It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Are Russian women interested in Indian guys?  (Read 121361 times)

Offline coolindian27

Are Russian women interested in Indian guys?
« on: January 16, 2009, 11:45:44 PM »
I am just curious to know whether Russian women would be interested in Indian guys or not. I am 28, single and I currently live in USA. I guess I am attracted to Russian women. I have spoken to a couple of Russian girls here and they have a sexy accent. Also, I have heard that Russian women are family oriented, no drama when compared to American women.

Offline TwoBitBandit

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Are Russian women interested in Indian guys?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2009, 12:15:09 AM »
Having spent some time in Russia, my opinion is that Russians are among the most bigoted people on the planet.  They make the Japanese look loving and tolerant in comparison.  The stuff I've heard come out of the mouths of ordinary Russians has been shocking.

That being said, I'm sure there's a girl for you in Russia if you're a decent guy.  Not every Russian is a bigot.  It's just that the prevalence of bigotry is much higher there.  Expect a large fraction of women to not be interested simply because of your skin color.

I met one Ukrainian girl whose best friend was totally in love with an Indian man who dumped her and went back to India.  She was distraught and trying desparately to contact this guy even though he had lost interest.  So, they're out there...

Offline Shadow

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2009, 12:31:54 AM »
Russia is a big country, with many races and people living together. As a result you can find people interested in any kind of others.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2009, 06:03:43 AM »
I am just curious to know whether Russian women would be interested in Indian guys or not. I am 28, single and I currently live in USA. I guess I am attracted to Russian women. I have spoken to a couple of Russian girls here and they have a sexy accent. Also, I have heard that Russian women are family oriented, no drama when compared to American women.

How long did you live in India?  Or better still, how long have you been in the US and do you plan on living in India or the USA when you get married?

Your last statement is wrong.  Russian women have lots of drama!  More so that AW, I would say...

Offline Mir

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 06:12:43 AM »
I think you have a chance  ;)
Skip to comments.

“Import Indian grooms for Russian brides"-falling birth rates
The Hindu ^ | Wednesday, Sep 12, 2007 | Vladimir Radyuhin
Posted on 12 September 2007 07:04:45 BST by sukhoi-30mki

“Import Indian bridegrooms for Russian brides”

Vladimir Radyuhin

New Russian magic mantra to reverse alarming fall in the country’s birth rate

MOSCOW: Desperate to reverse a steep decline in their numbers, Russians are coming up with some bold ideas on how to overcome Russia’s demographic crisis.

A Russian feminist has proposed a radical solution to the falling birth rate — importing Indian bridegrooms for Russian girls. Maria Arbatova, writer and TV moderator, who married an Indian businessman a few years ago “after 25 years of keeping marrying Russians”, thinks Indian men make ideal husbands.

“They are crazy about their family and children,” she said presenting her new book, ‘Tasting India’, here. “What is more, Indians, like Russians, are Indo-Europeans, and many Sanskrit and Russian words have the same roots.”

Indian bridegrooms can help ward off a Chinese demographic invasion in Russia, says the feminist: “If we do not balance off the Chinese with Indians, Africans or aliens, by 2050 China will annex Russia’s Siberia up to the Ural Mountains.”

Russia has a population of 142 million spread across a territory five times the size of India. Its population is shrinking at one-third of a million a year. Under a federal programme launched this year, women who give birth to a second or subsequent child are given certificates worth $10,000, which can be used for education, mortgage or pensions. Monthly support payments to young mothers have been raised from $28 to $60. Afraid that the Government measures are not enough, the Governor of Ulyanovsk has suggested his own way of getting Russian couples to have more babies.

This Wednesday, Ulyanovsk residents will enjoy an extra day off work that the Governor decreed to give them more time to produce babies. The holiday, officially called “Family Contact Day”, was quickly renamed by locals as “Day of Conception”. That day the people will be invited to join a festival, “I Love You”, while teams of gynaecologists, midwives and psychologists will fan out to all parts of the region to advise women on having babies.

September 12 has been chosen for the new holiday so that babies conceived that day may be born on June 12, Russia’s National Day. Couples who hit the target date win prizes, including refrigerators, TV sets and washing machines. The main prize is an Ulyanovsk-built all-terrain vehicle called Patriot.

TOPICS: Culture/Society; Foreign Affairs; News/Current Events; Ru

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Misha

« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2009, 09:30:30 AM »
I am just curious to know whether Russian women would be interested in Indian guys or not.

The question is whether you will be able to find one RW who would be interested in you. Like all dating, it is a numbers game. Any man who dates enough women will find one that he likes and who likes him IMHO.

Offline Gator

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 09:35:36 AM »
Coolindian,

Based on my direct experience, I say yes.

MY RW wife believes some Indian men are very handsome and seem well educated, plus they know how to dance well (whatever the last is worth  ;D).  Also, one of her best friends is considering marriage to an Indian man from America.  Her only complaint is that he is "greedy."  You need to search the archives for that one because greedy translated from Russian is not the same as the English greedy.  It is a complicated concept. 

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2009, 09:39:54 AM »
Hello coolindian27,

You can google indostan.ru.  ;) but it is in Russian about India including marriages of Russian women with Indian men  :)

Offline Simoni

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2009, 10:05:28 AM »

I asked my wife, and she says some women she knew at her university in Ukraine married Indian men.  These men were affluent and well educated, many working on medical or mathematics degrees.  Her impression is that Indian men are kind and polite.

But she added "it all depends upon the personalities."

Offline UTRO

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2009, 02:50:08 PM »
If she likes Curry you're a 'shoe in' Coolindian ;)

Offline SMS60

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2009, 06:13:29 PM »
In all seriousness are you:

a. Native American Indian
b. Asian Indian
Quote from: Simoni on Today at 09:06:15 AM
But my understanding is that "Anything Goes" does not really mean "anything" if that "anything" violates the TOS.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 06:48:58 PM »
In all seriousness are you:

a. Native American Indian
b. Asian Indian

I suppose this is a good question...... as I assumed asian Indian :-\

Offline Misha

« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2009, 07:05:16 PM »
I suppose this is a good question...... as I assumed asian Indian :-\

Well, given that he wrote that he "currently" lives in the United States, it was clear that he was referring to Indian from India in my mind.

Offline TwoBitBandit

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2009, 12:01:14 AM »
Only in the midwest is there even a debate.  On the coasts, political correctness dictates that you call a "dot Indian" an Indian, and a "feather Indian" a Native American.

Offline I/O

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2009, 01:50:08 AM »
I asked Mrs and her close friend who is single and staying here with us right now, the answer IMO was typically Russian. Political correctness is out the window...........their unified answer.........

"Yes of course, why not, if he educated (Search the various archives for RW meaning of educated), if he is kind, if he is not greedy, if he is not Muslim and not too black." I asked if they would be prepared to live in India (I know that wasn't the OP's question). Both were circumspect but refused to rule it out. Both raised Christianity in some form or another as being somewhat of an issue. Neither of them are what one might say is religious, but when push comes to shove...................

I/O

Offline kievstar

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2009, 10:26:06 AM »
I think it depends on the person.  I visit India a lot and like most countries men are different depending on the person.  Southern part of India tends to have more old money and arranged marriages and vegetarians.  Northwest part men tend to be stronger physically and more "macho" as over the years they fought more.  Men in the northwest are known for being better in bed.  This is what women in India tell me and I have spent way to much time in this country.  But with the economy booming in India the country is mixing its people around like the USA.  I find men from India the same as USA and Ukraine.  Some good husbands and some bad husbands. 

Jamil the actor in "slumdog millionaire" would be attractive to many women worldwide, however Salim would be more attractive to women who like Ukrainian mobsters or politicans.  Actually Salim would be perfect for the attractive women in Kiev on Elenas models. 

Offline Mila

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »
To my mind, religion, skin colour, country.... it is not so important. All people made of blood and bones and we are all alike, the most important is person's inner world. Inner world is more important than physical one! I think every country has good and bad people, good looking and not so good....Some people are very beautiful and they attract other people by the way they look, other people are very smart and they also attract lots of people, some of us are very kind and well bread up, they attract lots of people as well, so in a word, every person is beautiful in its own way.And we also have a saying in Ukraine:"there is a customer for every product". Exactly same meaning we can apply to coolindian27' question!  :) 

Offline mrs.Shadow

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 01:52:23 AM »
coolindian27, Hello

Yes, you can find Russian Women which are interested in Indian guys. Russia has a very big culture experience, and many Russians know even Indian movies, actors.
Mithun Chakraborti for example. :)
When I read experiences I think I came from another planet or from future  :D

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 04:36:46 AM »
coolindian27, Hello

Yes, you can find Russian Women which are interested in Indian guys. Russia has a very big culture experience, and many Russians know even Indian movies, actors.

Watching Indian movies is one of my wife's favorites.. could never figure out why.

They are kinda funny..  wailing musicals.

Offline Tamara

• Commercial Member
  • Online Russian Teacher and Translator
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2009, 12:20:55 PM »
They are always interested in well educated, kind guys with high moral values.  It does not matter whether you are Indian or not, what kind of person are you is what really matters!  Couple years before I met my husband I actually dated a wonderful Indian guy, who lived in Canada at the time.  ;D 
http://www.PrimeLanguageServices.com
Live Online Russian Lessons and Certified Translations</b>

Offline OlgaH

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 12:35:55 PM »
Russia has a very big culture experience, and many Russians know even Indian movies, actors.

and Indian dance schools  :)

[youtube=425,350]bJyuxOS37h0[/youtube]

Moscow kuchipudi dance studio "Ananda Thandava"

[youtube=425,350]YlRrFqYvvlc&feature=related[/youtube]

Kuchipudi Indian classical dance by Elena Tarasova

[youtube=425,350]hsF1GmEXskE[/youtube]

Federation    for   Indian   Dance   in   Ukraine
http://www.indiadance.com.ua/video.htm

[youtube=425,350]0wNR4UXjpxs&feature=related[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 12:39:41 PM by OlgaH »

Offline victoria

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 11:55:08 PM »
Hi Coolindian27,

I was just wondering how long have you been in the USA for? Are you considering coming back home to India?

I hope you didn't mind me asking... The reason for that is that on several forums I read stories about how Indian guys date white girls in the USA and then come back to India and marry an Indian girl that their parents find for them. Arranged marriages still do exist in India and often guys are too afraid to go against thier parents' will.

I totally understand tranditions and all, but I do think that it is unfair to the girls that they date here and then leave heartbroken. 

What do you think about that? Do you think it is possible for an Indian guy to truly fall in love with a Russian/Ukrainian girl in the USA and marry her? What about his family? Wouldn't his parents object?

A Ukrainian Girl

Offline Ooooops

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:14 AM »
I guess I am attracted to Russian women. I have spoken to a couple of Russian girls here and they have a sexy accent. Also, I have heard that Russian women are family oriented, no drama when compared to American women.

Ouch!   "Zita and Gita" is nothing comparing to this upcoming plot!    ;D

I know a couple from Moscow - Indian guy and Russian woman, very (and I mean VERY) rich.   No bigotry there...   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 12:23:09 AM by Ooooops »

Offline Bored1

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2009, 01:17:33 AM »
I know 2 married to Indian mans.  One live in Moscow and another in Dehli.  :)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1963
Total: 1972

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM