It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Sochi - preparation for New Year  (Read 21327 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Sochi - preparation for New Year
« on: December 30, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
Arrived via Manchester, Istanbul, Moscow and Sochi airports - 2 changes and my hold baggage kept up with me !

Landed at Sochi at lunchtime - and I let SC drive.  It was Manchester weather -grey,  windy and wet - but not too cold.  The snow had gone at sea level.

I was reminded where I was when I tried to help SC reverse out from the parking bay and three cars - an SUV, taxi and a VW Tiguan with a 'lady' at the wheel trying to take me out - rather than permitting SC to reverse out :)

SC was trying to explain all the delights of her new toy - which includes a rear camera - and I wondered why such nice people face to face are SO aggressive behind the wheel ?!

The route NW to Sochi, along the coast took us past the ships searching for the wreckage of the Tu-154 - surprisingly close to the beach.

The posh highway - built for the Olympics - is much narrowed - as the retaining walls are giving way and a major tunnel on this highway is closed - resulting in a v.slow diversion and north bound traffic from the airport is surrounded on either side by south bound traffic which is SCARY !

We arrived home in one piece - a miracle given the weather and driving - and I wanted to sleep..... but 'welcome' to living with an FSU woman.. S.C had read up on 'parasites' and I had to drink a potion of ground cloves and other meds ..

Within an hour my stomach was in turmoil and S.C pronounced I was winning the war and the parasites were dying ...?!

Funnily enough, I didn't venture out much the next - full day - 28th - and it was the 29th before we hit the post office - to register my presence - 5 minutes and 450 Roubles, get my Galaxy Note 5's charging issue sorted out - 500 Roubles - dirt in the charging port and shopping for groceries and home made red wine, cheeses and black honey. I noted that petrol had gone UP - over 10 percent ... 42 roubles for 95 octane.

SC had moved the TV and it wasn't close to a network point - so Moby had brought some new Gigabit Home plugs and was pleased that they worked just fine.  Now, we have 250 channels and I can watch UK / RU TV on any TV in any room and cast my computer  /' mobilnik' to the TVs... Chromecasts were 'only' GBP before Xmas.

Today, we went into the mountains and had a Ruskie Banya  - Russian Bath ...  This involves a Sauna - wearing a pointed hat - running out to the nearby raging torrent - diving in -

being washed downstream and quickly swimming ashore - in BLOODY cold water [ 4C].. and beating each other with Oak leaves on twigs.

I had previously managed to sneakily avoid the cool dip - last time in  a large barrel- by quickly pulling a bucket of icy water over my head - but this time the Russians were determined I'd not kop out and I ran out steaming, dived in and somehow clambered ashore, downstream.

Wow, it really is stimulating and I felt GREAT after..

We feasted on local Trout

Crossed a rickety rope bridge

and I was allowed to drive home - being urged to drive more quickly ... ''don't worry, if the limit is 40 Km/h you can do 60" .. I chose to allow a queue to form and found I 'lost 'em' up hill and was first away at lights ... WHY, so aggressive- yet slow away from Green lights ? ;)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: Sochi - preparation for New Year
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 07:19:33 PM »
Today, we went into the mountains and had a Ruskie Banya  - Russian Bath ...  This involves a Sauna - wearing a pointed hat - running out to the nearby raging torrent - diving in -

Thanks for sharing but where are the photos of you in a mankini and pointed hat!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: Sochi - preparation for New Year
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing but where are the photos of you in a mankini and pointed hat!

I'm in the video ..:)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM