It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Belarus anyone?  (Read 7096 times)

Offline xiphoid

• I'll keep trying till I get it right...
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Belarus anyone?
« on: September 15, 2016, 11:17:08 AM »
Not much, it seems, is mentioned about Belarus. Anyone here ever been there? I looking for a good source of info, particularly on Mogilev. Contacts, agencies, embassy related, anything. Thank you.
Beautiful girls, won't you walk a little slower, when you walk past me? - Robert Goulet

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Belarus anyone?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 11:20:06 AM »
Not much, it seems, is mentioned about Belarus. Anyone here ever been there? I looking for a good source of info, particularly on Mogilev. Contacts, agencies, embassy related, anything. Thank you.

I have been informed that "Mogilev is a dump" by someone who has been there.  Doesn't mean the girls aren't nice.

Agencies have been outlawed as I understand it, I would try Badoo or Mamba.ru .  There is http://www.angelikaminsk.com/ but they seem focused on Minsk.

Not sure the status of embassy relations between Belarus and USA.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 11:25:37 AM »
I've been cultivating a possibility there that has been looking good...
Beautiful girls, won't you walk a little slower, when you walk past me? - Robert Goulet

Offline Hammer2722

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 11:28:38 AM »
I have been to Belarus with my girlfriend but I have only been to Minsk and Brest. My girl is from Minsk. There are no physical marriage agencies in Belarus as they have been outlawed by the President.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 11:30:47 AM by Hammer2722 »
every ship can be a minesweeper at least once...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 11:34:16 AM »
There are no physical marriage agencies in Belarus as they have been outlawed by the President.

This is because many WW had been stealing Belarus men away from the workforce.

Trust me; I know these things.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 11:44:12 AM »
Contacts, agencies, embassy related, anything. Thank you.

American embassy in Belarus below. Try Mamba.ru to communicate with women in Belarus for free. See how they receive you.

http://by.usembassy.gov/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline AhaaOkay

• Been there done that
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2017, 04:07:40 PM »

If you're still active on Mogilev just pinch me. My ex. Is from Mogilev and have spent quite some time there. I know a few people there if you need up to date info

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2017, 02:50:06 AM »
Thank you everyone. I'm currently Skyping with a girl from Minsk for the past 3 months. Previously, we emailed off and on for 2 years.
(she is very persistent) We talked about meeting in May. Unfortunately I'm sensing that it will all end soon. Women baffle me...

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2017, 03:09:51 AM »
Thank you everyone. I'm currently Skyping with a girl from Minsk for the past 3 months. Previously, we emailed off and on for 2 years.
(she is very persistent) We talked about meeting in May. Unfortunately I'm sensing that it will all end soon. Women baffle me...

Xiphoid, until you meet / or not  - in person - you'll never know... Ladies want to see their Skype buddy - they want the guy to make a plan and meet.

Never a better time to go - you can get a 5 day Visa at the airport ..

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2017, 03:43:36 AM »
Well I did make a plan twice but she had reasons to change them. I was all set to go in May and meet in Kyiv where I have friends and she wanted to go there too. But now...I don't know. My gut feeling is that things have changed and it doesn't matter anymore. I would have liked to eventually visit her again in Minsk. Oh well, such is life.

Offline msmob

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2017, 03:50:52 AM »
Well I did make a plan twice but she had reasons to change them. I was all set to go in May and meet in Kyiv where I have friends and she wanted to go there too. But now...I don't know. My gut feeling is that things have changed and it doesn't matter anymore. I would have liked to eventually visit her again in Minsk. Oh well, such is life.

My apologies for being presumptive

If the lady keeps changing her mind .. more than once - and you have a bad gut feeling  - let her slide ... If you feel like explaining why - make it short and sweet.

As soon as you meet someone who is into you - you'll have the opposite feeling

Good luck

Offline Hammer2722

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 07:58:53 AM »
Xiphoid, until you meet / or not  - in person - you'll never know... Ladies want to see their Skype buddy - they want the guy to make a plan and meet.

Never a better time to go - you can get a 5 day Visa at the airport ..

Getting a visa at the airport only applies to those individuals whose home country does not have an embassy or consulate in Minsk. It allows them the chance to apply for a visa at the airport.

Also, Belarus has recently changed their visa requirements. Citizens from certain countries are now allowed to enter Belarus through the airport and stay for 3 days max without a visa.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 08:01:09 AM by Hammer2722 »

Offline Hammer2722

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 08:02:38 AM »

If you made plans twice and both times she cancelled on you, then move on. This woman is obviously not serious.

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2017, 09:05:44 AM »
Getting a visa at the airport only applies to those individuals whose home country does not have an embassy or consulate in Minsk. It allows them the chance to apply for a visa at the airport.

Also, Belarus has recently changed their visa requirements. Citizens from certain countries are now allowed to enter Belarus through the airport and stay for 3 days max without a visa.

Hammer, what are you talking about? Is there a new decree since January 9th?

The latest information I have is that the citizens of 80 countries including USA can get a visa right at the airport. Nothing was said about embassies or consulates in Minsk
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline msmob

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2017, 10:40:14 AM »
THE latest info :

http://mfa.gov.by/en/visa/visafreetravel/e0ced19bb1f9bf2c.html

Information on visa-free travel via the checkpoint “Minsk National Airport”
According to the Presidential Decree “On establishment of visa-free entry and exit of foreign nationals”, foreign citizens of 80 countries* can entry Belarus for up to 5 days and exit from the territory of Belarus only through the State border checkpoint of the Republic of Belarus “Minsk National Airport”.

« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:06:18 AM by msmob »

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2017, 10:53:14 AM »

Hammer, what are you talking about? Is there a new decree since January 9th?

The latest information I have is that the citizens of 80 countries including USA can get a visa right at the airport. Nothing was said about embassies or consulates in Minsk

Pitbull,

AFAIK they stopped the ability to get a Visa at the airport. I just visited over New Years and had to have the Visa before traveling (the visa was checked at the gate in Warsaw). Also the recently announced a 5 day Visa free policy as long as you enter/leave from the Minsk airport. (Edit: I see Moby beat me to this info.  8) )

Hope this helps,
HDL

Offline Hammer2722

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2017, 11:08:59 AM »
That is correct. I stand corrected on the 3 day announcement. Its 5 days

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2017, 11:23:17 PM »

How can she persistent yet you sense it will end soon? Who scheduled the meeting in May? By that time, you've both been communicating for almost 2 1/2 years. Why is it taking so long? Were you slow or she considering you an option in case her dream guy never shows up?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline xiphoid

« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2017, 05:32:22 AM »
I understand your confusion BillyB as I'm a bit confused myself. Yes, I believe that I was merely an option. I wanted to spare everyone here the boring details as this is merely a conversation among members that share a common interest in online dating. So here goes... she did, however, initiate a correspondence with me through our dating website 2 years ago. We corresponded for awhile until she told me that she was going to learn French. Obviously she was more interested in a Frenchman somewhere and that she was saying goodbye. I, of course, gracefully accepted this as we all must if and when a woman rejects us - after all life is far more grief than joy. I bid her goodbye and wished her well. Some time went by and she began to send out "feelers" to me such as "hello" or " how are you doing" etc. I ignored them for awhile and eventually I responded and we resumed our correspondence for a few months. I began to have misgivings about our age difference and told her how I felt - that I was too old for her and that she could do better. I again said goodbye and wished her well. A few months passed by and again she sent me "feelers" such as "hello" or "how are you?" I again ignored her for awhile until 3 months ago when I again gave in and resumed our communication. For 3 months we had once a week Skype meeting that lasted for 2.5 - 3 hours of auto translated conversation. She seriously asked me to never disappear from her again.(?)  The conversations have been fun and interesting and I began to warm up to her thinking that we had something going. In the mean time we had agreed to meet in February and then later she changed it to May then later she claimed that she could not get vacation in May. Hmm. Meanwhile we had been discussing English lessons - at first she was willing to take lessons in January then in our last meeting she claimed that she was too busy and lazy and that she needed more time to think about it. (after 2 years?) I would have paid for them. Finally in our last meeting she did not ask when we will meet again as she always did before (urgently). Additionally I have seen that she has been on our website every day (a feature on our website). So, all things considered, I think that she has again lost interest in me and is now more interested in someone else and soon she will disappear. Perhaps in a week or so I will again tell her goodbye and wish her well - I simply do not have the time to spare for such a strange game. Anyway, thanks to everyone for listening. I hope this is helpful to other members, especially the new arrivals. And as I said previously, women baffle me.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2017, 05:59:39 AM »
I understand your confusion BillyB as I'm a bit confused myself. Yes, I believe that I was merely an option. I wanted to spare everyone here the boring details as this is merely a conversation among members that share a common interest in online dating. So here goes... she did, however, initiate a correspondence with me through our dating website 2 years ago. We corresponded for awhile until she told me that she was going to learn French. Obviously she was more interested in a Frenchman somewhere and that she was saying goodbye. I, of course, gracefully accepted this as we all must if and when a woman rejects us - after all life is far more grief than joy. I bid her goodbye and wished her well. Some time went by and she began to send out "feelers" to me such as "hello" or " how are you doing" etc. I ignored them for awhile and eventually I responded and we resumed our correspondence for a few months. I began to have misgivings about our age difference and told her how I felt - that I was too old for her and that she could do better. I again said goodbye and wished her well. A few months passed by and again she sent me "feelers" such as "hello" or "how are you?" I again ignored her for awhile until 3 months ago when I again gave in and resumed our communication. For 3 months we had once a week Skype meeting that lasted for 2.5 - 3 hours of auto translated conversation. She seriously asked me to never disappear from her again.(?)  The conversations have been fun and interesting and I began to warm up to her thinking that we had something going. In the mean time we had agreed to meet in February and then later she changed it to May then later she claimed that she could not get vacation in May. Hmm. Meanwhile we had been discussing English lessons - at first she was willing to take lessons in January then in our last meeting she claimed that she was too busy and lazy and that she needed more time to think about it. (after 2 years?) I would have paid for them. Finally in our last meeting she did not ask when we will meet again as she always did before (urgently). Additionally I have seen that she has been on our website every day (a feature on our website). So, all things considered, I think that she has again lost interest in me and is now more interested in someone else and soon she will disappear. Perhaps in a week or so I will again tell her goodbye and wish her well - I simply do not have the time to spare for such a strange game. Anyway, thanks to everyone for listening. I hope this is helpful to other members, especially the new arrivals. And as I said previously, women baffle me.

Interesting story, the reality is getting a face to face is the main goal of the correspondence, IMO....next time, I'd make that happen within a month or two...Live and learn, no major harm done aside from the time.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Kali25

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 12:04:04 PM »
There are 2 agencies in Minsk and one in Grodno.  I visited the one in Grodno (Gimeney) and one in Minsk (Harmony) this summer.  They are genuine agencies, with many girls to choose from, with very helpful owners and interpreters.  I am planning on visiting the second agency in Minsk this December.

Anyone here planning on visiting Belarus this year?

Offline msmob

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 01:04:38 AM »
Agencies exist to make money.

That are dying out as folks realise they don't need an agency to promote their profiles.

Personally, speaking - I have never used one - seeking to avoid their 'help'

That doesn't mean they aren't well-meaning staff / firms... I just prefer to go direct and don't want help to find someone.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 02:56:16 AM »
Xiphoid,

2 1/2 years is just too long for contact.....without a visit. If you are too gun-shy or unwilling to to take a chance/risk......you need to do something else. I made my first "visit"
after 3 months of correspondence. I would recommend no longer than 5 -6 months. Yes.....there are guys who got lucky and corresponded 10, 12, 16 months or more......and things worked out. But they are the exception. If things are serious......no red flags.......you have your best change to visit inside of 6 months.......she will know you are.....at least a serious person in this endeavor. If you drag it out......your chances will become less.....and less.......and she will start to entertain....."others". She is definitely already entertaining others anyway. 18+ years ago when I started this venture......the phrase...."this who actually visit first......will more often than not....be the winners".............is still true today. Lots more keyboard romeos these days.......than back in the mid 1990's to early 2000's.......on the old RWG. The worst that will happen when you travel to the FSU.....is a nice vacation......learn about a new culture.....meet some nice people.....and who knows........maybe even....."the girl". No guarantees here. If you don't make a commitment to "actually" visit........you might as well stop here. I would pass on this one (my opinion)......and start fresh with someone who can also commit to pick a date for your visit....and stick to it.

Capt B

"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2017, 11:58:35 PM »
5 days without a visa for most countries. You must purchase health insurance upon arrival, or have a pre-approved policy. You must arrive at MSQ (Minsk) and cannot transit via Moscow in order to be eligible for a 5-day visa stay. It is possible to be turned down at the airport so better to obtain a visa before arriving. The 5 days include the arrival day and the departure day so in reality it is 4 nights with penalties for overstaying so plan carefully.

You cannot enter the country any other way (train, from Ukraine by car or bus, etc) and obtain a 5 day visa.

Agencies in Belarus serve the function of a matchmaker to be legal. Ladies however are free to join any of the billions of bride agencies across the planet.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701