It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Looks like all FSU women are unfaithful...  (Read 32580 times)

Offline notforone

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Looks like all FSU women are unfaithful...
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2014, 01:50:39 PM »
NotforOne,

I don't agree with your criticism of the women in this video.  To me it looks like a cross section of what is probably the norm although I have never been to Russia.  There are few 'skin and bones' women that we find on MOB sites, (in the video) but for the most part they look like healthy, normal, attractive women.

Being married to a Ukrainian and having made trips to Ukraine, surly you have noticed a proportionate number of heavy and downright fat women in Ukraine as well.

I don't recall seeing that many chubby girls on the streets in ukraine. Maybe I was only looking at the attractive ones  :o

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, there is no argument there. For me, RUW wife material must be 5.7 or taller, 115-125 depending on how tall, and nicely shaped bod, perky breasts, nice tush. Then, there are things such as education, character. etc.

I cannot see how anyone would get so excited about the girls in the video. They are young, I give them this. Some are pretty, the majority are average at best, and a fair chunk are simply yikes. I'm curious what type of festivities are these? Are all these girls getting married?

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2014, 10:10:07 PM »
Not a wedding, nor a beauty pageant. Not intended to showcase "the hottest" ladies.

This is a bridal fare and women's bridal race. In a small cities such events must use every available young lady. I'm guessing that some of these could possibly upper high school age, others may be already married.

This particular event is held in most cities across Russia and is sponsored by Cosmopolitan magazine (yes, that Cosmo), and it is not a beauty contest. That might be part of the confusion.

Cosmopolitan magazine is building their readership brand in the FSU and they need every female reader, not just the slim/beautiful ones. These bridal fares include a race where the ladies run a race while in wedding gowns and high heels. They also feature a dance and runway competition of sorts.

The key is that these are sponsored by Cosmo, but the local events are not run by the magazine. The magazine issues ideas and guidelines, and then the ladies in each city operate and organize the event. Prizes can include wedding gowns, discounts on wedding services, restaurant gift certificates, stays at local resorts, limo rides, etc. All this is done to promote local wedding vendors in each city while Cosmopolitan gets the name brand recognition.

Cosmo magazine publishes the top gals from the local voting. Sometimes it is not exactly a fair election as relatives stuff ballots, buy out votes, etc. Cosmo enjoys the publicity because it gives them a local presence in each city. The ladies enjoy it because, well, most ladies enjoy that kind of stuff.

Here is some of Cosmopolitan's coverage from around Russia: http://www.cosmo.ru/tag/brides/ These kinds of "crowd events" bring readers, regardless of what some of the ladies may look like, because every young lady is a prime target to be a Cosmo subscriber.

As to looks and fitness of the local ladies in Old Oskol, again it is faulty to make specific comparisons. Having spent a lot of time in Ukraine, and living in Russia, were I to drop the casual visitor into a city blindfolded, in most cases the visitor simply would not know whether they were in Russia or Ukraine. Some areas of Ukraine have more beautiful ladies that others, same for Russia.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2014, 10:28:19 PM »
I don't recall seeing that many chubby girls on the streets in ukraine. Maybe I was only looking at the attractive ones  :o

Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder, there is no argument there. For me, RUW wife material must be 5.7 or taller, 115-125 depending on how tall, and nicely shaped bod, perky breasts, nice tush. Then, there are things such as education, character. etc.

I cannot see how anyone would get so excited about the girls in the video. They are young, I give them this. Some are pretty, the majority are average at best, and a fair chunk are simply yikes. I'm curious what type of festivities are these? Are all these girls getting married?

You may have your preferences and you may even be able to afford your preferences at least in the short term, however it's simply disrespectful to talk about any lady who does not meet your stringent and unflexible demands as not being beautiful in her own way.  Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder and furthermore most guys would much rather be with a woman who makes them happy then a "perfect" 8, 9 or 10 who makes them very unhappy.  Character and personality do matter to most people and you seem to be showing your lack of it by harping about it.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2014, 02:53:22 AM »
You may have your preferences and you may even be able to afford your preferences at least in the short term, however it's simply disrespectful to talk about any lady who does not meet your stringent and unflexible demands as not being beautiful in her own way.  Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder and furthermore most guys would much rather be with a woman who makes them happy then a "perfect" 8, 9 or 10 who makes them very unhappy.  Character and personality do matter to most people and you seem to be showing your lack of it by harping about it.
+1
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline ML

« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2014, 10:52:31 AM »
Character and personality do matter to most people . . .

Indeed, these are very important.

I am thankful every day that Ochka is such a pleasant person to be around.

Always smiling, no drama, even tempered, easy to please, happy to do most any activity proposed, etc.

But the woman still needs to have a satisfactory (varies from man to man) body and a non-ugly face.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2014, 10:55:01 AM »
For me, RUW wife material must be 5.7 or taller, 115-125 depending on how tall, and nicely shaped bod, perky breasts, nice tush. Then, there are things such as education, character. etc.

Probably better put the education and character first; then see how close you can get to achieving the physical characteristics.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline notforone

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2014, 01:46:23 PM »
God forbid I told the truth.

I read some of you and what you look for or why you chose whomever you did and I think what broads are these guys able to get in their own countries. I know in the states a divorced guy 35-55 can more or less get what he deserves. If you have education, you can get educated woman. If you have looks, money, can get about the same. That is, if you appear as a confident, experienced guy in real life not just in the internet. So, if you're not looking for something of substantially more value and you're ok with a normal, average looking, woman of about the same age as yours, then why do you even bother looking in fsu? Maybe because all American women are fuglies with big assess and bad attitudes and cannot see a real catch ... or maybe because fsu broads are super hyper feminine, and cater to the man, they live to give the man pleasure, and they are of course the best women on earth duh!

Since most of you agree with each other (am shocked!), continue tapping each other on the shoulder while waiting on the sidelines for the occasional 'newbies' to sell  them on 'experience' and 'success'.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2014, 02:01:05 PM »
You told your truth.  That's fine.  However, it is not the only truth, nor does it mean every man is looking for what you are looking for.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Chicagoguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2014, 04:22:22 PM »

I am thankful every day that Ochka is such a pleasant person to be around.

Always smiling, no drama, even tempered, easy to please, happy to do most any activity proposed, etc.

But the woman still needs to have a satisfactory (varies from man to man) body and a non-ugly face.

Ditto ML

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2014, 10:04:47 PM »

I read some of you and what you look for or why you chose whomever you did and I think what broads are these guys able to get in their own countries. I know in the states a divorced guy 35-55 can more or less get what he deserves. If you have education, you can get educated woman. If you have looks, money, can get about the same. That is, if you appear as a confident, experienced guy in real life not just in the internet. So, if you're not looking for something of substantially more value and you're ok with a normal, average looking, woman of about the same age as yours, then why do you even bother looking in fsu? Maybe because all American women are fuglies with big assess and bad attitudes and cannot see a real catch ... or maybe because fsu broads are super hyper feminine, and cater to the man, they live to give the man pleasure, and they are of course the best women on earth duh!

Since most of you agree with each other (am shocked!), continue tapping each other on the shoulder while waiting on the sidelines for the occasional 'newbies' to sell  them on 'experience' and 'success'.

According to what I read of your preferences you put a woman's looks first and it's a narrow range.  You might be missing out on a much better woman, as far as her character and her personality and her values if you would expand your preferences. 

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2014, 01:44:48 AM »
while waiting on the sidelines for the occasional 'newbies' to sell  them on 'experience' and 'success'.

Newbies come here to learn more about experience and success. Often an experienced member can learn from a newbie, too. The dumb ones, whether new or old, are unwilling to receive input from others.

If I read your avator info correctly, you are already married. That means that you have accomplished some things that new members might find helpful. Ultimate success is translated into healthy families that are long term. That is why many married members are here--to share and learn from others.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2014, 08:30:53 AM »

If I read your avator info correctly, you are already married. That means that you have accomplished some things that new members might find helpful. Ultimate success is translated into healthy families that are long term. That is why many married members are here--to share and learn from others.
I am twelve years younger than you (give or take from what I can tell). I also met a few Ukrainian girls online in the early part of the last decade and went over for visits. All girls were 18-21 year old. I ended up marrying a hot 19-year old college student. She left her college to move to the states with me. She was a smart girl like your Lena and spoke English well. We divorced seven years later. She was not a passport seeker or a gold digger. She got a lot of help from me to get herself re-educated in a different field (she returned all that money later). After she was re-educated, she found a job. Less than a year later, she filed for a divorce.  Sounds similar to your story, but with no kids. After the divorce was completed, I asked her when she decided she wanted out and she answered at about the mid-point of our marriage. She could have filed earlier since the conditions on her permanent residence had been removed. However, she simply wanted to finish her degree and find a job first (the last part is my speculation). She had her many complaints about the marriage as I had mine. She has done very well professionally and did not re-marry since then.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2014, 12:23:49 PM »
Thank you, Bo.

Offline chooter

« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »

Boy howdy, I bet my wife would never meet up to you expectations and maybe fantasies. She's 59. 5'10" tall with longggg legs and weighs 132. She's a beauty in my eyes and turns heads when she's out and about.  She's even had teenagers and 20ish guys hit on her.

Oskol, a 13.5 overnight train ride from Kursky Station in Moscow, city of about 255,000 in a mining district and has 1000's of gorgeous single women in it looking for husbands.  They're intelligent, sweet, have beautiful smiles and personalities. Very seldom will find one on a personal's site but, the city of Belgorod is only 5 hours away and is also loaded with gorgeous single women looking for husbands. More of them are on the personal site.

My wife told me if you're fortunate enough to get a Staryj Oskol girl you have hit the mother load of gold. I'll have to agree with her since that's where she was born and lived until she moved to Moscow and my wife is pure gold to me.

My wife's friend, a Staryj Oskol girl, is a real beauty with a smile like a bright sunshine. At her wedding, married a guy from Gainesville, Ga, were gorgeous long legged, short legged, plump as you say, tall and slim, smiles smiles, smiles....all but two of them were single...my wife and another girl and she looked miserable with her Russian husband.

Staryj Oskol. I'm sure looking forward to returning to that city with all those gorgeous and very friendly women...with my wife of course because I will be with my Staryj Oskol Queen.

We saw some of the video being filmed and I'll leave you with this...sometimes the camera doesn't show the real beauty in a woman.
Course, you may not won't to ride 13.5 hours on an overnight train to see and meet some of these ladies. Entertainment there, a putt putt golf course and a few bars and eating joints. Plenty of non interference time with a girl.

Oh, I forgot to mention...many more women there than men...hardly any competition.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 11:15:03 PM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline Gator

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2014, 10:13:27 AM »
I have traveled to provincial towns.  There are many fine women walking around, and as you say many are not with a man.  Also, none of the trailer hitches had any chrome remaining.   ;)

One problem, English language.    What was your experience with the general level of spoken English? 

Offline chooter

« Reply #90 on: December 20, 2014, 11:59:40 AM »
Hi Gator, good question.  On my many trips to Russia I never really paid much attention to how many Russian's knew English. I was always with someone that spoke English.  When we got to Staryj,Oskol I had a sense that things were different there, very friendly, people smiled and would stop and talk to each other.

My wife and I were in a jeans store shopping for jeans for herself and our grands. She was holding a pair of jeans and asked me what I thought. The manager of the store smiled and said...American and I say yes. She started talking to me in English and told me she was happy to be talking to me and using her English.

This also happened in a food store with two girls at the same time. They both seemed excited to be able to talk to someone using English, one of them being a cashier.

The same thing happened at the post office with a girl and another girl that was exchanging money for us in shopping mall and they both seemed excited using their English with an American.

I think it dawned on me then that maybe a lot of Russian women speak some English and the reason you don't hear it when out and about is English is not their native language so they don't use it.

Staryj Oskol was a city that I felt comfortable in being an American. Everyone that I came in contact with was very friendly towards me even though we saw three convoys of Russian tanks and missile launchers and troops going to the Ukraine border which was not that far away.
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline Jumper

« Reply #91 on: December 20, 2014, 01:00:46 PM »

What truth?

Newbies can easily follow your path,
find a 19yo hottie and see how long it lasts.

Seems you are using the same criteria this time, as it worked out reasonably well for you last time.

Newbies could expect the same general result,at best, at worst  a lot more grief.

Since you are focused on one main criteria, age/appearance,
and  you feel FSU women arn't attractive enough to be worth your time, don't pursue them, easy enough right?

They were the last go around, do you feel something has changed?

I don't see the point.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2466
Total: 2476

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM