It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: K-1 Visa Applied For 9/23/2011  (Read 21624 times)

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: K-1 Visa Applied For 9/23/2011
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 07:29:20 AM »
Boy, not only ignorant but defensively stubborn.

Classic example of youth wasted on the young.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline scafidi454

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
Well the flip side is the Russian government can also dictate if you can leave or not :(
You stated your spouse, if you are married to a Russian lady then you would need the K-3 visa, if she is still your fiance' then it would be the K-1.
 :offtopic:
You have another post where you listed a resume of sorts for a job in Russia.  All I can say is the western way of doing business is totally different from the Russian way.  Also not speaking the language, you would be like fresh meat in the middle of a shark infested feeding frenzy. It sounds like you are in a hurry and doing 1000+ things.   

K3, CR1, whichever - If I remember correctly, the USCIS officer told me that I would have to re-apply under a K3 if she were to leave the country without receiving her green card. I have just learned, after researching USCIS's website, that I'd need a CR1.

I didn't quite list a resume on that other post, but I am trying to broaden my reach for a job over there. I don't know what the Russian way of doing business is, but I do know that it's completely different from ours in the United States. Unless there's a book that any of you can recommend on business etiquette in Russia, then I'll have to learn the hard way (i.e. wasting my youth on youth).

The fact of the matter is that I am doing a 1000+ things at a million miles an hour, it feels like. As I said, I am also in school full time, working full time, getting the K1 planned, getting ready for my GMAT/MAT/GRE and entrance into a MSA degree, and looking at new jobs for my current degree (switching jobs) that are in another region of this country.

Give me a break.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2011, 09:13:39 AM »
Boy, not only ignorant but defensively stubborn.

Classic example of youth wasted on the young.

+1

I didn't quite list a resume on that other post, but I am trying to broaden my reach for a job over there. I don't know what the Russian way of doing business is, but I do know that it's completely different from ours in the United States. Unless there's a book that any of you can recommend on business etiquette in Russia, then I'll have to learn the hard way (i.e. wasting my youth on youth).

The "Russian way" of doing business is quite simple. It requires a LOT of hard cash and getting it into the right hands. Make sure you have plenty.

The fact of the matter is that I am doing a 1000+ things at a million miles an hour, it feels like. As I said, I am also in school full time, working full time, getting the K1 planned, getting ready for my GMAT/MAT/GRE and entrance into a MSA degree, and looking at new jobs for my current degree (switching jobs) that are in another region of this country.

Give me a break.

You haven't deserved a break. You made a one week trip to Moscow and now you think you know everything which, is quite typical of one a bit too big for his britches.

Most here including myself can really appreciate your enthusiasm. However, it would be wise for you to slow down and give this grand plan much deeper consideration than you have to date. You are coming across as extremely bi-polar.

You can buy a ticket to Russia anytime you please. Or, any where else for that matter. Moving freely between border controls isn't a "right" or guaranteed for anyone to any country. As an example, renounce your US citizenship and it you think Russia is a PITA to get into now, try getting into the US as a Russian citizen. You might see things through a different window.

Ignore the advice here at your own peril but keep in mind, most of it here pertaining to your questions is spot on.

Offline acrzybear

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2011, 09:23:02 AM »
Give me a break.

That attitude won't get you far in Russia.  Maybe it is just me, but it appears as if you are in over your head.  You might want to slow down, take a deep breath and concentrate on the most pressing matters that will affect your long term goals (ie completing your education) and think about things like the possibility of moving to Russia after you accomplish some of the basic goals. 
But scafidi454 it's your life, you can take the advice or leave it.
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline scafidi454

« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2011, 10:44:47 AM »
I don't think that I know everything about Russia, #1.

I am not planning on moving right now, but only after I finish my degree next May, and only if I could find a job in Russia before then, #2.

I wouldn't renounce my citizenship just to have Russian citizenship, #3.

I am open to living in other countries as well, #4.

I haven't denied that Russia is corrupt and bribery is a big part of their business, #5.

I am only exploring my options right now, and putting in applications, posting a job wanted ad, etc. is just my way of exploring those options. I'm not going to move to Moscow unless I'm sure I can do it.

Again, I'm not going to renounce my US citizenship. So, if I cannot have Russian citizenship without renouncing my current citizenship, I can accept that. There are still ways for me to get Temporary Residency and Permanent Residency.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2011, 11:28:53 AM »
I don't think that I know everything about Russia, #1.

I am not planning on moving right now, but only after I finish my degree next May, and only if I could find a job in Russia before then, #2.

I wouldn't renounce my citizenship just to have Russian citizenship, #3.

I am open to living in other countries as well, #4.

I haven't denied that Russia is corrupt and bribery is a big part of their business, #5.

I am only exploring my options right now, and putting in applications, posting a job wanted ad, etc. is just my way of exploring those options. I'm not going to move to Moscow unless I'm sure I can do it.

Again, I'm not going to renounce my US citizenship. So, if I cannot have Russian citizenship without renouncing my current citizenship, I can accept that. There are still ways for me to get Temporary Residency and Permanent Residency.

Scafidi, one thing I know is that you have to be a resident of the EU to work on the EU. Are there exceptions and waivers for Americans to work there? I don't know. Anyone?

What I'll tell you is that IF you are going to get a waiver to work on the EU, you better come out with the world's next gratest invention.

Regarding Ukraine, I know you can live there with your US passport and work there after you get a work visa. You'll have to grease many hands tho.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2011, 11:51:38 AM »

Scafidi, one thing I know is that you have to be a resident of the EU to work on the EU. Are there exceptions and waivers for Americans to work there? I don't know. Anyone?

What I'll tell you is that IF you are going to get a waiver to work on the EU, you better come out with the world's next gratest invention.

Regarding Ukraine, I know you can live there with your US passport and work there after you get a work visa. You'll have to grease many hands tho.
You have to either work directly for another government, be a contractor for a government or get a work visa if you stay over 90 days (as an American).   
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline scafidi454

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2011, 12:10:47 PM »
You have to either work directly for another government, be a contractor for a government or get a work visa if you stay over 90 days (as an American).

Being that I'm going to have my degree in Project Management and Government Contracting, there are jobs open in companies such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin, and Northrup Grumman. Also, there are jobs in other US departments that I'm still exploring.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2011, 12:14:07 PM »

Even that is subject to a background check and approval of the Russian government. We had a poster here sometime back that was denied because of his previous security clearance with the US government.

That situation was albeit an oddity. It is possible to go and live in Russia now. I have a friend who did it for 5 years. Always on renewable homestay visas. He would have to go exit to Finland every 6 months, get his passport stamped and re-enter. So, it can be done. Ironically, now he and his wife choose to live in the states while he gets some medical treatment but, they do plan to return and continue. The difference in him and the OP I suppose is this cat has a steady retirement income and doesn't need to work to survive

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2011, 01:10:04 PM »

Even that is subject to a background check and approval of the Russian government. We had a poster here sometime back that was denied because of his previous security clearance with the US government.

That situation was albeit an oddity. It is possible to go and live in Russia now. I have a friend who did it for 5 years. Always on renewable homestay visas. He would have to go exit to Finland every 6 months, get his passport stamped and re-enter. So, it can be done. Ironically, now he and his wife choose to live in the states while he gets some medical treatment but, they do plan to return and continue. The difference in him and the OP I suppose is this cat has a steady retirement income and doesn't need to work to survive

FP
My post was for the EU (Germany in particular), I have no idea how the Russian government handles this sort of thing. 
Necessitas dat ingenium

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2011, 02:03:44 PM »

FP
My post was for the EU (Germany in particular), I have no idea how the Russian government handles this sort of thing.

It can be done, theres a couple of guys on RWD IIRC that are Americans and living there. Jooky and Chivo and it would appear they do okay. I don't know their particular employment situations or what kind of visas they hold. Then there's Mendy but, I think his situation is somewhat exclusive too.

There was a Canadian I know about that has been in Russia several years teaching english. To my knowledge he had no teaching degree or prior experience. and has to leave periodically as well.

To choose Russia, find a job making a quasi decent wage and get into the fabric of Russia is likely very difficult. Not impossible but full of road blocks

I could be wrong but, from what I have seen, getting into the fabric of Russian life is a challenge
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 02:08:22 PM by Faux Pas »

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2011, 02:06:37 PM »
Sure! Add Phil D'Amore and Kunstammer (sp) with that list.

For the OP, I hope it isn't Annechka.  :P
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2011, 02:09:13 PM »
Sure! Add Phil D'Amore and Kunstammer (sp) with that list.

For the OP, I hope it isn't Annechka.  :P

Da! But, Phil got a bait of it and returned home

Offline viking

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
Tom Hanks in Castaway: You never know what the tide may bring in.
Viking: But you still need to walk along the beach to find it.

Offline scafidi454

« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2011, 03:04:46 PM »
I just don't want to have to go in and out of the country every couple of months.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2011, 03:28:26 PM »
Once again. Read his story here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/336003-adjustment-of-status-green-card/

LOL. It is as much a head-scratcher as this thread has been so far. She's a fiancee one time, a spouse another. He's filed a K-1 but not yet filed a K-1 another time. He's looking for work to live in Russia, but filed a K-1..or maybe filed a K-13. Then there's the bit about trying to determine which is less costly K-1 v tourist visa. They would like to permanently live here but he'd like to get a Russian citizenship as it's cheaper and less hassle when and if they travel....he said she tried to get a tourist visa earlier this year, but was denied. Unless I'm mistaken, I thought the OP is the same guy who said he met the gal here during the summer...

Whatever! I say...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2011, 03:33:20 PM »

LOL. It is as much a head-scratcher as this thread has been so far. She's a fiancee one time, a spouse another. He's filed a K-1 but not yet filed a K-1 another time. He's looking for work to live in Russia, but filed a K-1..or maybe filed a K-13. Then there's the bit about trying to determine which is less costly K-1 v tourist visa. They would like to permanently live here but he'd like to get a Russian citizenship as it's cheaper and less hassle when and if they travel....he said she tried to get a tourist visa earlier this year, but was denied. Unless I'm mistaken, I thought the OP is the same guy who said he met the gal here during the summer...

Whatever! I say...

Yeah, he's all over the place.
Necessitas dat ingenium

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2011, 05:03:44 PM »
I just don't want to have to go in and out of the country every couple of months.

You wouldn't want to be inconvenienced I'm sure  :rolleyes2:

You're all over the map scafidi. You need to make some decisions on what your are going to do then, make them happen

Offline scafidi454

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2012, 03:14:21 PM »
We met in the summer of 2010 - We were contemplating either doing the K-1 visa to get married here, or to go through ZAGS in Russia (assuming I was able to find a job to live in Russia). Then, if we were to move to the U.S. from Russia after being married in Russia (not in the U.S.), we'd have to do the CR-1.

We've already decided to do the K-1, and that's what this post was about.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2012, 07:34:27 AM »
Well, in that case, congratulations.  :clapping:

Offline scafidi454

« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2012, 01:02:11 PM »
I just posted this thread for others who may search for "K-1 visa" on this forum.

Offline calmissile

« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2012, 04:11:16 PM »
K-1/K-2 Submitted Aug 15,2011  USCIS Approval Jan 19,2012.  Via California Service Center.  5 months and 4 days.
Doug (Calmissile)

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »
If I were worried about costs, I wouldn't have spent the time and money that I did to go to Russia during a week that I had almost no personal time with my spouse due to her work, meeting some of her family, hanging out with my Russian friends (I have those), and sight seeing.

You flew to Russia to see your fiancee and she gave you almost no personal time?  Was it poor planning on your part?... or hers?

Offline TheTraveler

• Married to a Disproportionately Hot Russian Wife
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2012, 05:42:50 PM »
My name is Tyler Scafidi, and I am an American in the United States currently looking for a position in Moscow or Saint Petersburg Russia in the summer or fall of 2012 (after I finish my Bachelor's degree).

Just curious... Are you the same Tyler Scafidi in Ft. Walton Beach FL who hit an innocent stranger in the forehead with a baseball bat?

http://www.nwfdailynews.com/news/bat-17106-hit-head.html

That could have easily killed the guy.

Offline scafidi454

« Reply #49 on: October 19, 2012, 03:45:42 PM »
Yes, I'm the same guy. He wasn't innocent. Actually, he was a fugitive that was trying to defend his roommate that owed me 4k and told me to go F*** myself.

If you don't watch it, it might happen again.

Additionally, I'm married to Anastasia, the same woman that we were talking about before, now.

F*** off C*** suckers.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1868
Total: 1879

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM