It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: When the pool shrinks  (Read 12209 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2023, 03:47:35 AM »
wehether Ukraine, UK, or USofA
the pool of "elidgible" men will always be a puddle
while the pool of desperate men will be deeper than the sea...
and ya'll be just just a little drop of water in that infinite sea...

so home boyz the size of your pool ain't as important as which pool you in
and WTF, ya'll don't know how to swim anyway...

if you can't find the path
maybe you didn't look hard enuff
cuz it's pretty much always right in freakin front of you
but you don't see it

That's the funny thing if I go to the FSU all of a sudden I move into the 'eligible men' category. A 3 hour flight which is nothing really transforms me into a big fish better than most of the local guys when really I'm much the same as them in my home country lol. Difference being for doing much the same level of job I'm earning a whole lot more. If I get similar level of inflow of money coming in from renting out rooms in my house the same magic continues. So if I have a relationship out there the girl is none the wiser, she thinks I am well off but really I am just like them.

Back home I could mostly only get a girl who is one I don't want that doesn't do it for me, the obese, the unattractive, the girls who are socially awkward, bad character traits etc. Most of the decent girls really want a guy who is way above them in the pecking order. Added to that women competing with men in the workplace and their outlook is wholly unrealistic.

However, I think one of the issues was with Ukraine, etc that in parts, particularly in the big cities like Kyiv they were getting reasonably well off before the war and also the virus. As I think Boe said on here life there was becoming a bit like like anywhere almost. Sure sone differences remained but the good old days that you enjoyed Krim post USSR break up were much older dudes could be seen with much younger chicks were becoming less frequent. As I found when I was sitting in Shevchenko Park the summer before the virus outbreak the girls were no longer desperate to land a foreign guy, not there at least where generally the impression I got that the then well heeled young student types frequented mostly from comfortably of families.

The virus but I think to a greater extent the war has reset alm of that, Ukraine's economy is back in the sh*t along with Russia's, Moldova, etc. Worse than that it's having its buildings blown up and the place made an apocalyptic dump wherever the Russian Army ventures in Ukraine.

I kind of accept the point though that despite losses of men at the front that it may not necessarily translate into a more easier dating situation, it might it might not. It's kind of fluid I guess, I may find that I have a better dating situation traveling to Moldova this April than travelling to Ukraine at the end of the war, if that is at all desirable given the state the place may be in. With a lot of Ukrainian female refugees crossing the border into Poland but also Moldova it could be a gold mine after all Moldova is(was?) even poorer than Ukraine so the female Ukrainian refugees their will have about the same pool of guys to house from, if not worse than they did in Ukraine. All the while potentially losing the guys they may have been with from Ukraine at the front.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2023, 07:15:04 AM »
Trenchcoat, I started the FSU dating in 1998 where there were a lot more women interested. Russian/Ukraine economies were very bad. They would travel to cities to attend the socials. Many guys had a woman in their room in a few days. I heard a lot of desperate stories from the women. A lot of fiancee visas started before the guys left. Girls would approach me at the socials. It was a bit much. Things changed in a few years as economy improved, internet opened up, and women become more educated about life and men outside of the FSU. Then, it became more challenging with women being more selective in leaving.
   With that being said, the worst thing is for women to become desperate. It opens up men to a lot of risk to becoming a mule who will be left as soon as the women have better options. Yes, it was great to have so many women interested but the long-term interest was not there. You want a woman who chooses you for you and not because she has to get out of a bad situation ASAP.
   I traveled to Ukraine and to Moscow/St. Pete. The women were more educated and selective at Moscow/St Pete but I still went to Moscow 3 times. Both Ukraine and Russia were great but sometimes I felt that Moscow/St Pete was a good choice for me since the women were educated and more selective. But my situation was different in that I was looking for a place to semi-retire than to bring a woman here.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2023, 07:55:54 AM »

I recall at the beginning of this conflict you were all, 'this ain't our war so has nothing to do with us' and didn't want your son to go fight. Since those days you've been pretty gung ho on here in quite a marked turn around. This isn't an attack on you, you're quite entitled to your view but if your so gung ho about it all why aren't you or your son going out there to fight? Sitting behind a screen as a keyboard warrior isn't aiding their situation.

You're totally wrong yet again Trench...you certainly are consistent.

From the very start of this war i said the UK and USA need to support Ukraine because of the BUDAPEST AGREEMENT....you know where we encouraged Ukraine to give up their nukes.If Ukraine still had those nukes there would be no orc invasion today .

So there has been NO marked turn around from me at all.

I suggest you go back and read the arguments between me and GQBlues on here about this very subject...before he shuffled off the site.
He was adamant the USA shouldn't support Ukraine in any way,probably influenced by having a Russian wife..just like the berk who runs the other site which is heavily pro-russian.
Some men can't think for themselves..fortunately other men with Russian wives can as seen on here,and of course not all Russian women are Putler fangirls.

Like you he had to resort to saying my son should go and fight then, because he was losing the argument..just like you are now.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2023, 08:20:55 AM »
CB as I said it was not an attack on you merely it is a curious factual position. You are egging on people to go fight or do aid work as you did with me on here but neither you or your son as military men are wishing to do so. I am hearing excuses but I'm not hearing any desire for yourselves to I get involved. If either of you were truly committed to the fight for Ukraine you would get out there and quit with the excuses.

Russia I truly believe would have overrun Ukraine quickly had they not used extremely poor strategy. Most would have expected them to use a decent strategy but they messed up by making such big mistakes, chiefly among them not attacking Ukraine from all sides at once, a clear Ukrainian geographic problem and not attacking down the land border with the EU/other European nations. It is fortunate for Ukraine that I am pro-Ukraine and not a Russian deploying the strategy for such an invasion.

As to my dating life well I see I have upset you but it doesn't alter the fact that you are egging others on but not willing to stump up yourself. Both you and your son could get out there and really be a part of the Ukrainian war effort. If you both set aside your comfortable lives in the west and what you are presently doing and future plans you could be part of the magnificent crusade for real against Russia that you always are so enamoured with on here.

The war is happening today out in Ukraine but you seem to have no intention of going out there and joining Ukraine in its war effort. What kind of a military man does that make you and your son????

Do you want to be the guy talking big about the Ukrainian war in future but fall silent when someone asks you if you were out there and your role? Arriving perhaps on holiday after and missing the war? The opportunity exists to get out there today. I can't believe you talk so passionately on here about Ukraine winning the war but are willing to sit back in your chair and be an Arm Chair General.

It's today the fight is happening, tommorow is too late and you would have sat back talked the talk but ultimately done nothing.

I have explained to you why neither i or my son has fought in Ukraine.They're not excuses,they're valid reasons.
If you can't tell the difference then maybe you suffer from some form of Autism ?

The BBC and Sky News both followed volunteers from the UK going to Ukraine to fight last year and being rejected because they didn't have the relevant military experience required....of course that doesn't suit your agenda does it ?

Of course that wouldn't prevent us going and doing aid runs over there ,but he's at Uni and has no particular affinity for Ukraine.He gets plenty of English girlfriends and has no interest in foreign women.
Despite that he will be joining the Military in about 18 months time,knowing full well the risks involved in doing so at this time.

As for me.as i have told you many times  on here...once again go back and read my posts...i have no particular affinity for Ukraine either ,as in my one visit there ended up with the woman i travelled to meet attempting to scam me for 300 USD,so why should i risk my life for them ?

You're the guy who wants to hook up with a Ukrainian hottie...not me or my son,...so it's on you to go and do something out there to help them..not expect people like me or my son to do your dirty work for you .

I suggested you go and do aid runs out there as a way to make a very good impression on Ukrainian hotties there...as i know a married guy doing that and he's fighting the women off ...because you're the bloke who wants one on your arm.
But no ,you being the coward you are you respond by saying me and my son should go and fight out there instead..trying to deflect and cover up your lack of courage.

By the way show us where i've suggested others go out there,apart from you, as you claimed.

You're the guy who won't even put his hand in his pocket to help the Ukrainian Military or civilians...so not only are you a coward..you're a tight-fisted coward.

Yeah the Ukrainian hotties will certainly fall at your feet LOL.

At least i give some financial aid to various outlets out there..supporting both Military and civilians...and i'm the one who has no intention of ever going back there,despite some of them now inviting me to visit after they've won the war,so they can thank me personally.

You're the guy full of excuses.

Capiche ?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 08:53:30 AM by Chelseaboy »
Just saying it like it is.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2023, 10:07:18 AM »
Trench....
no 'bro
you misunderstand the eligible man pool
this ain't the pool you in
you in the other foul, stinky one
the desperate man pool with Bee Farmer likely peeing in it (he's fixated on his little wee-wee)

your real struggle, is how ya get out of this pool, into the nice one surrounded by scantily attired wimmin....
poverty is one of the things standin in your way, but there's more
if you WERE an eligible man, some woman already would have snagged you
cuz eligible men are like gold to them, precious and RARE
what base metal are you Trench? 
it's gold the female prospectors all want
gold
and not lead or something baser

if you have actual lead, though I buy scrap lead, I pay $1 per pound
and yes, I am a lead collector

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 12:24:57 PM by krimster2 »

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2023, 10:20:40 AM »
I felt that Moscow/St Pete was a good choice for me since the women were educated and more selective. But my situation was different in that I was looking for a place to semi-retire than to bring a woman here.

Those are two cities with pleasant weather for those looking for retirment places . . . right ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2023, 10:36:39 AM »
"hose are two cities with pleasant weather for those looking for retirment places . . . right ?"

sure 20 years from now
at the end of this century, Alaska will be biggest agricultural region of the usa
while the midwst wheat belt will be dry and dusty

in a couple of more years I'm gonna move outta the south
an early climate refugee

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2023, 12:36:41 PM »

I have explained to you why neither i or my son has fought in Ukraine.They're not excuses,they're valid reasons.
If you can't tell the difference then maybe you suffer from some form of Autism ?

The BBC and Sky News both followed volunteers from the UK going to Ukraine to fight last year and being rejected because they didn't have the relevant military experience required....of course that doesn't suit your agenda does it ?

Of course that wouldn't prevent us going and doing aid runs over there ,but he's at Uni and has no particular affinity for Ukraine.He gets plenty of English girlfriends and has no interest in foreign women.
Despite that he will be joining the Military in about 18 months time,knowing full well the risks involved in doing so at this time.

As for me.as i have told you many times  on here...once again go back and read my posts...i have no particular affinity for Ukraine either ,as in my one visit there ended up with the woman i travelled to meet attempting to scam me for 300 USD,so why should i risk my life for them ?

You're the guy who wants to hook up with a Ukrainian hottie...not me or my son,...so it's on you to go and do something out there to help them..not expect people like me or my son to do your dirty work for you .

I suggested you go and do aid runs out there as a way to make a very good impression on Ukrainian hotties there...as i know a married guy doing that and he's fighting the women off ...because you're the bloke who wants one on your arm.
But no ,you being the coward you are you respond by saying me and my son should go and fight out there instead..trying to deflect and cover up your lack of courage.

By the way show us where i've suggested others go out there,apart from you, as you claimed.

You're the guy who won't even put his hand in his pocket to help the Ukrainian Military or civilians...so not only are you a coward..you're a tight-fisted coward.

Yeah the Ukrainian hotties will certainly fall at your feet LOL.

At least i give some financial aid to various outlets out there..supporting both Military and civilians...and i'm the one who has no intention of ever going back there,despite some of them now inviting me to visit after they've won the war,so they can thank me personally.

You're the guy full of excuses.

Capiche ?

Ok I think I understand. Neither you nor your son has any affinity to Ukraine, it's people or women. Yet you post on here fanatically about how they are thumping the Russians. You no longer are searching for a Ukrainian woman after one tried to scam you yet you still post on here regularly. As a fellow Brexiteer I don't mind I'll let you off that one even though it makes no sense.

So what are you doing for women CB? Surely you are not eeking out a life without one?

If you are why not give the FSU another go? They are not all scammers there you just got unlucky possibly using the wrong site, agency or just got unlucky with a girl.

If you're single and unattached why not get out there for a bit of fun? Ukraine is dependent on how you feel about that one with the war but Moldova is still a nice easy bet. Spring & Summer is coming up so in a few weeks it'll lovely warm weather out there and good for enjoying the hospitality of a good woman. A great time to get out of the old man's arm chair banging away on here and enjoy good times out there.

Are you the type of guy that gives up at the first hiccup CB? That's not the military way surely. The scammer issue is random, over time you'll catch on earlier usually to a scammer without paranoia dogging you, well most of the time at least mistakes can happen if course. Main thing was that you didn't give into her and moved on. The big mistake I think though was leaving with your tail between your legs too frightened to try again for fear of the same. Most of the girls I've met and the ones I've spoken to online have been sincere enough as in not scammers. You got an unlucky start at this game but don't let that put you off get yourself on Fdate or wherever now to set up a meet or even with one of those women that wanted to thank you personally ;)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2023, 03:01:55 PM »
Trench....
no 'bro
you misunderstand the eligible man pool
this ain't the pool you in
you in the other foul, stinky one
the desperate man pool with Bee Farmer likely peeing in it (he's fixated on his little wee-wee)

your real struggle, is how ya get out of this pool, into the nice one surrounded by scantily attired wimmin....
poverty is one of the things standin in your way, but there's more
if you WERE an eligible man, some woman already would have snagged you
cuz eligible men are like gold to them, precious and RARE
what base metal are you Trench? 
it's gold the female prospectors all want
gold
and not lead or something baser

if you have actual lead, though I buy scrap lead, I pay $1 per pound
and yes, I am a lead collector

Cheers Krim, lol.

Thing is to be a rich man isn't an easy task otherwise we would all be doing it. Generally there are two routes:

1). Get Rich Quick. - So play the lottery, premium bonds, big draw prizes, long shot big pay out gambles, risky shares on the stick market. Start a business where the hope is that it will bring in a big quick return but possibly high risk initially investment. Basically get lucky, get into the right thing at the right time.

2). Get Rich Over Time. - the process of investing in property, supposedly stable shares on the stock market, supposedly sound business development, investments, etc. This route can all take time and no guaranteed success even if seemingly less risky.

So that's basically it some will try the above of either or both and fail. Some will get rich at some point. Many gamblers fail but there are always a few who get lucky. A lot of people may say start a business but it's not necessarily a sure route to a sound money spinner. How many businesses fail for whatever reason? Is there a market? Can I get enough customer? Or get enough customers to know if my existance without it costing too much in marketing? etc. The big one of course is, Is there so much competition that there isn't much profit to be made? - Imagine selling stuff on eBay or Amazon and the amount of people selling the same stuff or similar.

Often the gold nugget idea of being your own boss and making a mint over night just by deciding to set up in business can mean a lot of money potentially being lost in a failed business idea and ending up worse off plus possibly having to find employment again.

Having money behind you can help a lot as it can help success in business even if the business idea is not the best. I've heard that once you start getting money rolling in it's not too difficult to get more money rolling in through starting more businesses. Essentially either by having the investment to support a business better in the development stages or trying out business ideas and not having to worry so much about the ones that don't work.

As for me in terms of my net worth my house with rising property prices and work done on it has risen from about £40k to about £140k withing the space of about 5 years or so. My house is free of mortgage so potentially that can be tapped into to invest elsewhere for further money growth. It's a get rich (hopefully) over time strategy but one I think is slowly paying off. It may not make me a millionaire but it should hopefully make me comfortably off.

So what next, I could start a business and I have an idea on that, will it work & how well who knows. Business have the potential for cumulative growth and income so more money can be brought in and the chance to get wealthy fairly fast but that's only the businesses that succeed. Money can be sunk into getting a business going and lost.

Other idea is to buy further property abroad, possibly a villa in a hot country, somewhere warm that I can escape the cold dreary British winters from. I don't mind getting a doer upper on the cheap that way I can gain by property value gain and when I'm not there rent out the rooms. Obviously I wouldn't get a big project, something with less work than I have been doing so less conversion more renovation/refurbishment. It would kind of give me a nice place to bring girls too a more party/luxury atmosphere. That for me I think wouldn't be bad going. At what point girls notice and get attracted to a guy with a bit of wealth who knows?

I guess if a guy looks like he is his own boss, has business of some form possibly even in property that can support him. If he'd doesn't really have to do much grunt work himself but gets the money flowing in without him having to work real strenuously, perhaps that.

I saw a guy at speed dating once, he was older looking than all the other guys, greying hair, almost gangly looking. Was wearing a suit but I doubt if he looked much to the women on the looks front. Wouldn't have thought his chances are good but at the start before the event got going a fair number of women were hovering around him while he was talking about his business, forget what it was now but seemed legit. The women seemed to take interest in him over that and I guess it showed what they were after.

Always kind of a pain not to be wealthy and have it all sorted when young, imagine being in that position, easy life lol.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2023, 03:04:31 PM »
sure 20 years from now

“The Earth’s Cooling Climate,” Science News, November 15, 1969.
 “Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age,” Washington Post, January 11, 1970.•
 “Science:  Another Ice Age?”  Time Magazine, June 24, 1974.
 “The Ice Age Cometh!”  Science News, March 1, 1975.
 “The Cooling World,” Newsweek, April 28, 1975.
 “Scientists Ask Why World Climate is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead,”
New York Times, May 21, 1975.

“In the Grip of a New Ice Age?” International Wildlife July-August, 1975.
 “A Major Cooling Widely Considered to Be Inevitable,” New York Times, September 14, 1975.
 “Variations in the Earth’s Orbit, Pacemaker of the Ice Ages,” Science magazine, December 10, 1976.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

• He/Him
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2023, 03:22:45 PM »
oh my, look what happened after ALL those books were written, assuring us that this would not happen!
hint: it happened, but the authors got their writing fees from the oil co, and it's still happening, and it's gonna destoy the world you love so much...

last time I went home to Viginia
Tangier Island was half underwater
and by the end of the decade will be completely immersed
and the people who live there will all be 100% climate refugees
and thousands of acres of coastal farmland gone from rising sea level
and that's just virginia, and that's just 7 years from now

the ogdawala (sp?) aquifer that supplies ALL the groundwater to midwestern wheat fields, will be as bone dry as the colorado river 30 yr from now
the whole world is gonna be fooked in a major way
and then all the wars it's gonna cause...

the good times ain't gonna be rollin in the future holmes
not at all

you de frog sittin in the pot o' water
you ain't gonna be chillin in there
no-siree-bob you ain't

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 03:33:35 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Bee Farmer

• Trips: None (yet)
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2023, 03:38:52 PM »
Oh please, CB war goes something like this, number of dead wanna be heroes 'large percentage no.', number of maimed wanna be heroes 'large percentage no.' too, number of surviving but largely undecorated service wannabe heroes 'large percentage no.' lastly number of recognised decorated actual realised wanna be heroes, 'minute percentage no.'

It's only the last category that will have much sway on women and that is if the 'war hero'' got out sane preferably unmaimed and with at least reasonably economic prospects going forward. The rest most of the Ukrainian women won't give two figs about I've seen what they are like it will all be pretty much by the by.

That shows how much you don't know about how women think.

Watch this and pay attention to how she describes the soldier. 

I remember that aura of him, of that awe, of that disbelief in daylight, to see someone who fought for our freedom, for our ideals.
And he looked like a god to me.

Just a regular soldier who survived WWII.  And to her, he looked like a god.

Offline LAman

When the pool shrinks
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2023, 04:03:18 PM »
“The Earth’s Cooling Climate,” Science News, November 15, 1969.
 “Colder Winters Held Dawn of New Ice Age,” Washington Post, January 11, 1970.•
 “Science:  Another Ice Age?”  Time Magazine, June 24, 1974.
 “The Ice Age Cometh!”  Science News, March 1, 1975.
 “The Cooling World,” Newsweek, April 28, 1975.
 “Scientists Ask Why World Climate is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead,”
New York Times, May 21, 1975.

“In the Grip of a New Ice Age?” International Wildlife July-August, 1975.
 “A Major Cooling Widely Considered to Be Inevitable,” New York Times, September 14, 1975.
 “Variations in the Earth’s Orbit, Pacemaker of the Ice Ages,” Science magazine, December 10, 1976.

You got anything more recent than a half century ago?
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online krimster2

• He/Him
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2023, 04:07:32 PM »
when I was a young soldier boy....

I was too sexy for my uniform
too sexy, in any langauge, even cuniform

just one of the unforrms I wore..
the one with the beret was the best
women would lavish  me with attention and home cooked meals (especially childless older ones)
I could hitch rides in uniform in like 10 secs tops
and pre-AIDS sexuality, you ALWAYS, ALWAYS got 'sum
damn, I miss those days

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 04:11:00 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2023, 04:09:00 PM »
Ok I think I understand. Neither you nor your son has any affinity to Ukraine, it's people or women. Yet you post on here fanatically about how they are thumping the Russians. You no longer are searching for a Ukrainian woman after one tried to scam you yet you still post on here regularly. As a fellow Brexiteer I don't mind I'll let you off that one even though it makes no sense.

I have never searched for a UW, yet post here far more regularly than CB.

So what are you doing for women CB? Surely you are not eeking out a life without one?

Perhaps he dates locally.  Like 99.99% of men. 

As for the war, people can have no particular affinity for a country, yet understand an unjust war.  I had no particular affinity to South Africa, but recognized the perversity and unjustness of apartheid.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

When the pool shrinks
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2023, 04:20:25 PM »
Trench, I believe your "analysis" about UW jumping all over you is flawed.

I tend to agree with CB, that women, particularly women who stayed in Ukraine through the war, will be drawn to men who fought for their country.  So many have been injured, that amputees/men with facial injuries will be normalized. 

As for money, based on your stated income, keep in mind that after the war, there will be construction projects all across Ukraine.  There is a US hedge fund that has already put aside $100 billion to fund construction as an investment.  There's US$400 billion in Russian assets frozen in the West, and that likely will also be doled out to Ukraine as war reparations.  The money will be used to rebuild, and men, primarily, will have the jobs to do so.  So, there will be money from the bottom to the top.

ETA - I believe PTSD will be a huge issue in Ukraine in the future.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 04:23:28 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2023, 04:31:44 PM »
a lotta post-war movies on this subject both USA and Soviet
my review of all these kino is that people suck...
and being a war amputee sucks because of that factor + physical/medical trauma

don't worry, if you got male children, in the future ya'll gonna be INTIMATELY familiar with ALL the many details on this subject

and ya'll need to prepare yourself and your family for what's comin down the road
cuz damn I ain't never seen somethin like what I see a'comin now
perfect freakin storm holmes
whole freakin world will go nuts

I will build me an amazing bunker in the montains
patrolled by my feral grandchildren
who will drink the blood of their enemies (after boiling of course, they ain't savages)

« Last Edit: March 05, 2023, 04:44:37 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2023, 06:38:07 PM »
Let's not forget Forest Gump guys, remember Lieutenant Dan. Even the prostitutes took the pee out if him. Peoples attitudes can can quickly and I believe women's will. They tend to look at where they think their bread is best buttered and go there.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2023, 07:00:35 PM »
Trench, I believe your "analysis" about UW jumping all over you is flawed.

I tend to agree with CB, that women, particularly women who stayed in Ukraine through the war, will be drawn to men who fought for their country.  So many have been injured, that amputees/men with facial injuries will be normalized. 

As for money, based on your stated income, keep in mind that after the war, there will be construction projects all across Ukraine.  There is a US hedge fund that has already put aside $100 billion to fund construction as an investment.  There's US$400 billion in Russian assets frozen in the West, and that likely will also be doled out to Ukraine as war reparations.  The money will be used to rebuild, and men, primarily, will have the jobs to do so.  So, there will be money from the bottom to the top.

ETA - I believe PTSD will be a huge issue in Ukraine in the future.

It's questionable how much of those frozen Russian Assets they can legally get their hands on if any. It's not really a question of saying what's just and taking what's wanted. It could be legally challenged and found that they have no right to take that money. Some of it may be from Russian individuals possibly other if it the Russian State. Some of those individuals might not have anything to do with the war or even if they did still it's a case in what grounds to legally take that money. The issue has already been raised, think with the EU but there was reluctance to do anything I'm guessing because of those reasons. I don't see anything changing after the war is over if they are not moving on it now.

Ukraine has a history of being poor, I can't see that changing after the war even if victorious. People talk the talk now but unless there is money there to gain then no investment will be made. The level of corruption is already known about, what western company is going to want to invest good money in Ukraine when it risks being essentially stolen?

On to of that even if they did how long before they would get a return on their investment to break even let alone profit? Build a block of flats, an expensive task then have rents repaid in lowly ghrivna that doesn't chalk up a good return to the £, $ or € investment. People talk now but that is all it is when it gets to it excuses, delays and reasons not to do will be about and people will forget the issue very quickly.

What will happen is that the old Soviet blocks that can be rebuilt/repaired will be at least those that are needed and cost effective to do so. The population may well be less after the war as not all refugees may return then there are war dead so potentially less accomodation needed anyway. The rest will remain bomb sites and the more lucrative sites may get developed over time but likely by Ukrainian companies. Even in the UK a few WWII bombsites remained in London into the 1990s functioning as car parks so it can take a long time. I fully expect the apocalyptic ruins to remain in Ukraine almost tourist attraction like.

Anyhow, I or my fellow WM turn up and all of a sudden we look like pretty boys compared to the disfigured guys and those missing limbs guess how we're be looked upon by Ukrainian women then? ;D We won't have been expected to take part in what went down so no loss of face there but we're be a few points up on the looks front over Ukrainian guys and that's on top of what we had before. My bet is on the WM coming off best but we shall see I guess.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2023, 07:26:19 PM »
but Trench your own experince tells you this ain't TRUE
you ain't gonna be successful just by virtue of you being there...
although it DOES put you ahead of modem daters

what have you changed to get a different outcome from your past ones
if the answer is NOTHING of any real substance
then why do you expect a different outcome this time....

besides perseverance and luck, do you have some kinda strategy
what have you done to up your game?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2023, 11:35:17 PM »
but Trench your own experince tells you this ain't TRUE
you ain't gonna be successful just by virtue of you being there...
although it DOES put you ahead of modem daters

what have you changed to get a different outcome from your past ones
if the answer is NOTHING of any real substance
then why do you expect a different outcome this time....

besides perseverance and luck, do you have some kinda strategy
what have you done to up your game?

I can get women up far more easily now from dating sites as I have better photos there now. That's a pretty big sea change as it means the more women that I can get to meet in person in theory the better the odds. That said I know I need to look impressive in person hence the diet and weight training stuff. My experience of meeting FSW, discussions on here and stuff I've found out means I should be putting my foot in it a lot less often also.

Their situation has also declined in recent years out there, now if course I'm not looking for a desperate woman and probably their situation is still not as bad as post breakup of the USSR probably not yet. I do of course need a woman who is motivated into accepting a foreign dude and my plans. If a woman is sitting pretty too much and things are comfortable enough with options abound then it can be scant hunting and a much tougher time. At the moment I know that energy is a problem over in Moldova, the thought of another cold winter will not thrill women out there. I have the means to provide heating. On top of that are the Ukrainian refugee women around half a million or more though some of which are children but can guess up to perhaps 2-300,000 adult females, perhaps around 100,000 available female women.

Among those available Ukrainian refugee women many won't be loving their situation in Moldova but will probably have gone there as it's nearby, they speak a language they can understand and it's fairly close to their culture, also of course travelling distance. They will all be wanting different things, not all will want to live further abroad likely why they stopped off in Moldova, that's ok as I would rather keep the relationship out there.

I can't say for sure that I'm guaranteed success on my week out there, I might get it, but I think I am in a lot better stead now if getting it. At the very least I'll find out if the concept has much go in it, it should I think as the women will likely be motivated to looking at other possibilities than those that exist at present but we shall see.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2023, 01:46:20 AM »
Quote from: Boethius link=topic=25716.msg568621#msg568621 [b
date=1678057740]
I have never searched for a UW, yet post here far more regularly than CB.[/b]

Perhaps he dates locally.  Like 99.99% of men. 

As for the war, people can have no particular affinity for a country, yet understand an unjust war.  I had no particular affinity to South Africa, but recognized the perversity and unjustness of apartheid.

If you were searching for a UW it would mean you're a lesbian or at least bi-sexual lol.

You are different as you have a family background in Ukraine CB does not. I have no problem with CB posting on here it's fine for him to do so and his post updates on the war in Ukraine are great. I just can't understand why he does so then denounce having any affinity to Ukraine or it's people it's just perculiar. Same as him taking such offense at attempting to being scammed not wanting to bother again but then sending large donations of money out that way as it sounds. Added to that him then not wanting to meet up with some UW that want to thank him personally for his generosity who probably are legit.

If he dated locally he would have stuff to say about it on here surely. I just wonder if he is altogether enough or feels he has been burned by the women he has been with & met that he no longer wishes to bother.

People can feel a war is unjust but it is after all their war. Even if I got with a UW it would still be so in my mind. My life is my life so I decide what I want it to be as far as possible I don't get involved in the wars of others and that includes the government of the country I was born in/live in. I've seen it from those with a UW that they go out to Ukraine thinking the war is personal to them as they are with a UW, some have come to grief, that young aid worker guy of the two that had it, others have gotten lucky such as the volunteer 'dubbed mercenary' soldier guy who was in Mariupol. I know better than to get drawn into other people's wars and decide instead where I want to be.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2023, 02:31:11 AM »
The problem with dating in the UK and most likely the rest of the western world is this: That setting up career goals for women has messed up the relationship equilibrium.

It's basically caused a lot of imbalance in relationships and dating, how women look at men. Could I get a girlfriend in the UK, sure I can but not one that I would want. I have never in my life gone for or accepted the attention of a girl who would date me if I didn't feel I wanted to be with her. Some men may date any women if there is not one they want to be with out of desperation. To me that is throwing want you want away and living a life with someone that you don't really want to be with and don't feel great about.

Some guys will do that just to fulfill the having a family criteria of their lives even if it's not that near the ideal of what they had hoped for.

I just can't do that. I can't get with a girl I feel is unattractive to me, one that is significantly overweight, one that I find boring, one that has real bad character traits, one that is basically a low quality woman.

Yet the messing up of the gender balance turfs all those women up for me while the women I do want that are really on my level think they are too good for me. During speed dating for example women that were a similar career level to me and the other guys there weren't interested in me or them but some gangly looking aging dude who had his own business. They won't accept guys their level but want a guy a good level or two above them. So them going after careers has messed up dating for so many guys in the west. Women tie the guy they want to their career level plus one career level up or more. Back when they didn't have 'careers' they were happy for a guy that just did well for himself in a reasonable everyday job and could hold that job down.

In theory growing up I should have been quite desirable to the decent girls who lived locally. I lived in a fairly wealthy I guess around middle class area, my family owned the house we lived in outright and it was backing onto a park. I myself was/am of tall build, full head of hair and generally calm personality. Problem was all the career stuff was aimed at certainly middle class girls and they were brought into competition with me if anything.

This was all going down around the early to mid nineties. Had it been known what was going down and the disaster it brings a better position to be in would have been this. Had my family sold that house and moved to a nice big newly built house at the edge of a working class area - there were ones that had just been built around that time I think. All the working class girls many of which would have been less career minded back then I'm pretty certain would have gone for me. I would have been seen as very well off compared to them and at the top of the tree as they knew it in their area, accessible and a no brainer for them. I would have had the pick of the better working class girls and would have been easy times :)

A lot of the dynamics like that though I wasn't really aware of and probably not my family either, possibly my father a bit maybe. Even if we had done that I would have probably thought the women after me was down to me lol. That's the thing though it shows how badly skewed the dating situation has become because of women competing with men going for careers. Women crank their neck up to the sky point upwards and want someone 'way up there'. So unless you position yourself in such a situation in the west if not in wealth then with genetics of being good socially (extrovert) or above average in looks then you ain't got much of a chance.

Offline Boethius

When the pool shrinks
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2023, 04:39:25 PM »
The problem with dating in the UK and most likely the rest of the western world is this: That setting up career goals for women has messed up the relationship equilibrium.

ROFL.  This is the musing of a man who wants control. 

No, that's not the problem.  The problem is that society has not made it easy to raise a family.

It's basically caused a lot of imbalance in relationships and dating, how women look at men. Could I get a girlfriend in the UK, sure I can but not one that I would want. I have never in my life gone for or accepted the attention of a girl who would date me if I didn't feel I wanted to be with her. Some men may date any women if there is not one they want to be with out of desperation. To me that is throwing want you want away and living a life with someone that you don't really want to be with and don't feel great about.

You can't because of you.  It's not women.  It's not society. 

Some guys will do that just to fulfill the having a family criteria of their lives even if it's not that near the ideal of what they had hoped for.

I just can't do that. I can't get with a girl I feel is unattractive to me, one that is significantly overweight, one that I find boring, one that has real bad character traits, one that is basically a low quality woman.

So what makes you a "high quality" man? 

Yet the messing up of the gender balance turfs all those women up for me while the women I do want that are really on my level think they are too good for me. During speed dating for example women that were a similar career level to me and the other guys there weren't interested in me or them but some gangly looking aging dude who had his own business. They won't accept guys their level but want a guy a good level or two above them. So them going after careers has messed up dating for so many guys in the west. Women tie the guy they want to their career level plus one career level up or more. Back when they didn't have 'careers' they were happy for a guy that just did well for himself in a reasonable everyday job and could hold that job down.

That is anecdotal, at best. 

It's not about "gender balance".  It is about you not wanting to meet an equal. 

In theory growing up I should have been quite desirable to the decent girls who lived locally. I lived in a fairly wealthy I guess around middle class area, my family owned the house we lived in outright and it was backing onto a park. I myself was/am of tall build, full head of hair and generally calm personality. Problem was all the career stuff was aimed at certainly middle class girls and they were brought into competition with me if anything.

Or perhaps women understood your toxic views of gender, and steered clear for that reason.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
When the pool shrinks
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2023, 05:45:51 PM »

ROFL.  This is the musing of a man who wants control. 

No, that's not the problem.  The problem is that society has not made it easy to raise a family.

You can't because of you.  It's not women.  It's not society. 

So what makes you a "high quality" man? 

That is anecdotal, at best. 

It's not about "gender balance".  It is about you not wanting to meet an equal. 

Or perhaps women understood your toxic views of gender, and steered clear for that reason.

Nope you're mistaken, back in my late teens/early twenties I couldn't care less if women wanted to work, I saw no issue with it. I still couldn't care less now but I now see the issues with it so I no longer see it as desirable. Back in my teens greeting women going for careers en-masse had just really kicked off so issues with it were not apparent, no downsides were foreseen by most and many thought it would be only all positive. Now problems are very much apparent at least to those with their eyes wide open and something ticking around up top.

On the equality issue I would say 'equal but different'. The traditional male/female dynamic was roughly equal but women got hoodwinked into wanting more - greed. Partly the state was pulling the strings through socialisation in schools so they are not entirely to blame, they got told to go do careers and were led like a donkey. They should have just found a guy to get them pregnant, the guys wouldn't have minded but they accepted bs arguments as to why they should hold off and go for careers.

To some extent I do have some aspects of a high quality man, I come from a reasonably well off family living in one of the wealthiest parts of the country. It's marrying that up with what I can get and let's face it not even men really want to be undersold when it comes to what they should get fir who they are rather than the poor offering which appear instead.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541506
Total Topics: 20866
Most Online Today: 1774
Most Online Ever: 12701