It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 301755 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #475 on: August 18, 2018, 09:38:27 AM »
yes, I did see the movie, a good film IMHO

One of my favorites. I like the line Macon Leary says to Katherine Turner. "No, it is wrong to think we can plan everything like it's a business trip. Sometimes things just happen" and "I think it is not how much you love someone but it is what you are like when you are with them. This woman, this strange women helped me step out of the Leary groove and stay out."

hope Georgia is not like that

I've only been to one clinic. The one clinic I went to I told the woman doctor how nice it was for me that she spent as much time with me. I told her in America you are lucky if you get more than 5 minutes with a doctor.

I have to stop posting now. I am drinking a bottle of Georgian Badagoni wine made from high is resveratrol Saperavi grapes.  Every grocery store here has wine for sale usually for a about 3 to 4 dollars a bottle.   
« Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 09:40:28 AM by Maxx2 »

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #476 on: August 18, 2018, 09:57:02 AM »
maxx

1 hour doctor = $1000 in some cases in USA
maybe $5 in Georgia

might be an explanation, sometimes but not always you get what you pay for

alcohol in excess doesn't really agree with me, especially as I get older
I do however understand the health benefits of maybe 2 glasses wine per day
but I don't even do that, I'll see if I can find the mineral water you mentioned

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #477 on: August 20, 2018, 10:32:04 PM »

My off-season landlady (November 1 to May 1) is a young Georgian woman living in Ekaterinburg with her Georgian husband. We keep close contact. Here is an exchange we had.

Got pulled over by  the police yesterday. I came to an intersection with traffic light. It has right turn signal that had just ended. So I pull up to the intersection with a green light, carefully watching the oncoming traffic to see if I can make a U-turn without causing anyone in the on coming traffic to use their brakes to slow down. So being courteous. One of the on coming cars was a police car. He put on this flashers as I made my U-turn in front of him. I put on my right hand turn signal and brake lights and pulled over to a safe spot. I reached for my wallet with my passport card, Wisconsin drivers license and my vehicle registration card that says I own the car. I gave the cop my cards which kind of confused him as that was not what he thought he would get. I said. "Yah American-nets" He looked at them for about 30 seconds and handed them back to me. I said with my limited Russian I didn't know this rule but now I know and I won't do it again. I thanked him and I think he understood me. I've had 3 encounters with the traffic police over this or that. All went well. I didn't get any tickets. So I am learning.

Her response:

I also had a fun encounter with the police this year It was really funny, cause we and other cars parked where parking was prohibited. He took my drivers license and went away to issue a ticket I was mad at myself that I started talking Georgian with him, I thought it would be best if I pretended I don’t understand him

Then i overheard a lady that was explaining why she parked there and begged him to let her go. He nodded.
The same time he saw me, I was smiling and looking at him with a “ha ha busted” face
He came to me, smiled and asked my to be careful next time
My husband was amazed 🤣 height=16

Did you know that they have tiny cameras on their uniform that record everything?

My response:
No, I didn't know they have tiny cameras on their uniform. When I get pulled over I act harmless and in a military manner. The later meaning I try and act professional like one soldier to another. I give the officer beside my vehicle ID card and Wisconsin drivers license my US passport card. Few Americans bother to get those and are content with just an international passport. A passport card is for crossing the US/ Canadian and Mexican borders. They can be inserted into a card reader from the car. The passport card ID card is in red, white and blue with UNITED STATES OF AMERICA printed across the top of it. My photo is over an American flag. There is an official looking holographic seal next to it. To its right is an eagle clutching a red, white and blue American shield. I THINK WHEN THE POLICE SEE IT THEY THINK C.I.A. employee working out of the US Embassy. This is why I act professional with a lot of "yes sirs" and "no sirs" Driving a black Mercedes helps in the illusion. Think about it. How many Americans choose to live in Georgia and have registered cars in Georgia? That means no tourist then. So what then? With my age I certainly am high up on the totem poll at the embassy. The cop probably thinks I regularly brief the president of Georgia on security issues.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:43:58 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #478 on: August 20, 2018, 11:21:50 PM »
I THINK WHEN THE POLICE SEE IT THEY THINK C.I.A. employee working out of the US Embassy.

I have a great idea Maxx. Next time a cop pulls you over, hand him your documents, spit on his uniform and say "I have diplomatic immunity!" I'm curious if you'll have the same trouble free results I've seen in the movies.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #479 on: August 20, 2018, 11:37:59 PM »
I have a great idea Maxx. Next time a cop pulls you over, hand him your documents, spit on his uniform and say "I have diplomatic immunity!" I'm curious if you'll have the same trouble free results I've seen in the movies.

I'll try that Silly Billy and let everyone know after I get out Georgian prison!  ;) 

I am thinking of getting some official looking decal for my front window. It has got to have an American eagle clutching in its claws a red, white and blue shield and holding a brace of arrows in its beak. An ID number with 'USA' on it would be nice. Maybe a dashboard police strobe light and one of those spot lights like they have on police cruisers/interceptors in the US. Oh and I must wear my wrap around sunglasses.  8)

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #480 on: August 21, 2018, 02:53:35 AM »
maxx,

what do you do for exercise?

do you have an indoor pool near you where you can buy a membership
spending 45 min per day moving through the water would be good for your heart and weight reduction without putting stress on joints
with winter not too far off, exercise is VERY important

I have to give up bicycling now because of knee damage
I'm going to do the pool thing, I can pose for all the babooshka's there in their aquatic classes
afternoon ladies, do you know the way to "muscle beach"

but seriously, exercise

my wife's a pretty woman, she knows how to manipulate cops
I am not so fortunate
my only run in with a Russian cop
I just sat down in front of him and started pounding the ground with my fists while reciting Shakespeare and keats
about 60 seconds of that and he turned around and left
sweet...

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #481 on: August 21, 2018, 04:45:20 AM »
maxx,

what do you do for exercise?

do you have an indoor pool near you where you can buy a membership
spending 45 min per day moving through the water would be good for your heart and weight reduction without putting stress on joints
with winter not too far off, exercise is VERY important

I have to give up bicycling now because of knee damage
I'm going to do the pool thing, I can pose for all the babooshka's there in their aquatic classes
afternoon ladies, do you know the way to "muscle beach"

but seriously, exercise

A really appreciate your comments and questions on my thread.

In the early 2000s I used to weight lift.  It had profound effects in bettering my appearance. After my RW wife train wreak in 2003  :trainwreck: I gave up self improvement and curled up into the fetal position. A few times since I've gone back at the gym. However I allowed distractions like women,,,, distract me. I have recently decided to give women a pass until I get my sheet together. I had hoped that I'd find a woman that wanted to go to the gym with me and eat healthy things. We could help each other to attain our goals. My last lady was unfortunately the anti-Christ to this plan. Nice woman, but not really a partner. Now I realize it is all up to me.

I checked in my wallet earlier and found I had my membership card to Aspria Fitness. It is the elite gymnasium Georgian weightlifters and bodybuilders go to. In my gym in Batumi (I am in Tbilisi now) I used to hire the gym owner and bodybuilder to be my workout partner. He charged 10 Lari ($4) for an hour and a half. I seem to remember the PTs in the States charge 10 times that...

I am very aware of potential problems with my hips and knees. My mother had both hips and both knees replaced. It is NOT a good thing. So my plan is to lose weight primarily through diet and weightlifting and avoid exercises that put stress on those joints like deep squats and dead lifts. When I went to the gym in Batumi we always avoided those exercises.

From my experience in exercising and dieting and my observations Iv'e made, I know good advice on health when I read it. RWD123's link of a website was very helpful.

Something I've said before, but have gotten no comment on, is my diabetes being under control without resorting to insulin. This a major feat! My doctors in the US would never think this is possible. 25 minutes ago I did a glucose check for my blood. I was at 116. That is pretty close to being normal. Normal is 70-110. In 2010 I was sent to the hospital emergency room with a glucose level over 600! I was ordered on to insulin. Now, no insulin. My prediction with exercise and weight loss I will shake the diabetes entirely.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 04:50:06 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #482 on: August 21, 2018, 04:47:12 AM »
Weight lifting is the best exercise. Guys in their 70s and 80s still pump iron, you just need to be smart about it.

Cycling and swimming excellent for cardio, I don't get why people jog. It is such a poor form of exercise.

PD Mangan is the one stop shop for anti-aging/health for men. The guy just puts it all together and backs it up with research.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #483 on: August 21, 2018, 04:48:02 AM »
And donate blood! Get your iron levels down (and save lives).

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #484 on: August 21, 2018, 05:02:00 AM »
And donate blood! Get your iron levels down (and save lives).

That is a good idea. I plan on getting a health test from the American clinic here. I am particularly interested in my A1C levels. That is the average glucose levels over the last 3 months. Also I would like to find out what blood type I am. My father had a rare blood type. My ex-wife was O+ which is the most common. My oldest daughter was born with the RH factor problem which means I am a negative type (Everyone knows that!), I think.

Yes, donating blood helps lowering a man's iron levels. Thank you RWD123 for the suggestion.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #485 on: August 21, 2018, 05:13:53 AM »

I don't get why people jog. It is such a poor form of exercise.

Besides being hard on the joints it stretches the skin on the face making it droopy. Our prehistoric ancestors didn't jog. They sprinted short distances to escape cave lions, cave bears and sabertooth cats. They also lifted heavy things to get the grubs living under the rocks and fallen trees.

Offline Jumper

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #486 on: August 21, 2018, 08:09:18 AM »
Maxx, I'm sure you can do it.
My mother,75, was diagnosed last year with diabetes,  likely not as severe as your case,but she isnt a fan of taking drugs if it can be avoided.After several physicians told her it wasnt possible to avoid,she researched those who had done well without, and followed a strict dietary regimen and exercise (she is always active regardless).
  At this point she tests completely normal, and while watching what she eats  no longer
has the real strict regimen.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #487 on: August 21, 2018, 08:44:33 AM »
350 lbs!

Exercising is wonderful, maxx. But if you don't watch what you're eating it'll prove to be an exercise in futility (no pun). Be kind to your liver and kidney. They aren't as young as you anymore. Low impact exercises preferably. Lift weights if you like, but I'd suggest an hour of Tai Chi in the morning will be great. Been doing this a while now and loving it. There's a reason why billions of aging Chinese do this everyday, you know.

My wife introduced me to buckwheat in place of rice. While it isn't *completely* a cure-all, the difference from grain products is astronomical, especially when compared to rice. Wild rice, if you can find it, will be wonderful. I've said on this thread maxx, food is fuel to your body. You don't watch what you put in it, your body will breakdown in an accelerated rate regardless how much you 'run' (exercise) it. Even something as innocent as 'bread' will kill you.

It's been said: Better a thousand times careful, than once dead.

As for making ends meet, can you supplement your SS by working PT in the States? From what I understand, you don't lose any of your benefit by working 'light' and supplementing your pension. The US is fairly senior-friendly if you know all the benefits out there available for senior citizens. Especially in certain municipalities  that are making an effort to raise the minimum wages. Dunno. Just my take.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #488 on: August 21, 2018, 10:34:09 AM »
Maxx, I'm sure you can do it.
My mother,75, was diagnosed last year with diabetes,  likely not as severe as your case,but she isnt a fan of taking drugs if it can be avoided.After several physicians told her it wasnt possible to avoid,she researched those who had done well without, and followed a strict dietary regimen and exercise (she is always active regardless).
  At this point she tests completely normal, and while watching what she eats  no longer
has the real strict regimen.

You know what is irritating Jumper? The doctors don't tell you it is possible to lick diabetes. The last nurse I spoke to in physical therapy told me if I made it to 80 I wouldn't make it much beyond that as diabetics almost never do. My age to 80 is the same amount time as I've known you and GQ.

My mother first noticed I might have diabetes back in 2009. I was visiting her for the day and I kept drinking glass after glass of milk (The worst thing you can drink if you are a diabetic) and going to the bathroom every 15 minutes. She set me up with a doctor's visit. I was told I was a type two diabetic. Rather depressing when I used to brag that I never took a medication in my life and had no pains or dysfunctions. Then get an old person's disease?

Today I took my glucose (sugar) readings 12 times. I averaged a 128.6 glucose level for the day. A high of 138 and a low of 103. Caloric intake, 1050. I need 2900 calories a day to maintain my weight. A deficit of 3500 calories equals 1 pound lost.

Yesterday I took a number glucose readings before and after eating eggs, meat (bacon, I found some good stuff) and coffee/milk. I noticed no difference in the readings from before and after. 5 days ago I am ashamed to say, I ate a Big Mac with fries. Blood glucose levels went to 300 and it took 3 hours to come back down.

I have doing a lot of cooking. Today I cooked a roast beef with onions, mushrooms, garlic and lots of spices. It was on the stove simmering for 6 hours. All day I have been getting by on just coffee with zero-fat milk. I tried shopping for almond milk but no success. They have a super grocery store in the Tbilisi Mall. They might have what I need there.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #489 on: August 21, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »
Yesterday I took a number glucose readings before and after eating eggs, meat (bacon, I found some good stuff) and coffee/milk. I noticed no difference in the readings from before and after. 5 days ago I am ashamed to say, I ate a Big Mac with fries. Blood glucose levels went to 300 and it took 3 hours to come back down.

I have doing a lot of cooking. Today I cooked a roast beef with onions, mushrooms, garlic and lots of spices. It was on the stove simmering for 6 hours. All day I have been getting by on just coffee with zero-fat milk. I tried shopping for almond milk but no success. They have a super grocery store in the Tbilisi Mall. They might have what I need there.

Holy Devil's menu, Batman!

Egg whites, baby. Do away with the yolk if you must. Stay away from milk, even milk substitutes (they contain loads of carrageenan, and despite FDA's approval that it's safe. It's used as a *natural* preservative. Not too much thought needs to be used to understand what a *preservative* does to your liver and tracts. You may as well gorge on twinkies). Potatoes. All forms of soda, Bacon.. Mayo/ketchup. Sugar. Bread. Sadly, most if not all of the food we deemed sooo delicious including most fruits, some vegetables. At least until you stabilize your health and your weight.

If nothing else, maybe a little moderation is called for man. phsyt! But do as you wish Bruddah!
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #490 on: August 21, 2018, 11:14:38 AM »
350 lbs!

Exercising is wonderful, maxx. But if you don't watch what you're eating it'll prove to be an exercise in futility (no pun). Be kind to your liver and kidney. They aren't as young as you anymore. Low impact exercises preferably. Lift weights if you like, but I'd suggest an hour of Tai Chi in the morning will be great. Been doing this a while now and loving it. There's a reason why billions of aging Chinese do this everyday, you know.

My wife introduced me to buckwheat in place of rice. While it isn't *completely* a cure-all, the difference from grain products is astronomical, especially when compared to rice. Wild rice, if you can find it, will be wonderful. I've said on this thread maxx, food is fuel to your body. You don't watch what you put in it, your body will breakdown in an accelerated rate regardless how much you 'run' (exercise) it. Even something as innocent as 'bread' will kill you.

It's been said: Better a thousand times careful, than once dead.

As for making ends meet, can you supplement your SS by working PT in the States? From what I understand, you don't lose any of your benefit by working 'light' and supplementing your pension. The US is fairly senior-friendly if you know all the benefits out there available for senior citizens. Especially in certain municipalities  that are making an effort to raise the minimum wages. Dunno. Just my take.

350 on an average person would be like 425 on me. When I was weightlifting I got down to 285. and looked pretty good. Of course I must have had 30 pounds of extra muscle on me.

Buckwheat is rather unknown in the US. Here as in Russia it is quite common. I like the stuff. It is not a grain or related to wheat. In fact it is a flower seed related to rhubarb. My study on it is it is really healthy.

Another healthy meal is oatmeal. I add in a table spoon of cinnamon for taste and cinnamon is an old time treatment for diabetes (Did you know that?). Also I add in some raisons. Perhaps I shouldn't as raisons have iron and iron isn't good for us men.

Bread, rice and potatoes "white food" is killer. Wild rice, in abundance in Minnesota, but not here (I should set up an import business for it). I heard that white rice if cooked with a spoon of coconut oil in the water and then kept in the refrigerator overnight loses half its calories. They become indigestible.

The best thing to make money overseas is going into business. Unfortunately the Social Security Administration will not allow SS recipients below full retirement age to start businesses overseas without forfeiting their retirement. We also cannot go into partnerships or work more than 45 hours a month (a month not a week). Also if I make more than $1300 a month I lose one dollar in SS benefits for every two dollars I earn. That is until I reach full retirement age. After that the rules are off of me. That will be in May of next year.

Making money in the US means living there. With that comes the high costs of living. Honestly I'd do better owning and operating an American hotdog stand along the boardwalk in Batumi. I wouldn't do hotdogs though. I would do Chinese and Mexican food. This was an experiment in Sweet and Sour Chicken I made. I've tested it on 8 Georgians I know. They all loved it (or at least they said they did).

Offline BC

« Reply #491 on: August 21, 2018, 11:41:04 AM »
Hi Maxx,

Glad to see you having fun as an ex-pat, enjoying life as it comes.

Cheers!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #492 on: August 21, 2018, 11:49:46 AM »
Dude-

Had I been your younger brother, I'd get you straight with no mess, no fuss. Your diet is diabolical!

Oatmeal is awesome. Rich in fiber and brings down your cholesterol! Replace raisins with blueberries - no milk! Takes a while to get used to it, but make it a bit 'soggier' than usual so you don't think you need to add milk. Yes, cinnamon! Nutmeg. Tumeric (but not on oatmeal).

I'm glad to see you noted those grain-related yummies...avoid it like a plague. Or at least moderate the intake of these sugar-boosting crap disguised as carbo.

Benefits of coconut oil had been way too exagerated. Rice, especially white rice (all varieties) is fake food, man. If you must have rice unto your routine, kill yourself slower and use brown rice instead. That is, if you can't get your hands on buckwheat or wild rice. If such aren't available and white rice is all there is - add a quarter teaspoon of vinegar and sprinkle some tumeric.

Mexican food?!? Are you serious? The only food Mexicans eat that I'd recommend is avocado. Not guacomole either. Beans? Nope. Rice? Nope. Tomatoes? Nope. Meats? Moderated. Salsa? Hell no! Tortillas? Eat nails instead. Even in LA, you'll be hard-pressed to see a healthy, slim aging Mexican.

As for Sweet&Sour! Damn! 30 lashes for you, man. Pineapple, red peppers, flour...you have a much better chance for life running straight against a semi. Oh wait, you already know that!

Maxx, as fact, I know there's a lot of apartments here in LA specifically available for seniors only. These are located in the nicer neighborhood too. All you have to show is your ID to verify your age. Give you an example, in one nice area where the average rent runs anywhere from $2,200-$3,000.00/mo rent for a 1BR unit, a senior apartment of the same quality located in the same neighborhood runs for $650.00-$800.00/mo - depending on SF. It's becoming prevalent almost everywhere. I'm almost certain these numbers will be 'relatively' lower in places less expensive than L.A.

As for working, even Walmart encourages senior hiring. You see a lot these folks working as door greeters, garden sections, etc...light work. Government subsidized. They pay them just to be there. Heck, that $1,300.00/mo you speak of can more than pay for a cushy apartment including your utlities (senior rates) in a nice neighborhood. then you have the rest of your pension for everything else, and hopefully not for Sweet&Sour ingredients.

Enough of this, man. You know what you need to do. It's your life anyway and I'm sure you're aware we all only have one shot at this.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 11:52:16 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #493 on: August 21, 2018, 12:44:59 PM »
Dude-

Had I been your younger brother, I'd get you straight with no mess, no fuss. Your diet is diabolical!

It's late here and I'll be glad to pickup the conversation in the morning, my morning.

My receipt for Sweet and Sour Sauce is 1 part vinegar 1 part sugar and 1 part ketchup with a splash of soy sauce. Then thicken it on the stove over a low heat (about an hour). The pineapple is a fruit so it makes it healthy. So goodnight.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #494 on: August 21, 2018, 01:24:59 PM »

It's late here and I'll be glad to pickup the conversation in the morning, my morning.

My receipt for Sweet and Sour Sauce is 1 part vinegar 1 part sugar and 1 part ketchup with a splash of soy sauce. Then thicken it on the stove over a low heat (about an hour). The pineapple is a fruit so it makes it healthy. So goodnight.

:(  Good night maxx.

Pineapple is a wonderful fruit despite its sugar content (fructose/carbohydrates). Beyond the vitamins and minerals it has, it also have enzymes that aids in your digestion.

The bad thing about your recipe is mixing pineapple with sugar AND ketchup! It is akin to sending a sugar-loaded torpedo right at your liver. Pineapple can spike your sugar level intake because it has a natural way to speed up your glycemic index (GI). A lot of fruits do this beyond its natural fructose content. Some are higher in its ratio than others.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #495 on: August 21, 2018, 11:33:12 PM »
You can never outrun your diet. No matter how hard you try.

You really need to cut out sugar from your diet. It took me a year. It's like a drug addiction. Then cutting out wheat took three months. After that dropping all other grains, potatoes, beans, milk, and fruits was relatively easy.

If you adopt a strict ketogenic diet you'll drop body fat. But it can be difficult making the transition.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #496 on: August 21, 2018, 11:51:13 PM »

My blood glucose level this morning is 102.

That is normal, normal for non-diabetics. This is phenomenal for me and very encouraging that I am on the right track! (Normal is 70 to 110. I'll work on getting to the 70s, 80s or 90s. Below the 70s is low blood sugar and that is a bad thing.)

My waking blood glucose levels these past four days have been:
This is a result, in my opinion, of carb restriction and intermittent fasting.

Yesterday I did a 24 hour fast. That is from 8 PM of two days ago to 8 PM yesterday that I didn't eat. Yesterday I drank 4 cups of coffee with a little zero fat milk to kill the bitter taste. Today is going to be a different day. I am going to keep a close watch on my blood glucose levels. I want to see the effect and levels of eating low carb high protein food. So I am about to eat some bacon and eggs and measure my glucose levels 30 minutes, one hour and two hours afterwards.

The other thing I am going to do today is get to the gym. I have many hundreds of hours of working out in gyms so I know what to do there. I've had training by bodybuilders and weightlifters (There is a difference) both in the US and in Georgia. My plan is to workout two days a week. The days I workout like today, will be a day I eat more protein. And I will have the same diet the next day. Then on the third day I will do the 24 hour fast. That is called "intermittent fasting". Calorie restriction has been proven to extend life in all organisms including man. Intermittent fasting is hybrid of daily fasting with calorie restriction. Some studies say it works the same as calorie restriction (fasting), with the same results. Not sure of this but it certainly helps one lose weight.

I am going to switch back and forth on intermittent fasting and low carb days and see how this diet goes. I'll start the exercising at the gym at the beginning of the month. I don't want to mix the two, diet and exercising because I am interested in what diet alone can do for me and possibly for other diabetics. I'm a lab rat I guess  :popcorn: without the popcorn.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:13:00 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #497 on: August 22, 2018, 01:52:36 AM »
You can never outrun your diet. No matter how hard you try.

You really need to cut out sugar from your diet. It took me a year. It's like a drug addiction. Then cutting out wheat took three months. After that dropping all other grains, potatoes, beans, milk, and fruits was relatively easy.

If you adopt a strict ketogenic diet you'll drop body fat. But it can be difficult making the transition.

GQ, RWD123 and others.  The post of Sweet and Sour Chicken is not an indication of what I normally eat. I would eat that only in very limited quantities and not often. I would do so only for testing of something I would like to feed to guests and possibly sell to the public. I've checked many times before my present diet and such food does not exist here. Those that offer Chinese food even the Chinese living Georgia, really muck it up. It is gaud awful! So I am doing some market testing for a possible future business. That would be for when I meet full retirement age of 66, next year. 

Chinese food, American style, is one of the worst food groups a person can eat. Pure poison. Not only is it loaded with lots of sugar some of it is deep fried in vegetable oil. The same for Mexican food, American style.

So what I want is to find 5 main dishes to serve plus three sides, egg rolls, cream cheese puffs and pot stickers. The reason I would limit the choices to five or so is because offering too many choices results in less sales. Market research has shown that when a person is given a handful of choices they are more likely to buy than if offered many, many choices. What happens is a person faced many choices can't decide what looks or is best, so they pass. The same could be said of those guys who meet lots and lots of FSU women. ;D

My blood glucose readings today:

Getting the glucose levels low is key to weight loss. If they are high it is harder to lose weight.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 02:49:17 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #498 on: August 22, 2018, 02:01:02 AM »
Dude-

Replace raisins with blueberries

Big thanks on that! It hadn't occurred to me. This diet I've been on, today being the forth day, I haven't eaten oatmeal yet. But I am thinking of adding it into a mid-afternoon meal. I'll be doing the glucose testing before and after to see how much of a carb affect it has. Oatmeal is "heart healthy" they say and the blueberries are chock full of antioxidants. So thanks again GQ!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #499 on: August 22, 2018, 02:10:12 AM »
Hi Maxx,

Glad to see you having fun as an ex-pat, enjoying life as it comes.

Cheers!

Thanks BC!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540892
Total Topics: 20846