It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 459193 times)

Offline Blighty

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2175 on: August 14, 2018, 12:56:17 AM »
What positives do you see in Trench? One can only address the persona projected here so speculation about his real personality is pointless.
No one is anyone’s enemy here. Do you always take forum life so seriously?

You certainly take forum life seriously by quickly posting a response to me! Just take a step back and look at how you are never off TC's back on this forum. He certainly has some off-beat ideas about women. Remember that we are all different here! Try discussing things with TC through PMs and you will find him to be a reasonable person. Think about the reasons why you chose an Ukrainian wife over a British wife. Their mindsets are very different, and I have given TC feedback about my experiences of having an Ukrainian wife.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2176 on: August 14, 2018, 01:26:44 AM »
I lived in Ukraine for a significant period, in a two room apartment, with 2 RW.  I had significant contact with UW of all backgrounds.  Personally, I think the different "mindset" is overblown.  FSUW generally will care for the home almost exclusively, will do virtually all the cooking (other than outdoors), but what they want out of life is not particularly different from what WW want.  That is especially true with younger women.

If Trench is trolling here, then he is not getting the advice he seeks from the forum.  I will assume his perspectives are as he posts, and from that, and having known hundreds of FSUW, my prediction is he will not sustain a successful marriage with a UW.  What he wants, and what he can offer, are not what most women there seek.  He believes he can "outsmart" a UW, which is practically impossible.

One FSUW "mindset" that is very different from WW is that when an FSUW makes up her mind that she is done with you, she is done.  There is no turning back.  Most of them do not want you in their lives in any manner whatsoever, even where children are involved.  In Russia and Ukraine, an ex is truly an "ex".  There are many men who posted here in the past who can describe to  you that scorched earth policy, which they were perplexed by, and which many of them found very painful. 

I asked Trench early on what he can offer an FSUW.  His answer was "love".  Well, if that's what he can offer, given he wants a woman who has never been married, or has children, my response is, she can find that in her own country.  She doesn't need him, particularly if she is going to leave and live in almost the same economic conditions she left.  What is the big "jump" for her?  At least in her country, she is surrounded by people who speak her native language, by her family, by all that's familiar. 

There is only a certain subset of women who are willing to leave everything to move abroad.  Most of them want a better life materially, or a non gopnik man who is an intellectual equal.  It seems to me the sole advantage Trench has here is, he doesn't drink, as he certainly displays many other gopnik traits.  And, that alone is not enough for most women.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:29:17 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2177 on: August 14, 2018, 01:39:35 AM »
As a postscript, I also believe it is cruel to encourage Trench to pursue a woman, as it will not end well for him. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #2178 on: August 14, 2018, 01:51:07 AM »
"I think this may be part of the problem."

in perhaps the same way that a grain of sand is part of a vast golden beach

No Trench, there is something bigger going on
i'm sure deep down, you KNOW what it must be, even if I do not
and until you free yourself from whatever it is, your life will keep going the way it always has
either free yourself, or accept that who you are now, is who you shall remain

Well women online I guess can only go by what is written and the photos and base their response on that. Some women of course are looking for a younger guy and some women read that I am looking for a younger girl say if they are in their late thirties/early forties.

I think my profile statements are succinct enough and to the point, one short paragraph about me and one about what I want. So My hobbies so they have an idea of the kind of person I am. Then what I'm looking for, sincere woman, children & marriage, wanting serious relationship, etc.

The only thing I could try is to put that statement into Russian as well as my first letter perhaps to give them an easier read/allow the less English language girls an easier time.

I doubt it's a case of what's written though, I've heard that girls judge it like guys on the profile photos. At the moment I'm not getting anywhere near the 50 percent ML states, it's more like 10 percent then even most of them become lack lustre. I think I was getting more emphatic response when I replied back to girls who had contacted me first - I'm guessing because the interest was more there. However few women are contacting me now as my profile has been up there a while so would need a redo I think.

So with the profile photos the only thing I could change apart from full body pica & more with my interests involved is that I'm wearing glasses in my pics. I did this to be honest and assumed it would not be a big deal for girls. Some guys on here said they wore glasses and it was no problem. However I'm wondering if for me it may not work well.  I could wear contacts instead and have berm turning over the idea of laser eye surgery in my mind.

I'll be honest, it may sound like double standards but I dint usually take too well to photos of women who wear glasses, I don't know why as I wear them myself, it's nothing intentional they tend to put me off in some way though.

That is all I can think off, I may not be Brad Pitt but I would say I'm at least around average in looks I would say. I'm about 6ft tall, full head of brown hair, slim/average build but not athletic, facially at least around an average I would guess - no real obvious oddities.

So that is all I can think off, to take some photos where I'm not wearing glasses and see how it goes.

Though I guess it is also worth noting that I tend to put in for a lot of pretty girls, all at least a 7 or 8 though even they tend to be quite attractive and are probably in demand a lot. I've said before on here I'm not too keen on daring another 9 or 10 as loads of guys would always be after them, though I guess occasionally a few of them I can't help but put in for also.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 02:23:59 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2179 on: August 14, 2018, 02:04:44 AM »

There is only a certain subset of women who are willing to leave everything to move abroad.  Most of them want a better life materially, or a non gopnik man who is an intellectual equal.  It seems to me the sole advantage Trench has here is, he doesn't drink, as he certainly displays many other gopnik traits.  And, that alone is not enough for most women.

Yet we are told that women in their early thirties onwards if not younger can't find a decent guy as not only the male/female ratio swings against them at that age they are also left with the dregs of society, drinks, druggies, those with mental health problems or those that are unemployment, or in low paid work, socially difficult or a bit thick,  etc.

We are also told many just want a man who can provide to have children with. They really want a family and to not be married is looked down upon in FSU culture.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2180 on: August 14, 2018, 02:21:45 AM »
I can think of a half dozen UM between the ages of 35 and 42 who are unmarried and don’t drink, use drugs, are completely normal good “catches”.

My husband is in Ukraine right now and his cousin’s son, aged 34, just married. Another of his cousins, now in her late forties, married her second husband about six years ago, and they had a child. He’d been married before as well but had no children and they had a child when she was 42. She had two grown children. Another male relative married last year, his first marriage at 43.

So, your statement is overly broad and inaccurate.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2181 on: August 14, 2018, 02:28:07 AM »
I can think of a half dozen UM between the ages of 35 and 42 who are unmarried and don’t drink, use drugs, are completely normal good “catches”.

My husband is in Ukraine right now and his cousin’s son, aged 34, just married. Another of his cousins, now in her late forties, married her second husband about six years ago, and they had a child. He’d been married before as well but had no children and they had a child when she was 42. She had two grown children. Another male relative married last year, his first marriage at 43.

So, your statement is overly broad and inaccurate.

But did they choose not to marry young as they knew they could have 'fun' with a lot of women first?

Are you saying to get a reasonaby pretty FSW a 7 or 8 say I would need to offer a well off life style and hence be quite wealthy?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2182 on: August 14, 2018, 02:32:46 AM »
They didn’t marry for a variety of reasons, but it wasn’t about being male sluts.

Yes, you need money.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2183 on: August 14, 2018, 02:59:19 AM »
They didn’t marry for a variety of reasons, but it wasn’t about being male sluts.

Yes, you need money.

Were they ugly? :D I mean I guess even local girls want a choice and if they don't do it for them then a girl may look abroad.

How does this tie in with what BillyB says about not showing your wealth in photo's so as to avoid insincere women? They will no doubt be looking for photos of guys with wealth will they not? But as soon as do any of that, wham all the insincere women will turn up I assume.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 03:16:08 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2184 on: August 14, 2018, 03:13:04 AM »
No, they are all handsome men, other than the husband of the female cousin who remarried. The one who just married is movie star handsome and his bride is beautiful, more than any photo I’ve seen posted here.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2185 on: August 14, 2018, 03:17:17 AM »
Yes, you need money.

How does this tie in with what BillyB says about not showing your wealth in photo's so as to avoid insincere women? They will no doubt be looking for photos of guys with wealth will they not? But as soon as do any of that, wham all the insincere women will turn up I assume.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2186 on: August 14, 2018, 04:01:39 AM »

Surprise!

I do NOT agree with BillbyB

*I* did photos showing my life and one in a DJ (tux)

As long as you are not misrepresenting...what's the issue?

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:42:52 AM by msmob »

Offline Davo2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2187 on: August 14, 2018, 04:30:10 AM »
I'm sure Billy meant don't use pictures of you entertaining guests in your grand ballroom, standing in front of your Zonda or sailing on your private yacht  ;)

Most of us are middle class or upper middle class. Surely you want to show an honest account of who you are and your lifestyle, so they know they won't be living in a life of poverty, living week to week? You might be turning away insincere women, but you'll probably also turn away the sincere ones also, if you look too poor.

Offline Davo2

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #2188 on: August 14, 2018, 04:46:05 AM »
  Personally, I think the different "mindset" is overblown.  FSUW generally will care for the home almost exclusively, will do virtually all the cooking (other than outdoors), but what they want out of life is not particularly different from what WW want. 

I've felt like saying the same as Boe for a while.... Again I have no real life experience with FSU women, but I'm still dating locally and much of what I read in trip reports (good and bad), my single friends and I have experienced at home. We have had some shocking dates that make many of the FSU women with issues and red flags described here, look reasonable in comparison.

We have had much discussion on this topic over the last few years and we have conceded that one in ten women we have been on dates with, we have a great connection and are marriage material.

You find good and bad prospects where ever you look. Like all things in life, having the experience to make good choices makes it easier to be successful and dating is no different. 

I've said this a few times trench, but hone your skills at home, it will make a big difference. I'd go to back to speed dating (you have a captive woman for 5 minutes) it's a great way of meeting all sorts of personalities and practicing building rapport in a small space of time, which It's exactly what you need to master when going on a real date.

I think you'll fine guys like ML etc.... Who have achieved what we are all trying to find, were reasonably successful locally and have applied those skills when looking for a fsu  wife.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:30:28 AM by Davo2 »

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2189 on: August 14, 2018, 05:12:00 AM »
You certainly take forum life seriously by quickly posting a response to me! Just take a step back and look at how you are never off TC's back on this forum. He certainly has some off-beat ideas about women. Remember that we are all different here! Try discussing things with TC through PMs and you will find him to be a reasonable person. Think about the reasons why you chose an Ukrainian wife over a British wife. Their mindsets are very different, and I have given TC feedback about my experiences of having an Ukrainian wife.
I was having my morning cuppa and caught your post. Just good timing, that’s all.
I think Trench brings it on himself with what and how he posts.
What you term off beat I would call serious misogyny so I guess we’ll differ on that.
I don’t think one can differentiate between women all that much. At the end of the day, they are human beings, individuals, with the needs, desires, aspirations tha any of us might have.  Trench just sees them as something to keep him happy in the bedroom dept and to give him an anchor baby or two.

Offline msmob

« Reply #2190 on: August 14, 2018, 06:31:39 AM »
Blighty,

Thankfully, Trench knows better than to PM me, now...

I cannot concur with your appraisal, given he asked for advice via that medium and STILL 'knew better'...

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 07:44:10 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2191 on: August 14, 2018, 06:49:46 AM »
I'm sure Billy meant don't use pictures of you entertaining guests in your grand ballroom, standing in front of your Zonda or sailing on your private yacht  ;)

Most of us are middle class or upper middle class. Surely you want to show an honest account of who you are and your lifestyle, so they know they won't be living in a life of poverty, living week to week? You might be turning away insincere women, but you'll probably also turn away the sincere ones also, if you look too poor.

Oh, I see I had a photo of me on fromy of some yachts, they were not my yachts but I was worried girls might read into it that I was with that scene and wealthy. I was wearing quite a nice shirt and sunglasses so it might have gave the wrong impression. It was the photo the last girl I was with responded to, I think it was the only one I had up at the time.

I guess I should cut it a bit under that but not too far under perhaps, so I am near the beach so perhaps a nice beach scene, etc.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2192 on: August 14, 2018, 06:57:50 AM »
Surprise!

I do NOT agree with BillbyB

*I* did photos showing my life and one in a DJ (tux)

As long as you are nkt misrepresenting...what's the issue?

Well I don't have tux, do people wear them anymore?

I have suits, but to be honest with you I can't wear  suits all the time. In my present photos I'm on a t-shirt in one and a decent quality shirt in the other. The one where I'm in the shirt you can see my top half the other one in my t-shirt is just below the neckline. It's quite a nice t-shirt though.

So I'm guessing I should wear some nice casual gear in some as I don't want to walk around everywhere I go in a suit with the girl, lol. It could be seen as a bit weird.

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #2193 on: August 14, 2018, 07:21:30 AM »
Well I don't have tux, do people wear them anymore?

Yes, people wear for certain occasions tuxedo's or so-called dinner dress.

I wonder do you even have underwear, preferably lacking skid marks?
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

« Reply #2194 on: August 14, 2018, 07:47:10 AM »
Oh, I see I had a photo of me on fromy of some yachts, they were not my yachts

I had one with my 'yacht' - racing in a Laser - 'action man' .... 

Most lasses want to know you are leading an active life

Trench my DJ ( Tux) still fits me after 28 years and still looks like new ;)

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #2195 on: August 14, 2018, 07:57:35 AM »
As a postscript, I also believe it is cruel to encourage Trench to pursue a woman, as it will not end well for him.

I agree.

Trench coat, Feel free to proceed but you are both too stupid and blind for this (ad)venture.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2196 on: August 14, 2018, 08:17:17 AM »
I had one with my 'yacht' - racing in a Laser - 'action man' .... 

Most lasses want to know you are leading an active life

Trench my DJ ( Tux) still fits me after 28 years and still looks like new ;)

Tell me in this photo, were you way out in front beating all the kids hands down :ROFL:

We were talking about a 'proper' yacht, lol.

An active life is going out to work, they want me to do more on top of that!

Offline msmob

« Reply #2197 on: August 14, 2018, 08:44:01 AM »
Tell me in this photo, were you way out in front beating all the kids hands down :ROFL:

It was a VERY windy day - so of course ... 

We were talking about a 'proper' yacht, lol.

You mean  a floating caravan ?

An active life is going out to work, they want me to do more on top of that!

Tellybubbie 'No-oh' ....  'they' want you to be healthy and not lead a boring life

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #2198 on: August 14, 2018, 09:00:03 AM »
I have an uncle in the UK that owns a "narrowboat" I've gone on trips with him and his family on the canals in this "vessel"
the area between Birmingham and Manchester has many old and very scenic canals that are still navigable
and so incredibly beautiful
would ABSOLUTELY use photos from this, and they would be AWESOME
and would make a BIG impact on a Russian woman in SO MANY different ways
you want to be subtle and not overstated

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2199 on: August 14, 2018, 09:31:29 AM »
I have an uncle in the UK that owns a "narrowboat" I've gone on trips with him and his family on the canals in this "vessel"
the area between Birmingham and Manchester has many old and very scenic canals that are still navigable
and so incredibly beautiful
would ABSOLUTELY use photos from this, and they would be AWESOME
and would make a BIG impact on a Russian woman in SO MANY different ways
you want to be subtle and not overstated

Wow, that's a wonderful idea Krimster :D you occasionally come up with such masterminds. Yes that would definately be something for me to look into. I'll be honest while I've done stuff like snowboarding in the past a lot of activities I just don't have the energy for to keep up long term. I would find it disingenuous to do it the odd few times and say 'hey this is me' on my profile when I know it's not something I regularly do or am into a lot.

While I like to experience doing new things I really need more interests with continuity. Stuff where I won't find it a drag to keep up with a lot of bother getting all prepared for it. Up to now there's just been stuff like Bowing and Cycling but they hardly sets anyone's world on fire. So I think you're suggestion is hitting the ball in right direction Krimster, I'll definately look into in :) very much appreciate.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1883
Total: 1894

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM