It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: New Russian military buildup on Ukrainian border  (Read 18557 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: New Russian military buildup on Ukrainian border
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2018, 08:08:56 PM »
it could happen at any time, if the situation presents an opportunity, like another maidan
but in general I'd expect it to happen after 2019

Offline DaveNY

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2018, 09:08:02 PM »
this summer I photographed Iskander missiles in Simferopol heading to the railway station to be shipped up north towards Kerch

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9K720_Iskander

when they are equipped with a thermobaric warhead it is the equivalent of several tons of TNT!
 it makes them the deadliest non nuclear missile in Russia’s inventory, these can now hit almost any point in southern Ukraine from Kerch

now with Ukrainian navy cut off from the sea of Azov, Ukrainian ground forces in southern Ukraine  are exposed to the sea either by direct attack or amphibious landing their tactical situation deteriorated immensely as a result of this "incident"

so now...
Russian aircraft and missiles attack from two directions
Russian ground forces attack from two directions
and naval bombardment followed by amphibious landing and ground assault in third direction

6 Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant Reactors secured by airborn assault in 30 minutes and shutdown

Ukraine defensive line collapses in 24 hours
Russian forces outside Odessa 24 hours later
meanwhile, Belbeck shock battalion paralyzes all Odessa communication and transportation

The danger of Russia invading Ukraine probably isn't of war with the US and/or NATO it's what happens if the US and EU cut off trade with Russia? That would leave only two major world economies as potential trading partners, India and China. Forced to choose between trade with the EU and US or Russia, India's going to choose the former. Even China might be forced to cut or severely reduce trade with Russia if it meant losing much of its trade with the US and EU.

Japan and South Korea wouldn't trade with Russia especially if the US and EU apply enough pressure. Sure there are smaller countries in South America, Africa and Asia that might trade with Russia but nowhere near enough to make up for the loss of trade with the US and EU. If Russia becomes dependent on trade with China then China effectively has Russia at its mercy and Putin has to jump when China says jump. That's something Putin probably wouldn't want to do.

However, so far Putin's got away with war with Georgia, seizing Crimea and seizing part of Ukraine. He may think he's free to take most or all of the rest of Ukraine. Who knows?

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2018, 03:09:47 AM »
War is a business you enter one to achieve an objective.  USA is playing north Korea so well . USA has agreed China can invade north Korea if things get too hot but also brokers trade deals and a softening of tensions between north and south Korea.  As to Ukraine problem Europe needs the gas.  So let Russia rapidly take over or fight a prolonged war that Europe has no appetite for.  As per my previous post the new border in the West would be short and defendable.   Russia has a desire for Ukrainian gas and agricultural land European companies have tried investing and often been unsucessful.  Sorry but many armies disrespect the Ukrainian army who sold most of their best weapons to Africa including tanks and most of their apcs and ak 74s  .  I'm not pro either side but just giving my views.     

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2018, 05:55:25 AM »
Russia is in trouble now. US response against Russia’s aggression with the grass root movement.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2018, 01:57:16 PM »
Germany is still in full support of the Russia-Germany gas link known as Nord Stream 2 despite the tensions over access to the Azov Sea and Russia's seizure of 3 Ukrainian ships and their crew.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-ukraine-crisis-russia-germany/germany-to-back-russian-gas-link-despite-ukraine-tensions-idUSKBN1O20VP

Offline JayH

« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2018, 07:03:11 PM »
Reports of US ships on the way to the Black sea -Turkey has been notified US Navy passing through the Bosphorus Straits.  NATO urging others to support.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline ML

« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2018, 09:06:25 PM »
But this is nothing new.  The last US ship to enter the Black Sea was the fast transport ship USNS Carson City in October. The USS Carney, an Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer, left the Black Sea at the end of August.
Under the rules of the Montreux Convention, US ships can only be in the Black Sea for 21 days.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2018, 02:17:13 AM »
New Satellite Imagery Shows Hundreds Of Russian Battle Tanks Amassing On Ukraine Border

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-12-09/new-satellite-imagery-shows-hundreds-russian-battle-tanks-amassing-ukraine-border

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2018, 03:04:45 AM »
Fake news.  You don't store your tanks like that in times of war you spread them out.  Computer graphics.

Offline Nightwish

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2018, 03:09:53 AM »
Fake news.  You don't store your tanks like that in times of war you spread them out.  Computer graphics.

Russia "isn't" at war, at least not officially and definitely not on their home soil.
Multitasking means screwing up several things at once.

Offline Blighty

« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2018, 05:10:11 AM »

Deployed one of their inflatable tank regiments to wind up the Ukrainians .... see

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2018, 05:42:18 AM »
If that's the border the tanks would be deployed in battle groups with infantry support and camouflaged.  Can you imagine the logistics of spreading that number of tanks out.  Also the risk of having so many assets in one place.

Online krimster2

« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2018, 09:15:33 AM »
zerohedge is a pro-russian organization that directly spreads Russian propaganda
any information from them is likely disinformatzie!

nevertheless, my iphone tracker is showing movements of many Russian units in the Western military district into positions closer to the Ukrainian border

there’s also been a step-up in fighting in Donbas

now that Sea of Azov is cut-off from Ukraine, it exposes Ukraine’s entire southern flank to unopposed amphibious assault, several brigades of these forces are stationed at and still training just a few hundred miles away in Sevastopol (privet moy brat!)
they could deploy from ships from Sevastopol and be on the beach in Mauriopol 24  hours later
meanwhile huge Iskander long range missiles being deployed along Northern Crimea targeted on main command and control points in southern Ukraine

belbeck is loaded up with SU-27s and SU-31s, 20 min flying time to Southern Ukraine, to supply air support after taking out all Ukrainian airfields in Southern Ukraine

massive Mi-24 assault helicopter gunships sighted along northern Crimea flying in at night

some of the special forces “shock battalions” have already been deployed in Ukraine, getting in before ban on Russian males

my friend in Kyiv tells me that if war broke out today, half the people in Kyiv wouldn’t fight Russia...

« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 04:51:10 PM by krimster2 »

Offline JayH

« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2018, 04:27:17 PM »
If that's the border the tanks would be deployed in battle groups with infantry support and camouflaged.  Can you imagine the logistics of spreading that number of tanks out.  Also the risk of having so many assets in one place.

James , you have said a few very stupid things since you arrived on the forum  -- and you clearly have little understanding of the war Russia is conducting in Ukraine.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline jone

« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2018, 10:50:30 PM »
If you want to find a Russian apologist, look no farther than Doug Bandow of the Cato Institute.   Below is one of his more benign reviews of Russia and Ukraine.   Yesterday he also wrote one that basically said Poroshenko was behind the seizure of ships in the Azov Sea entrance.

Check this:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/11/30/ukraine-isnt-important-security-united-states-editorials-debates/2156976002/

http://www.cato.org/publications/commentary/ukraine-should-not-be-member-nato
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 10:53:48 PM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2018, 09:17:46 AM »

The tanks are not at the border.  They are at a military base 18 km from the Ukrainian border.  But, they were moved there in November.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #91 on: December 12, 2018, 10:26:11 AM »
Jay h .  I have realised this is a forum for key board warriors.  I have just returned from the ukraine russian border.  I have also served in Ireland and the former Yugoslavia. I have also been shot in the past an incredibly painful experience.  My grandfather was a military diplomat in Moscow Germany and France.  I have a son who serves and I certainly don't want him thrown into a European continental civil war.  I have not said anything stupid I have expressed my views.  As I don't date UK women  anymore I'm on my 5th f s u relationship.  So maybe you don't like what I say .  Tactically do you really think the Russians would deploy their tanks to one place as a sitting target or spread them along the borders as a fast moving invasion force  .  If they are all there they are reserves waiting to reinforce the positions they already hold in the east.  I'm not pro either side.  I'm just stating that that is not a battle deployment.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #92 on: December 12, 2018, 10:51:48 AM »
My present g f and the lady I dated before are the daughters of officers killed in action. 

Online krimster2

« Reply #93 on: December 12, 2018, 11:11:38 AM »
the story of Russian tanks on the border with Ukraine, or within Ukraine has been well covered by Bellingcat, links here:

http://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2017/04/02/tankspotting-t-90as-donbass/

and

http://www.bellingcat.com/tag/tanks/

This past September 900 Russian tanks were on the move in the largest military exercise in Russia since the breakup of the USSR, total of 300,000 military personnel

I was in Sevastopol two months before this and saw a map of the exercise  in a large chart in a training room while I was visiting a Russian military base
basically, if instead of heading East, if the exercise headed West, then this exercise is an exact depiction of how Russia is going to take Donbas in 48 hours with 900 tanks + 300,000 + attack from south and from west in Transnistria

the fact that the US hasn’t sent ships to sea of Azov to dock in Ukraine, is a clear capitulation to Putin

he’s free to go on to the next step...

James,

c'mon dewd, calm down
tanks aren't deployed if they're parked in "tank parks" in large numbers near the border
it's just much quicker to deploy them from this location when the opportunity presents itself, like major civil unrest in Ukraine.
so they're getting ready to be deployed, do you know how much maintenance there is on 900 tanks after a major military maneuver?
from this location they have the ultimate vantage point to attack Ukraine, instead of being based in their normal bases.
turn on the ignition, and less than 30 min later they're in Ukraine, open terrain, flat as a pancake, tanks can go fast!
if you think about it, why go through all the hassle of moving 900 tanks to a new location, establish permanent facilities, etc,
UNLESS you're planning on DEPLOYING them!

you want to hear a funny one?

USA has transferred Javelin missiles to Ukraine
but USA doesn't trust Ukrainians not to sell the missiles on the black market
so missiles are stored in special bunkers around kharkiv with 24 hr video and alarm
Russia knows location of each bunker!
Kablamo!

word is Wagner is offering his people 5 million USD to capture one for payback to what the USA did to him in Syria!

« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 11:36:00 AM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #94 on: December 12, 2018, 01:58:19 PM »
the story of Russian tanks on the border with Ukraine, or within Ukraine has been well covered by Bellingcat, links here:

http://www.bellingcat.com/news/uk-and-europe/2017/04/02/tankspotting-t-90as-donbass/

and

http://www.bellingcat.com/tag/tanks/

This past September 900 Russian tanks were on the move in the largest military exercise in Russia since the breakup of the USSR, total of 300,000 military personnel

I was in Sevastopol two months before this and saw a map of the exercise  in a large chart in a training room while I was visiting a Russian military base
basically, if instead of heading East, if the exercise headed West, then this exercise is an exact depiction of how Russia is going to take Donbas in 48 hours with 900 tanks + 300,000 + attack from south and from west in Transnistria

the fact that the US hasn’t sent ships to sea of Azov to dock in Ukraine, is a clear capitulation to Putin

he’s free to go on to the next step...

James,

c'mon dewd, calm down
tanks aren't deployed if they're parked in "tank parks" in large numbers near the border
it's just much quicker to deploy them from this location when the opportunity presents itself, like major civil unrest in Ukraine.
so they're getting ready to be deployed, do you know how much maintenance there is on 900 tanks after a major military maneuver?
from this location they have the ultimate vantage point to attack Ukraine, instead of being based in their normal bases.
turn on the ignition, and less than 30 min later they're in Ukraine, open terrain, flat as a pancake, tanks can go fast!
if you think about it, why go through all the hassle of moving 900 tanks to a new location, establish permanent facilities, etc,
UNLESS you're planning on DEPLOYING them!

you want to hear a funny one?

USA has transferred Javelin missiles to Ukraine
but USA doesn't trust Ukrainians not to sell the missiles on the black market
so missiles are stored in special bunkers around kharkiv with 24 hr video and alarm
Russia knows location of each bunker!
Kablamo!

word is Wagner is offering his people 5 million USD to capture one for payback to what the USA did to him in Syria!

Perhaps the two sides could agree to square off around Kursk for another epic tank battle!

Seriously though it must be strange to have all the preparations for invasion going on along the border but not know at all when for Ukrainian citizens or even some question mark lingering over 'if'. It may be possible that a lot of this is to scare of investors and collapse the Ukrainian economy completely. Then there may not need to be any need to invade as Ukraine would be at Russia's mercy.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline JayH

« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2018, 02:50:00 PM »
Jay h .  I have realised this is a forum for key board warriors.  I have just returned from the ukraine russian border.  I have also served in Ireland and the former Yugoslavia. I have also been shot in the past an incredibly painful experience.  My grandfather was a military diplomat in Moscow Germany and France.  I have a son who serves and I certainly don't want him thrown into a European continental civil war.  I have not said anything stupid I have expressed my views.  As I don't date UK women  anymore I'm on my 5th f s u relationship.  So maybe you don't like what I say .  Tactically do you really think the Russians would deploy their tanks to one place as a sitting target or spread them along the borders as a fast moving invasion force  .  If they are all there they are reserves waiting to reinforce the positions they already hold in the east.  I'm not pro either side.  I'm just stating that that is not a battle deployment.

My present g f and the lady I dated before are the daughters of officers killed in action. 

All that and 2 weeks ago you had never been in Ukraine !
Sumy ? On the Russian border?mmm There are quite a few others here who have been in Ukraine recently -- and a lot lot closer to the Russian border and in particular the frontline than you .
For the record -- there are some on the forum here that have served in Ukraine, people who have lost relatives & friends killed,maimed,injured etc etc
Keyboard warrior? You make a pretty fair attempt at a pissing contest-- given you know jack sh.t about me and show even less respect for Ukraine in your posts you might look a lot smarter if you just shut up.
Given your national broadcaster does it's stories on Ukraine from Moscow and the "expert" commentators refer to "THE" Ukraine and follow the Russian BS fake ( that is invented /untrue) "news" storylines   and still refers to the Russian troops who invaded  & occupy  Ukraine as "separatists" & rebels it is easy enough to see how you have it arse about !

Offline msmob

« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2018, 06:20:00 AM »
All that and 2 weeks ago you had never been in Ukraine !
Sumy ? On the Russian border?mmm There are quite a few others here who have been in Ukraine recently -- and a lot lot closer to the Russian border and in particular the frontline than you .
For the record -- there are some on the forum here that have served in Ukraine, people who have lost relatives & friends killed,maimed,injured etc etc
Keyboard warrior? You make a pretty fair attempt at a pissing contest-- given you know jack sh.t about me and show even less respect for Ukraine in your posts you might look a lot smarter if you just shut up.
Given your national broadcaster does it's stories on Ukraine from Moscow and the "expert" commentators refer to "THE" Ukraine and follow the Russian BS fake ( that is invented /untrue) "news" storylines   and still refers to the Russian troops who invaded  & occupy  Ukraine as "separatists" & rebels it is easy enough to see how you have it arse about !

JayH

Given the howlers you've cut n pasted on here from UA 'press' - it is amusing to see you take pops at  others ..

I'm sure the BBC's Jonah Fisher will be interested to hear he;s 'unemployed'

I missed when the BBC Russia correspondents that have reported on MH17 from Donbas have towed the Kremlin line ..( formerly Sarah Rainsford) and now Steve Rosenberg http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/sep/18/bbc-journalists-attacked-equipment-damaged-moscow-complaint

WHY do you keep posting such ill-researched guff ?

Online krimster2

« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »
massive amounts of new Russian military hardware moving in last few days to juncture point of Northern Crimean Canal at Armyansk
so many vehicles main highway is jammed 
10 new Su-31s flew in to Belbeck, there is no longer parking space for any more aircraft, even after recent expansion!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #98 on: December 22, 2018, 02:36:48 PM »
massive amounts of new Russian military hardware moving in last few days to juncture point of Northern Crimean Canal at Armyansk
so many vehicles main highway is jammed 
10 new Su-31s flew in to Belbeck, there is no longer parking space for any more aircraft, even after recent expansion!

Don't worry Krim help is at hand we've sent a warship in that alone should be enough to see them off ;D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46657470

Seriously though it's good to see our country finally getting more directly involved. Without such direct deployment of troops Ukraine is just too easy a target to gobble up.

I'm hoping the next move will be to send in the tanks to help the Ukrainians to regain their eastern territory :)

"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #99 on: December 22, 2018, 02:43:16 PM »
HMS Echo is a meteorology research vessel, in other words slightly below "dreadnought" class :)
and it DID NOT dock in Azov!!!  whopeee!  still more than what the US has done! which is to cancel sanctions on Rusal, take that!
I can't believe there isn't a NATO flotilla heading to mauripol

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1949
Total: 1958

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM