It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Info on army-of-brides.com  (Read 6766 times)

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Info on army-of-brides.com
« on: February 12, 2005, 04:18:09 AM »
Has anyone had any experiennce with army-of-brides.com?

You can communicate directly with girls there by buying their addresses, but before I go to far I would appreciate any feedback from other users experience....thanks!
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Dave

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 04:39:55 AM »
i put an ad on the site and receive tons...i mean TONS of responses. i never really used the site though to communicate because it seems like it would cost too much to weed through them all. to give you an idea of what i mean by tons...i placed the ad prob about 6 months or so ago and received several hundred responses in the first 2 months. to this day i still get 5-6 responses per day and like i said that was over 6 months ago that i placed the ad. i really should go and remove it. good luck with it though.

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 05:40:14 AM »
Danger Will Robinson!  

Proceed with caution.      

Offline Bruno

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 10:53:12 AM »
Danger...

[align=left]These sites are run by the same guy. Apparently, he has more, but I don't know the names. Aside from stealing profiles from other sites, he also has profiles of girls that don't exist or are no longer available. He is looking for partners in his activities.[/align]
[align=left] [/align]
[align=left]He will start a anti-scam site :shock: and have contact me... i have refuse to collaborate :P[/align]

[align=center]Army of Brides
Hanuma
1 in a Million
Origin Club
Amazing Women
You Only You
A Pretty
Dating UK Archive Service
Men Ads
[/align]

[align=center]Owner - Oleg Sedyshev
Nikolaevskaya St 48, POB 15
Mariupol, Ukraine
op@hanuma.net
[/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=left]Visit : http://www.syedyshev.com/index-en.htm[/align]
[align=left] [/align]
[align=left] [/align]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2005, 10:57:00 AM by Bruno »

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 03:08:51 AM »
Damn......
I am sorry to hear this news.  It seems like MOST agencies are bad.  Next time, I'll route myself through one of the ones mentioned as being crediable. This agency is expensive because you have to PAY to open letters and to reply.

But for now, I am on my way to see one of the girls I found on Army of Brides.

But you know, I bought her address.  I have her home address and her mobile number.  We trade SMS several times a day.  I call her and talk to her daily.  When I send her gifts, the agency sends me pictures of her receiving the gift at her workplace.  She is the girl in the profile.

So, could it be that agencies do scam with some girls but within the agency you can also have honest girls? (this girl turns down money or big gifts when I offer).

I don't know, but I will proceed with caution?

thanks!
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 06:18:38 PM »
Here is the antiscam letter and info from Army of Brides...See bruno's comments above before reading this.

Dear Gentlemen,

Nowadays the most harmful phenomena in the field of
International dating is scam and scammers. You, foreign men, get scammed by
individual scammers, but we all suffer - you stop to believe that there are
honest Russian and Ukrainian women, as well as honest Russian and Ukrainian
marriage agencies. That is why I think we all should get united against scammers
in the Internet dating field.

I designed and will host the web-site where I
plan to support full and complete database of Internet dating scammers from all
the countries of the world http://www.anti-scam.org . We will develop very
powerful search engine which would help men to find scammers and avoid being
scammed. The web-site is new, and we do not have many scammers listed there
http://www.anti-scam.org/all-scamers.html?page=0 , but I am sure this database
will grow. I invite all of you to make your contribution to this scam-list: you
are welcome to report a scam at http://www.anti-scam.org/report-a-s
 cam.html . If you were scammed - share your experience, your information to our
scam-list will help other men to avoid being scammed by the same woman or by the
same scenario, or they will learn from your story. In the same time, reading
stories of other men you will learn on mistakes of others.

If we are together
it will be easier for us to fight with this harmful phenomena of scam and
scammers and in the long run to defeat it.

Oleg Syedyshev
Marriage Agencies
Union "Hanuma Net Ltd" owner.
http://www.syedyshev.com/index-en.htm

Offline Bruno

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 08:10:14 PM »
Woowww, he have not only contact webmaster but other people too... the letter i receive ( only the english part ):

"Dear Administrator!
We are working on creation of informational web-site about scam and scammers. The aim of this web-site is to gather all available information about scam and scammers in the Internet to the single database. This project is not commercial, the only purpose of it is to help men to avoid being scammed.

We would like to discuss a question of using your web-site materials with a link to the source of information, i.e. your web-site. We offer you to place your banner on every page of Anti-Scam.org where information taken from your web-site will be displayed, plus put an indication that the source of information from your site. This could attract more visitors to your web-site.

With best regards,
web-master Anti-Scam.org"

I don't believe in anti-scam program/site when the owner run several other marriage agency... i see some conflict in interest in this... it have happen that sometime some woman was listed with false info because she was on a other site... anti-scam site need to be independant

more info : "Army of Brides network. Based in Ukraine and formerly an Angelika Network agent. Fired from the Angelika Network for listing married women, false details, writing letters on behalf of women without women's knowledge and more. Army of Brides has used the name AOK Introductions." at http://www.russian-women-links.net/scam-agencies.html

Offline Bruno

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2005, 04:22:35 AM »
[glow=red]I know, i have say that i don't post anymore... but these post can be important to people of the forum, specialy from these who have post someting about "army of bride"...[/glow]

Oleg Shedyshev have begin it own attack via some of his site... in place of reply to the post, he send virus to your mailbox... it show very good the honesty and integrity of these man...

They are simple old virus and they was detected and blocked by my smtp server... see the rapport from my internet provider bellow... sorry, it is in Dutch...

"Dit is een automatisch rapport met een overzicht van de virussen die naar jouw e-mailadres zijn gestuurd en die we hebben tegengehouden.

Lees de informatie per lijn in deze volgorde:

[verzender] - [ontvanger] - [virus] - [datum] - [tijd]

ukraine@amazing-women.com - info@love-from-russia.be - Win32.HLLM.Netsky.based - 2005-02-17 - 02:44:23
info@1-in-a-million.com - info@love-from-russia.be - Win32.HLLM.Netsky.based - 2005-02-17 - 03:17:02"

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2005, 11:47:47 PM »
So you are saying he saw your post on this discusson group and sent you a virus?  wow!

Offline glove_01

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2005, 12:29:27 AM »
Guys, I stopped using AofB some time ago because it is very pricey.  I met two women in person in Ukraine that I corresponded with through AofB, one in Kiev and one in Odessa, so I guess there are women on the site that genuinely exist.  However, I still believe that there are many scams going on with this site.  It is strange (being sarcastic!) that everyone get letters from the same women initially and that you always get a response when you reply.  I had a friend of mine on the site and we compared what letters we got sent and yes it was almost identical!  :cool:

Offline anono

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2005, 12:36:35 AM »
i have used AB and have no problem with them. part of it may be they know i am connected. i have had many discussions with them. i think part of the problem is they are a portal for many agencies and it is the host agency that may be the bigger problem. they have removed scammers at my request and i have met a lot of ladies from agencies affiliated with AB, including J.

this does not mean i do not think the owner is having integrity problems...  all i do know is i have met a lot of ladies from agencies affiliated with AB.

Offline sjsca

Re: Info on army-of-brides.com
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2007, 08:09:19 AM »
 I was also a "member" of Army-of-brides", but I can smell a scam agency, and this one ois a big scam! I bought their 'bridiks" and sent messages to 3 women. ALL had contacted me, and I decided to contact them. ALL refused tpo provide their postal address & phone number. Understand, many Ukrainians do not have telephones. But ALL have addresses. They wanted to converse thru the agency (at an average cost of $12 per reading their message AND $12 to reply back to them!)

It is the policy of AOB NOT to allow an exchange of e-mails (even if the girl had one!).

That should tell you about their agency! I even see wher some "manager" from the company has posted here stating he wanted to do something about having an anti-scam list. He should start with his one company!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2007, 01:51:47 PM »
sjsca,

Looks like you revived an oldie thread. Army of Brides and it's affiliates are bad news and a big time scam. There are more affiliates than the ones Bruno mentioned earlier. They even have their own anti-scam site and accept donations! I remember a top women there that was their #1 for a month. later she was on Army of Birdes scam list and they said she was found on another agency. Of course their anti-scam sites don't list any women from their own agency. Before this woman was on Army of Brides, I was writing to her after getting her contact info off Bride.ru. She wanted me to visit me and told me she dreams of baking tasty pies and performing erotic dances for her future husband. I did not visit her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2007, 05:56:47 PM »
Well, Army of Brides & Co. must be a two-tiered operation, then: I receive letters only from their 40+ y.o., unattractive specimens ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline wxman

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2007, 06:21:05 PM »
Understand, many Ukrainians do not have telephones. But ALL have addresses.

Most have phones. It is one of the most saturated markets in the world for mobile phones. A year ago I read that the Ukrainian mobile market had over 50 million subscribers. The population of the country is 48 million. Granted that the numbers are based upon sim cards and not actual users. Still impressive. Perhaps many of the senior citizens do not have phones, but just about everyone else does.

Either way, your assessment is right. There is no reason why you should not be able to talk to them on the phone.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2007, 06:25:38 PM by wxman »
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." – Benjamin Franklin -

Offline Simoni

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2007, 06:30:30 PM »
Completely agree, Wxman.   I know several guys here at RWD who don't have cell phones, but I don't know a single Ukrainian girl who does not have one.

Offline Nando

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2007, 01:21:07 PM »
Well I don't want to defend this agency because it is pricey, but the problem are some local agencies.
I have talked on the phone and met several women from AOB. After some time I only spoke with Women who have some command of English lesson and in the third letter I used to send my mobile phone and say if they are serious they will send their mobile phone.
Guess what...most send their mobile phone. If they didn't send the mobile I stopped communication immediately.
Also girls who don't speak English may not want to give because they don't speak a word.
I found my girlfriend here and she never asked for a cent
Also I have tried some network agencies that guys here l with zero sucess which I find odd but maybe I was unlucky.

If you want to be sure there are no scammers and the agency is 100% honest I would use Richard agency in Tver who after all this time I have been in the forum seem to be a 100% honest guy. JAck also seem to be a first rate agency owner but I think he is still recovering from his illness.

NEVER TRUST IN ANY AGENCY AND... NO MOBILE PHONE NUMBER...NO GAME

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 04:44:03 PM »
Well I don't want to defend this agency because it is pricey, but the problem are some local agencies.

You do sound as if are defending the agency Nando the same as others who defended Hot Russian Brides and AnastasiaWeb by saying the problem are the small local feeder agencies. He who controls the money make the rules. If the big mother agency tells small agencies to run a clean operation, the little agencies will listen because the big agency gets the internet traffic which in turn gets the customers. No customers, out of business since there is nobody to cheat for the little agencies. But agencies big and small can make more money by not running a clean operation. Believe me Nando, the big agencies know exactly what the small agencies are doing and they are doing nothing about it, and they are possibly encouraging unethical behavior.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2007, 05:25:05 PM »
BillyB,

Excellent point.  The answer can be found in sjsca's statement:  correspondence .."at an average cost of $12 per reading their message AND $12 to reply back to them!"  There is enough money to be made by all to encourage questionable behavior.  In fact, I would imagine the AOB has sent guidelines to its member agencies for how to maximize correspondence.

Offline Nando

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2007, 06:48:05 AM »
You do sound as if are defending the agency Nando the same as others who defended Hot Russian Brides and AnastasiaWeb by saying the problem are the small local feeder agencies. He who controls the money make the rules. If the big mother agency tells small agencies to run a clean operation, the little agencies will listen because the big agency gets the internet traffic which in turn gets the customers. No customers, out of business since there is nobody to cheat for the little agencies. But agencies big and small can make more money by not running a clean operation. Believe me Nando, the big agencies know exactly what the small agencies are doing and they are doing nothing about it, and they are possibly encouraging unethical behavior.

You are right Billyb but the main is:

NEVER TRUST IN ANY AGENCY AND... NO MOBILE PHONE NUMBER...NO GAME

Offline sjsca

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2007, 12:24:33 PM »
 Just a few days ago, after being a "member" for many months, I bought the "bridiks" necessary to communicate with the ladies of my choice. I choose women who initially contacted me. I choose just 3 ladies, all from Ukraine.

I my message to them, I was very specific: "thank you for contacting me and expressing an interst; I feel very lucky to have captured your interest".
 The I specifically asked for them to reply back to me to my personal e-mail
(this was provided), AND to provide their home phone numbers (if they had one) AND their postal mailing address in either Russian/Ukrainian and English.
 I said this information was very important for us to continue our correspondence! I PAID $60 for the bridiks for this communication! All three ladies have a child, live in the Ukraine, and originally saw my profile and "contacted" me initially.

ALL three did not provide any of the important requested information for us to have correspondence! All three ladies....

Army-Of-Brides ("AOB") and me are arguing right now over this strange coincidence of all 3 not providing the very information necessary for these girls to communicate with me! AOB wants me to buy more bridiks and correspond wit these ladies ONLY directly through them! I have stated to them that there is no other way to CONFIRM that these girls actually exist
unless I have their post mail address (I wil lbethe one to worry about a letter actually reaching them, not AOB!).

AOB states it is their policy NOT to give out e-mail addresses. Their explanantion is unacceptable (it's jibberish). The ysimply want an American man to pay about $10 (for a bridik) to receive a message AND about $10 to send a reply!

This is, plain & simply, dishonesty. 

I would heartily welcome from the Discussion group just how I am the jerk in all of this... I recommended AOB be placed on some type of Dishonesty List. It's the only language they would understand. Hope this helps.

By the way, I've found another agency called Kiev Connections, in Kiev. I plan on a Summer trip to Kiev if anyone's interested in meeting up there next Summer. Has anyone also contacted them & given them some consideration?

Offline BillyB

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2007, 01:06:22 PM »
I would heartily welcome from the Discussion group just how I am the jerk in all of this... I recommended AOB be placed on some type of Dishonesty List.

AOB is blacklisted at antiscam sites except for the one they sponsor. Next time you need to do a check on an agency, google their name plus the words "anti scam" to get more feedback.

By the way, I've found another agency called Kiev Connections, in Kiev. I plan on a Summer trip to Kiev if anyone's interested in meeting up there next Summer. Has anyone also contacted them & given them some consideration?

Kiev Connections is part of the Angelika network of agencies. They don't have a bad reputation but their women have very few e-mails available thus making you have to write to the ladies through postal mail or through the agency.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2419
Most Online Ever: 12701