It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12  (Read 109006 times)

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Why we stopped dating AW, volume 12
« Reply #100 on: August 29, 2016, 01:29:22 PM »
American women have been indoctrinated since birth to believe in and embrace divorce........[and so on]
These are a few more of the reasons why we have made the choice to stay away from AW at all costs.

Pretty bitter rant :popcorn:
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #101 on: August 29, 2016, 01:32:38 PM »
I will explain how I think it happened to a friend of mine.  He married after he started a small business.  He then worked six days a week, went in often on Sunday to catch up on paperwork.  He helped around the house and in fact as his wife was no superstar housekeeper did as much as her.  He helped raise their two children, spending as much time with them as her.  He remained faithful throughout their marriage and forgave her an affair.

After more than twenty years of marriage, she again had an affair and told him she wanted a divorce.  They agreed and went to separate attorneys.  She demanded the house, all of the saving investments and half of the value of the business which had grown to a substantial amount.  My buddy did not have that much in cash and she then demanded the business be sold to pay her half.

The judge decided she had a legitimate right to half of everything.  Not 100% of anything, but half.  She had never worked a day in the business or any other job during their marriage.  She got her half, he had to borrow against his own business to buy her out, and give her half of all the savings they had.  None of the savings had ever been accumulated by her.  He also had to sell his house, giving her half of the proceeds for that.  She got her half, and he used his to pay down on the loan he had to take to buy her out of the business.

You call it what you want, but I think he was raped.
...and how is a judge supposed to know the truth?  There are potentially lots of other factors not included in your post as well.  1/2 and 1/2 seems right to me in situations like this. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #102 on: August 29, 2016, 01:45:17 PM »
Okay, I can't take you seriously if you can't acknowledge the travesty that has become the American divorce courts. Gimme a break  :-\

Travesty is an exaggeration in my experience.  I felt I wound up paying a bit too much, but what the hell...it was close enough to live with. 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2016, 01:46:49 PM »
Nah.....I couldn't be bothered to put forth the energy to try to prove something that is so widely acknowledged.

So this is the logic we are dealing with here gentleman....

Yup, I can see why you have had such problems when you act like this...

Fathertime!   

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #104 on: August 29, 2016, 01:51:04 PM »
I think you are skimming again  ;D

They hired an attorney-analyst to review 500 cases over 3 years by this lesbian judge and compile the results.  That is actually DATA, not just your anecdotes.

No, you provided the example of one judge and even in that case, it was not an unbiased source.  Were there actually a pattern of bias, why would that organization not file a formal complaint?
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #105 on: August 29, 2016, 01:52:46 PM »
Nah.....I couldn't be bothered to put forth the energy to try to prove something that is so widely acknowledged.

It is anecdotally acknowledged by men.  It is not "widely acknowledged". 

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #106 on: August 29, 2016, 02:01:39 PM »
So this is the logic we are dealing with here gentleman....

And your post is the lack of knowledge of what appears to be an embittered male.

If a couple builds a life together, of course they should split their assets and their liabilities in half. 
It seems to me many men want the benefits of marriage, but not any of the negatives.

I out earn my better half.  By a lot.  I know we won't divorce, but if we did, I would have zero problem with him getting half of all of our assets, no matter whose names they were registered in. 

I used to work with a lawyer whose first wife divorced him about four years after he started practicing law.  I can understand why, he was a workaholic.  However, it was the best thing that happened to him, in retrospect.  She took everything.  He didn't fight at all (she was a lawyer as well).  When I asked him why he didn't fight for anything, he said he's a man, he knew he could go out and earn himself a living and replace the money quickly.  And he did.  He went on to become the highest earning lawyer in the country.   He was still a workaholic, but his second wife was fine with running the house in his absence.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:05:59 PM by Boethius »

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #108 on: August 29, 2016, 02:10:40 PM »

No, you provided the example of one judge and even in that case, it was not an unbiased source.  Were there actually a pattern of bias, why would that organization not file a formal complaint?

They reviewed 500 cases. I don't really know, what you think you should expect.  They are actual cases and not made up ones.

Children's custody is big business in Massachusetts and many other states - especially when everything else in the divorce flows from that.

A wider point is that all restrictions that used to be placed on women, have been removed. 

If I were to tell you that I met a woman who was nice in every way, liked me a great deal, but I was having problems because she had admitted to sleeping with 20 different men, you would belittle me. Yet a generation ago, such a woman would have been regarded as hopelessly debased and not "marriage material".

However many of the restrictions placed on men, remain. 

Combine that with fake science and goofy psychology, such as the "Duluth model" which is used everywhere but which has never been researched or double blind tested, and you have as Redfeather put it, a "his-fault divorce" situation.

It is hardly surprising that some women have as a result, become feral.  Why wouldn't they?  There is no downside.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline BC

« Reply #109 on: August 29, 2016, 02:12:27 PM »
If someone would have told me I'd marry a FSUW 15 years ago I would have laughed it off.  In fact I think chances of finding a nice woman at home or just bumping into one traveling are greater.  FSUW seekers are an infinitesimally small slice of the pie and those actually pulling it off a very very thin slice of that, thin enough that it could be called an illusion. 

Anyone around here get hitched lately?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #110 on: August 29, 2016, 02:50:25 PM »
They reviewed 500 cases. I don't really know, what you think you should expect.  They are actual cases and not made up ones.

Children's custody is big business in Massachusetts and many other states - especially when everything else in the divorce flows from that.

A wider point is that all restrictions that used to be placed on women, have been removed. 

If I were to tell you that I met a woman who was nice in every way, liked me a great deal, but I was having problems because she had admitted to sleeping with 20 different men, you would belittle me. Yet a generation ago, such a woman would have been regarded as hopelessly debased and not "marriage material".

However many of the restrictions placed on men, remain. 

Combine that with fake science and goofy psychology, such as the "Duluth model" which is used everywhere but which has never been researched or double blind tested, and you have as Redfeather put it, a "his-fault divorce" situation.

It is hardly surprising that some women have as a result, become feral.  Why wouldn't they?  There is no downside.

The reason for divorce (listed in court records) is rarely violence.  Children have their own advocates in court if required.

Joint custody is provided in all but 3 states, and is the default custodial arrangement in most.  In fact, in some states, legislation requires it to be the first consideration.

"feral" = anything you disagree with?

You seem to be of the view that women make the decision to divorce lightly.  Women with children rarely do.  Of the divorces I've seen, from my children's classmates, two were husband decided he's gay, one was wife decided she's gay, five were husbands cheating on the wife (in two cases, with a mother at the school, so another two divorces with adultery on the other side, which I didn't include), one wife was batsh$t crazy and he left her (he has custody),  three, husband had addiction issues, two, I have no idea.  In every case, but for the crazy lady, the parents shared custody. Even the crazy lady had joint custody, but her son refused to see her (she was abusive to him), and eventually, the daughter, who was living primarily with her, returned to her father.

Were any of the women "feral"?  No.  Did they do the right thing by their children?  No.  But all those kids are now grown, and but for the son of the crazy lady, they are all doing relatively well.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:52:23 PM by Boethius »

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #111 on: August 29, 2016, 02:51:55 PM »
And your post is the lack of knowledge of what appears to be an embittered male.

If a couple builds a life together, of course they should split their assets and their liabilities in half. 
It seems to me many men want the benefits of marriage, but not any of the negatives.

I out earn my better half.  By a lot.  I know we won't divorce, but if we did, I would have zero problem with him getting half of all of our assets, no matter whose names they were registered in. 

I used to work with a lawyer whose first wife divorced him about four years after he started practicing law.  I can understand why, he was a workaholic.  However, it was the best thing that happened to him, in retrospect.  She took everything.  He didn't fight at all (she was a lawyer as well).  When I asked him why he didn't fight for anything, he said he's a man, he knew he could go out and earn himself a living and replace the money quickly.  And he did.  He went on to become the highest earning lawyer in the country.   He was still a workaholic, but his second wife was fine with running the house in his absence.

I don't see anything good in this story.
A woman, her ex wife, entitled of her position got everything and why does she need everything? Because her occupation is an asset to rip off men?

But on an other hand, lawyer himself, he found some greatness to be abused?
Four years of marriage and she gets everything, that's insane.
as a man in the divorce business he  had just the right to shut up and open his wallet, perhaps that's why he didn't fight back.

In one case it's a robbery,
In the other case there are big issues about his psychological health.

I have rarely heard a woman saying: i have been beaten, raped, they cut me two fingers. But because i am woman it's in my nature to be a forgiver and a caring person so i returned at home and had sex the day after with my boyfriend to start a family.

So if we go further if women are the equals of men as it's a fairness' basis, why do you find admirable men who drop everything, but on an other hand it's not a problem if women keep half (your personal example)?

Sorry Bo, that's not directed towards you especially. We had already such type of disagreement before ;D
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 02:55:30 PM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Noch1

« Reply #112 on: August 29, 2016, 02:53:19 PM »
3 years ago for us, not sure what lately is.
but both of us are still quite happy and no expectations of future issues.
But for the record, if anything did happen, I have no problem with half Plus.
I have been screwed but for the most part I take the blame.

Remember one thing, you were not forced to do anything, you made the choices
you made and have to live with the results. You have options and yes whining about it
is one of those but not very productive one LOL.

I look at it this way, whatever happened in my life got me to this point.
In which I have found and married this amazing person.
My love and my best friend. Don't whine about what was, your wasting time and life.
Move on, deal with it, do what you need to, then live life. Its shorter than you think :)
Common sense, Is not so common!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #113 on: August 29, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »
I don't see anything good in this story.
A woman, her ex wife, entitled of her position got everything and why does she need everything? Because her occupation is an asset to rip off men?

But on an other hand, lawyer himself, he found some greatness to be abused?
Four years of marriage and she gets everything, that's insane.
as a man in the divorce business he  had just the right to shut up and open his wallet, perhaps that's why he didn't fight back.

In one case it's a robbery,
In the other case there are big issues about his psychological health.

I didn't say it was a great story.  I said he, as a man, shrugged it off because he viewed it as only money, which he, believing in himself, knew he could replace very easily.  At the time, he was maybe 32.  He could have fought for half, and he would have received it under our laws, but he decided he'd rather take the high road and just replace that money.

Time proved his assessment accurate.  She had nowhere near the career he did (though frankly, most lawyers anywhere do not), and he probably retired with $20 or $30 million.

I have rarely heard a woman saying: i have been beaten, raped, they cut me two fingers. But because i am woman it's in my nature to be a forgiver and a caring person so i returned at home and had sex the day after with my boyfriend to start a family.

Other than the rape part, I have seen women return to abusers frequently.  In fact, more often than not.

No problems on the disagreement.  I don't take it personally. ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:33:29 PM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #114 on: August 29, 2016, 03:01:20 PM »
A real woman, not an AW but a CW!!!!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/viral/woman-knocks-out-man-after-he-made-unwanted-advances-in-an-elevator/vi-BBvvow9?ocid=spartanntp

I saw a video linked on a news site of a Russian girl taking out a thief in the metro, after he grabbed her phone.  I showed it to the better half, who said there was a trend about twenty years ago, for girls to take martial arts to defend themselves. 

He told me it was Lesson #2,369 on "Don't mess with a RW."

Offline Boethius

« Reply #115 on: August 29, 2016, 03:03:18 PM »
There is much more to happiness than sex.  Feel free to say, "Gator, you lie again, and you say such just because you are old."  Yes, old, still feeling sexy, and wise (about myself).   :D

The better half tells me men's needs are primitive - sex, food, and sports.  Are you suggesting he is wrong? :P

Offline Gator

« Reply #116 on: August 29, 2016, 04:02:11 PM »

The better half tells me men's needs are primitive - sex, food, and sports.  Are you suggesting he is wrong? :P

Everyone is different, and I am sure he has more needs than just these three, which can be fulfilled without marriage. 

Mutual love is one of my needs with sex as one way of expressing it, food is something to share in my need for family, not being bored is a must and sports fills only one part of it,  ....

Other needs/musts/desires....grandchildren, friends, conversation, money, laughing, thinking, home, travel, pets, etc.  Experience all of them and one has a splendid life. 

Offline ML

« Reply #117 on: August 29, 2016, 04:24:06 PM »

An old saying:

Men are simple to understand and deal with for women.

If he has an erection - - have sex with him.

If he doesn't have an erection - - feed him something.

- - - - - -

And on the other side of the coin.

I just sat with Ochka for half an hour or so listening to what she did in her classes today.

I didn't understand much of what she said, but I nodded my head often and said a few words here and there.

Then I gave her some pleasures, and she is now cooking with a smile on her face.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:27:36 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #118 on: August 29, 2016, 05:51:14 PM »
That is a myth.  Divorce rates have been falling since the 1980's.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/upshot/the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives-on.html?smid=tw-share&abt=0002&abg=0&_r=2

The survey was done with a sample. It's doesn't represent the entire population well. Here are the nation's statistics on marriage and divorce. There is no noticeable divorce rate change. We can see by the numbers the number of divorces went significantly down but we also see the number of people entering marriage significantly go down although population increased. Feminists like to claim their movement help decrease the divorce rate when in fact it contributed to the decline in marriages and the divorce rate remained the same. Whether or not you believe disgruntled men's reasons for not marrying American women are real or imagined, we can't ignore the fact more and more men feel marriage to an American woman is a bad thing.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/marriage_divorce_tables.htm
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2016, 05:55:43 PM »

Those are primitive needs yet we aren't such simple creatures. Men have complex higher level needs such as sex, food, and sports.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #120 on: August 29, 2016, 07:35:16 PM »
American women have been indoctrinated since birth to believe in and embrace divorce.

So how come Russia has the highest divorce rate, way higher than that of the US and the overwhelming majority of divorces are initiated by Russian women?
Russian women see marriage as expendable the moment it does not satisfy them on any number of points.

Do you see how this goes against everything you so passionately wish for in a wife? I bet $100 that you are not married to an FSUW and do not even have any meaningful experience with FSUW, that is how naive and brain-washed you sound.

From what you describe that you want in a wife, you are much better off finding a wife through one of many conservative American churches.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline BillyB

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »
So how come Russia has the highest divorce rate, way higher than that of the US and the overwhelming majority of divorces are initiated by Russian women?

I believe Russian women are divorcing their husbands for different reasons than American women are divorcing their husbands. If Russian husbands were making the same average income American men are making, there would be less financial stress in the relationship, life would be more comfortable and in turn, save a lot of marriages.

Ukraine and Russia currently have some of the highest divorce rates in the world. On the other hand predominantly Muslin FSU nations have some of the lowest divorce rates in the world. I'm not going to label all American women bad. Many good high quality American women get married and stay married. They should be equally credited for building this great nation where it's at today. The choices of women the second go around for a guy isn't very appealing. Check out two free sites, Craigslist in America and Mamba and FSU women are superior in looks, physical health, and in education.

If a guy could afford it, he should go FSU. Lots of quality women there but a guy can't tell bad women from the good, he will get in trouble no matter where he goes.

Offline pitbull

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2016, 09:16:59 PM »
I believe Russian women are divorcing their husbands for different reasons than American women are divorcing their husbands. If Russian husbands were making the same average income American men are making, there would be less financial stress in the relationship, life would be more comfortable and in turn, save a lot of marriages.

Ukraine and Russia currently have some of the highest divorce rates in the world. On the other hand predominantly Muslin FSU nations have some of the lowest divorce rates in the world.

By your own logic men from Muslim FSU nations should have as high or higher incomes as the US men have. However, those nations tend to be the poorest.
BTW FSUW divorce for roughly the same reasons as US women.
[size=78%]Interesting statistics - while the divorce rate is around 50% on average in the US, it is only 20% for college educated population.[/size]
The higher the education the lower the divorce rate .

Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline BillyB

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2016, 09:48:51 PM »
By your own logic men from Muslim FSU nations should have as high or higher incomes as the US men have. However, those nations tend to be the poorest.

Different factors come into play in those nations. Religion and cultural pressure shaming divorcees may be a factor. Sometimes living in very poor conditions helps people from divorcing each other. No reason for a woman to divorce a poor man only to land into the arms of another poor man. Ukraine and Russia are different. There are rich and very rich men in Ukraine and Russia. They can have a wife and mistresses. Some women would rather be a rich man's mistress than a poor man's wife.

Offline CaptB

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2016, 06:28:06 AM »
I did not read all of the post here. Just got the gist of it. I usually only visit here one a year for a week or two.......then hibernate for about 11 1/2 months.......until I can see my shadow. I never stopped dating AW. After my divorce........ (about six months or so).......my dating life was actually very full. I averaged 2-3 dates a month. I had three kids I had to entertain a few times a week. Pool league. Swam a mile.....6-7 days a week. Work. A pretty full life. RW were an add-on. Just an alternative. A few AW came really close.....a little longer and.......who knows. But the one who won my heart.........just happened to be a Russian. My folks favorite in-law......by far. They even send her birthday money. To them she is a "daughter".......not....."a daughter-in-law". My wife is stubborn (a normal Russian trait).......sometimes a pain in-the-ass........but without hesitation.....the love of my life. I dated "many" very nice AW.........the winner just happened to be Russian.
If an AW was a bitch.....I quickly moved on. Why waste you time on someone......who does not like you.....as much as you......like her. If it isn't "mutual"........move on.

Capt B
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2003
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1990
Total: 2000

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM