It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: City Guide...  (Read 35244 times)

Offline Thor

Re: City Guide...
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2007, 03:02:11 AM »
Kuna,

This is a good idea. When I was in Kharkov this summer I shoot a lot of photos from the streets and so on. I also took some small videos that I will post on youtube. I plan to make a larger post about Kharkov, restauran gs, nightclubs, museums, the streets, shopping, and many more.

I will also post this small videos here on RWD.

Offline Rvrwind

• Commercial Member
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2007, 10:06:21 AM »
Something I haven't found on any site is ideas of things to do...
Obviously you havn't read my site too well.
Not surprising. All that work & the only thing guys look at is the women. :noidea:
Tver Angels Local and International Introductions
Classy Ladies for Discerning Gentlemen

RVR-Canadian Cowboy
Dyin' is easy, it's livin' thats hard!!!

Offline ecr844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2007, 11:11:26 AM »
Kuna,

No problem at all bringing it back to the surface, the thought has occurred to me as well. Have some other things in front of it at the moment - but we'll take some time soon to determine how to implement something.

Keep the ideas flowing!

- Dan

Actually if you read the "google Earth community forums" there are some examples of how to create a centralized database of your stuff. A few others there have started this with things like "orthodox church locations," etc... I don't know much about the actual coding to do this but there is also a RW there (Valery 35) who has done this with the RU train and metros as well as some other stuff. Perhaps getting in touch with her would shed some light..?

Here are a few links:

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/220598/an/0/page/0#220598
http://www.mi-perm.ru/gis/earth/present/networklink.htm

Just a few ideas, HTH,
ECR844
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 01:44:01 PM by ecr844 »

Offline ecr844

• Searching for the word I will become
  • Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2007, 01:51:52 PM »
Dan,

I wonder if it would be too ambitious to suggest we collectively put together a "City Guide" containing information on the cities that we visit and the outings that are recommended. I know the members here have helped me greatly by providing advice for my upcoming trip. I think it would be great if other newbies could find the information without asking questions that have been answered previously.

I've had a look in the Wiki and realise there's some city information in there but it's not easy to "consume".

What I'd suggest is that there is a standard format for information maybe in the headings below:

City
Population
Maps
Getting there (domestic travel recommendations)
Recommendations (Use with caution)
- Agencies
- Apartments
- Restaurants (For dating)
- Bars, Clubs, Pubs
- Cultural Venues and Events
- Internet Cafe's
- Local Guides/Translators
- MUST SEE/DO
- Special Events

It be great to get some pictures in there too.

Instead of having each "City Guide" individuals submit displayed in separate "posts", it would be great if we could continue to add information as different people return from visits.

Example (Fictitious):

Restaurants
If you're staying close to Independence Square and you're looking for an affordable romantic restaurant I've suggest you go to [XYZ].  From Independence Square walk along [X] street until you get to the [blah] statue.  The restaurant is directly across the road.
We ate there a few times and it never cost more than [$X] and that included a drinkable bottle of wine and deserts.  Be sure to ask for the [pick a dish] if you enjoy [ingredient].  

Next review...

Next review...

I'm event thinking about taking a GSP device on my trip so I can plot places I visit and post coordinates when I get home.  Who knows... someone else in here might be "addicted" to Google Earth!

Anyway,  just an idea.  I don't know if anyone else would be willing to contribute but I hope to gather some info on my trip so I can "give something back" to the board.

Cheers,

Kuna

This idea sounds alot like this::

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=5275.0

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1969
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM