It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Newbies, Lurkers and people tired of politics  (Read 3527 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Newbies, Lurkers and people tired of politics
« on: December 22, 2020, 03:01:37 PM »
A decision was made to end the political discussions and to
discuss issues related to finding, pursuing and marrying a
woman from the FSU (Former Soviet Union).

As a result our post count has gone down but the angry
stuff went way down as well.

So please feel free to participate in the discussion(s) and
if you have a question or anecdote please feel free to post
that as well.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Sailor291

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Newbies, Lurkers and people tired of politics
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:08:53 PM »
Thank you

Offline DCCowboy71

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2020, 10:08:50 AM »
to discuss issues related to finding, pursuing and marrying a
woman from the FSU (Former Soviet Union).

Thanks, Makes since, the name of the board is Russian Women Discussion.

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2020, 01:21:21 PM »
The board is much better now that the trolling stopped, a lot of interesting threads

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2020, 02:26:26 PM »
I would be nice if a few of the 19 guests who are viewing this thread
right now would sign up and introduce themselves, ask a question or
post something.

Back in the olden days, I was a lurker. I read a ton of threads and
learned thousands of valuable things. After my 5th trip to the FSU
I actually started posting here, sort of to pay back for those who
posted their stories and knowledge before me.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2020, 03:58:45 PM »
I would be nice if a few of the 19 guests who are viewing this thread
right now would sign up and introduce themselves, ask a question or
post something.

Back in the olden days, I was a lurker. I read a ton of threads and
learned thousands of valuable things. After my 5th trip to the FSU
I actually started posting here, sort of to pay back for those who
posted their stories and knowledge before me.

Sorry Bill one of them was me, I just hadn't signed in :D

Another was probably Moby pining after old times ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2020, 05:33:29 PM »
Seriously though, it would be great to see some new posters and them stick around.

It kind of gets stale without fresh air and I think new posters are like fresh air to forums.

When I posted here probably about 4 years ago now I didn't know about a lot of stuff about how FSU (Former Soviet Union) Dating worked. I had lots and lots of questions. I went and dated out in the FSU and it has been among other things. It's been great having other experiences out there that I would not have had in the UK.

The girls I have met on dates out there have been stunners. Long haired girls, warm and friendly and amply supplied in the boob department. I couldn't believe it when the first girl I met in Kiev popped up on my Skype video call, she was head and shoulders above the girls back home, very pretty and I could hardly believe she was interested in seeing me, but she was.

I think there may be some guys that may still view dating abroad as a big deal but really it's not a lot different from dating at home. It really is a lot easier to do it these days (aside the virus) with video chat, translation apps, many girls over there speaking good English, easy to book flights and hotels, etc.

Yet many guys continue to beat themselves up at home over not hitting the mark for local women. It really doesn't have to be that hard, a flight and an easier dating environment is well worth it in my view. Most Russian, Ukrainian, etc women just want a guy to have a family with who can provide. So long as the guy is realistic in terms of who he is and how high a quality woman he can really get it can be pretty easy to hook up with a everyday looking woman in my opinion.

I've probably learned more than enough of this forum over the past few years and save from any possible future trip reports there isn't really a reason for me to post very frequently here as I used too.

I think it would be great to be able to read from some new posters with more up to date experiences as things will be in the hopefully post virus FSU alongside possibly my own in the near future.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2020, 10:56:44 PM »

There's certainly less people travelling to the FSU today than 15 years ago and the decline has been happening before COVID. There's a variety of reasons men aren't travelling to the FSU like they did in the past and one reason is because you know who made American women great again. :P
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline I/O

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2020, 11:15:31 PM »
you know who made American women great again. :P
Lol, and his Ol' lady isn't exactly home grown either..😉

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2020, 10:19:41 AM »
Thanks for that decision. It was not appealing to log in every week and see that most of the posts were political. I can understand discussing Russian politics but not American politics.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2020, 04:41:47 PM »
I agree that some off topics could dominate, I think our US chums in particular get very enthused about their country's politics but when something big happens I think people wish to talk about it, even here in the UK of recent. I personally see a lot of stuff as interconnected. If you're taking a FSW back to your society or going from your society to the FSU a lot of how your society is matters.

I think the solution to the politics etc problem could be if the owner of this forum sets up a sister site to run alongside. A banner style link could be placed on this forum which can take you to the other forum where politics and other matters are discussed. A new login could be used for that site that only works on that site to help avoid discussion spewing over onto this site. I think it could be left unmoderated and advertised as such a kind of RWD off topics uncensored site. That I think will create a place for those who don't mind or even enjoy a bit of lively discussion without interruption. To that end the site could be without a report post feature but instead just a site notice letting users be aware that if they use the site virtually anything goes and they are on their own, that if it's not for them then it's best not to be there.

It could be a place where we let our currently caged and muzzled but much beloved forum attack dog off its leash to run amok for the entertainment of all who wish to see. After all the way I see it is that there is not just one poster that has been somewhat overly aggressive/argumentative in their views shall we say there were several. In life there are all sorts of people and I don't take against people because they are a certain different way, or try not to. It makes sense to my mind to give them a place to be as otherwise over time they are likely to keep cropping up here as are the politics and other off topics stuff, it's only natural. Give them a place to be and if they can't get on here then they will be happy there. Most hosting packages give the option of being able to host several/many websites these days so it should cost little more and could be paid by advertising. That is I think the best long term solution to this usually re-occurring problem I believe.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 05:12:03 PM by Trenchcoat »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2020, 10:03:07 PM »
I agree that some off topics could dominate, I think our US chums in particular get very enthused about their country's politics but when something big happens I think people wish to talk about it, even here in the UK of recent. I personally see a lot of stuff as interconnected. If you're taking a FSW back to your society or going from your society to the FSU a lot of how your society is matters.

I think the solution to the politics etc problem could be if the owner of this forum sets up a sister site to run alongside. A banner style link could be placed on this forum which can take you to the other forum where politics and other matters are discussed. A new login could be used for that site that only works on that site to help avoid discussion spewing over onto this site. I think it could be left unmoderated and advertised as such a kind of RWD off topics uncensored site. That I think will create a place for those who don't mind or even enjoy a bit of lively discussion without interruption. To that end the site could be without a report post feature but instead just a site notice letting users be aware that if they use the site virtually anything goes and they are on their own, that if it's not for them then it's best not to be there.

It could be a place where we let our currently caged and muzzled but much beloved forum attack dog off its leash to run amok for the entertainment of all who wish to see. After all the way I see it is that there is not just one poster that has been somewhat overly aggressive/argumentative in their views shall we say there were several. In life there are all sorts of people and I don't take against people because they are a certain different way, or try not to. It makes sense to my mind to give them a place to be as otherwise over time they are likely to keep cropping up here as are the politics and other off topics stuff, it's only natural. Give them a place to be and if they can't get on here then they will be happy there. Most hosting packages give the option of being able to host several/many websites these days so it should cost little more and could be paid by advertising. That is I think the best long term solution to this usually re-occurring problem I believe.
The policy pertaining to Religious and Political posts is a long-standing one. The recent debacle merely proved the point that the original policy was the correct one, hence, it was reiterated and is now being enforced.

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2020, 10:47:06 AM »
Did some regulars in those political threads leave the board?

Offline ML

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2020, 11:08:55 AM »

It appears the answer is yes; which I view as a good thing.

I much prefer to talk about women !!!

And since I can no longer chase women; I like to live vicariously though the chases of other men.

So chase away . . . and report here.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline I/O

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2020, 01:45:51 PM »
And since I can no longer chase women; I like to live vicariously though the chases of other men.
Lol, an excellent summation...👍

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2020, 02:47:57 PM »

I suspect some of them will be back, but in the near term the
forum needs guys with experience to post answers and people
who are new to this to ask questions.

I will try to start or resuscitate some new (and old) topics and I
will try to invite the lurkers and newbies to join in.

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541019
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2211
Total: 2221

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 06:44:55 AM

Re: Arctic Blast hit hard in most areas of USA by 2tallbill
Today at 06:36:29 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM