It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: First meeting- Woman coming to your country or a neutral country.  (Read 27536 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: First meeting- Woman coming to your country or a neutral country.
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2017, 06:59:38 PM »

Anyway, French women doesn't float many men's boats and they are rude to foreigners.

:ROFL:

As a guy who could speak the lingo much better than now and has lived there - that is utter twaddle, Billy ..   I'm surprised at you - being 'mister super dater'... I'd have thought your charm would work, anywhere

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2017, 07:44:46 PM »

As a guy who could speak the lingo much better than now and has lived there - that is utter twaddle, Billy ..   I'm surprised at you - being 'mister super dater'... I'd have thought your charm would work, anywhere

But, Moby, France is in EUROPE - and you know how dangerous Billy thinks Europe is!

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2017, 07:48:50 PM »
...By the 1980's (when Brezhnev was still alive) and thereafter (maybe even earlier, I only know people who did this from 1980 on), you could even travel solo to the USSR...

A former work colleague of mine did the Trans-Siberian solo in around 1970, at age 21.  I was really impressed that SHE managed such an expedition, especially since, even now, there's not very much of her.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2017, 09:04:45 PM »
Parisians are famous for knowing English but only speaking French and
my French is zero, although I agree it's still boy meets girl. If I found
myself stuck in France (back when I was single), I would pursue any
French girls that struck my fancy. It's just not the same target rich
environment that Russia is.

I've been to a few races there over the years, probably half a dozen times to Bercy ,   more of that was when based out of Prague, but also some trips from the states, the French girls were always just awesome. Well the German and Austrain girls were too..
Perhaps  I'm just not too concerned about  nationality. The smile is more important.
I'm in Quebec at the moment, plenty of pretty  women here , if I was still single.

I just don't think it really matters where I guy meets a FSU woman first, but the caveat to that is that is under that circumstance, hopefully he has spent the time and energy to have really communicated well with her prior,and clicked, as well as having gone over the scenario of what both so do  if they just don't hit it off in person .

Offline JayH

« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2017, 10:05:21 PM »
I've been to a few races there over the years, probably half a dozen times to Bercy ,   more of that was when based out of Prague, but also some trips from the states, the French girls were always just awesome. Well the German and Austrain girls were too..
Perhaps  I'm just not too concerned about  nationality. The smile is more important.
I'm in Quebec at the moment, plenty of pretty  women here , if I was still single.

I just don't think it really matters where I guy meets a FSU woman first, but the caveat to that is that is under that circumstance, hopefully he has spent the time and energy to have really communicated well with her prior,and clicked, as well as having gone over the scenario of what both so do  if they just don't hit it off in person .

Good post AJ   ~ :clapping: ( again )

Back in another life we were based in the south of France --  and needless to say --I had a French girlfriend for some years!! ;D
And yes-- she was awesome !   She spoke about 10 languages fluently and later  worked at Strasbourg interpreting and translating.

She picked up and mimicked the Australian accent after a few hours -- it still makes me laugh to this day!  She was from Paris and her family had a place not far from Nice where they holidayed.
I don't agree with the negative comments on the French or Parisians. My original French was learnt at school-- and forgotten until I HAD to try and use it -- and in doing so -- people immediately became helpful . However--I did learn that I needed to make it clear as quickly as possible that I was not English !! Or American !!
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline BillyB

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2017, 07:34:26 PM »

Hard to date French women when I was 5 yo. Haven't been back since. Everybody I know who visited France say the people are rude and Italy was much better.

You may have enjoyed how the French acted towards you compared to your experience in the UK. From what Americans experience at home on a regular basis, they consider the French to be rude.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2017, 07:39:43 PM »

Hard to date French women when I was 5 yo.

Probably they questioned your manliness at that age.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2017, 08:09:37 PM »
I’ve been to France three times. The people are not rude. Their culture is very formal and usually polite. My children all noticed the politeness. If you follow their cultural norms you will not find them rude.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BillyB

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2017, 08:24:35 PM »
I’ve been to France three times. The people are not rude. Their culture is very formal and usually polite. My children all noticed the politeness. If you follow their cultural norms you will not find them rude.

Like where Moby lives, France may be a place where it is an improvement from where you live. You don't have to take my word for it. There's plenty of horror stories written by sensible people on the net about their experiences in France. Here's a sample.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/french-rude-paris-opted-american-food-article-1.2928043

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k221761-o10-Why_are_the_French_So_Rude_to_tourists-Paris_Ile_de_France.html

http://www.bladi.info/threads/why-do-many-french-people.266647/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2017, 08:51:06 PM »

I Googled "why are americans so rude" and out of the 10 sites on page 1, four talked about French being rude. I wasn't even trying to Google anything about France. It's pretty bad when your country routinely shows up on page one in a search engine about rudeness in other countries. Most polls/studies have France being the rudest place on Earth. Some polls/studies were kind to France and listed them #2.

Saying the French are polite is like saying Ukraine and Russia are corruption free.

Offline msmob

« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2017, 11:05:19 PM »
Whatever would we do without BillyB's 'How the world is, based on Google'....?

As someone who has clearly experienced France far more times than you....

They have their own language and tend to use it rather than English....

They often  speak highly of Americans, too....

Watched a great French romantic comedy on RU TV last night.... Even in the times of the Tsar and Soviet era, the French were popular, here... ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2017, 11:35:40 PM »
As someone who has clearly experienced France far more times than you....

Some people lived in Russia and though Stalin was a great guy. Other's thought he was the biggest mass murderer in history. Some people's brains don't function well. You must think Stalin was a great guy and France is #1 on the polite list.

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2017, 11:55:26 PM »

Watched a great French romantic comedy on RU TV last night.... Even in the times of the Tsar and Soviet era, the French were popular, here... ;)

Even in 1812 ???? )))
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline msmob

« Reply #63 on: December 01, 2017, 01:01:24 AM »

Some people lived in Russia and though Stalin was a great guy. Other's thought he was the biggest mass murderer in history. Some people's brains don't function well. You must think Stalin was a great guy and France is #1 on the polite list.

Best not to 'think', too hard, BillyB ...

1/ I think Stalin was a lunatic - as do most Russians

2/ French people - are indeed largely polite - even the French might comment that Parisians are 'rude' .... in the same way Southeners in the US might claim they are friendlier ...

If you try to speak their lingo - must folks find that the locals are polite...    continue in your blissful ignorance

Offline BillyB

« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2017, 01:47:17 AM »
If you try to speak their lingo - must folks find that the locals are polite... 

I believe you. Based on how people treated you elsewhere, the French are very polite. What you seem to not understand and accept is most people rate the French the rudest people in the world based off their experiences. You aren't the only one with an experience that counts.

Offline msmob

« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:50 AM »

I believe you. Based on how people treated you elsewhere, the French are very polite. What you seem to not understand and accept is most people rate the French the rudest people in the world based off their experiences. You aren't the only one with an experience that counts.

'most people' ?  :D

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2017, 05:57:34 AM »
The French in general do tend to be rude, strange people. I got some pretty bad service in Paris.  Then again I got similar reception in Russia.

One encounter in the south of France I recall, I was next to a major hotel and there was a large group of people on the outdoor terrace.
One hotel employee was standing by and I asked him what is going on.  He replies "what!? you don't even say hello first..blah blah.."..

They seem to be quite sensitive.  Then again I found the British to be rather arrogant as well.  With the women I get along best with Russians  :)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2017, 07:16:06 AM »
One hotel employee was standing by and I asked him what is going on.  He replies "what!? you don't even say hello first..blah blah..". .

This goes back to my comment on formality.  I read a lot about French customs and culture before visiting. Starting any conversation with a greeting (Bonjour Monsieur/Madam), and saying goodbye are important in their culture, no matter where you are. Your lack of a greeting likely was viewed as rude, and the employee was telling you that, probably for future reference. Please and thank you are also important.

We followed this “rule” of greeting everyone and had no unpleasant encounters in Paris on our last visit.  I also started every conversation in French, and typically people would switch to English, although I did run into people who couldn’t speak English.  We met many charming people, and no one was rude.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline SANDRO43

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2017, 07:48:41 AM »
Even in 1812 ???? )))
Yes, and thereafter. IINM French influence started at the time of Catherine the Great - she corresponded regularly with Voltaire.

My grandmother told me that French was often spoken at Court rather than Russian - particularly in conversations about art, phylosophy, etc. - and she studied in Geneva for her "baccalauréat" (post high-school diploma) intending to teach French in her circle of noble friends and acquaintances, which means there must have been a "market" for her acquired skills.
Milan's "Duomo"

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2017, 08:13:51 AM »
Note to (as Bill calls them) the "newbies and lurkers:" this visa is available only to people from the USA.  The rest of us unfortunate folks have to make do with the crumbs scattered hither and yon by our local Russian embassies.  Luckily, the embassy in Wellington was extremely helpful with both my trips to Russia, and I had not the slightest problem with my visa (tourist first trip, business second trip) either time.

My knowledge of Visa rules and options is limited to what Americans
can do or not do. I don't know what restrictions or options that they
have for other countries.

I can only imagine the hoops they make guys jump through that
live upside down on the bottom of the globe  ;D

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline ML

« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2017, 10:24:54 AM »
Most polls/studies have France being the rudest place on Earth. Some polls/studies were kind to France and listed them #2.

Billy, please show the URLs to these specific polls.

Polls should be more valid than individual commentators, so I would like to see them.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2017, 01:38:29 PM »
  Then again I found the British to be rather arrogant as well. 

I was just about to suggest you were missing the common denominator might be you ?  ;)

Many British ARE arrogant ...   :welcome:

Offline Olga_Mouse

First meeting - Woman coming to your country or a neutral country?
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2019, 02:36:48 PM »
But I've heard some posters say don't meet the woman on a vacation trip for the first meeting. 
I am not sure if I agree.  I think the added fun of a new place brings excitement.

Neutral country, new place and shared expenses would put both of you in equal position. Which is already a plus, IMO.

Sure, ideally every animal shall be watched in its natural habitat - but if you'd rent an apartment with two bedrooms (instead of just booking a hotel), you'd get as close to living together as possible, I presume?

'Cause then the holiday - apart from grilling asses on the beach - would include cooking, cleaning, planning grocery chopping, carrying bags, throwing socks around, putting the toilet seat up \ down, talking to the other while he \ she is in the bathroom, pushing the toothpaste from wrong \ right end of the tube, fighting for remote control, snoring, farting under the blanket and all other pieces of everyday life mosaics. This should give both an idea if they could live under one roof for a longer time, right?  ;)
"If I get through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions" [Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Alliance space station Babylon 5]

Offline msmob

« Reply #73 on: April 15, 2019, 03:19:27 AM »
Olga - or can I say 'Olya'  - seeing as we 'know' each other SO well ...  ?... ( Please advise )

'Sting123' is no longer allowed to 'play' here .. I have a feeling you two have already (briefly) entered into correspondence in an alternate universe ...

He is a little confused as to his life ... sometimes he appears as a guy married to a RU lady and sometimes his has lots of gerl fwends' on VK who are jaw-dropping ...

But, he is always an 'expert' on Russia and the Russian language..and a geographic cretin about places he expresses opinions on - but has clearly never been too   ( too  late ...Miss Mouse has quoted me   :-[  )

I like him

« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 04:00:55 AM by msmob »

Offline Olga_Mouse

First meeting - Woman coming to your country or a neutral country.
« Reply #74 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:32 AM »

Olga - or can I say 'Olya'  - seeing as we 'know' each other SO well ...  ?... ( Please advise )

Whatever sounds better for your ears, I do not really care :rolleyes:

'Sting123' is no longer allowed to 'play' here... I have a feeling you two have already (briefly) entered into correspondence in an alternate universe...

Yeah, and I even asked the demiurge of that alternate universe who the hell is that, and why he's blocked from sending PMs. ;D

He is a little confused as to his life... sometimes he appears as a guy married to a RU lady and sometimes his has lots of gerl fwends' on VK who are jaw-dropping...

But, he is always an 'expert' on Russia and the Russian language... and a geographic cretin about places he expresses opinions on - but has clearly never been too

I like him
Sure, his entertaining quality shouldn't be underrated.

Regardless of OP's personality, I have made an informed decision to express my opinion re. "your country \ neutral country"  :popcorn:
"If I get through this job without completely losing my mind, it will be a miracle of Biblical proportions" [Commander Susan Ivanova, Earth Alliance space station Babylon 5]

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846
Most Online Today: 1958
Most Online Ever: 12701