It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Scary - UK refusal rates for spousal visas  (Read 7262 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Scary - UK refusal rates for spousal visas
« on: January 26, 2019, 10:36:33 PM »
Total applications 14,004
Successful                     10,395
Rejections                             3,525
Withdrawn                                         75
Lapsed                                                         9

UK Spouse Visa Success Rate 74.23%

UK Spouse Visa Refusal Rate 25.17%

So, 1 in four are rejected ... Trying to find out non-UK spouse's nationalities

http://ukvisa.blog/2018/11/23/uk-visa-success-rate/

it would be interesting to read of other nations success rates

My thanks to James as he raised visa rejection rates on another thread

Offline Blighty

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Scary - UK refusal rates for spousal visas
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2019, 12:32:48 AM »
Certain countries (eg, Ghana) are renowned for fake marriages and fake visa applications.

Your quoted site does not split the statistics between visitor and spousal visas! Ukrainian visa refusals are higher for visitor applications rather than spouse visas.

Many people fail to provide the correct documentation in support of their spouse application. Simply, they do not follow the clearly stated UKVI rules. I have seen many reported rejections due to the spouse taking the wrong English exam, the sponsor earning less than £18,600, and a lack of supporting evidence (eg, missing payslips).

Follow the rules, and your spouse will get the visa!

Offline msmob

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2019, 01:13:06 AM »

Your quoted site does not split the statistics between visitor and spousal visas! Ukrainian visa refusals are higher for visitor applications rather than spouse visas.

Blighty - it most defo does make the distinction

Ukraine 89.6% visitor visas approved in Q2 2018

Many people fail to provide the correct documentation in support of their spouse application. Simply, they do not follow the clearly stated UKVI rules. I have seen many reported rejections due to the spouse taking the wrong English exam, the sponsor earning less than £18,600, and a lack of supporting evidence (eg, missing payslips).

Follow the rules, and your spouse will get the visa!

Given you missed the info about visitor visa - how DID your wife get her visa ? ;))  [Teasing ]

How have you SEEN rejections for the reasons you give and why do people fill in visitor applications - but not spousal ones - correctly ?

Offline Blighty

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 02:38:19 AM »
How have you SEEN rejections for the reasons you give and why do people fill in visitor applications - but not spousal ones - correctly ?

I carefully studied the various immigration discussion boards before completing the spousal visa, and  read through the posts related to rejections. People had made genuine mistakes when making the spousal application, but the system is designed to reject at the first opportunity. It originates from Theresa May's decision (as Home Secretary) to make it diffficult to 'import' a non-EEA spouse. The background checks on the applicant is another grey area in the application process, which can take several months to complete.

Spousal visas are far more complex as relationship evidence needs to be provided as proof of a 'subsisting relationship'. Failure to provide evidence in the form of photographs, wedding proof, communication logs, meeting logs, and travel proof leads to rejection.

Offline Blighty

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 02:47:49 AM »
Blighty - it most defo does make the distinction

Given you missed the info about visitor visa - how DID your wife get her visa ? ;))  [Teasing ]

These statistics do not separate Ukraine between settlement and visit visas, 89.61% refers to all visa types!

Offline msmob

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2019, 03:17:45 AM »
I carefully studied the various immigration discussion boards before completing the spousal visa, and  read through the posts related to rejections. People had made genuine mistakes when making the spousal application, but the system is designed to reject at the first opportunity. It originates from Theresa May's decision (as Home Secretary) to make it diffficult to 'import' a non-EEA spouse. The background checks on the applicant is another grey area in the application process, which can take several months to complete.

Spousal visas are far more complex as relationship evidence needs to be provided as proof of a 'subsisting relationship'. Failure to provide evidence in the form of photographs, wedding proof, communication logs, meeting logs, and travel proof leads to rejection.

I have been a member / visitor of such boards for over 12 years and I have helped folks who were refused get approved - they had not always made 'mistakes' - rather it was the approval end .... in one example a friend's wife was not approved as he had an overdraft - when in possession of £750 k of assets..That was pointed out and 'reviewed and approved', accordingly 

These statistics do not separate Ukraine between settlement and visit visas, 89.61% refers to all visa types!

But the stats most certainly DO tell us that refusals for all types - save spousal visas - are less than one in ten ( for Ukraine) - c.1 in a 100 for Russia

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2019, 08:12:17 AM »
For Belarus these statistics for visitor visas obviously do not reflect the pre screening in Minsk.. 

MSMOB you seem so multi talented maybe you should replace Ms May and lead the country .  Maybe even replace Trump and Putin.  I'm sure you could do all these three jobs at once.  Maybe even head up the UN. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 08:22:48 AM »
For Belarus these statistics for visitor visas obviously do not reflect the pre screening in Minsk.. 

Jeez, James - when you are busted - admit it ...

MSMOB you seem so multi talented maybe you should replace Ms May and lead the country .  Maybe even replace Trump and Putin.  I'm sure you could do all these three jobs at once.  Maybe even head up the UN.

One does not need to be that talented to spot your generalisations .. ( which in THIS case - were spectacularly busted )

I make that 3 posters have pointed out this 'naughty' habit of yours - so far - this weekend !

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 09:32:35 AM »
Interesting stats from your source. Chinese, Saudis and Russians are more likely to get a UK visa than Americans, Canadians, Australians and Kiwis. So much for a special relationship with her former colonies. Any ideas why?

Refusal rates for US visitor visas.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY17.pdf

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 10:16:04 AM »
Interesting stats from your source. Chinese, Saudis and Russians are more likely to get a UK visa than Americans, Canadians, Australians and Kiwis. So much for a special relationship with her former colonies. Any ideas why?

Refusal rates for US visitor visas.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Non-Immigrant-Statistics/RefusalRates/FY17.pdf

Some strange numbers.

e.g. Refusal rate for applications from Canada is 41%

This leads me to believe that those applications are for persons just living in Canada, and not citizens of Canada.

Also, do Canadians even need visa to visit USA ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 10:38:46 AM »

Also, do Canadians even need visa to visit USA ?

Not for visits/vacations lasting less than 183 days. Canadians love to winter in the US for months at a time. In Florida there are Canadian license plates everywhere during the winter.

http://www.visaplace.com/blog-immigration-law/overstay-in-the-us/long-canadian-stay-us-2/

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 10:52:49 AM »
As they say there are statistics and there are lies.  Often the same thing

Offline ML

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 11:23:55 AM »
OK DaveNY, so how to explain the 41% refusal rate for Canada into USA?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2019, 12:02:13 PM »
As they say there are statistics and there are lies.  Often the same thing

Oh, ple-ease, James

Contact the Home Office under the freedom of information act ..

Do you think the Office of National Stats and the Home Office are in some giant conspiracy ?   

Are you confusing UK govt actions with those of BY or RU
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 02:13:44 PM by msmob »

Offline Blighty

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2019, 01:46:22 PM »

There is now no pre-screening in Minsk ... make an appointment at TLSConnect there, and the application is sent to Sheffield for processing.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 03:37:25 PM »
Well I have read the refusal letters.  You hand the paperwork in at Minsk and it comes back with an explanation  of refusal.  I've read them.  I'm not helping anyone get a visa I was simply helping my friend his wedding in the uk to a Belarusian lady.  None of the guests got a visitor visa so there was a blessing in Minsk several of the guests had UK visitor visas in the past  ..   I'm friends with 2 people who share an office both have travelled to usa and UK on visas before.  This time only one got a business visa to UK and the other failed for a visitor visa to UK and Belarus.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 03:39:58 PM »
Sorry failed for UK and usa

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 03:47:43 PM »
Well I have read the refusal letters.  You hand the paperwork in at Minsk and it comes back with an explanation  of refusal.  I've read them.  I'm not helping anyone get a visa I was simply helping my friend his wedding in the uk to a Belarusian lady.  None of the guests got a visitor visa so there was a blessing in Minsk several of the guests had UK visitor visas in the past  ..   I'm friends with 2 people who share an office both have travelled to usa and UK on visas before.  This time only one got a business visa to UK and the other failed for a visitor visa to UK and Belarus.

Take a look at msmob's source document. According to the document the visa success rate for citizens of Belarus is 95.81%. That is literally higher than the visa success rate for Americans, which is 95.37% and Canadians, 94.88% and Australians, 95.60% and New Zealanders, 94.46%. 

When the success rate is that high and your friends are not getting visas you should be wondering about the life choices of your friends.

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 06:04:21 PM »
Take a look at msmob's source document. According to the document the visa success rate for citizens of Belarus is 95.81%. That is literally higher than the visa success rate for Americans, which is 95.37% and Canadians, 94.88% and Australians, 95.60% and New Zealanders, 94.46%. 

When the success rate is that high and your friends are not getting visas you should be wondering about the life choices of your friends.

Once again I question WTF is this stuff??

Americans do not need visa to visit UK, and probably neither do Canadians, Australians or New Zealanders.

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 06:11:59 PM »
Tourists do not need a visa.

Other non-immigrant visas are for work and for study.  So, the easy visas - tourists - are not counted to boost the numbers, so only the harder visas are counted for USA, Canada, Australia, etc.  Therefore more denials.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2019, 07:01:07 PM »
Once again I question WTF is this stuff??

Americans do not need visa to visit UK, and probably neither do Canadians, Australians or New Zealanders.

Americans can enter the UK without a visa if they're staying for 180 days or less. The figures regarding American, Canadians, Aussies and New Zealanders are probably for stays in excess of 180 days for which a visa would be required.

http://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

Offline msmob

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 11:13:24 PM »

James,

Why don't you READ ?

It has been pointed out to you that decisions for Minsk are not made in Minsk.

I have only had one visitor visa I handled - for SC of all people ) refused - and THAT was because the agents in Rostov  - having paid for the 'VIP' checking of docs - did not send SC's translations of the House(s) deeds and bank statements - I knew this before she got to the railway station and tried - unsuccessfully - to get the submission to Moscow - delayed. After a long fight - I got refunded .

So, I've seen a refusal and they are abrupt - but suggest why the application failed

You have not told us why your friend's applications failed

« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:15:07 AM by msmob »

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2019, 12:13:33 AM »
Life choices .  They are top level professionals.  The internet is not the place to discuss in detail. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2019, 12:17:14 AM »
Life choices .  They are top level professionals.  The internet is not the place to discuss in detail.

??  I asked you if you would tell us the reason for refusal - not who they are - but given the ultra low level of refusals - despite your suggestion to the contrary - are you worried the Home Office would 'guess and be 'upset' ? ;)

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2019, 12:21:16 AM »
A few days missing in employment  record.  Finances they deemed too much for the UK holiday.  Recent sale and purchase of property.  Likely to remain in UK and not go back.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1864
Total: 1875

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM