It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 316098 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #1150 on: July 17, 2020, 11:44:41 PM »
I didn't check if this is viewable outside the UK, but it seems to make it very clear why that the USA took it's foot off the gas, too soon..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-us-canada-53423637/coronavirus-us-v-other-countries-did-it-mess-up-its-reopening

"Coronavirus: US v other countries... did it mess up its reopening?
While European countries have managed to keep new infections at bay, by the time most Americans had emerged from lockdown restrictions, a second surge in cases was already under way.

Were the requirements met to safely reopen and how much testing was actually being done?"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 02:45:53 AM by msmob »

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1151 on: July 18, 2020, 12:45:23 AM »
Moby,

Other than NY and a couple of other places maybe, there was no intent to beat the virus.  Efforts were only to keep the hospitals from getting overloaded.  By reopening from limited measures we see the effects, the virus turned loose, hospitals filling and more deaths.

It is still the first wave, unleashed... that few places have under any semblance of control.  By the time a city, county or state experiences growth in infections it is far too late to 'control' without drastic containment measures.

Misplaced priorities IMHO that only extend troubles and impede recovery.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1152 on: July 18, 2020, 06:05:05 AM »
America should be averaging 52,000 deaths from all causes at this time of year. We are averaging less than that even with COVID-19 raging. Why? Because we changed our behavior by being less active, engaging in social distancing and taking extra steps protecting the elderly, we have less deaths from injuries and other illnesses. Save this chart below.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths.htm#dashboard

Hola!   I viewed the chart, and unless I'm mistaken the US is averaging much more than the baseline death rate for the past couple months.  In the last week it seemed to settle down but then I read that it takes a couple weeks to update so that number will also do nothing but rise.    Based on this particular chart, it seems the overall death rate has increased in recent months. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1153 on: July 18, 2020, 08:03:47 AM »
Hola!   I viewed the chart, and unless I'm mistaken the US is averaging much more than the baseline death rate for the past couple months.  In the last week it seemed to settle down but then I read that it takes a couple weeks to update so that number will also do nothing but rise.    Based on this particular chart, it seems the overall death rate has increased in recent months. 

Fathertime!

Last few months is when NY and surrounding States were on fire. But the current trend is going downward and we are now below the threshold for what should be a normal amount of deaths.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1154 on: July 18, 2020, 09:25:25 AM »
Is Billy is trying  to say.. that in the USA,  it's 'OK' to have a rolling 7 day death rate:

nearly double that of Sweden and the UK ..

7 times that of Canada

10 times that of Italy

50 times that of Germany

100 times that of S.Korea...

'OK'..

http://ourworldindata.org/grapher/daily-covid-deaths-per-million-7-day-average?country=ITA~USA~GBR~KOR~CAN~DEU~SWE ( as of 18th July,2020)

Offline BC

« Reply #1155 on: July 18, 2020, 09:45:25 AM »
What Billy wants to believe is another model that can, and will change in the future until actual figures are in sometime down the road.  As such, the farther back one looks on the chart the more accurate it should be.

IOW chasing a mirage of 'all's well'.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1156 on: July 18, 2020, 10:29:37 AM »

Some of you guys want to focus on COVID-19 without factoring anything else important in life. Trump does factor other important things to run this country. If you don't think less deaths across the board are happening because doing less activity, stopping visits to old folks home, and practicing social distancing which translates to less injury, illness and death, please explain why. It's common sense.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

« Reply #1157 on: July 18, 2020, 10:45:11 AM »
BillyB,

As much as you want to try, you can't rationalize Covid away.

Next time you get in your car, don't belt up.  After all, for this week the chart did not show any excess deaths.  In fact it shows no deaths at all.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1158 on: July 18, 2020, 10:52:26 AM »
As much as you want to try, you can't rationalize Covid away.

You are rationalizing every other important thing in life away by wanting to run the country based only by what COVID-19 does.

Offline BC

« Reply #1159 on: July 18, 2020, 12:24:07 PM »
No Billy,

In Italy, 14 people died today from Covid 50 are in ICU and hospitals are quiet. Life is pretty much normal and businesses are recovering there are no lockdowns, no beaches closed, restaraunts and bars are open and the risk of getting infected very low..

How many will die in the US today, how many are in ICU and why are hospitals very busy? Is life normal and are businesses recovering when many are having to shut down a second time because the risk of infection is so high?

For the average resident in Italy, chances of getting infected today are 1 in a quarter million.  The US 1 in 5000.

Now tell me which country is having to rationalize as justification for the way they are handling Covid. 

It's really that simple Billy.  Face reality for a change.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1160 on: July 18, 2020, 05:11:52 PM »
GQB,
Why do you repeat fibs you've already been busted for ? I NEVER said "you'd 'choke'" .. I DID say you might suffer breathing difficulties with prolonged use and published an article by a US doctor that demonstrated that I was wrong ..She wore hers all day ...not comfortable, but oxygen levels remained fine. ..

Lie No. 1

Unless you're senile, after BillyB stated his wife was going shopping and took N95 mask with her, you posted a caution to stop her because she’d choke after 30 minutes of use. The US doctor article you posted was more recent. These two postings are almost 2 months apart. Ask BillyB if you are senile, you slime.

This is now the THIRD time I've corrected your lying...   I suspect this may be because you're butt-hurt re the efficacy of HCQ re treating COVID-19 patients... FAIL

Lie No. 2

Just because you ignore what’s being given to you doesn’t mean it didn’t exist. Here it is again.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

Like I said: Contact page baby! http://www.henryford.com/about/contact 

Challenge them worm! Tell them you hang out with the greatest medical minds and Google. Tell them their report is bogus...you're not impressing anyone here.

Your constant need to make stuff up to 'support' your 'contentions' is telling
The Guardian is not a 'rag'..  It has a left of centre editorial, but carries stories that embarrass the left, too.

:ROFL:

Yeah, did you also know CNN's slogan is *The Most Trusted Name in News*? Like CNN, the Guardian is a rag...
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 05:42:54 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1161 on: July 18, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »
For the average resident in Italy, chances of getting infected today are 1 in a quarter million.  The US 1 in 5000.

HOLY SMOKES! You've found the chalice where mankind had failed before. Must be so cool to be so absolute in your statement!

Extracting almost a quarter of a million confirmed cases, this leaves Italy's population at roughly 59 million, 750 thousands who apparently is not 'yet' infected. So one every 249,999 can and/or will be infected. WOW! You said that with a straight facial post, too. Absolutely amazing. (:::::We'll ignore that just today Italy actually got 249 new cases, ok? I won't tell anyone if you don't::::)

According to you then, Italy will, or may, suffer another 239 infections, or less, from today forward. From a novel virus with no known cure at this time, I just want to say, WOW! How'd you know for certain? Let me guess, CNN?

Man...if BS was a rock, this one is so huge it'll cast shadow before impact. You gotta love the internet, man. Absolutely amazing things you see.

Now tell me which country is having to rationalize as justification for the way they are handling Covid. 
LMAO. Since it's YOU who is asking, I'll guess...I think you'll say, USA. Why? Let me guess again, because it's Trump's fault and we're leaderless. Am I at least warm?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2020, 06:16:05 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1162 on: July 18, 2020, 10:16:09 PM »

Unless you're senile, after BillyB stated his wife was going shopping and took N95 mask with her, you posted a caution to stop her because she’d choke after 30 minutes of use. The US doctor article you posted was more recent. These two postings are almost 2 months apart. Ask BillyB if you are senile, you slime.

Busted for repeatedly being a FIBBER... #1

You and Billy, don't know how to use the search facility ?

Evidence of putting words in other's mouth ..exhibit A:  You use BillyB's quote .. not my words

I suppose, you'll believe I 'hacked' the forum rather than admit your FAIL

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24406.msg537658#msg537658

Searching under choking or choke and mask will find only BillyB and your posts .....  :cluebat:

Lie No. 2

Just because you ignore what’s being given to you doesn’t mean it didn’t exist. Here it is again.

Treatment with Hydroxychloroquine Cut Death Rate Significantly in COVID-19 Patients, Henry Ford Health System Study Shows

Like I said: Contact page baby! http://www.henryford.com/about/contact 

Challenge them worm! Tell them you hang out with the greatest medical minds and Google. Tell them their report is bogus...you're not impressing anyone here.

:ROFL:

You have already had several posters point out that the OVERWHELMING feeling in the clinical trial community is that HCQ DOES NOT offer any benefit in fighting COVID-19...  At least those really needing it can find it easier now and the price fell back :popcorn:

Yeah, did you also know CNN's slogan is *The Most Trusted Name in News*? Like CNN, the Guardian is a rag...

I see further education is necessary..

'Rag' derives from 'Scandal Rag' .. A Tabloid newspaper that sensationalises news.  More interested in People gossip that actual News..

'Thanks'  but as you've just proved ..with your 'evidence' ... you're not the most discerning reader ..

Offline BC

« Reply #1163 on: July 19, 2020, 12:49:09 AM »

According to you then, Italy will, or may, suffer another 239 infections, or less, from today forward. From a novel virus with no known cure at this time, I just want to say, WOW! How'd you know for certain? Let me guess, CNN?

Man...if BS was a rock, this one is so huge it'll cast shadow before impact. You gotta love the internet, man. Absolutely amazing things you see.
LMAO. Since it's YOU who is asking, I'll guess...I think you'll say, USA. Why? Let me guess again, because it's Trump's fault and we're leaderless. Am I at least warm?

GQ, Again, your thought processes get blinded by CNN and whatever else bothers you.  If you would have considered my post as one of those word problems in elementary school, you would have noted the frequent use of the word 'today'.  Nothing in my post is based on what was seen/read on CNN aside from the daily number of infections and deaths which are reported on just about every TV news channel including FOX.  Maybe even your blinding fav ONN.  Use your noggin dude.

to·day
/təˈdā/

adverb
on or in the course of this present day.

There... that should help you figure it out.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1164 on: July 19, 2020, 06:06:20 AM »

You and Billy, don't know how to use the search facility ?

Evidence of putting words in other's mouth ..exhibit A:  You use BillyB's quote .. not my words

I suppose, you'll believe I 'hacked' the forum rather than admit your FAIL

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=24406.msg537658#msg537658

Searching under choking or choke and mask will find only BillyB and your posts .....

I'm not senile, worm. I neither need or rely on the search function on this site as there's been way too much deletion of posts that had gone on here. That fact has undeniably been established. Matter of fact, I have a few screen shots available of posts being deleted.

As for the subject at hand, the fact you actually married two different postings that are two months apart have now validated your current senility. I wasn't fully convinced you hacked the site although did state I wouldn't put it past you for the simple reason you possess the type of character to do so. But as one poster clearly spelled out, you don't have the cerebral capacity to execute anything remotely close to doing such.
You have already had several posters point out that the OVERWHELMING feeling in the clinical trial community is that HCQ DOES NOT offer any benefit in fighting COVID-19...  At least those really needing it can find it easier now and the price fell back :popcorn:

Predictable. *several posters pointing out Overwhelming feelings*? What and who the heck are these posters besides you again? LMAO.

Ignore and deflect what's given you just for the benefit of continuing your silly mindless tirade. I provided the contact page, man. File a complaint that the Henry Ford health institution had filed an erroneous study to mislead the public at large. It's their study not mine. Impress their epidemiologists how schooled you are about HCQ and tell them they're full of sh!t.  I, for one, will be anxiously waiting for the result on that. In the midst of it, tell them too that N95 mask will choke people after 30 minutes of use. They'll love that...

I see further education is necessary..

'Rag' derives from 'Scandal Rag' .. A Tabloid newspaper that sensationalises news.  More interested in People gossip that actual News..

'Thanks'  but as you've just proved ..with your 'evidence' ... you're not the most discerning reader ..

'Rag' is a purveyor of fake, heavily slanted, partizan medium. Guardian, like CNN, is exactly that. I'm glad for the opportunity of edookating you once more. It's not surprising you heavily rely on their opinion articles.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1165 on: July 19, 2020, 06:07:37 AM »
Last few months is when NY and surrounding States were on fire. But the current trend is going downward and we are now below the threshold for what should be a normal amount of deaths.
The Chart is showing more deaths than normal, except for the past 2 weeks, but it is stated the chart takes between 1-8 weeks to update all deaths.   

It also seems that prior to the epidemic the death rate was below the 52,000 for a long time. 

All in all, at least in the recent months it does appear that there are more deaths overall than the historical average, which shouldn't be surprising. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1166 on: July 19, 2020, 06:07:51 AM »
GQ, Again, your thought processes get blinded by CNN and whatever else bothers you.  If you would have considered my post as one of those word problems in elementary school, you would have noted the frequent use of the word 'today'.  Nothing in my post is based on what was seen/read on CNN aside from the daily number of infections and deaths which are reported on just about every TV news channel including FOX.  Maybe even your blinding fav ONN.  Use your noggin dude.

to·day
/təˈdā/

adverb
on or in the course of this present day.

There... that should help you figure it out.

*TODAY* BC, Italy had barely tested 10% of their population. I am most certain Italy doesn't know how many cases, (asymptomatic/symptomatic) there are, with equal absolution as you, beyond known cases for the very simple reason they haven't yet been tested.

Have you told them you're all knowing and that you've already determined this number with total absolution? I am certain they'll be very happy to know this as this will be an immensely critical information they can certainly use. Tell them too that this is just one aspect of your power. Tell them you also know, with same total absolution, exactly what's going on in any country you haven't been to, or live in, more so than the people actually living there at any given time. Hell, maybe you already have the cure and/or vaccine on hand? You don't say....

Just don't forget to credit CNN for that power of yours...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 06:16:38 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Gator

« Reply #1167 on: July 19, 2020, 06:09:33 AM »

Fib - definition:  an unimportant lie

I don't know about GQ's "fibbing."   It seems more like a scientific dispute based on evolving data, yet heightened because it became political in this intensely political era.   

Lie - definition:  a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive

We do know you are a  LIAR, a BIG LIAR.    Its hilarious watching you try to finagle out of your lie.   Each time, digging deeper hole.  Each time, it gives less credence about anything you have posted, making your version of past conflicts, such as Maxx, unbelievable.   

You are in no position to call someone a fibber.  I suggest you cease.     

Offline BC

« Reply #1168 on: July 19, 2020, 06:34:11 AM »
Proof is in the pudding GQ.

Positivity rate Italy yesterday .5%  what's ours?  Italy plugs along at steady 50k tests per day which is a quite reasonable 'maintenance' rate to detect and put out any little flareups. Testing can always be increased if the positivity rate justifies doing so.

You can pick any measure you want GQ, we're getting out butt kicked in the US.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1169 on: July 19, 2020, 07:24:01 AM »
Proof is in the pudding GQ.

Positivity rate Italy yesterday .5%  what's ours?  Italy plugs along at steady 50k tests per day which is a quite reasonable 'maintenance' rate to detect and put out any little flareups. Testing can always be increased if the positivity rate justifies doing so.

You can pick any measure you want GQ, we're getting out butt kicked in the US.

Is this silly graph a deliberate attempt to compare apples to oranges in your pursuit to obfuscate, BC? Do you really 'see' the comparative rationale in the US v Italy? Or have you intentionally dispensed with the 'relativity' principle just to advance your politically-driven drivel?

Once again, how have you equated and arrived with absolution, that it'll take a quarter of a million people for one person to be infected without remotely having an idea exactly how many actually have, or do not have, the virus? By the daily tests results conducted at less than 1% of Italy's population? Is it within the realm of possibility right now that Italy actually have 40% of its population asymptomatically infected already? US, too?

You cannot be this intentionally silly, or patently obtuse, to wholly base your *absolution* of an ongoing and daily process riveted by so many uncertainties.

Take a breather, BC. The election is forthcoming in roughly 150 more days. You've unraveled enough these past 3.5 years.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 07:27:08 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BC

« Reply #1170 on: July 19, 2020, 08:11:15 AM »
Oh no worries GQ, the exact same argument you pose in defense applies to the US as well, and is simply another discourse fallacy argumentum ad ignorantiam
).

Fortunately, science dictates otherwise as well as low numbers in hospital ICU's and mortuaries in Italy.  Or does your hypothesis include Italians having acquired immunity to the effects of the virus or that the number of tests performed is not statistically relevant?

Defending the indefensible is a slippery slope. Better just to accept we're either not up to the task or simply don't care.  Which will it be?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1171 on: July 19, 2020, 09:43:32 AM »
Defending the indefensible is a slippery slope. Better just to accept we're either not up to the task or simply don't care.  Which will it be?

Italy had to borrow money to get through this crisis. America loaned money to other countries to get through their crisis. America will be fine. So...to get off this slippery slope you think we're on, what do you think Biden will do differently than Trump? Will he surround Democratically led cities with the military if they let infections get out of control? Will he take control over governors instead of letting them make their own decisions? Will he create and enforce a national mask mandate? What are Biden's positions?

Searching under choking or choke and mask will find only BillyB and your posts .....  :cluebat:

You actually said something worse. How many you know died from wearing a mask? From the coronavirus how it's affecting you thread post #1795 on: April 03, 2020

"I also suggested wearing a mask is pretty pointless - if you're a member of the public, shopping ...

Surgical masks ..within 6 mins are useless ..if your authorities tell you that you've got to wear one, you've not got much choice .. but it's DUMB

OK, got a filter mask .. 'Great' ..you can succumb to asphyxiation".. :wallbash:

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1172 on: July 19, 2020, 09:54:24 AM »
Oh no worries GQ, the exact same argument you pose in defense applies to the US as well, and is simply another discourse fallacy argumentum ad ignorantiam
).

Fortunately, science dictates otherwise as well as low numbers in hospital ICU's and mortuaries in Italy.  Or does your hypothesis include Italians having acquired immunity to the effects of the virus or that the number of tests performed is not statistically relevant?

In your blind obsession, you actually failed to note, which is not surprising, that I haven't taken a stance to 'defend' anything US, nor have i taken a shot at anything 'Italy'. All I asked of you is a semblance of sense in your wayward quantitative assertion. Science, at this time, is inconclusive by virtue of absence of any definitive, static findings. For you to rely on such an unproven, yet ongoing, science as a source of your silly absolution is comical to say the least.

You are drunk with anxiety and despair regarding anything to do under this current administration, I get that. Best plan how life will be like for you if come November things go wayward to that which you aspire it to be these last 4 years. Seeing you behave the way you do, may you find sanity and the least resistant way forward if things don't go your way again.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 09:58:20 AM by GQBlues »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1173 on: July 19, 2020, 09:56:30 AM »
The Chart is showing more deaths than normal, except for the past 2 weeks, but it is stated the chart takes between 1-8 weeks to update all deaths.   

It also seems that prior to the epidemic the death rate was below the 52,000 for a long time. 

All in all, at least in the recent months it does appear that there are more deaths overall than the historical average, which shouldn't be surprising. 

Fathertime!

I've watched that CDC chart for a month. There won't be much added deaths to what you're seeing now. Even with increased deaths from suicides and COVID-19, we are saving lives elsewhere and the last couple of weeks are showing there are less lives lost that what is normally expected for this time of year. Save the page and look at it every week.

Offline BC

« Reply #1174 on: July 19, 2020, 10:51:33 AM »
You are drunk with anxiety and despair regarding anything to do under this current administration, I get that. Best plan how life will be like for you if come November things go wayward to that which you aspire it to be these last 4 years. Seeing you behave the way you do, may you find sanity and the least resistant way forward if things don't go your way again.

Did I mention elections or you in these last exchanges?  No matter.  Anxiety and despair? That's a riot. If we don't agree that's fine and we can leave it at that.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541430
Total Topics: 20863
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 2041
Total: 2050

+-Recent Posts

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Today at 11:21:59 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:13:26 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by Trenchcoat
Today at 08:03:37 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by krimster2
Today at 08:03:06 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Today at 05:45:25 AM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat