depends on the chemistry of your meet.  Until you are in her presence, your relationship is mental masturbation.  And waiting another four months is something I cannot comprehend. 

What it seems you cannot comprehend is that until she has a relationship with you, she is too proud to accept any gratuity.  And God knows, she needs it.  If you want to be her 'Real Man' you would go over there, establish the relationship and help her family.  Be her family.

Let me phrase it differently:  If your future wife and step daughter are over there starving, and you are sitting there watching fares go up and down on the internet, waiting for the best fare, I can tell you that you are nowhere near the man you need to be.

You may be over 55 but you are still young enough to get a kick in the ass.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline bookooc

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 06:52:59 PM »
No.  No tracking fares.  No deciding now, in July, that you'll go in December.  Get your butt on a plane.  Now.  Go for a long weekend if you can't take time off. 

These women like/need a man of action.  Everything depends on the chemistry of your meet.  Until you are in her presence, your relationship is mental masturbation.  And waiting another four months is something I cannot comprehend. 

What it seems you cannot comprehend is that until she has a relationship with you, she is too proud to accept any gratuity.  And God knows, she needs it.  If you want to be her 'Real Man' you would go over there, establish the relationship and help her family.  Be her family.

Let me phrase it differently:  If your future wife and step daughter are over there starving, and you are sitting there watching fares go up and down on the internet, waiting for the best fare, I can tell you that you are nowhere near the man you need to be.

You may be over 55 but you are still young enough to get a kick in the ass.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and advice.

jone, don't misunderstand, I am not waiting until the end of the year because I am worried about the price of the fare. That is not dictating when I go. I cannot go until the end of the year as my job requires I work 6 days a week until a week before Thanksgiving. The company I support, (I am in IT) works all summer installing hardware to get ready for the U.S. holidays. The 2 months they make 60 percent of their gross sales. So I am not able to take off the 10-14 days I want to spend with her until then. It's just not possible. She knows this, and is excited that I may be there for Christmas. I am just working out the details at this point.
Also, she is not starving, she has the support of all her family. But you are right that I do need to get over there and support her also.

Thanks for the advice and the virtual kick in the ass. A little ass-kicking never hurt anyone.

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 07:11:07 PM »
I have written many times that I subscribe to the first meet being a long weekend.  It gives you a chance to get over the willies and familiar with the territory.  It also allows the most critical decision of everything:  Is there chemistry?  The investment is not too high if you are pursuing a WOVO.

Cherkasy to Kyiv is 99 miles.  I would be willing to bet that you are not so indispensable that you cannot be gone from Wednesday night through Monday morning.  That is three days of work being gone.  Get a car or a bus to get you down to her town and make the fricking grand gesture. 

Every guy (or woman) who is reading this will scratch their head at you waiting for five years to spend time with her.  In my eyes, you have failed her.  So I don't subscribe to anyone saying that they cannot wedge free 3 days when working 6 days a week.  Especially with your abject failure to this point in time in getting on a plane.

Now, you can justify to yourself that you have no time off until December.  But if I were a woman and heard that from you, I would paint a big fat L on your forehead.  Either that, or her expectations for a man are so low that she sees you as desirable. 

Be a man.  Talk to your employer.  Take three days off and go and meet this woman.  Find out if she is the one.  Fly there now.  Then, if she is who you hope she is, you can check fares for December. 

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:59 PM »
I have been a member for 10 years, this is my first post. I have been communicating with women from the FSU during this time, and I am finally doing something about it.

:welcome:, Rick!

Be a man.  Talk to your employer.  Take three days off and go and meet this woman.  Find out if she is the one.  Fly there now.  Then, if she is who you hope she is, you can check fares for December.

I agree with jone.  I mean, how would your company cope if you were sick for a few days, or had an accident and ended up in hospital?  Answer: of course they would cope, even if they didn't totally cover your workload.  Same if you take three days' leave now.  Believe me, we understand the pressure in this sort of employment situation, but you still need time to recharge your batteries.  Does every single person in your company work non-stop with no sick days?

Meantime, I'm frankly amazed that she has waited for five years for a first meeting, no matter how well you click online.

Offline JayH

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 07:56:11 PM »

I have written many times that I subscribe to the first meet being a long weekend.  It gives you a chance to get over the willies and familiar with the territory.  It also allows the most critical decision of everything:  Is there chemistry?  The investment is not too high if you are pursuing a WOVO.

Cherkasy to Kyiv is 99 miles.  I would be willing to bet that you are not so indispensable that you cannot be gone from Wednesday night through Monday morning.  That is three days of work being gone.  Get a car or a bus to get you down to her town and make the fricking grand gesture. 

Every guy (or woman) who is reading this will scratch their head at you waiting for five years to spend time with her.  In my eyes, you have failed her.  So I don't subscribe to anyone saying that they cannot wedge free 3 days when working 6 days a week.  Especially with your abject failure to this point in time in getting on a plane.

Now, you can justify to yourself that you have no time off until December.  But if I were a woman and heard that from you, I would paint a big fat L on your forehead.  Either that, or her expectations for a man are so low that she sees you as desirable. 

I just did  a few  flight checks from Atlanta to Kyiv     -- on quick random look -- $750   to $950 and 14-16 hours --based on  4 days over a weekend in high season.

That is nothing in the context of this search( if that hurts financially-- stop now !) -- and the total  travel time is incredibly good .

On being there only a few days -- as Jon said --it is enough -- both at first meeting-- and to then develop a long distance real relationship .
There are numerous ways to get from the airport -- and it is a good road -- so easy in Ukraine terms . I can give excellent hotel recommendation -- as good as it gets and up to any standard .
So-there are the logistic problems solved !

I also agree with the tenor of Jon's comments here.

One last point -- I would avoid Christmas/New Year for first meeting .
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:59:25 PM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 08:37:53 PM »
Anyway, I have been communicating with a lovely woman in her late '30's for almost 5 years. She has a 13 year old daughter. I met her on one of the pay sites. I am much older. She wrote me first. I have talked about the age difference so often that she now gets mad at me. She politely tells me to get over it.
Why so long? She wasn't the first I thought I had serious relationship brewing with. So I was cautious. I had the doubts most of you have and having had a painful divorce, well, you get the picture. Then after about a year she disappeared when I was making plans to go see her.

5 years is a long time for a woman or even a man to wait. Don't think you're special. If she had a man of action come along earlier, you wouldn't be here today.

You've talked about the age difference like a broken record. I understand why she's mad. You haven't accepted the fact she's comfortable with it so you bring up the issue as if it still is an issue. Many people don't get it. Why ask why when a young woman chooses an older guy. Men chase women, women choose the man.

Get over your divorce. Quit letting it control your life in any negative way.

You're 55. You should be mature enough to not let things bother you and you should know what you want.

When you visit her and verify she's a winner, get on the fast track to bring her on over. Don't wait to get involved with a good thing(her). Don't ever bring up the age issue again. Don't bring up your divorce or use it as an excuse for a lack of performance on your part. Don't take it as criticism. This advice will help throughout a relationship with the woman.

Welcome to the forum Rick. Lived in Georgia myself. Ft Benning and Ft. Stewart.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 10:31:04 PM »
Rick,

..and these are the replies from the guys you didn't 'piss off' ;)

Welcome to the interactive phase of your membership

Offline jone

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2017, 10:41:35 PM »
As you can guess, I chose to be the hard ass on the forum in dealing with your situation.  But now, upon reading some of the more tactful responses from some of the other members, you may reflect on why I am so hard on you. 

So, I will tell you.  I treated you as I would treat a good friend that is f'ng up his life.  Strong words.  They are not meant to intimidate you, but to help you understand that you are screwing the pooch.  You write that she cannot Skype you and that she has no laptop.  And then you write in a follow-up post that she'll get by.

This is rationalization, plain and simple. 

How you come through for this woman (or any woman) is a challenge to you.  You are at a watershed in your life.  This very well could be the defining moment of happiness for the rest of your time on this earth.  And you came here asking for advice.  All given here is sincere and straightforward.  We all tell you the same thing.  I am just a little more outspoken.

So I will say it again in a different, more tactful way.  This opportunity could very well be the one opportunity in your life for happiness.  I can tell you, from personal experience, that not doing everything in your power to make it come true diminishes your chances. 

As Bill would say:  "Udachi!"

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2017, 12:11:25 AM »

I have learned a lot over the years by reading the advice offered by guys like 2tallBill.
I agree with most of what he says. He succeed after all. And is living a great life with a wonderful wife and family.
He is at one end of the spectrum, there are others whom I think have no business trying to establish a relationship with a FSU woman.
They seem to have no clue about ANY woman, let alone one from the FSU. I have learned a lot from them as well, as they have confirmed my instincts on what NOT to do.

>:D  See, this is why I haven't posted before, and have had to "bite my tongue" when reading some of the immature ranting, childish bickering, willy waving, and $50K bets that are nothing more than pissing contests.

Sorry, this is supposed to be about me, but I am just explaining why I have been silent all this time. If you don't have something nice to say...

Now that I have pissed off those people...well, they need to get over it. It's true.

Almost a year later, she was back and very apologetic.
She had an auto accident that resulted in a pedestrian being killed. He was drunk and walked out in front of her car. She was traumatized.
Since then we have written everyday. But i never made the trip, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I also had a lot going on with my job, I was divorced after 17 years of marriage in 2001, I have a now 27 year old son.
Now I am I 55+ and I realize I am not getting any younger and all I do is work.  She has never asked me for anything, even now when she just lost her job. It's not easy in Cherkasy. She tells me about the rampant inflation, and how hard it is for pensioners, prices go up on food 50% several times a month. She is a college grad and has managed many different businesses. She and her daughter now live in her parents flat. Her parents live most of the spring and summer in the village with grandparents, growing food. She often has to go and be a 'potato slave'. A typical family in Ukraine. I ask her how she will survive without help, she says don't worry, she will find work, it is normal. She won't take my help.

She is easily the most kind, caring and sensitive woman I have ever met. And funny. Model beautiful. 
She has never pressured me about anything, but she does want me to come and see her of course. And she wants me to come there, not Kiev or on some vacation. She doesn't want me to take her shopping. There is a certain young man whose name starts with a T that should take notice of this. She wants me to meet all her family, they all know about me and ask about me all the time. Her daughter loves my dog already. 
The only thing I have sent her is flowers and candy on holidays and birthdays. I wish I had gone 5 years ago when her adorable daughter was younger. I tremble thinking about the possibility of raising a teenage daughter.  I thought I had dodged that bullet.    :)

I plan to fly there in early December.

She doesn't have a laptop, it was stolen. She can't afford another one. She borrows a neighbors to write me (everyday). She doesn't have a smartphone, so she can't use the Skype app on her phone.
I bought a Skype subscription to call her mobile, and have failed miserably at this.

The number appears to be correct, but I always get message in Russian/ Ukrainian saying 'the subscriber is not available to take your call'.

Very frustrating. She says she is not seeing any calls from me. She went to the mobile company and they say it should work.
Skype dials 380-50-058-xxxx
Any advice?

I thought I read that someone was from Cherkasy here on the forum. I would love advice on getting there from Kiev. I understand my options are rental car, train, or bus. I have heard about ride sharing as well.  My lady has already sent me the names of the few hotels there, and I have of course been checking them out online and apartments on Airbnb and booking.com. She has also volunteered to check them out for me. She has already told me some of the rents "sound high". LOL She is very frugal. She says she will make the deals for me if I want.
Before she had to move back in with her parents, she wanted me to come stay with her in her flat. But of course I declined, saying I should at least give her a few days to change her mind after meeting me. That would be awkward.

Ok, I have rambled on long enough. 10 years coming out in one post.

I welcome all advice (well most of it).

Rick

Rick the Dick :D welcome to the forum, the big T here ;) you are what is known in the FSU dating community as a 'Keyboard Romeo' ;D

The problem you have Rick is that you are quick to point out the problems of others but realise your own.

I've heard of a guy before who spent nearly 2 years messaging a girl, when he actually got around to meeting her they found there was no chemistry together, end of, they never felt a need to be penpals after that.

You say you follow 2tallbill's advice and while I would not like to speak for him, I'm pretty sure he's emphasized the need to 'get on the plane' as one of the tenants to live by on this search.

Now Rick you might luck out and there be chemistry there, or you might just find you get on rel well together and enjoy yourself but that is all. Odds are that it will be the latter as there are only going to one in every so many women that will be into you on this planet so you are hoping that this girl is going to be that 'one' in every so many.

Yes admittedly I wished I moved straight to visiting my girl in her home city, but some on here say that girls can have valid reasons for not wanting to aside from the dubious. I with hindsight would rather just say to these girls I don't care its there home city whether they like it or not. The main point though is sometimes you can do everything right in the process and still it does not work out for you. Sure your chances of coming a cropper are less but don't think its a case of you do everything by code and it works out - if the chemistry is not there then its a no go relationship wise anyway.

Visit One's are difficult in that the risk is you can get stuck with a girl that is not into you (& vice versa) and end up spending the time friendship wise. If your after a relationship then this is a bummer. As you live in the US you might well decide to go in December, perhaps take an extra week over the time she wants to see you. This way if it works out you could either announce you have more time or if she's committed work wise go sight seeing in Kiev or wherever. If it doesn't work out you can call up other girls to meet and who knows one might be the one for you. If you don't do this you risk having a fruitless journey over there, it can be enjoyable but fruitless all the same. Oh, and next time remember there is no need to message for 5 years before going, life is only so long and that's just p*ssing it away.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2017, 12:26:14 AM »
Rick,

You have just had 'advice' from the forum 'expert' ..... 

I apologise on behalf of most of the sane members - we disagree on many things - as you have observed - but Trench defines clueless

Offline jone

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2017, 06:37:59 AM »
A couple of notes:

1.  If you do wind up getting on a plane, spend three hundred dollars and go down to your local Walmart and pick her up a laptop for a gift.   You can tell her that it is more a gift for you, as you will be able to be with her online.   While it may not have the electrical outlet, it is easy to procure the adapter and, even, take one with you.  (Radio Shack has cheap ones for about 5 bucks.)  Check to see that she has internet access.  Internet in Ukraine is actually better than many places in the States.   If I were you, and bought the computer, I would give her small gifts, first, and then, if your meeting goes well, give her the laptop at the end as a sign of future communication.   What to get for small gifts?  Well, I will take a Lakers jersey or Dodgers jersey and Sees Candy for a woman that I would see over in UA or Russia.  (Dunno if I'd want to be seen alive with a Falcons jersey on, after the Super Bowl last year!)

2.  Jay would be a good person to go to for Hotel Recommendations.  We may disagree about politics, but there is no one on the forum who knows the cities over there better than he does.

3.  A hotel is good for a quick trip.  AirBNB is overkill if you go for a long weekend.

4.  There is a bus that leaves Boryspil early that will drop you off in Cherkasy.  www.ticket.bus.com.ua for example, will show that there are buses that leave approximately every 45 minutes during the day from the main bus terminal in Kyiv.  However, you want to book a bus directly from Boryspil.  The cost?  A song.  25 dollars or less.  But you may very well be in a Mashrutka - a large van with seats.

One of the surprises I got when I first arrived in UA was that seats are actually assigned on the bus - like on an airline.  (They even have a stewardess on the bus for you who will serve you tea and from whom you can buy additional things, like candy.)

Should you wish to obtain a taxi rather than a bus, the cost should be around $150.00 each way (or less).  But have your woman (since she is trustworthy) have a car/taxi there to pick you up.  She could more easily arrange the taxi.  If you are at Boryspil and only speak English, the price will surely go up.  (I remember one time being in Odessa and obtaining a taxi for Mykolaiv.  The guy quoted me approximately $200.00.  I turned down his offer.  So I sat there and he came over three times.  Each time lowering his price.  We finally settled on USD $90.00.  Which was approximately $15 higher than normal.  Now Mykolaiv to Odessa is about two thirds the distance to Boryspil/Cherkasy.)

5.  You have asked about making phone calls with Skype.  I, too, have experienced the same response.  So, I simply bought minutes on an overseas card and called her.  But, if you do this, be careful.  Because she may be charged on her phone service for accepting international calls.  It depends on the carrier over there.  They are not completely integrated like ATT/Sprint/Verizon are here in the US.  Each different service has different fees.  The fees associated with an INCOMING overseas call may be out of her league. 

The first time I met a woman in Kharkiv, I remember questioning her about why she had two phones.  The simple answer was that she had two different services, one that she talked with her friends on, which was pay-as-you-go and expensive unless you were talking to another subscriber on the same service.  The other was a more consistent service which she used for business purposes and to talk with her family.  Now, many of the phones sold in UA have two sim card slots so you can send and receive from two different phone services.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 07:50:14 AM by jone »

Offline Muzh

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 07:05:33 AM »
Five years? WOW!

Good to see you have a trip planned for December. If what you write is any indication of where you satnd with this lady, I bet you'll have a great time there.

Regarding communications, you can buy an unlocked iphone 6s for under $300 and send it to her WITH SOMEONE TRAVELLING THERE THAT YOU TRUST. DO NOT SHIP IT THERE. You can facetime with her as many times as you want and it's better than skype. Of course, you need an iphone too. BTW, just bought an iphone 6s 64 GB for $430, unlocked and new. This is for our nephew who is coming to Utah to film some crazy Ukrainian bikers on the Bonneville Salt Flats and we are going to pick him up there.

Good luck and keep us posted.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline jone

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 07:51:36 AM »
Five years? WOW!

Good to see you have a trip planned for December. If what you write is any indication of where you satnd with this lady, I bet you'll have a great time there.

Regarding communications, you can buy an unlocked iphone 6s for under $300 and send it to her WITH SOMEONE TRAVELLING THERE THAT YOU TRUST. DO NOT SHIP IT THERE. You can facetime with her as many times as you want and it's better than skype. Of course, you need an iphone too. BTW, just bought an iphone 6s 64 GB for $430, unlocked and new. This is for our nephew who is coming to Utah to film some crazy Ukrainian bikers on the Bonneville Salt Flats and we are going to pick him up there.

Good luck and keep us posted.

C -

What Ukrainian phone service do your relatives use that DOES NOT CHARGE for incoming overseas phone calls?

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 08:09:43 AM »
I disagree with the guys here who are criticizing the OP.

He and the woman both have been OK with this 5 year communication situation.

After 5 years . . . WTF are you all telling him he needs to go immediately?

After 5 years, it makes no difference if they meet in 5 days from now or 5 months from now.

Why hammer on new guys that show up?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »

After 5 years, it makes no difference if they meet in 5 days from now or 5 months from now.

Ah, perhaps that the woman is on the potato diet.  Perhaps that she needs him.  Perhaps that she is living with her parents because she can't find work.  Perhaps that he has let five years go by without getting on a plane previously.

ML, we have all read your pursuit of women on here.  It was a cattle call that settled on one individual.  But the man has an established communication with one woman.  And he justifies, in his own mind, reasons that he won't see her until early December.   

Having read you for the past number of years, I can tell you that it is not the way you would operate.  And you know that continuing on the present course without getting on a plane only drags out his life.  Hey.  It is his to live.  I give him credit for even coming on here, knowing what people are going to say being that heretofore he has not come through for her.

Instead, let me ask you a question, ML.  Do you think that the woman is really okay with him dragging his feet or do you think that she has no ability to leverage him into a seat on a plane?  Ask your wife, too.

Offline ML

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 09:36:56 AM »
Jon, don't make it complicated.  Keep it simple.
This man and this woman have both been OK with this 5 year relationship.
Absolutely no reason to speed things up at this point.

Doesn't matter what others have done in past or what others would do in  this situation currently or in future.

They are OK with it.  Let's leave them alone.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 09:45:21 AM »
Jon, don't make it complicated.  Keep it simple.
This man and this woman have both been OK with this 5 year relationship.
Absolutely no reason to speed things up at this point.

Doesn't matter what others have done in past or what others would do in  this situation currently or in future.

They are OK with it.  Let's leave them alone.

You have your opinion.  I have mine.  He has his.  All that matters is what he thinks.  Except, of course, what the woman thinks.  Which we have only his opinion on.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 03:46:45 PM »
C -

What Ukrainian phone service do your relatives use that DOES NOT CHARGE for incoming overseas phone calls?

For Facetime all you need is wifi.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Belvis

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 07:30:13 PM »

My thoughts about the case. First, what would put me on the guard:
1. 5 years of communication is not the red flag but anyway looks too long for an ordinary couple of pen pals. From another side, no gold digger would  keep the contacts for so long.
2. She can't afford a laptop or smartphone but in possesion of a car (or she was?). Some inconsistency.
3. "...prices go up on food 50% several times a month..." No connection with reality in this claim. Yes, FSU people like to exaggerate the hardships but not to such extent.

O.K., now touch down to the face-to-face date, random considerations:
1. She must meet Rick in Kiev airport if she is a real woman with FSU mentality. I would cut the visit if she'll find reasons why it is the complicated issue. It's not.
2. I support John in his push for summer or September visit. Yes, that would pose a problem for Rick, that would be not the optimal logistics. However, this step will be viewed as a bold one, woman will appreciate some kind of sacriface Rick is ready for her. If she is  caring and sensitive woman as Rick thinks of her.
3. In summer or September her parents will be out of her flat, so the couple can spend time together and get feeling of possible family life. The stay in hotel looks as a good idea only for the first two days. Rick is not a tourist to live in a hotel.
4. Talking about presents. If you don't want to fall in a "saviour" trap, the presents must be limited to sweets and flowers for the woman at the first date. And no restrictions to give a nice present for her daugther. It will make more effect, by the way, to build a relatioship. Smartphone, for example, would be an ideal gift for a teenager girl if she does not have one already (better to know in advance).

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 10:14:54 PM »

Most here are in agreement a man should only enter this endeavor if he's mentally and physically prepared to visit a woman within a few months of initial contact. There are far too many men out there that waste women's time with endless communication with no intention to visit within a few years.  bookooc finally came around but for every guy like him, there is a thousand that if they didn't visit within the first 5 years of communication, they would never visit, but continue to give hope to the girl or girls they're flirting with.

bookooc did wrong. Some here spanked him. It was deserved. A mature man would accept the punishment and not let it bother him anymore.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JayH

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
C -

I recently saw a Ukrainian roaming deal  that gave multi country access  at a fixed price. It was offered when EU easier access was looming -- there were a lot of countries listed
I think it was a LIFECELL deal--  but will follow up and check.
Just another part of Ukraine joining the world !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1880
Total: 1891

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM