It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Prenuptial Agreements  (Read 13386 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Prenuptial Agreements
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2019, 06:28:50 AM »

I am fairly certain that even if a US citizen's assets are held offshore in a corporation, even behind a trust, there is a tax reporting requirement if the US citizen has any beneficial interest in the assets.

You are missing the point.  Krimster is outlining a scheme......sorry, plan.....for someone who seeks to hide....sorry, protect...... assets from a divorce.     

Not only must the husband conceal the money from his wife, he must not report the income/funds to the IRS. Otherwise, the divorce attorney's  forensic accountant would easily find the money. 

Krimster claims it can not be discovered.  What a plan!   Not only does the husband hide his money, he evades.....sorry, avoids... taxes. 

I know a fine, upstanding, patriotic citizen such as Krimster would never evade paying his rightful taxes, so he would never implement a Isle of Man scheme.  I wonder if this is similar to what Paul Manafort did.   

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2019, 07:55:59 AM »
" I wonder if this is similar to what Paul Manafort did.  "

Yes, but he did it rather poorly...

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2019, 01:36:52 AM »
As a lawyer I'd advise people who have some assets to talk to a lawyer about designing a prenup to fit their situation. If you are getting married and have children and assets from a previous relationship, you need a prenup to take care of those assets and children. This is a very common situation.

Own a business and getting married? You need a prenup. There are many small business owners in this situation. In this case a small business can actually be valued well into the millions. The small business owner may not even realize just how much the business is worth.

Have shares of stock, stock options or other equities and getting married? You need a prenup.

Worth over a few hundred thousand dollars and getting married? You need a prenup.

These are just a few of the situations in which an individual might need a prenup designed for their particular situation. Notice I didn't mention man or woman in the post. In today's world there are many very well off women who have assets and need those assets protected just as much as a man might.

If in doubt talk to a lawyer. Not just any lawyer but a lawyer who specializes in writing prenups.
+5Prenup should be the standard, in France it's named separated assets marriage.
You said for men and women, generally the worthy women would sign one, however the divorced worthy women i got enough informations escaped to share their assets protected by their fellas in the courts (95% of judges are women in the family court here in France)
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2019, 02:05:38 AM »
I got another attorney for an appeal after my divorce. She told me no matter how unfair the judge was in the divorce trial, judges are allowed a lot of discretion and it's not a reason for an appellate court to hear my case. She said there's a 5% chance they may hear the case IF she could prove the judge did something wrong presiding over the case but even if the appellate court agrees to hear the case and rule in our favor, they will send it back to the lower court to have the same judge revise his ruling which may not be much different than the first ruling.

So why did I pursue the appeal with the odds being against me? Because there's a chance to save money. Going after an appeal buys me time and I wouldn't have to sell the house so quickly. The ex being fully divorced from me would have to pay for her own attorney. Going after an appeal also plants a seed in their head they could lose big which motivated them to settle for less. I paid over $5k to start the appeal process and saved tens of thousands of dollars. They ex still got over 50% of the equity in the house but at least it wasn't 99% anymore.

We had to visit our divorce judge one more time and the judge didn't seem happy I went after an appeal disagreeing with his ruling. Judges hate it when an appellate court reverses their rulings. It may affect future promotions if they have a reputation for being wrong often.
Well done!
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1947
Total: 1958

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM