It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Just got back from Russia  (Read 6050 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Just got back from Russia
« on: October 11, 2022, 08:31:23 PM »
I broke up with my Ukrainian girlfriend awhile ago. Got right back into the saddle and decided to go to Russia before you can't go there anymore.

Flew to Istanbul and got my Moscow segments separately. Had to do some work to get a ticket out of Moscow with mobilization and all.

I was ready to be turned back. Russian passport control asked me twice "Why are you visiting Russia?" - parenthetically saying "Are you a moron why are you here?"

After looking at my American passport for 5 minutes, saying something to her colleague, opening a folder and scribbling something on the paper, she gave me my passport back and motioned me to move on.

Got into the airport at 2am so no trains to town. Of course I got scammed. 8000 rubles to my hotel from VKO.

The hotel staff were very kind and friendly. Spent a few days in Moscow with a guide, met a beautiful 24 year old woman. She was a teacher, very pretty but very limited English. Thank goodness for Google Translate. We connected and had a good time.

Took the fast train to St. Petersburg - about $80.

When I got to St. Petersburg I didn't use Yandex to get a taxi because my data was weak and wasn't sure where to meet taxis. Went to a taxi outside the train station.

Skolko? Showed him my hotel and address. Taxi driver puts up 2 fingers. 200 rubles. Decent for 3 km. I paid 300 for farther distance in Moscow. When we got to the hotel I handed him 200 rubles. No - he wants 2000. $40 for 3km. Long story short I paid.

These two taxi drivers who scammed me were the only crappy people I met. Everyone else from hotel staff, restaurant workers, to people in the streets were friendly even with the understanding I was American. No drama.

Gave my passport to hotel through my booking on Ostrovok. They needed my immigrant card. My what? It is a small white piece of paper about 4 x 5 they gave me at the airport. Apparently my first hotel took that along with my passport in Moscow. I just didn't pay attention - I vaguely remember it was pressed in between my passport. The hotel informed me I needed that little card or I can't book a room. We finally figured out to call my old hotel in Moscow and they sent a copy of my immigration card and the hotel was able to use that to book a room.

Met a very sweet woman who showed me how spectacular St. Petersburg was. Nice walks around town, along the water, quiet cafes and restaurants.

Took a boat cruise at midnight! A little cold but the sites at night were worth it.

My visit to St. Petersburg was very nice. Romantic. A beautiful 22 year old woman in a beautiful town. She was a beautician and took off one day and spent two half days with me.

When it was time to go back all the economy seats were booked so I had to go business class. A little roomier but meals and drinks. Still about $100 - not bad. Took about 4 hours to get to Moscow.

I had planned to fly to Novosibirsk to meet two women but I was worried about my available funds and the possibility of unforeseen expenses if I were thousands of miles from Moscow. I decided to just book an apartment in Moscow and stay there the rest of my time. With apartments I didn't need to show anything. I met up with the managers and paid cash, no passport or immigration card. I spent 3 days trying to get a copy of my immigration card with the help of my interpreter but they never called her back for us to get the replacement card.

I was in a new high rise. New restaurants and businesses were on the ground floor. Perfect set up.

I had 3 days to kill so I decided to message a woman I met online over a year ago. To my surprise she said she'd come visit me since I was all alone in Moscow. She took a 5 hour van to Moscow the next day, refused my insistence to book her an apartment in my building. She booked an apartment near my building. We met up in the late evening, she ordered and paid for dinner at her apartment and she promptly presented me with 3 gifts. Of course I felt shitty because I had nothing to present her- only flowers.

We had an amazing time together. She was funny. Had a dry sense of humor, super smart and a successful business woman with ownership of several businesses, a high paying job, and a brand new apartment. And her English was good.

I asked her why she decided to come see someone she only communicated a few times with. She said she remembered our conversations and also she wanted to meet foreigners to understand their culture and practice English.

I really expected just friendship and a platonic time with her but as we spent more time together I started to notice how lovely she was. I think she had similar expectations but sometimes in moments when you least expect it- something wonderful happens.

Objectively she is not as beautiful as the other two I met but being 32, she's more mature, her English was much better and she's able to meet me around the world if we decide to travel together. Her Instagram is full of photos of her all over Europe. We got along very well and there is quite a bit of chemistry. She has a very good life in Russia and moving to America would definitely be a downgrade for her.

I brought $4,500 in cash and had about $500 left over from a 10 day trip. There are no Cash Xchanges around every corner in tourists areas - I should have converted $1000 each time but only did $500 at a time. I wasted time and money trying to find banks to change into rubles. Sometimes they ask for passport. Sometimes they don't. One time they asked for passport and the immigration card. Luckily some banks open till 9pm.

Don't lose that little immigration card. They asked for it on the way out at passport control - I showed them a copy my hotel sent me and it was accepted. Apparently hotels are fined 500 000 rubles if they don't get that card and copy it.

Never approach taxis - use Yandex taxi.

Fly into Moscow during the day so you can take the train into town. Using Yandex I paid 1200 rubles to get to the airport as opposed to 8000 from the taxis at the airport.

Daily expenses: hotel-$75 to $100, meals-50, taxi-$10-$20.
Other expenses: museums, tourist excursions, nice dinner for a party of 2-3 about $100.

Rdtrip to Istanbul: $1300.
Two tickets to and from Moscow to Istanbul: $1200.

I had a really good time. Both cities are really beautiful at night with many attractions. The Russian people were kind and friendly and I didn't sense any resentment that I was American at all. I saw 4 women with 3 having significant time together.

I plan to go back in December.

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Just got back from Russia
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2022, 12:59:32 AM »
Newbie lesson.

I've been to Novosibirsk a few times, though not for three years. Not much to see as a tourist. A couple of decent bars, no decent nightclubs, less English speakers. You're probably better off in Moscow if dating is your priority, though NSK is significantly less expensive than Moscow/Saint Petersburg.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2022, 12:05:24 PM »
Ever since taxi apps were introduced to Ukrainian and Russian cities definitely use them all the time. The only ones left in the unofficial game are nearly always rogues now, before it could be 50/50 ish. Official taxis will be high priced as well. I loved it when taxi apps came in over in the FSU, cheap fares, taken to correct destination not drop of God knows where, no funny business, well not usually but be careful just in case, make sure to take all belongings with you etc.

What happened to your girlfriend CG? Last we heard she made a made dash through no man's land to go meet you in Poland I believe.

Well, I wouldn't discount the 32 year old, she sounds economically compatible with you at least. I'm thinking she probably finds it hard to get interest due to age/looks so was eager to impress. An easy catch for you I'm thinking but depends what you want. Real pretty girls are usually a hard ball game so worth thinking if you want to partake in a game that's a harder struggle. I communicated with a woman online recently who was high up in financial accounting, that subject puts me to sleep, she was ok looking but I'm not sure that we would have been a good fit long term. She was eager to communicate but for be I could see myself being pressed into a relationship with the wrong woman for me if I didn't put the brakes on. So I kind of understand if you meet a sound woman but kind of feel she's not the one for you.

I think you kind of put yourself out there going to Russia at this time. I wouldn't tend to as if they choose to pick you up for their own convenience it would be an easy play for them. My thoughts would be as a pawn in a prisoner exchange with months in prison or even worse longer term fate.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2022, 12:29:25 PM »
Trench, I realized my ex was a sweet and beautiful woman but I would get bored of her within a year. And she'd be too dependent on me. I don't like needy women. I like independent and bold women for relationships and needy women for flings.

The 32 year is pretty and handsome in a feminine way and she has quite a bit of admirers. She thinks I'm playing around and doesn't quite take me seriously but I believe and hope that once she sees I'm serious we can kick the relationship into high gear. We're planning a trip abroad and she doesn't want me to go to Russia for my next trip.

Novosibirsk - I was hoping to see the inside of nice hotels for most of the time really. But who doesn't want to see Siberia once in their lifetime?

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2022, 02:11:29 PM »
Trench, I realized my ex was a sweet and beautiful woman but I would get bored of her within a year. And she'd be too dependent on me. I don't like needy women. I like independent and bold women for relationships and needy women for flings.

A lot to be said in favor of a calm and collected woman.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2022, 02:40:52 PM »

I don't mind needy, it gives me a job to do and a reason for the woman to need me :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline LAman

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2022, 07:26:01 PM »
Cameraman.... Have you ever been to Russia??

From your description of your time there does seem like it!!!

I have considered flying just as you have, flight to IST and Aeroflot to Moscow, And yes, the prices have skyrocketed. This fall it was ~$750 LAX-IST and <$700 to Moscow. Timing of flights does matter. I was going to stay 1-2 nightn in Istanbul on return in case I couldn't get out of Russia on time.  Not sure why yours was much more expensive.

I wish I would have known you were going. I have quite a bit of insight of Moscow. I've landed in VKO 1;30-2am before. There is a nice hotel across the street to stay in when you get in so late. At SVO, there is an overnight bus taking you into the centre.
I know about how important that migration card is, you can't get registered at hotels without it. I usually make a copy at hotel just in case. Did you lose the card?

I've heard stories of some phones being inspected for content.
BTW, T-Mobile has very good reception in Russia , roaming is free. Did you order taxi's using your Russian sim?
Rarely do I ever use taxi in Moscow, the metro takes you everywhere.
There is a metro in St Piter near train station( Moskovsky).
Glad you made it out okay!!
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2022, 02:11:59 AM »
LAman, I've been to Russia once when I was in college and I got swindled by taxis too. $100 to go from one terminal to the other.

I landed in VKO and my guide agreed to meet me at 01:00 but she somehow interpreted that as 1pm so she declined at the last moment when she realized it was 1am. I knew the taxi ride to my hotel was going to hurt.

My trip to Russia was last minute and in truth I was pretty sheepish about telling any of my friends and family - they would have told me not to go - which would have been the reasonable thing to say.

I have been researching and talking to a few people about Russia (who live there and also traveled to Russia and back) and I finally felt confident enough to take the leap.

I was very careful to pack my bags with things I would be okay for people to inspect and open up - even the protection. I didn't want to be part of a prisoner swap.

I probably lost the card either when I gave it to my first hotel or when I handed my passport to the lady at the train station to St. Petersburg. They probably dropped it or forgot to return it to me. I was careful to keep all my receipts and any paperwork so I was surprised when I didn't have it.

I lucked out on putting the puzzle of flights together. One of the few available and decent flights out of Moscow flew through Algeria and I landed in Istanbul at 3am and my flight out of Istanbul to home was around 8am so I had an easy wait at the airport without having to do roundtrip taxi into Istanbul and accommodations.

I brought an unlocked phone to get a Russian sim but my T-mobile service worked well in Russia so no need.

I got around on the metro with my guide but I didn't mind 200-300 rubles for taxi too.

ML - yeah a steady woman is good but mine had a few more issues. In reality it is a poor decision but when you just don't feel it.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2022, 05:52:25 AM »
Thing with Russia CG is that they don't need any evidence, they'll just make it up/say you are a spy or whatever. You're in their country so there word goes. If they are short of a number for a prisoner swap guess who would be making that number up? Lol. That or detain you to try and get the upper hand as leverage on the political situation parade you in front of the camera's & in court rooms to show the bad American infiltrators as after all why else would you be there?

I would be careful about going there again, they may have made a note of your name and if you pop up again will wonder why given current circumstances. The hottie chasing may not buy it in their mind and you may just become a convenient target for them.

How was Moscow anyway agent CG? ;D Did you see any military activity?

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2022, 12:32:54 PM »
the militsa will DELIBERATELY mess with foreigners in Saint Petersburg
it's one of the worst places in Russia for Tourists....
all because of the "Tambovs"

in St Petersburg, I'd only "gavorite engliski" with my daughters inside the hermitage (heavenly place!)
outside in the ulitsa,  Russian ONLY
I dress in old Russian/Soviet clothes, including patriotic pins and ribbons
I inherited from my wife's grandfather, who was tall and thin like me!!
I look just like some ole Russian "starik"
and I have such a low profile I could fall off a kopec...

how did you handle MONEY in St Pete?
everything cash, or did you have some kinda card?
did you do any "clubbing"

you seriously didn't go to the hermitage?
also sounds like ya didn't get past "first base"
what gives?

did you get any of these wimmin to go to a banya with you?
if not, how else ya see each other naked and check out each other's junk?
are you tryin to tell me you don't DO THAT in St Pete's?
geeezzzzzzz, kids today....

« Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 01:39:10 PM by krimster2 »

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2022, 03:28:55 PM »
I went to the Hermitage - it was brilliant. I saw the bridges at night on a boat tour. Went to a bar and went to a club just to check it out. But mostly I had pleasant company in my accommodations. There is no greater beauty than the natural beauty of Russia.

I wanted to get a card or open a Russian bank account but they said it would take 5 days. Can't use MC or Visa in Russia - it was all cash. I really hate that they often round down when they give you change.

first base. I want to go back - do the math :)

And I learned what a banya was too. :)

Trench - I was in Moscow before Putin's speech in Red Square so plenty of military when they sectioned Red Square off. But I didn't make eye contact. I'm shy like that.

Offline LAman

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2022, 05:25:24 PM »

LAman, I've been to Russia once when I was in college and I got swindled by taxis too. $100 to go from one terminal to the other.

Reminds me of my first trip to Russia. Back when there was SVO1 and SVO2, I needed to get between those terminals. I had only 1.5 hours. I was completely unprepared. After waiting long time for my luggage, a taxi guy asked if I needed a ride, I said I needed to get to SVO2, he said he can get me there for $60usd, so off we went. He drove crazy. At terminal there was a LARGE line to get inside building...... a missed my flight and spent several hours looking for someone to get another flight.... if not looking for someone who spoke English. It was the worst   feeling of my life. I ended up paying $85 in SP to get to hotel at 2am( I prepaid for taxi ahead of time $35)

Offline LAman

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2022, 05:35:05 PM »

I brought an unlocked phone to get a Russian sim but my T-mobile service worked well in Russia so no need.

So you used your T-Mobile line to order Yandex? I don't remember if I used my T-Mobile line or Russian sim line to order Yandex taxi's. Since you were planning to visit Russia soon, probably would have been wise to get a Russian number. Comes in handy at times, like if you were in metro or had a taxi call if cannot find you, call a girl/friend directly and an area where your T-M reception poor.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2022, 02:43:57 AM »
LAman - I feel your pain regarding taxis. I met an older American gentleman from Texas when I first got stranded in one of the SVO terminals - over 20 years ago. He was 75 and he married a 23 year old woman. She was pretty but demure. We kept in touch for several years and his wife seemed to love and care for him.

My Tmobile plan has global voice and data so it is not a problem to open the Yandex app. I'm looking to upgrade the plan so my data will truly be unlimited. I communicate with people through Whatsapp or Telegram so I don't need to make phone calls. But I'll bring my unlocked google phone and get a sim - more so to get good data wherever I go. My Tmobile has weaker data reception in some areas. It is $25 in Turkey to get  Sim card and I don't expect it would be too much higher in Moscow.

Ironically I had no problems making phone calls in Russia as opposed to Turkey and some other European countries.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Just got back from Russia
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2022, 12:24:56 PM »
Quote from: cameraguymn link=topic=25655.msg567426#msg567426
[/quote

Never stay in a hotel, get an apartment
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline rwd123

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2022, 05:07:58 PM »
Why not get a local SIM at the airport? In my experiences there were always kiosks.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2022, 06:35:06 AM »
Thing with Russia CG is that they don't need any evidence

Trenchgump, why don't you tell us about your experience flying on
private jets with super models. You can't afford a Russian visa, so
why tell people about things you know little or nothing about?

Which supermodel do you "recon" would be the nicest to date?
Which one would be the hottest in the sack? Which of the Kama Sutra
positions would you like to try on the nicest super model? Which one
would she probably be the most keen to try?

Which hole on the PGA tour would be the easiest to get a hole in one?
How many tries before you got one?

Which Lamborghini is the easiest to parallel park? What martial art
do you "recon" you could master the quickest? Do you think
you would be a good ninja? Which Ninja skill would be the most
difficult to master?

Which rock and roll band would you fit in best with? What instrument
would you play?
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2022, 10:14:44 AM »
The Statistical Properties of "Pooty-Tang" or The Natural Law of Sexual Attraction

How Females Rate Male Attraction also inverse = Male Success Rate!
Appearance X SUCCESS_FACTOR X (Frequency of Contact with Opposite Sex) + CHARM

Scenario #1 Ternopil State Medical School in Ternopil, Ukraine - you own a NICELY decorated Apartment just outside of the University + NICE car!  You are a Medical Student in the English Language Medical School!

You would meet at LEAST 100 HOT WOMEN age 18 to 28 EACH DAY!
AND A LOT OF THEM SPEAK ENGLISH!!
Day-YAM!

The very top ones would literally be the hottest looking women you've EVER seen in your entire life!  Gorgeous super model face plus slender lucious body, hmmm hmmmm....

you would have at LEAST a 50% hit rate on asking these women out...
second date, bring em back to your apartment and cook them lasagna
look for all the simple recipes on the web!
bonus points if your apartment has a Fireplace!! 
serve red wine with the lasagna

Alpaca blanket next to the fireplace, just have her sit on it to warm herself after the wine
this is all the catalyst you really need to "kick it up a notch"
and get an initial sexual response FROM HER TO YOU, such as kissing you or sitting in your lap while you read poetry to her, etc, etc.

THIS IS THE LIFE!!!

for med school
take a LOT of Modafinil to get through exams OR pay a lot of bribes!!
you can get a lot of the study material onto an Amazon Kindle and download study material from Amazon even from within Ukraine with a Ukrainian ISP!!

taking your kindle anywhere in Ternopil and reading from it
will get you a LOT of attention from women if there are any nearby
usually their curiosity will overcome them and they will approach you!

if you speak Russian, 100% of the ones who approach you, will want to sit down and hang out with you!

otherwise, if YOU DON'T SPEAK DECENT Russian then you'll only hit it off with the English speakers, of which there are quite a few...
but they are not the majority!

either way, the chance of you being single after your first month there, would be near ZERO!

Pooty-Tang Paradise if you ask me, especially Spring and Summer!
and so many of the young girls there are these tall, blond hair, blue eyed, "big naturals" Carpathian village girls 
OMG!
be still, my foolish heart!

Offline ML

« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2022, 10:53:05 AM »
if you speak Russian, 100% of the ones who approach you, will want to sit down and hang out with you!

Yeah . . . I'll bet speaking Russian will be a big hit there in western Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2022, 12:11:55 PM »
absolutely NOT a problem, if you're a foreignerr, ONLY if you're a Russian speaking Russian is it a problem (your Russian accent will be evaluated and then you will be)
go ahead and say "hamburger" instead of "gamburger" if it makes you feel any better

same in Odesa, it'd be like sayin, "don't speak Spanish in Los Anageles, cuz the rednecks will get mad at ya!"
Spanish was spoken there before English, so you rednecks give me a break, horrosho
same as Russian language
Americans speak English without animosity towards the language, despite having fought two wars against England

I can even speak Russian in "Little Odessa" in Brighton Beach
A lingua franca with many supported locations
including Ternopil

« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 12:18:09 PM by krimster2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1882
Total: 1893

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM