It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Taking photos of your house!  (Read 10457 times)

Offline northkape

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Taking photos of your house!
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2016, 12:05:45 PM »
My way of doing it,,
about my house was rather advanced :)
As I have told here before in my story,,,

To weed out the non serious women, I submit a link in the first intro letter to a web page made for this purpose.
Integrated into the code of this web page, I have a tracker that lets me see all info on those who visit my link.
With the help of different such web pages with trackers, I can monitor a woman's interest in my personal life.
Non serious women almost never visit's my links, but also some of the serious have a lack of interest initially.
The tracker tells me how many seconds a woman is using for studying a nice photo of Lena,
what she finds interesting to watch about our family life, and what photos of me or the boys she likes the most.
It also provides me with an open window to see what interest she has in my financial position.
Some of the women visited my links again and again, spending hours viewing photos and videos of my family.

Here is an example from earlier this year

The lady on the top from Khmelnitskiy is clearly seriously interested, in me and my boys.
Having viewed 170 pages during 14 separate visits.
Spending all of 40 minutes on the last one of her 14 visits.
I could also study in detail what she looked at, and for how long.

The lady below was also an equally beautiful young lady, at the same age of 35 years.
But looking at the tracker, she wasn't seriously interested at all, just clicking on my link and leaving.

On this tracking website, I also had couple of photos from inside my house, and a clickable link to Google Streetview outside my house.
Making it possible to go on a virtual tour in my street and look at my house, and the neighborhood also, if they wanted.
The photos from inside my house and Google street view of my house and neighborhood were never very popular,,
in fact, the most popular photos were those that showed my x-wife Lena (she was from Ukraine also).,,,,,, :)

I considered those women who were not interested in looking at my site, or visited only once for less than two minutes,,
to be less than serious, and not worth worthy of further interest from my side.
These tracking websites were a fantastic idea, and incredibly effective for finding serious women only....

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2016, 01:05:07 PM »
It does not surprise me in the least that those interested would be most interested in photos of Lena.  They would be wondering, and trying to ascertain, why you split up.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline GatoMoon

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2016, 06:20:57 AM »
BREAKING NEWS.........

The girl who asked me for photos of my house, also asked me for a complete name which I have given to her.  I asked her the same (twice!) but she repeatedly avoided answering my question - and therefore I do not wish to pursue further with her.   Obviously she wanted to know everything about me but do not want me to know something about her - the relationship do not work that way in my point of view.

Moved on already.......

Offline ML

« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2016, 07:53:41 AM »
It does not surprise me in the least that those interested would be most interested in photos of Lena.  They would be wondering, and trying to ascertain, why you split up.

And they would be trying to ascertain if they could 'measure up' looks wise to Lena.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline alex330

« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2016, 09:34:49 AM »
The girl who asked me for photos of my house, also asked me for a complete name which I have given to her.  I asked her the same (twice!) but she repeatedly avoided answering my question - and therefore I do not wish to pursue further with her.   Obviously she wanted to know everything about me but do not want me to know something about her - the relationship do not work that way in my point of view.

Moved on already.......

Yea, too strange in my opinion. Time to walk....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2016, 11:00:21 AM »
BREAKING NEWS.........

Moved on already.......

I dated a RW in America. She did a background check on me to make sure I'm not in debt or been in jail. She even looked at the public court records of my divorce. I don't know why she disclosed it to me. I guess she didn't feel it was wrong but it was a turnoff. I dated her a few more times but we remained friends although she wanted a more serious relationship.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline CaptB

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2016, 11:18:21 PM »
I "never" sent photos.....before I visited any RW in Russia. I did bring photos with me of my house, local surroundings etc. Depending on the woman....and where we were at in our "comfort level" with each other......I would show a few photos. If a women asked questions of me....and I returned the favor...and she seemed evasive.....i was done and moved on. I met some truly nice women in Russia......with really "no" red flags at all. They appreciated it when I would show some photos of home (in person...when visiting them)....but none of them asked for pictures of my house or cars etc. In fact none of the "nice" RW...."ever" asked me for any photos. It would be different if some of the RW
asked for general photos of the city, friends, family etc. (although none ever did).....but specifically of.....just.....your house or car(s).....especially early in the correspondence.....I would feel was at least a small red flag. Maybe it was the "times" were different. I started this in late 1990's.....ending in marriage in 2003. All of the RW who turned-out to be genuinely "nice"......upon the first visit....were all patient, willing to talk about themselves.....and never asked for photos of "possessions". I read the complaints on this forum of guys who experience "impatience"....."attitude"......won't "Skype"......etc. I am glad things were a little "slower"....when I started this process.

In my time ( I pull out my cane and tug at my whiskers).......I actually wrote 16 "hand written".......letters. Do you remember "paper". I was told by the office manager of LifeTime Partners.....that if I wanted to stand out from the crowd....I should write my first letter to each RW "by hand".....and mail them. She had witnessed the "few" RW's reactions when receiving a "paper" letter" in their office...in Tver. Those who received a letter that they could hold in there hands.....were very excited. I enclosed a close-up and a full-length photo of myself with each letter. Yes....yes.......you can e-mail.....and they can have the agency "print" them a copy........but it is not the same.....it is "not" as personal. My hand-written letter were "not" identical. If the girls.....compared their letters from me......they were "individualized".....and written just for the receiver. A real RW appreciates......"personal". I don't know about the late teen and early/mid 20 y.o.s....some of you are writing to. Bur real Russian women really appreciate the sincere.....and the personal. Ask my RW wife of over 13 years......and all of her female friends.......and relatives.

Some things are never out of fashion. Some things will work today (in relationships)....as they did in my great grandfathers day. You just need to figure-out what the "universals" are. I won't tell you you what they are for me.....they were not handed to me on a silver platter. When the are....people pass over them. Why did I write 16 letters before my first trip to Russia.........and receive 14 replies.......that were ongoing until my first trip. I will only say.......because I took a really "personal" interest in each.

I don't think photos of your house, car......big ticket items in you possessions are necessary. I here some guys here say...."but she needs to evaluate what she is giving-up....and what she can expect her life will be like. I get that. But I don't agree that this must happen.....now........even before you meet. I am not a rich guy......trips to Russia were financially significant to me. All the woman is giving up.....is a little of her time. A small price when the guy is spending (for many here) a "significant" amount of money and time.......to meet someone.......for the first time. I think you need to meet.....and see if there is any chemistry................................"first". just my two cents.

Capt B 
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2016, 12:22:11 AM »
My thought exactly.....  I live in a block of flat..... paid all in cash and now I own it.   It is one-bed-roomed flat.  I like living in a small apartment because I am single and it has less cleaning job  8)   Things will change once I meet a lady.

Is it Leasehold? not often are flats Freehold. Good to have a place that suits your needs I think.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2016, 12:25:33 AM »
My way of doing it,,
about my house was rather advanced :)
As I have told here before in my story,,,

To weed out the non serious women, I submit a link in the first intro letter to a web page made for this purpose.
Integrated into the code of this web page, I have a tracker that lets me see all info on those who visit my link.
With the help of different such web pages with trackers, I can monitor a woman's interest in my personal life.
Non serious women almost never visit's my links, but also some of the serious have a lack of interest initially.
The tracker tells me how many seconds a woman is using for studying a nice photo of Lena,
what she finds interesting to watch about our family life, and what photos of me or the boys she likes the most.
It also provides me with an open window to see what interest she has in my financial position.
Some of the women visited my links again and again, spending hours viewing photos and videos of my family.

Here is an example from earlier this year

The lady on the top from Khmelnitskiy is clearly seriously interested, in me and my boys.
Having viewed 170 pages during 14 separate visits.
Spending all of 40 minutes on the last one of her 14 visits.
I could also study in detail what she looked at, and for how long.

The lady below was also an equally beautiful young lady, at the same age of 35 years.
But looking at the tracker, she wasn't seriously interested at all, just clicking on my link and leaving.

On this tracking website, I also had couple of photos from inside my house, and a clickable link to Google Streetview outside my house.
Making it possible to go on a virtual tour in my street and look at my house, and the neighborhood also, if they wanted.
The photos from inside my house and Google street view of my house and neighborhood were never very popular,,
in fact, the most popular photos were those that showed my x-wife Lena (she was from Ukraine also).,,,,,, :)

I considered those women who were not interested in looking at my site, or visited only once for less than two minutes,,
to be less than serious, and not worth worthy of further interest from my side.
These tracking websites were a fantastic idea, and incredibly effective for finding serious women only....

Ok, not sure whether this is creepy or an act of genius, lol

Not a bad idea, can give another red flag warning system and also see who is hot on you. Slight possibility of misinterpreting either on occasion I guess. Still leaves the question of whether there is any chemistry which you won't find out until you meet most likely.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2016, 12:55:15 AM »
I often asked to the girls, do you want to see photos of my family?
All of them wanted to see my photo.

So i opened a photo from my mobile phone showing tree sheeps in a meadow.

The first one is my father always busy to cutting the grass.
My mother (behind the tree) is a little shy but do her part.
And last, at the back, my sister who don't like to be with the herd.

I generally got a lot of giggles
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2016, 05:47:25 AM »
........and from me also (giggles)........but spot-on...........about the types of photos sent.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2016, 07:04:58 AM »
........and from me also (giggles)........but spot-on...........about the types of photos sent.

Capt B

I have never sent a photo to a girl except profile's photos (generally included in the dating site) or if i had already seen her and being in a serious relationship.
The photo of the sheeps was always shown during a meeting.

You need to put a lot of fun with girls, however humour with RW  can hurt you back. Fortunately this type of fun is ok and without any risk
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline GatoMoon

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2016, 10:26:22 AM »
Is it Leasehold? not often are flats Freehold. Good to have a place that suits your needs I think.

Yes it is a leasehold flat where I only pay for the service charges.   

Offline chooter

« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2016, 10:29:29 PM »
Question. Would you move to a foreign country to live with a woman without knowing what you would be living in? I wouldn't and I certainly wouldn't be dishonest with her and show her a look alike or another home. I would be honest with her and show her the outside, the inside and my property after we had been talking for awhile.

I had 2 failures in Russia before I met my wife. Before I flew over to meet either of them I ask for pictures of their building and the inside of their apartments. I received them back in the next emails after I asked them When I flew to meet them I knew where and what I was walking into.

I was fortunate enough to meet my wife on a plane from Moscow to Atlanta. She had lived in Atlanta long enough to get her US Citizenship, made a new life for herself and was secure financially and satisfied with her life.

I asked her to visit my home here in the mountains about 2 hours from her condo in Atlanta. I told her I would drive down and get her and she told me no I will drive up for a day and visit you. Even though we had hit it off and a relationship was developing, and she told me this later, if I didn't like what I saw and wanted to go home then I could drive myself. Good for her. After her first visit here our relationship turned the corner and got serious.

But, you're asking a lady to relocate with you to a new country and new home with you and she has no idea what she's getting into and by not showing her your home and your lifestyle here you're being dishonest with her.

I know a lot of FSU women, and I can tell you now, if you're dishonest with them you're past history in their lives.
Good for them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 10:31:35 PM by chooter »
The final step to happiness or the disaster of your life, marriage can be great thing or ruin you.
Take the risk or stay lonely?

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2016, 04:27:15 AM »
Question. Would you move to a foreign country to live with a woman without knowing what you would be living in? I wouldn't and I certainly wouldn't be dishonest with her and show her a look alike or another home. I would be honest with her and show her the outside, the inside and my property after we had been talking for awhile.

I think this is the balance/fine line that you need to establish to your own satisfaction BEFORE you start posting pictures.  It basically boils down to two things:

1. How comfortable are you with the progress of the relationship?  I.e. is it progressing at a speed that you're comfortable with?  And are the questions that you are asking each other the same sort of questions, in the same sort of timeframe, that you would expect from a woman in your own country, bearing in mind that real and virtual dating will move at different speeds?

2.  If you ARE comfortable sharing views of your house/flat/apartment, how do you want to do it?  Apart from emailing photos, you can carry a laptop/tablet/phone around the house while on a Skype call (or whatever instant communication app you use), answering any questions she has as you go.

You also have to realise that Street View in Google Earth is a very useful tool for an FSUW.  While we can't see into individual apartments in a big block in the eastern suburbs of Kyiv, most posters here probably live in a detached dwelling in a city.  If you're happy to give out your address, she can at least do a virtual tour of the neighbourhood.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2016, 05:06:03 PM »
Question. Would you move to a foreign country to live with a woman without knowing what you would be living in?

My husband did.  He also didn't even look at houses when we bought a house.  I chose our home.  He showed up when we moved. :P
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 02:31:08 PM »
My husband did.  He also didn't even look at houses when we bought a house.  I chose our home.  He showed up when we moved. :P

What did he say when he realized there was no indoor toilet ?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 02:45:00 PM »
LOL.  There is a comedy programme on CBC that presents "news stories".  They did that story.  They now have had to specify on their website that their programme is satire, because elected representatives were receiving so many calls of outrage from clueless constituents (link cut so as to not change the window reading pane).

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/popup/audio/listen.html?
autoPlay=true&clipIds=&mediaIds=2695343077&
contentarea=radio&subsection1=radio1&subsection2
=entertainment&subsection3=this_is_that&contenttyp
e=audio&title=2016/09/21/1.3773054-mississauga
-condo-developer-forgets-to-put-120
-bathrooms-in-brand-new-building-[satire]&contentid=1.3773054
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 03:34:46 PM by Boethius »

Offline ML

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 02:49:06 PM »
A lesser problem, but . . . one friend had a new house built. 
The landscapers came and put in the yard. 
In a couple of days friend went over with new hoses, sprinklers, etc., all set to water the yard.

No faucets were on outside of house.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541296
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 3313
Most Online Ever: 12701