It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 476911 times)

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #800 on: March 04, 2018, 04:37:25 AM »

Trench has indeed said he wanted to try to work there- get a work visa - one pays £750 and voila - the invite

Incorrect - I think I'd know having had them over 18 years - we have single, double and multiple entry Business visas ..the M/E ones are valid for a year - one can stay 90/180 days - every six month period

you and I both know Trench ain't going to Russia to work.   I taught at a Russian state school.  The days of just being a native speaker and showing up to teach are long gone.  Knowing how atrocious he writes here I highly doubt he could land any teaching job freelance or otherwise. 

As for business visas I am correct.  Duration is 90 days or 1 year. I didn't mention the 90/180 for the 1 yr because Trench won't even be there that long.  If it's a work visa it can be continuous.  I've gotten both work and business visas so I know.  You just misread as usual and think you know everything.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #801 on: March 04, 2018, 06:02:13 AM »
you and I both know Trench ain't going to Russia to work.   I taught at a Russian state school.  The days of just being a native speaker and showing up to teach are long gone.  Knowing how atrocious he writes here I highly doubt he could land any teaching job freelance or otherwise. 

Please do not reply without reading, attentively ! ;)

Once more...Trench has posted about staying a long time - working ..

It is QUITE possible to get a work visa invitation for £750 - one can then stay for the duration of the visa - I haven't done it - but I have heard of those who do

As for business visas I am correct.  Duration is 90 days or 1 year. I didn't mention the 90/180 for the 1 yr because Trench won't even be there that long.  If it's a work visa it can be continuous.  I've gotten both work and business visas so I know.  You just misread as usual and think you know everything.

Incorrect - You really need to follow your own advice re reading. You must be glossing over Trench's meanderings

As you do not believe what I have told you - I'll refer you to this link from a respected UK VISA facilitator

http://realrussia.co.uk/Visas/Russian/Business

"Russian business visas allow for a single, double or multiple visits and may be valid from one to twelve months."

Please bear in mind I KNOW because I've been doing this for nearly as many years as you have been on the face of the earth  :cluebat:

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #802 on: March 04, 2018, 06:45:28 AM »

It is QUITE possible to get a work visa invitation for £750 - one can then stay for the duration of the visa - I haven't done it - but I have heard of those who do

Incorrect -

As you do not believe what I have told you - I'll refer you to this link from a respected UK VISA facilitator

"Russian business visas allow for a single, double or multiple visits and may be valid from one to twelve months."

Please bear in mind I KNOW because I've been doing this for nearly as many years as you have been on the face of the earth  :cluebat:

Dude just shut up man you are getting annoying.  I don't know why it doesn't block your posts if you quote but in any case i'm just gonna ignore them.  Trench talks about starting a photography business to get girls. You believe him when he says he's gonna work in Russia? haha.
UK visas could be different from Canadian ones. 

Have you gotten a work visa to Russia?  I have.  What you are suggesting is actually illegal. 

How old exactly are you?  You haven't a damn clue how old I am.  "YOU KNOW EVERYTHING" HUH.. just shut up.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:47:47 AM by Sting23 »

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #803 on: March 04, 2018, 06:47:01 AM »

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #804 on: March 04, 2018, 06:57:06 AM »
Can someone quote me as Sting23 is spouting bollox about the types of Visas UK folks can have and their limitations

IF a UK citizen has a work visa - the length of stay IS the visa length ...

Indeed, in the case of a biz visa - ( year) it's 90 /180 days

You got such a big ego that you purposely asked someone to quote you so that I could see your post even though I have you on ignore. Get a life man.  Humble yourself and admit that you are wrong Mr. "I KNOW IT ALL". 

Offline msmob

« Reply #805 on: March 04, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »

UK visas could be different from Canadian ones. 

sighs.. the penny drops ... Was that your 'apology' ?

Have you gotten a work visa to Russia?  I have.  What you are suggesting is actually illegal. 

Once again, you demonstrate your laziness - re reading ... 

"It is QUITE possible to get a work visa invitation for £750 - one can then stay for the duration of the visa - I haven't done it - but I have heard of those who do "

You got such a big ego that you purposely asked someone to quote you so that I could see your post even though I have you on ignore.

Clearly, it IS too hard for you to admit you posted nonsense re UK folk and their options re RU Visas.. and *I* should shut up ? ;)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #806 on: March 04, 2018, 09:04:20 AM »

What you're suggesting of staying for the duration of the visa is illegal to what website you provided says. "All nationalities are restricted to a maximum of 90 days in a 180 day period when using a multiple entry visa." 6 to 12 months visas  are the only multiple entry visas UK citizens can buy. Can't stay the duration of the visa when on can stay only 90 day in a 180 day period. I'd trust the website over people you heard it from. They may have been drunk or feeding you BS so you can try it and get in trouble.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #807 on: March 04, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »

Once again, you demonstrate your laziness - re reading ... 

"It is QUITE possible to get a work visa invitation for £750 - one can then stay for the duration of the visa - I haven't done it - but I have heard of those who do "

Clearly, it IS too hard for you to admit you posted nonsense re UK folk and their options re RU Visas.. and *I* should shut up ? ;)

Dude, do you not GET the HINT. I don't wanna talk to you. I put you on ignore.  Is your skull so dense that you CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.

I just checked UK vs Can.  Save for the fact UK ppl can get a 6 month multiple entry everything else is EXACTLY the same.  3 month or 1 year.
What nonsense you daft sucka?  What I wrote is correct, you are wrong.

If Trench wants to get a visa he's a big boy and can do it himself. 

You don't get it, I don't wanna read what you wrote.  Stop telling other people to quote your posts.  You wasting my time again, just stop.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #808 on: March 04, 2018, 04:43:10 PM »
 "[/b]

BTW, you owe me an apology.  You were wrong about the visas.  I'm waiting. 

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #809 on: March 04, 2018, 05:04:34 PM »
Dude, do you not GET the HINT. I don't wanna talk to you. I put you on ignore.  Is your skull so dense that you CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT.

Yet here you are, responding to him.

You can't control what someone else posts, only your responses.  I suggest removing moby from ignore in your settings, then again adding him to your ignore list.  It may not work, but it might.  If it doesn't, no one is compelling you to read moby's posts, let alone respond to them.
I just checked UK vs Can.  Save for the fact UK ppl can get a 6 month multiple entry everything else is EXACTLY the same.  3 month or 1 year.
What nonsense you daft sucka?  What I wrote is correct, you are wrong.

I don't think what moby is saying contradicts what you stated.  There are two types of visas here, a business visa, and a work visa.  On a one year business visa, you can be in Russia for up to 90 days, then out 90 days, and then you can come back for 90 days (That is the 90/180 rule referred to).  Some people have gotten around this by obtaining a 90 business day visa, leaving the country, and applying for another 90 day visa within the 180 day time frame. 

To obtain a business visa, you don't need to find someone in Russia to sponsor it, visa processing companies will do that for you.

If you apply for a work visa in Russia, you can remain in Russia continuously for 1 to 3 years.  That visa requires the Russian employer to provide information.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #810 on: March 04, 2018, 05:21:12 PM »
I put him on ignore for that express purpose, to not read it....maybe the forum has a glitch where if you quote someone's post you see it regardless.

And what does it say about him that he deliberately asked someone to quote his post so that I could see it, knowing full well I have him on ignore. 

In any case people looking for visa advice certainly shouldn't be coming here.  They need to go to a visa agency or Russian consulate in their country.

There's a reason moby has been banned here several times.  He acts like a petulant child.  He needs to just chill out.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #811 on: March 04, 2018, 05:22:12 PM »
His banning was never based on what he posted.  Furthermore, the administrators have restored his ability to post, so how is his previously (reversed) banning relevant today?

Even if moby is quoted, you have the ability to ignore his posts by not responding.

I don't think his being quoted has any effect on you seeing his posts if he is on your ignore list.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:26:45 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #812 on: March 04, 2018, 05:28:31 PM »
moby never has applied for and gotten a work visa in Russia.  I have just last year.  I know the process.  What he is suggesting is actually illegal, there are companies who offer "work visas" not tied to one specific company.  So you can basically freelance.  But you need to pay much more.

And there's tons of expats working in Moscow like that. Americans who have a 3 year tourist visa working full time, I knew several.  Guys doing visa runs every 3 months like you said.  I reckon many teachers in Moscow aren't there "legally".

Remember this is Russia.  Money talks, if you pay you can get what you want. 

moby knows nothing about this.  He's never worked in Russia.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #813 on: March 04, 2018, 05:33:08 PM »
His banning was never based on what he posted.  Furthermore, the administrators have restored his ability to post, so how is his previously (reversed) banning relevant today?

Even if moby is quoted, you have the ability to ignore his posts by not responding.

I don't think his being quoted has any effect on you seeing his posts if he is on your ignore list.

No it's a glitch.  If he just posts normally with no quotes I see nothing.  If however someone else quotes his post and replies, then I can read the post as a quote.

I don't know what he was banned for, he just seems to cause trouble.

If someone said you were "spouting nonsense"  you would reply too.  Everything I said about visas was correct.  He just can't read properly.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #814 on: March 04, 2018, 05:34:52 PM »
He wasn't referring to a work visa, though.   He was referring to a business visa, hence, the reference to the 90/180 rule, and the fact you don't need to find a Russian employer to sponsor you.

If someone said you were "spouting nonsense"  you would reply too.  Everything I said about visas was correct.  He just can't read properly.

1.  I don't have anyone on ignore.
2.  Depends on who it is.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:36:54 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #815 on: March 04, 2018, 05:36:01 PM »
No it's a glitch.  If he just posts normally with no quotes I see nothing.  If however someone else quotes his post and replies, then I can read the post as a quote.

That's not a glitch.  The reason you can see it is because it's been quoted by a poster you don't have on ignore.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #816 on: March 04, 2018, 05:41:08 PM »
True you don't need a sponsor for a business visa but you still need a letter of invitation from a company.  And just getting it through a visa agency doesn't guarantee you get it.  I have been denied and approved for visas via agencies.

So it's not just a matter of applying but also the host company's reputation.  In any case people applying for visas aren't coming here looking for advice.  So why moby is all up in arms I have no clue.  He makes a mountain out of every molehill if you look at how he replies to everyone's posts.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 06:16:24 PM by Sting23 »

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #817 on: March 04, 2018, 05:43:16 PM »
this was about Trench and if he would ever get a long term visa for Russia.  It's a moot point as I doubt Trench would even follow through.  It takes him a year to do a 1 week trip to Ukraine.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #818 on: March 04, 2018, 05:45:08 PM »
True you don't need a sponsor for a business visa but you still need a letter of invitation from a company.  And just getting it through a visa agency doesn't guarantee you get it.  I was denied a business visa when I applied through an agency.  No reason given.  Yet I was able to get a work visa later on through a sponsor.

So it's not just a matter of applying but also the host company's reputation.  In any case people applying for visas aren't coming here looking for advice.  So why moby is all up in arms I have no clue.  He makes a mountain out of every molehill if you look at how he replies to everyone's posts.

Actually, people often ask for visa advice here, and the company to work through is often cited as a critical factor.

As for Trench, he made two trips to Ukraine in less than a year, so that is a bit unfair.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #819 on: March 04, 2018, 06:02:25 PM »
...End of the day I am not going to live there permanently just so long as the woman thinks I am there relatively long term so as to do away with any notion of a quick import into the UK.

Like I wrote above - scammer.  :puke: You're as bad as the women you criticise.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #820 on: March 04, 2018, 06:26:41 PM »
...girls don't go for intelligence here, not in the main, its no fun and the girls want to have fun. They want to be at the centre of the party not in debates about this or that - hell you even mention the word 'debate' and you'll get them run faster then any Olympic athlete, lol.

I know at least to tone down or shut off any such talk when out and about in public, I know that word spreads and gets back to girls to give you a wide berth if you talk about intellectual claptrap. Even still, I am no party goer, those guys that are the centre of the party always get the pick of the best chicks in the UK.

By your own admission you are nearly 40.  Why are you back chasing "girls who want to have fun?"  You make it sound like your original posts, where you want teenagers or those in their early twenties who ONLY want fun, rather than women closer to your own age (early 30s, maybe late 20s at a stretch) that you have been talking about more recently.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #821 on: March 04, 2018, 11:48:34 PM »
By your own admission you are nearly 40.  Why are you back chasing "girls who want to have fun?"  You make it sound like your original posts, where you want teenagers or those in their early twenties who ONLY want fun, rather than women closer to your own age (early 30s, maybe late 20s at a stretch) that you have been talking about more recently.

Trench wants a docile, compliant woman who won't leave him for another man once she goes to his country.  In that case he might as well get a dog!!

The blunt truth is he's probably not attractive enough physically, emotionally, intellectually for most women.  He always bemoans his local UK woman, can't get a date there.  And I think the ones he met in Ukraine used him to buy them things. 

He won't take action to do a trip, crying about the cold weather.  Won't message girls or try to Skype them.  Yet has the time to post rambling stuff that could fill a book.

He couldn't be bothered to learn the local cultures of FSU countires nor their languages.

At some point he needs to give it up or take a cold hard look in the mirror and change things if he's to have any success. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #822 on: March 05, 2018, 12:36:17 AM »

What you're suggesting ..

No.. I suggested no such thing ..I am telling you - READ - before posting daft ..

You are a US chap - no recent visits to Russia - telling a Brit - who knows Russia (FAR better than you )  and is not long back - about UK visas for Russia  ? :)

Dude, do you not GET the HINT. I don't wanna talk to you.

Sting23- I am not talking to you - I'm pointing out that your info was/ is duff 

To others:

Now, who do you think would know, better?

Hardly a Canadian 'lecturing' a frequent RU Visa holder - sourced as a UK citizen... 

Sting23: I'd never put you on ignore - lest you keep on giving out seriously daft info re travelling to the FSU

« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 12:38:16 AM by msmob »

Offline msmob

« Reply #823 on: March 05, 2018, 12:41:34 AM »

The blunt truth is he's probably not attractive enough physically

???  and that isn't being petulant ?

I have no idea whether Trench is physically 'attractive' or not - and I'm sure you've not seen how he looks.

Let's keep the harsh comments to some the stuff he writes - ( with reasoned ripostes)  rather than how he MIGHT look, eh ?

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #824 on: March 05, 2018, 01:49:25 AM »
No.. I suggested no such thing ..I am telling you - READ - before posting daft ..

You are a US chap - no recent visits to Russia - telling a Brit - who knows Russia (FAR better than you )  and is not long back - about UK visas for Russia  ? :)

Sting23- I am not talking to you - I'm pointing out that your info was/ is duff 

To others:

Now, who do you think would know, better?

Hardly a Canadian 'lecturing' a frequent RU Visa holder - sourced as a UK citizen... 

Sting23: I'd never put you on ignore - lest you keep on giving out seriously daft info re travelling to the FSU

moby your problem is you think you know everything, "TELLING" others..haha.  Get a life dude.  My info was correct.  If you don't believe it that's your problem. 

You ain't the only one who's gotten a Russian visa before.  And you have never worked in Russia on a proper work visa.  I have.  I've done interviews with many schools and gone through the process, from letter of invitation to application.  Pretty sure I know more about getting a job in Russia than you do.  Besides I thought you were from Ireland not the UK.  Or are they one and the same now?   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541430
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 2043
Total: 2051

+-Recent Posts

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat