It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: hotel refunds  (Read 24638 times)

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: hotel refunds
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2010, 02:21:48 PM »
There are a number of questions that have been asked that the OP chose to not respond to. Answers to those questions could shine quite a bit of light on this particular instance. The information he did provide looks to be the old gal is playing him.

If she paid $579 bucks on his behalf, that of a stranger then in my mind that would make her the fool.

He never stated any info about his flight, ticket or any other travel info despite being asked.

He never stated where he found this woman despite being asked.

He never stated the tone of their communications despite being asked.

He's intentionally leaving information out despite making some other posts in the same thread.

A sinus infection, and I've had them of many shapes, durations ect., you name it, I've had it. None that I've had would cause me to cancel such a trip.

Even with all the lack of information and the OP coming off as looking like he lost his big boy panties, I still think the woman is playing him and attempting to milk him for a few bucks. Obviously he comes off as an easy mark. She probably isn't a scammer but, she's no saint either.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »
Faux Pas, do you think we should also ask for his medical records?  ;D

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #52 on: August 18, 2010, 02:31:41 PM »
Faux Pas, do you think we should also ask for his medical records?  ;D

Olga, heh heh. There's really nothing in those questions that are of a personal nature IMO. He was the one who asked the question, one might assume, for a truthful answer. There can no honest answer without honest information and disclosure. Put poop in, get poop out kind of thing. The information he did disclose makes them both look errr "flakey" IMO  ;D

Offline SMS60

« Reply #53 on: August 18, 2010, 02:40:39 PM »
GQ, my husband said this is a scam.  He said she was cutting her losses.

Who cares................. Not a scam........ but she was cutting her losses from a keyboard romeo.
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #54 on: August 18, 2010, 02:43:36 PM »
Faux Pas, I just see that some members try to make "something bigger" of his simple question and situation  :D

« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 02:46:10 PM by OlgaH »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2010, 02:46:57 PM »
Faux Pas, I just see that some members try to make "something bigger" of his simple question  :D

It's the nature of the beast. Everyone is trying to give him an honest answer even though many conflict. The OP could likely had a better consensus if he would provide more information. Dont'cha think?

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »
It's the nature of the beast.

Digging for a poop and make a big pile of it? Yes, some most likely enjoy it  ;D

I think he gave enough information and answered enough question. Your mileage may vary and it is fine with me.  :)

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2010, 03:47:13 PM »
OK now it's time for my take (as if we need yet another opinion on this).

The OP came here for advice and got it in spades. The overwhelming consensus is that he shouldn't send her the money.

The chances are that she was sincere, at least until he canceled, because that's a huge amount of time to invest in a potential relationship.
She may well have felt scorned and wanted to take some kind of revenge to get even.

If she had planned to scam all along (unlikely), then the scam part would have had to take place once he had arrived in Ukraine, as she had no way of knowing he would cancel the last minute.

It would be interesting to know the ages of her kids and who was to care for them while she was away.

As far as GQBlues' request for a scan of the OP's plane ticket is concerned, what's the point?

I had thought of the ticket too, but not the way you have.

I was going to ask the OP how much money he lost due to canceling his ticket, just out of curiosity.

Why should he prove to you that he indeed bought his ticket? What would that accomplish?
He either did buy his ticket or he didn't.

If he didn't buy his ticket, why on earth would he come here asking whether or not to send her the money? Does that make sense?
Not buying his ticket means he had no intentions of ever going (sick or not).
It would mean he was playing a big game with her, from the get go. If HE was playing a game with HER, then why would he send her money now???

Think about it.

F.P.
>A sinus infection, and I've had them of many shapes, durations ect., you name it, I've had it. None that I've had would cause me to cancel such a trip.<

I have a sinus infection at the moment. It came on the heels of a cold. It's been more than 6 weeks and it still hasn't cleared up. I would not travel anywhere with this. It's not painful, but it drains the life out of you.

Olga
>Faux Pas, I just see that some members try to make "something bigger" of his simple question and situation<

It's been kind of slow here lately. This is the type of post that brings life back to the forum. :)

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2010, 04:01:55 PM »

If he didn't buy his ticket, why on earth would he come here asking whether or not to send her the money? Does that make sense?
Not buying his ticket means he had no intentions of ever going (sick or not).
It would mean he was playing a big game with her, from the get go. If HE was playing a game with HER, then why would he send her money now???

Think about it.

I did, probably much more than I should have. If he didn't buy a ticket he obviously had no plans of going. How do we know he bought a ticket? Apparently he didn't make any accommodations arrangements either. Add those two together and he obviously didn't plan on going. Sounds to me, like he was kicking her to the curb. Lack of information in these situations lends itself to posters and posts running wild with scenarios. It's what we do  :D

F.P.
>A sinus infection, and I've had them of many shapes, durations ect., you name it, I've had it. None that I've had would cause me to cancel such a trip.<

I have a sinus infection at the moment. It came on the heels of a cold. It's been more than 6 weeks and it still hasn't cleared up. I would not travel anywhere with this. It's not painful, but it drains the life out of you.

Ah ya big wuss.  :) Put the big boy panties on and go. I've had the most gawd-awfullest  (I think that's a word) sinus infections and and have suffered much worse than traveling to Ukraine. Yeah it makes one feel bad but, it isn't "usually" debilitating. I suspect "IF" he had long range plans to visit this lady, actually made arrangements to do so, a sinus infection wouldn't stop him. It wouldn't me and that is what I base my opinion on

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #59 on: August 18, 2010, 04:07:13 PM »
I suspect "IF" ...

That's right only suspicions and "if's" and of course unlimited imagination  ;D

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2010, 04:14:23 PM »
...If he didn't buy a ticket he obviously had no plans of going. How do we know he bought a ticket? Apparently he didn't make any accommodations arrangements either. Add those two together and he obviously didn't plan on going. Sounds to me, like he was kicking her to the curb.

Yes, IF he didn't buy a ticket and didn't make accommodation arrangements, then he didn't plan on going.
You know, we could pose these same hypotheticals on nearly every post to this site.
How many people prove every point they talk about in their posts?
As I recall, just one poster questioned the OP about his plane ticket (GQBlues).

Ah ya big wuss....Yeah it makes one feel bad but, it isn't "usually" debilitating. I suspect "IF" he had long range plans to visit this lady, actually made arrangements to do so, a sinus infection wouldn't stop him. It wouldn't me and that is what I base my opinion on

I was actually planning on making a trip this summer but have put it off because of this infection, so for me, it IS stopping me. (And no, I hadn't bought my ticket yet),
(and no, I will NOT prove that I have not bought my ticket!)   ;)

Offline Boethius

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2010, 04:17:42 PM »
We don't know the OP's medical condition, nor what his physician advised.  Flying when one has sinusitis can lead to serious complications.  Let's not speculate or insult the OP.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »
I've had the most gawd-awfullest  (I think that's a word) sinus infections and and have suffered much worse than traveling to Ukraine.

Honestly I would rather offer to choose another time for meeting than to see a man suffering from his sinus infection more over with fewer, bad breath and colored nasal dripping, especially during our first date  :o

If a man did not ask me to pay and more over told me that he would pay himself I would understand it as he arranged everything. It is not a rocket science.  :D But again your mileage may vary  :D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 04:37:59 PM by OlgaH »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #63 on: August 18, 2010, 04:36:39 PM »
I also would not like a sick person sitting next to me in the plane (10 hours flight  :o )  :-X

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #64 on: August 18, 2010, 04:40:27 PM »

I was actually planning on making a trip this summer but have put it off because of this infection, so for me, it IS stopping me. (And no, I hadn't bought my ticket yet),
(and no, I will NOT prove that I have not bought my ticket!)   ;)

Scamadaman!  :evil:
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2010, 04:41:01 PM »
I also would not like a sick person sitting next to me in the plane (10 hours flight  :o )  :-X

I don't suspect any of them would require your prior approval  ;D

Offline facetrock

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2010, 04:45:41 PM »
  The OP did say that he had been to Ukraine before. If thats true he doesnt qualify for pure keyboard romeo status. But he did talk to her for 7 months before commiting to travel. Plenty long for a woman to be pissed if he suddenly cancelled at the last second.
   I think there is alot  we dont know and its hard to condemn either one of them.
I never have been seated next to a sick person on an airline flight, just Sumo wrestlers :(

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2010, 04:48:44 PM »
I don't suspect any of them would require your prior approval  ;D

Yeah, some people with infections don't care at all  :-X  and an epidemic has its chance.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2010, 05:19:49 PM »

Think about it.

That was the point. If he never bought the tix, then he very likely didn't have the intention to go in the first place - OR - found out he was short on cash. If either IS true, then:

a) I'd rather challenge the sentiment the woman is a scammer simply because a man comes in here posting woeful, one-sided tale.

b) Damned good chance the story about him telling her not to pay for the apartment is BS, too.

and c) if so, then I'd rather not be a party in helping someone in that suit so they can go and find another unsuspecting woman to play with...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2010, 05:25:47 PM »
As for plugged-nosed, snot-nosed, phlegmed knights in white shining armor goes....airline companies do in fact discourage air travel when your nostril pipework is clogged up as apparently there's a good chance you may blow-out your eardrum due to pressure in airplanes.

Having you drip from your nose is not kosher, let alone have something bursting out of your ears, too.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »
That was the point. If ...

the point based on what? just on if's and suppositions? Second guesser's game. That's all. What is a reason to think that he is a bad guy? After all why he would need to come to the forum and ask the question?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2010, 05:35:17 PM »
Olga-

The OP was afforded a chance and was asked question relating to this silly story for the sake of clarification INSTEAD of demonizing another woman as being a scammer.  Is that really difficult for you to understand, or you're just being stubborn?

What is the reason to believe she's an evil, scamming woman?

You are taking the very same strides demonizing this woman as I am calling the OP a flake! Have that ever crossed your mind at all?

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2010, 05:36:43 PM »
Ahh! The "where are they now segment"...

"I want, people who do bad for me, after very much suffer..I want this..bad people need suffer.."  ... Anonymous Russian Philosopher Girl Who's Been Missing In Action For A While

I think we know where she might be now! Suffer you Last Minute Canceler!! Suffer!!  
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #73 on: August 18, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »
GQBlues,

The OP answered enough questions, at least as I see it.

How did they meet? Does it matter really? Obviously not in the bar or museum.

That's the problem when a new member comes to share his problem or dilemma the second guessers don't miss their chance to "demonize him "maybe he is smelling bad, maybe he is a  pervert, maybe he did something bad to her daughter, maybe he is a total jerk..."  

Demonizing a woman? Let's play a game maybe a girl who asking some money for her sick and dying mother is really a honest girl and you should send her some money?

What is the reason to believe she's an evil, scamming woman?

What is the reason not to believe if she just wants to take an advantage of situation. What is the reason to believe that she paid when she cannot afford a web-camera? Again we can make second guess and drag her daddy into the story  :D

BTW how can you be sure that she did not communicate with another 10 men during that 6 months or how can you be sure that he was scyping with the same girl all that time ;D

Web camera with microphone 130 hryvnias
http://buy-now.com.ua/category/web-camera/

$597 =  4710.33 hryvnias

Average salary (March 2010) - $242.84 (1,916hryvnias)

http://www.rbc.ua/rus/newsline/show/v_ukraine_srednyaya_zarplata_v_yanvare_2010_g_umenshilas_na_14_1_do_1_916_tys_grn_09032010
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 06:23:49 PM by OlgaH »

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #74 on: August 18, 2010, 05:59:29 PM »
"I want, people who do bad for me, after very much suffer..I want this..bad people need suffer.."  ... Anonymous Russian Philosopher Girl Who's Been Missing In Action For A While

Oh, yes, she showed herself alive on scype just once sitting in a cafe and now he must pay!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1900
Total: 1911

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM