It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My new life in the Republic of Georgia  (Read 302478 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: My new life in the Republic of Georgia
« Reply #1150 on: November 28, 2019, 02:52:59 AM »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1151 on: December 03, 2019, 09:56:18 AM »

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1152 on: December 03, 2019, 10:01:46 AM »
Lookin good Maxx.

I like mine with re-fried beans in the bottom.  Some lettuce, avocado, Spanish rice and chicken makes up the remainder of my favorite tostadas.

To eat them, I break open the shell and eat it along with the rest.   Not too good on my waistline, but it is one of my favorites.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1153 on: December 03, 2019, 11:15:54 AM »
Thanks Jone. The beans are next after the salsa on our learning curve.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1154 on: December 03, 2019, 12:22:51 PM »

Good to see you still cooking Maxx or should I say good to see that lady cooking! Hopefully all your dreams come true when you finally get to serve me the best Tex-Mex food Georgia has to offer.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1155 on: December 03, 2019, 02:15:46 PM »
Lookin good Maxx.

I like mine with re-fried beans in the bottom.  Some lettuce, avocado, Spanish rice and chicken makes up the remainder of my favorite tostadas.

Tostadas?!? Call it 'TACO BOWL' and declare 'I Love Hispanics!' ala Trump...
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1156 on: December 04, 2019, 03:12:55 AM »

declare 'I Love Hispanics!' ala Trump...

They'd think it was just another Mexican dish... We have Roma here instead, but they are seasonal. They don't work the fields but do the street begging. Mothers with babies and toddlers, always asleep, and slung to their hip. Or prepubescent boys or girls tapping at your window while you are stopped at the light. I keep some tetra in the center consol. Rumor has it that there is a Gypsy godfather who gets the money and lives like a king. Police don't do anything unless some teenage boys do the squeegee routine. That happened to me once. When I didn't pay him her squirted my window and gave me a dirty look. I think the police got him. The Roma disappear during the winter. I think they go to Turkey or someplace a little warmer.

Offline ML

« Reply #1157 on: December 04, 2019, 09:01:44 AM »
The Roma disappear during the winter. I think they go to Turkey or someplace a little warmer. [/font]

Yes, I encountered a lot of them in Turkey.

The first two women to approach my gal and I held out their hands and said in unison:

Hello; Money.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1158 on: December 04, 2019, 09:28:08 AM »

They'd think it was just another Mexican dish... We have Roma here instead, but they are seasonal. They don't work the fields but do the street begging. Mothers with babies and toddlers, always asleep, and slung to their hip. Or prepubescent boys or girls tapping at your window while you are stopped at the light. I keep some tetra in the center consol. Rumor has it that there is a Gypsy godfather who gets the money and lives like a king. Police don't do anything unless some teenage boys do the squeegee routine. That happened to me once. When I didn't pay him her squirted my window and gave me a dirty look. I think the police got him. The Roma disappear during the winter. I think they go to Turkey or someplace a little warmer.

In the mid-90s to early Y2K when I was spending a lot of time in CR and Slovakia, I've been introduced to the plight of the Roma population there. I remember my friends would be so protective making sure I never wandered off on my own. To put it mildly, back then, I guess the general population aren't too fond of Romas. It was almost racism in nature. Almost the same attitudes I was confronted with in St Petersburg.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1159 on: December 09, 2019, 01:12:19 AM »
This is Ilona. She came to Georgia a few years ago from Minsk. Recently divorced. She has two 'ditty' ages 3 and 5.

She has been working for me for a week. I pay her 60 GEL ($20) a day, five days a week. She has been doing excellent! Besides food prep she will be my scout in matters of rent, wholesale food sources et cetera. If a restaurant opens it will be about April, a month before tourist season (May through August).

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1160 on: December 09, 2019, 01:31:59 AM »

Somewhere up thread I think it was GQ who said excellent salsa was essential. Boy was he right!

The top photo is the adding of the cilantro. Here it is called coriander. 

The bottom photo behind the two jars is the secret ingredient, Mexican oregano. That takes it to a whole new level of taste! I sent away for the oregano through Amazon USA. I got two big bags of it.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:34:16 AM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1161 on: December 09, 2019, 01:47:48 AM »

According my scout, the people at the gym had no idea about taco bowls or how to eat them . Second problem was neither Ilona or I taste tested them. We were in such a hurry to make a dozen and a half of them in time for the Saturday party that we made the assumption they tasted as good as they looked. They didn't. They tasted oily and were tough and chewy and not brittle like chips. Of the 17 taco bowls we brought only about 5 were partially eaten. Our 20 tortillas went fast though!   

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1162 on: December 11, 2019, 11:29:21 PM »

Offline ML

« Reply #1163 on: December 12, 2019, 02:56:40 PM »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1164 on: December 13, 2019, 10:33:44 AM »
I could get in there with her.

Today she wore the exact same shirt only 2X smaller. It still draped on her.

Offline Maxx2

What brand of Mexican beer do you recommend?
« Reply #1165 on: December 13, 2019, 10:38:27 AM »

According to my market research a good beer can really sell a place. 

In your opinion what is a good Mexican beer?

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1166 on: December 13, 2019, 10:41:51 AM »
While I really not a drinker, but when I do I always liked Negro Modelo & Pacifico. Many prefer Dos Equis..Where you are, it'll probably be cheaper to acquire Corona...

Offline jone

« Reply #1167 on: December 13, 2019, 11:27:58 AM »
Need to go as mainstream as possible here, Max.   I'd go with Coronas.   But I might add in something obscure as well.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gator

« Reply #1168 on: December 13, 2019, 12:26:01 PM »
While I really not a drinker, but when I do I always liked Negro Modelo & Pacifico. Many prefer Dos Equis..Where you are, it'll probably be cheaper to acquire Corona...

Pacifico has been my favorite for years.  It has a hint of bitterness that appeals to me,  especially with food.   It was acquired by the Belgian Anheuser-Busch beer conglomerate, and may have declined because a blind taste test of 7 Mexican cervesas  ranked it 5th, saying "This beer may have seen better days."

Numero Uno was Tecate, which has been just "okay" in my rankings.  But what do I know?   

http://vinepair.com/articles/7-best-mexican-lagers-ranked/

Decades ago, when I traveled some in the Far East, I preferred San Miguel (from your roots).  Have not seen it in years, or maybe it is simply hidden among the 1,000 beers on the market today.  Maybe it too has seen better days.   

American beer has improved dramatically in my long lifetime, starting as a teenager drinking bland PBR, because it was the cheapest. 

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1169 on: December 13, 2019, 02:07:53 PM »
Corona is the #1 Mexican beer sold in America. Modelo is #2 and catching up fast. I don't drink much beer but Modelo is my favorite if I chose to drink a bottle of beer. Both beers are owned by the same parent company. One beer isn't going to please everybody. It's important to have some variety in your restaurant.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 02:13:58 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1170 on: December 13, 2019, 02:40:40 PM »
Very surprised Tecate was numero uno! I was often told Tecate is the common man's brewski, and maybe the 'poll' illustrated exactly that.

In LA, San Miguel can be found in most ordinary supermarket like Ralph's/Von's. Of all the brewski I've tasted the world over, I'd still choose CZ's Pilsner, SL's Zlaty Bazaant then Thai's Singha...

Locally, there's a brewery up in Ft Bragg wifey and I stumbled upon not too long ago. They have a beer I really like and had occasionally order a 12-pack along with Pilsner/Zlaty when we have guests coming. The Beer is called Blue Star. The brewery is named North Coast Brewery. I believe it was originally owned by Russians as the area have a very deep Russian heritage.

http://northcoastbrewing.com/

Very funny story about Corona...when I met my wife in Moscow the very first time, we were at a bar and the waitress asked us what we'd like to drink, I looked at my wife and ask her to order the best Russian beer she thinks I should taste. She did...

I thought I heard her say 'corona', but I figured I must be mistaken. Not only it isn't 'Russian', it was also too far from Mexico and it's likely not up to the Russian palette for beers...

When it came, there it is 'Corona'. I told her it can't be Russia as Corona is a Mexican beer. She started laughing. She said she thought it was Russian because they have 'factory' in Siberia!! I am reminded of her 'authentic Mexican food' in St Petersburg.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1171 on: December 14, 2019, 12:10:38 AM »

Thanks for the recommendations!

I'll have at least 2 brands of Mexican beers, maybe three, and the Georgian one that they favor here.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 12:55:38 AM by Maxx2 »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1172 on: December 14, 2019, 12:19:56 AM »
Need to go as mainstream as possible here, Max.   I'd go with Coronas.   But I might add in something obscure as well.

My opinion is that Corona's go skunky fast when they aren't refrigerated and kept
of out the sun, because of the clear bottle. I think a dark bottle is necessary
if you can't control the temperature and it's exposure to the sun.

That's my two kopecks,

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541000
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1888
Total: 1899

+-Recent Posts

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM