It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Send Peacekeepers Into Donbas  (Read 21617 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Send Peacekeepers Into Donbas
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2015, 11:13:55 PM »

Belvis pretty much said what I would have said. 

Fathertime!

Could you just quote the post/s you 'agree' with ...
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2015, 12:35:15 AM »
ML, thanks. Yes, they are in the West, not on the Eastern front.

Thanks.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #77 on: September 03, 2015, 12:37:38 AM »
Probably you're using the same kind of Internet articles with anonimous authors who have access to secret information. Well, may be not secret, but certainly with no links to official sources

Belvis, you really should get out and read more. I've posted the sources here previously, recently as a matter of fact.

So, are you saying that no Russian solders have been killed in Ukraine?
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Belvis

« Reply #78 on: September 03, 2015, 01:38:10 AM »
Belvis, you really should get out and read more. I've posted the sources here previously, recently as a matter of fact.

So, are you saying that no Russian solders have been killed in Ukraine?

I know your sources  :) I've just said the link I posted and your sources are of the same level.  I doubt you'll be able to show link to the published official documents where you pretend the info was taken from.
     Mendy, I suspect you do not read other posters, otherwise you would not ask such question. Though you can cite me to prove I was saying that no Russian solders have been killed in Ukraine. I said rather the opposite. OK, I could not resist :D
Nevertheless I'll answer. First, nobody except General Staff knows how many Russian soldiers in service were killed in Ukraine. I imagine how this statistics is reflected in official papers, you'll see no mention of Ukraine, and will not be able to  separate killed in Dagestan from killed in Ukraine.
Second, there are indirect sources to estimate the number, messages in social networks, inscriptions on the graves, rumors from locals near military bases, projections based on fraction of captured Russians among POWs. Confirmed number from these sources does not exceed 200.

Offline jone

« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2015, 05:33:23 AM »
Sorry, Belvis,

But the more I read you, the more you sound like FSB. 

I have talked to many, many Russians.  This May I was in an area of Russia that contributed some of the troops that went to Ukraine. (Remember when you were disputing any troops going, trying to dissuade us from that?   We remember.)  While the bases included troops from many areas that were assembled there, many of the officers were local.  The specific numbers were never discussed, but the number of troops that didn't come back is common knowledge.

There is an active disinformation campaign.  You simply appear to be part of it.  I don't think you're drinking the Kool Aid.  I think you're making it.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline fathertime

« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2015, 06:57:19 AM »
Could you just quote the post/s you 'agree' with ...

I could, but I'm not going to.  If there is something in particular you would like to discuss, in a direct way,  I'm game.   

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #81 on: September 03, 2015, 08:01:11 PM »
First, nobody except General Staff knows how many Russian soldiers in service were killed in Ukraine. I imagine how this statistics is reflected in official papers, you'll see no mention of Ukraine, and will not be able to  separate killed in Dagestan from killed in Ukraine.

Pardon me Belvis, but you are full of it. Now are you saying that perhaps as many as 2000 Russian soldiers were killed in Dagestan, in 2014?!

Offline Belvis

« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2015, 01:50:13 AM »
Pardon me Belvis, but you are full of it. Now are you saying that perhaps as many as 2000 Russian soldiers were killed in Dagestan, in 2014?!

No, I have pointed you how the official documents are compiled in Russian bureaucracy. It's the common troubles for journalists, they have no habit to work with primary sources.
OK, if you're interested in this issue I give the link to much more respectable Internet source than you used. Besides it's the liberal source so you may trust it even though their information does not support your expectations:
http://top.rbc.ru/politics/02/10/2014/542c0dcfcbb20f5d06c1d87a

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »
Nice try, Belvis, but you are either misled or lying.

RBC is no more liberal than a package of used condoms. They are controlled, as per Russian law, by Russian management.

Offline Belvis

« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2015, 01:32:12 AM »
RBC is no more liberal than a package of used condoms. They are controlled, as per Russian law, by Russian management.
OK, I got your point that only body controlled by west guys can be liberal. That's the reason your political friends in Russia are and will be losers at elections. Though I don't share your extremist position.
Basing on your views on RBC channel you're close to right radicals in Russian political spectrum, if you dismissed oligarch Prokhorov as owner of a package of used condoms.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2015, 08:00:09 AM »
Prokhorov. Hmm, that is the friend of Putin who runs as his "liberal opposition" in elections. He doesn't campaign much, seldom goes on the road to promote his own party, but the Kremlin happily trots him out as an example of someone giving Putin a run for his money.

Belvis, I can respect their reports on troops in Ukraine, and they are one of the few outlets that will report on Navalny, for example. Other than that, do you see RBC as an active voice in opposing the government and United Russia in the news?

How many warnings has RBC received from the Kremlin for violating the rules on provocative reporting?

I did appreciate when they reported on conscripts being forced to sign contracts for "service abroad," but how many RBC reporters have been murdered under mysterious circumstances lately?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 08:18:41 AM by mendeleyev »

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »
The Warthog at around a mile away made sure we just arrived to the party with the 30 mike mike. I've seen those things fly with one wing.

The Warthogs are so good at what they do that they are planning a comparison test between them and modern 5th gen F-35 fighters before they retire them.

http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2015/08/air-force-will-test-f-35-against-10-not-until-2018/119867/

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2015, 04:42:41 PM »
The Warthogs are so good at what they do that they are planning a comparison test between them and modern 5th gen F-35 fighters before they retire them.

http://www.defenseone.com/technology/2015/08/air-force-will-test-f-35-against-10-not-until-2018/119867/

Ukraine has some air power however, it's been grounded because of Russian
antiaircraft fire. There aren't any Donbass Freedom fighters who know how
to operate a modern antiaircraft system.

The A-10 warthogs are very, very susceptible to anti aircraft weapons such as the
Buk missile system and can only be used in situations where total air supremacy
exists.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #89 on: September 28, 2015, 11:26:07 PM »
He has always indicated that would be okay, as long as those include Russian troops.

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2015, 01:03:44 AM »

I could, but I'm not going to.  If there is something in particular you would like to discuss, in a direct way,  I'm game.   

Fathertime!

OK,

I'm interested in how you - if agreeing with Beavis - can support the notion that serving Russian personnel weren't killed in Ukraine, when their relatives know it...

We'll deal with the points one by one, if that's OK with you..

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline cc3

« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2015, 01:06:42 AM »
He has always indicated that would be okay, as long as those include Russian troops.
How can invaders be members of the "peacekeepers"?

Offline fathertime

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2015, 06:15:25 AM »
OK,

I'm interested in how you - if agreeing with Beavis - can support the notion that serving Russian personnel weren't killed in Ukraine, when their relatives know it...

We'll deal with the points one by one, if that's OK with you..

I would assume that it is correct that Russian personnel have been killed in Ukraine....I don't recall ever thinking differently, so I'm not sure why you would make that assumption.   That said, whatever you want to discuss, I'm game. 

Fathertime!   

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2015, 02:01:22 PM »
How can invaders be members of the "peacekeepers"?

Bingo. sadly it is typical Kremlin "logic" on display.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2015, 02:39:00 PM »
Russia seems to do quite nicely when managing so-called "frozen conflicts" in her backyard:

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/opinion/2015/09/war-looms-south-caucasus-150914105543346.html?ref=yfp

Offline Muzh

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2015, 03:06:03 PM »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline BillyB

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2015, 08:16:42 PM »
Putin may accept peacekeeping force in Ukraine:

Let the wolf protect the flock of sheep. Give the wolf/Russia/Iran a chance to show how they can be part of a better world.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2015, 03:43:16 AM »

I would assume that it is correct that Russian personnel have been killed in Ukraine....I don't recall ever thinking differently, so I'm not sure why you would make that assumption.   That said, whatever you want to discuss, I'm game. 

Fathertime!

As you clearly wrote you pretty much agreed with what Beavis has said - then why are you now suggesting otherwise ... hence the question.

Beavis is clearly back -peddling re direct Kremlin involvement - so I guess you must be, too  :deadhorse:

I think you like to have an argument - then when you encounter someone who clearly knows more - you try to sit on the fence...

Offline fathertime

« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »
As you clearly wrote you pretty much agreed with what Beavis has said - then why are you now suggesting otherwise ... hence the question.

Beavis is clearly back -peddling re direct Kremlin involvement - so I guess you must be, too  :deadhorse:

I think you like to have an argument - then when you encounter someone who clearly knows more - you try to sit on the fence...

Hahah....I am not sitting on a  fence.  It sounds like you want me to argue a position I never took.  You ARE mistaken, the post I made was referring to the post directly above mine on Sept 2.    If you would like to discuss something specific, I'm game, and always have been.  Meanwhile you seem to be biting around the edges of nothing at this point. 

Here is the post that I would have said:
[/size]As you have observed, Russia can dictate. World is being ruled by precedent law. If one country can send military in another country  and destroy this country, then this case can be appiled for other countries too. May you meant we should establish the new world order where there is no exceptions and powers with exceptional rights?

If you can just formulate a point or position counter to the MANY I have made on this subject or another, then please do.  But I am not interested in discussing a position I never took, like you seem to be insisting I do. 

Fathertime!  [/size][/font]

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2015, 11:25:07 AM »
It seems that Russia has a secret fund, off budget, for certain military actions as in Syria, and Ukraine. Normal practice in large nations.

Some are suggesting that Syria will allow Putin to quietly pull back from direct involvement in Ukraine, giving him cover at home to divert attention elsewhere.

I do not think so. There is too much at stake for Putin; such as the threat of a true democracy on his doorstep, and the loss of Ukraine would doom the Eurasian Economic Union. I think that Obama sold Ukraine down the river; giving Putin elbow room to wrap up control of Ukraine in exchange for Russian cooperation in fighting ISIS, something that Obama believes is a bigger issue.

However, again Putin has outfoxed Obama, and thus Obama will be responsible for losing Ukraine, losing his endgame in Syria (not a bad thing in my opinion), and will watch helplessly as the Russian/Iranian axis control more of the Middle East.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1962
Total: 1971

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM