It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Police Report from Russia  (Read 7037 times)

Offline Larry

Police Report from Russia
« on: March 26, 2005, 07:20:49 PM »
Hello Everyone!

I joined this forum on January 24th, but didn't have time to post anything until now. A brief background, I started my search in 2000. I made one trip to St Petersburg Russia and six trips to Ukraine. I met over 30 ladies, but it wasn't until my 5th trip to Ukraine in May of 2004 that I met Lana. I spent 3 days in Odessa with her and I knew I had found the lady I had been searching for during the past four years. I returned to Ukraine in Sept of 2004 and we were married in her hometown of Kirovograd. We waited until March 28, 2005 to submit the I-130 application.

Which brings me to the question I have for any of you married people who have any experience with police reports. My wife was born in Russia near Rostov and moved to Ukraine at the age of 23, in 1984. She has her police report for the time she has lived in Ukraine, but not for the 7 years between the ages of 16 and 23. She has made several attempts to get this report from Russia without any success. She went to Rostov in person and was told by two different government agencies that they did not have any police records at all for the period of time between 1974 and 1992. She then asked for a statement from them saying these records were not available, but they refused to give her any type of statement at all.

I contacted the US Embassy in Kiev and the only information they gave me was a telephone number in Moscow. My wife attempted to call this number and the phone rang, but there was never an answer. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to get this police report from Russia? Her interview date will be during the first week in June. The Embassy in Kiev now does both K-1 visa and spousal visa interviews, but they are not much help with this police report.  

Thanks,

Larry Sallee

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 08:25:38 PM »
http://ibm2.perm.mvd.ru/index.php?docid=2399

You can't do it through post (They say so  but I read somebody did manage to do that but they had official request from the USA Embassy that they needed such report)

There are two variants

She has to

1) visit Information Centre of Ministry of the Interior of Russia (MOI) personal (or some her close confidant who has needed papers) or the same Information Centre in Rostov and fullfit the special inquiry  requestnew.zip).

or

2) visit Diplomatic Representation of Russia in Ukraine and issue an inquiry

Address in Moscow

Адрес ГИЦ МВД  оссии: Москва, ул. Новочеремушкинская, д.67 кабинет 101 рабочие дни с 9.00 до 16.45 -(метро "Новые Черемушки" ).

Try this Phone number 7-095- 332-3058, 332-31-15, 332-32-62, 332-09-51, 332-32-77, 332-32-79.

Such report is avalible only during 3 monthes from the date of sign

here's one story with such report:D

http://www.immican.chat.ru/police.htm

« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 11:09:00 PM by Elen »

Offline Larry

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 10:09:47 AM »
Elen,

Thank you for your reply and information. The phone number you listed is the same one my wife tried had received no answer. I will have her try again, maybe the office was closed for some reason on the two days she tried to call. The special inquiry form may a way to obtain information. It's still confusing but what isn't when dealing with the governemt, Russian, Ukraine or US!

Thanks Again,

Larry Sallee
I'll let you know how all this turns out.

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 10:21:51 AM »
I think if you are not going to visit Russia to get that form you at first should visit Russian consulate in Ukraine. It is its obligation to send  inquiry to Information Centre of MOI in Moscow.

Have you been there?

If you want to send inquiry to Moscow by yourself you should get some paper that would prove you really need that infromation (something like document in  requestnew.zip I posted before) Otherwise they just will not answer you.

Offline Larry

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 02:12:10 PM »
Elen,

Thanks again, you have been very helpful! I believe the Russian consulate in Ukraine would be located in Kiev which is about 320 Kilometers north of Kirovograd. My wife's daughter goes to school in Kiev and she travels to Kiev quite often to see her. I'm sure she will know the location of the Russian consulate or will be able to find it without any problem.

Thanks,

Larry

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1897
Total: 1908

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fianc - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM