It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Caring dating and introduction agencies in St. Petersburg, or pickup buddies ?  (Read 39010 times)

Offline pitbull

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
You've basically been socialized into western society, you've been in the US for 10 years its going to find its way into many women. Its how FSU marriages can fall apart, the WM takes the FSW back to the west and she get socialized into western ways, some pick it up more quickly than others, some may not at all. Essentially the man can end up with his FSW turning into a WW precisely why he choose to go to the FSU looking for a wife in the first place, lol. Divorce can often ensue, take the example of the guy from South Africa in the married section here who is getting divorced. Yes women can quickly find out which side their bread is best buttered but to the detriment of long term happiness. For heaven's sake my girl in Ukraine does not even have a bank account, a grown woman and no bank account. Now some guys (it tends to be rich Americans not offence guys ;) ) they come along and throw all sorts of money, gifts, promises of this and that at these FSU girls. They have no idea of how poor they are and the background and upbringing they have come from. They take girl back to the US or wherever and soon she is so spoilt by it all she becomes power hungry like western women. In the end the guy loses any bearing on the situation and the girl starts to disrespect him just like WW do to many men. Its western society at fault not the man, for thousands of years we used the same model then in the 70s onwards in the west feminists wanted to turn it all on its head, experimentation is fine but the feminist experiment is a failed experiment and it needs to end. Pitbull you have been socialized into western ways as you see how much you get and are taking Boethius side not only as a fellow female but also now as a fully westernized women.

Yeah funny cartoon Nightwish, appreicate the effort you went to in creating it :D
You STILL looking!

Nope. I have been holding these same views that you call "westernized" my whole life, and started looking abroad for a man that shares those same views. Found one. Not once has he ever said anything bad about WW. Many of my FSU friends think in the same way.
You see, not all western men go to FSU for a cheap, subservient stepford wife.
My husband married me, he did not adopt me. He wants me to be independent, have my own career and worth in society, and have a partner in life he can rely on, not a helpless child. He even stayed at home for 1.5 years after the birth of our first child so that I could get that degree and take that very important promotion at work. We decide together what is best for our family as a unit, not what fits some old "gender" stereotypes. Those stereotypes are for losers.

And I do not "get" anything. I contribute to the family just like my husband does. I do not clean though, hate doing it -  the cleaning lady does  ;D
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
I remember a group of Japanese tourists standing long ago on a London sidewalk before the pedestrian crossing...and preening themselves :D, having misinterpreted the meaning of the sign and believing the town Council to be appearance-conscious ;D.

:)))

Offline jone

You're sure this isn't a Tory plot to convince UK voters, encouraging them which way to vote?? 

Just askin!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
WW, particularly educated women, don't need to look abroad for a mate.  Most women on dating sites are bombarded with offers from men.  I can't think of the last single professional woman I met who was divorced.  I know only two divorced female lawyers, of probably 200 women I can think of.  One divorced when she learned her husband was sleeping with another man.  So, the marital breakdown was unusual, and now, decades later, they're friends.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:51:28 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

We decide together what is best for our family as a unit, not what fits some old "gender" stereotypes.

Exactly.  That is what we do as well. 
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

I also have to ask you, pitbull, if you know of any FSU relationship (FSUW/FSUM) where the woman is in the type of "traditional" role Trench desires - i.e., keep your mouth shut, do as I (the husband) determine is best, and I will support you as I (the husband) deem appropriate. 

Offline jone

Kinda hard for her to answer.  She's operating on only six hours of sleep.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Brasscasing

Kinda hard for her to answer.  She's operating on only six hours of sleep.

:ROFL:

...Too busy supervising the cleaning staff. :P

Brass
...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline pitbull

:ROFL:

...Too busy supervising the cleaning staff. :P

Brass
Nah... my cleaning lady is the best, no supervision needed. I come home and magic has already happened ;)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
I also have to ask you, pitbull, if you know of any FSU relationship (FSUW/FSUM) where the woman is in the type of "traditional" role Trench desires - i.e., keep your mouth shut, do as I (the husband) determine is best, and I will support you as I (the husband) deem appropriate.

The biggest myth propagated by the MOB industry was of the submissive* FSU wife.
My answer is always, "Have you ever had an argument with an FSUW?, if so tell me
how that went" I am sure there is A submissive woman in the FSU. I never met one
but I am sure they have at least one out of the hundreds of millions of FSUW.

*Maybe submissive play during special sexy time in the bedroom, it's not my thing
but I am sure that a loving FSU wife would play along occasionally remembering that
next time you might have to play the hockey player/principal captured at the all girls
school.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:23:52 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline pitbull

Nope. Trench desires a hybrid between what mail order industry is selling to naive socially inept losers from the West and his own fantasy of asserting control over a woman as he feels too insecure around females.

Offline Boethius

The biggest myth propagated by the MOB industry was of the submissive* FSU wife.
My answer is always, "Have you ever had an argument with an FSUW?, if so tell me
how that went" I am sure there is A submissive woman in the FSU. I never met one
but I am sure they have at least one out of the hundreds of millions of FSUW.

I don't think there are many countries where women are submissive.  I have Saudi acquaintances, and their wives are not submissive, despite characterizations otherwise.  Their women don't have rights, but that is a different story.

Slavs, in general, tend to get things out in the open, but I don't think there is one arguing style with FSUW (and by this, I mean the Slavic parts of the FSUW - I can't tell you about Uzbeks, or Azeris, or Armenians, or Georgians).  What you are witnessing is the result of 70 plus years of "proletarian" brainwashing.   That bluntness, for example, is not a Russian/Ukrainian trait.  It comes from proletarian culture.  Same with the general rudeness.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 11:59:12 AM by Boethius »

Offline GQBlues

Here are some sources that back up women getting paid less than men in Ukraine:

http://blogs.elenasmodels.com/en/gender-pay-gap-ukraine/

http://blogs.elenasmodels.com/en/ukrainian-women-earn-wages/

and here's one on alcoholism among men in the FSU:

http://blogs.elenasmodels.com/en/why-women-outnumber-men-in-russia-and-ukraine/

LMAO! Classic! You base your conviction and reality from a MOB-based blogs!

Having said that, not sure why everyone is giving you a hard time. That in of itself should explain your views and conviction about this endeavor. After all, who the heck cares if the gal ultimately sees the real person you are...if your gal decides you are not what she thought you were, then she's free to find her man...She should be OUT of Ukraine by then, and a win for her.

You, OTOH, simply goes back in the barrel and fish for another. Arguably, a win for you. PPPs, as SmoothOperator used to coin the experience. Post-Penetration Prospect. Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

You don't need me to tell you many before you had actually trekked upon this exact path. I'm sure you already know this to be true. The vast majority of MOBers do, are doing, exactly that. So, you're not the first, and certainly won't be the last.

It's futile sugar-coating a turd. Best you stop trying to justify your position. You are a scant one in the sea of many. You are more the rule, not the exception.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:38:39 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Slavs, in general, tend to get things out in the open, but I don't think there is one arguing style with FSUW (and by this, I mean the Slavic parts of the FSUW - I can't tell you about Uzbeks, or Azeris, or Armenians, or Georgians). What you are witnessing is the result of 70 plus years of "proletarian" brainwashing.   That bluntness, for example, is not a Russian/Ukrainian trait.  It comes from proletarian culture.  Same with the general rudeness.

My guess, the above in bold is only partially true.  The Dutch tend also to be direct, and blunt. My guess the Slavs are not as successful navigating nuances of blunt and rude.

Often the Dutch bluntness (or honesty) hides behind a rather cynical humour. Some might attribute this trait to rudeness.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

Often the Dutch bluntness (or honesty) hides behind a rather cynical humour. Some might attribute this trait to rudeness.

In your case, I just put it down to rudeness ... ;)

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Quote from: BdHvA on Today at 03:18:08 AM
[/quote]

In your case, I just put it down to rudeness ... ;)

Did you forget to use paper after you were time on the porcelain throne?

But seriously I think what Ms. semiHuis points to are cultural differences, they can over time be an source of conflict or a basis for a richer relationship. It tends to depend on how one perceives and responds to the differences.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:58:21 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline msmob

Did you forget to use paper after you were time on the porcelain throne.

..and in English ? ...  SoH failure issues, today ... ? :P

Offline Boethius

My guess, the above in bold is only partially true.  The Dutch tend also to be direct, and blunt. My guess the Slavs are not as successful navigating nuances of blunt and rude.

I don't think so.  I knew Russians and Ukrainians who were born, and largely raised, before the introduction of a "proletarian" culture.  I notice a distinct difference.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701