It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Still Going.....  (Read 15670 times)

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Still Going.....
« on: July 26, 2017, 04:31:50 PM »
Just a note to inform anyone who may be interested that the Gator family is still going like the Energizer Bunny.     

I believe it was more than a few months ago when I last posted at RWD.  I hope everyone is doing well.  The posts in this section  show ML's and Billy's marriages are still going well, and that is good. 

My Cossack Woman and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary this summer.  Although 52, she is still a bundle of energy, doing things I never expected such as presenting for my birthday a landscape she painted. 

One day I noticed red spots on her face.  She smiled.  As a prop for her explanation, she showed me her recently purchased centrifuge.  The story:  She had produced her own PRP (platelet-rich plasma), combined it with stem-cell material, and made subcutaneous injections.  Those who know her would question her expertise to attempt this, considering she never studied science, and she first worked as an acrobat in a circus and then a runway model for 13 years.    Answer:  her best friend is a laboratory research scientist in regenerative medicine.  I still question the procedure, especially considering she looks much younger than her years. Yet, I should not be surprised given a RW's worship of cosmetology and the value they assign to beauty.   

My wife has been in America for over 5 years.  She has yet to make a trip home.  Instead her friends and mama come here.  Her parents gave their life savings to her to invest in American opportunities.  She combined it with her money to purchase a 3-BR home in a secure, planned community.  I attempted to detour her, expressing my concern about liquidity and  finding good tenants.  She found a Russian family and signed a long-tem lease with them.  I  gave her a bridge loan until her parents' money is fully delivered, and she greatly appreciated my support.   BTW,  phone calls from tenants go directly to her.  Of course, I have to arrange for a plumber or whatever is needed. 

We travel some and recently visited Guanajuato Mexico.  She liked the quaint city, especially the cooler weather.  Very few Gringos - 95% of the tourists were Mexican.  Friendly, happy people who know how to enjoy life, especially the small things.  On the drive I noticed many modern factories, equal to the best new industrial construction in America.  Most cars are new.  The country is starting to realize its potential.  While there, we purchased packets and packets of syringes for PRP-stem cell injections.  TSA broke the lock on her luggage to examine them. 

My 28-yo stepdaughter is busy with a rapidly growing business her 30-yo husband started recently.   Their business exceeded a $million in revenue a year ago, and they are starting a second store.  She drives a new Corvette, and has a license to carry, a Glock no less.    No children, yet.   "Too serious" of a decision.

My 18-yo stepson has much angst about his future.  Even though he takes AP classes, and makes A's and B's, he has not done well on the SAT tests.   I provided him a tutor for the summer to prepare for another SAT test.  My guess is that he likely will have to attend a community college,  and that destroys his gung-ho dream to enroll at a larger, better university and enroll in the Navy ROTC program. 

Me?  I am advancing through the Decade of Decline.  Some would say we decline every decade, yet the entry and exit points for a human's 70s are more dramatic than for any other decade.  The worst casualty of the decade, my  "Give a Shit" meter is no longer functional.   This is not to say I am grumpy, as I am contented and feel fulfilled, not only by my Russian family but the blessing of a granddaughter, etc.  Let's say I simply don't make time for things that don't interest me. 

My health is good except for some arthritic joints - no replacement surgery as I now infiltrate my shoulder with a mixture of PRP and stem cell material.  My golf game has not declined, but it takes work to keep  my handicap in the mid-teens.   We are planning to downsize within the next 2-3 years. 

To the men not married, I recommend marrying a RW even though they will be difficult at times.  Difficult yes, but not trouble if you are lucky enough to find a good one. 

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Still Going.....
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 06:04:19 PM »
Good to hear again from you Phil :D!

My health is good except for some arthritic joints - no replacement surgery as I now infiltrate my shoulder with a mixture of PRP and stem cell material.
Aah, so you joined the 'rejuvenation brigade'...tangentially ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline calmissile

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 06:19:40 PM »
Great to hear from you Gator.  Turned 74 a few weeks ago.  Also have some arthritis discomfort, but it is livable.  We celebrated our 4th anniversary on July 3.  I am still working full time, but likely to reduce to 1/2 time if they will let me.  Otherwise I will retire (for the third time) :)

Larissa is 43 and Lisa is now 8.  Still the loves of my life.  They just returned from vacation in Ukraine and Israel.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:04:23 PM »

Welcome back Gator. Although you admit to be on the decline, it good to know you are still happy and enjoying life.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 02:09:06 AM »
Still 'Crazy after all these years' - might have been a better title, Phil ? ;)

Don't be a stranger ...

Offline Jumper

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 08:42:55 AM »
 :
Hi gator,  good to hear all is well! !!

Offline ML

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2017, 01:29:17 PM »
Hi Phil,

Usually when long time members disappear for a few months, we think the worst.

Reason being that those whose marriage falls apart usually are reluctant to come back to tell the story.

So good to hear that wasn't your case.

You said: "To the men not married, I recommend marrying a RW even though they will be difficult at times.  Difficult yes, but not trouble if you are lucky enough to find a good one."

I would say both difficult and trouble.

We got along much better before marriage than after. 
Don't know what happened.

Still better in most respects than anyone I could have found here who could pass my screening . . . but I am getting tired of many things that are recurring.

My father wanted to go off and live alone when he was about my age.
Probably not such a bad idea.
Then only one person can irritate you.

Have any of you gents noticed the FSU gals often don't answer the simple question your ask?
Yes, they give an answer . . . but not to the specific question you asked.
And it's not a matter of misunderstanding the question.

For instance:  Dear, what time are we going to eat?
She:  I am thinking about either chicken or pork.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2017, 01:49:05 PM »
ML,

Havn't noticed that trait.
Then again my wife is pretty western thinking and I  seldom notice much of anything I would find fsu related.

As far as,before and after marriage, getting along, we always meshed very well, it's why we got married. ;)
  I'd say the relationship is improved  if anything ,as we share more life experiences as a family, learn how to communicate with each other better (not langusge related, just as two strong personalities)etc.

Trouble?My wife is certainly no trouble,she's completely  supportive and contributes in every way. We share the same general interests in life and generally have a blast together.
Difficult?  That's not the word I'd use.
Like me, she can be stubborn in an issue she feels strongly about, but is open to discuss things and great about looking at the other points of view on most anything.
If anything I'd be the more difficult one.

YMMV.

Offline Gator

« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2017, 01:50:12 PM »
Sandro, Billy, Roby, Jumper and ML:  Thanks for the greetings.  It feels good to hear from the long-time members, some of my vintage. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2017, 01:59:33 PM »
Hi Phil,

Reason being that those whose marriage falls apart usually are reluctant to come back to tell the story.

So good to hear that wasn't your case.

If that were my case (God forbid it), I would have returned promptly, and maybe offer a bit off perspective as a learning lesson.

IMO. most people disappear not because of the "worst," but because they are fulfilled living the dream, have little new to contribute at RWD,  and/or receive  diminishing entertainment from participation.  For example, one of the more prolific contributors in the past has not posted for years, yet has a happy family life with growing child and is busy being a newly appointed Dean at a fine university. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2017, 02:12:19 PM »
Hi Phil,

Have any of you gents noticed the FSU gals often don't answer the simple question your ask?
Yes, they give an answer . . . but not to the specific question you asked.
And it's not a matter of misunderstanding the question.

I translate your example. 

"I don't know when we will eat.  First, I must decide what we will eat.   Chicken will take longer to prepare than pork.  However, I may want to try a new recipe for which I am not sure I have all the ingredients.  Before I start, I need to call my friend and I am not sure how long our conversation will last because we may want to talk about new recipes among other talk such as a new dress I saw on the Internet, what our husbands did today, our family in the old country, a new medical breakthrough I saw on TV........I don't want to make the effort to explain all of this to you, so get out of my kitchen and watch some TV."

Bottom line:  A RW may very well be more logical in her communication than it initially seems, and it is not worth the sweat for a man to try to understand her.        R-E-L-A-X.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 02:14:30 PM »
Jumper, talk to me years from now after menopause.

Yes, YMMV. 

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 02:38:05 PM »
It is nice to hear an update about you and your family, Phil. I am glad that everyone is doing fine.

Feeling angst about the future when you are 18 y.o. is actually a good sign. The situation could be much worse if he did not give a shit about his future. For people with Russian blood, fears are a strong motivational power that pushes them to pursue a better life for themselves. Just remind him that there usually are more than one way to the desired end. If one way is blocked, he needs to look for another one. I remember when I realized that I could not get into the banking college that I dreamed about at my 17, I was feeling hopeless for a few years. Knowing what I know now, my life would never be as good as it is now if I was able to get into the college.

Why did I feel a sad vibe from the “give a shit” paragraph? It is a good thing that you are contented and do not waste your time on things that do not interest you. As long as you can find something that interests you, you are good. Trouble comes when nothing seems to be interesting and engaging.

Our marriage is also going well. It will be 9 years in December. Ray did not change much. His kind humor and self-assurance are still the same. He still works. Every day, he gets up at 6 am, takes a shower, eats a breakfast, and goes out there to conquer the world. His love of being productive continues to amaze me. I, on the other hand, enjoy my early retirement. =) It feels so good! Occasionally (not often), I struggle to find stimulating occupations for myself, but it usually passes quickly. Lately, I got fascinated with this woman (pic is below). I am mastering low carb diet. I want to look like her in my 45.
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2017, 04:34:21 PM »

Remove the word "time" out of your question and your wife answered your question right. How much did you drink before asking that question?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2017, 10:28:23 PM »

I always thought the worst was falling into the trap of drugs and alcohol and then die by suicide. When posters disappear for a while, I always assume the worst.

Offline Gator

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2017, 08:58:25 AM »

Feeling angst about the future when you are 18 y.o. is actually a good sign. The situation could be much worse if he did not give a shit about his future. For people with Russian blood, fears are a strong motivational power that pushes them to pursue a better life for themselves. Just remind him that there usually are more than one way to the desired end. If one way is blocked, he needs to look for another one. I remember when I realized that I could not get into the banking college that I dreamed about at my 17, I was feeling hopeless for a few years. Knowing what I know now, my life would never be as good as it is now if I was able to get into the college.

Good answer.  However, I feel confident in asserting you have more drive and determination than my stepson.  I am not critical of him because he has some marvelous personality traits.  He has an incredibly affable personality, is caring of others, and can be rather entertaining.  He will always have a career in sales if his dreams don't come true.   

He is very kind towards the elderly.  I am trying to persuade him to pursue nursing or physical therapy, considering America's aging population.     

Why did I feel a sad vibe from the “give a shit” paragraph? It is a good thing that you are contented and do not waste your time on things that do not interest you. As long as you can find something that interests you, you are good. Trouble comes when nothing seems to be interesting and engaging.

Not to worry, I still dabble about in many interests other than golf.  Also, my wife has broadened my network of friends. 

Our marriage is also going well. It will be 9 years in December. Ray did not change much. His kind humor and self-assurance are still the same. He still works. Every day, he gets up at 6 am, takes a shower, eats a breakfast, and goes out there to conquer the world. His love of being productive continues to amaze me. I, on the other hand, enjoy my early retirement. =) It feels so good! Occasionally (not often), I struggle to find stimulating occupations for myself, but it usually passes quickly.

Excellent!

Lately, I got fascinated with this woman (pic is below). I am mastering low carb diet. I want to look like her in my 45.

I thought that was you until I studied her face. :D :D :D

Low carb diets are difficult for RW.  No bread, no tort.   ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2017, 09:26:41 AM »
Sandro, Billy, Roby, Jumper and ML:  Thanks for the greetings.  It feels good to hear from the long-time members, some of my vintage.

Either I'll have a pint of what Phil's drinking or order stronger spectacles;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2017, 09:31:20 AM »
Lately, I got fascinated with this woman (pic is below). I am mastering low carb diet. I want to look like her in my 45.

Eat fresh fruit, veg b( far too much Garlic)  honey, and raw eggs  - no meat - and you can look like the missus' who is five years older ...

Hands up who reckons those fun bags are real....

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2017, 09:34:27 AM »
me:    'what we eating tonight?'
she:    'don't know, you want meat or fish?'
me:    'fish'

I walk into the kitchen and she's cooking meat.

me:   'why did you even ask'
she:  'just wanted to know'

Never fails.

Offline Gator

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2017, 09:58:02 AM »
Either I'll have a pint of what Phil's drinking or order stronger spectacles;)

:ROFL:

I forgot to include Calmissile in my list, and Doug plus Sandro would equal two, a number that allows the use of "some of my vintage." 

I may be old but you are no spring chicken.  Plus there is the fact about Englishmen and the midday sun. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2017, 10:06:30 AM »
Eat fresh fruit, veg b( far too much Garlic)  honey, and raw eggs  - no meat - and you can look like the missus' who is five years older ...

Fruit, honey... are not part of a low carb diet, while meat is a key part of a low carb diet.  There is much to be said about low carb diets, ketosis, etc.  I am sure VWRW has done her research.

Everybody's metabolism differs as well as their mentality.  What works for one person may not work for another.  I found a low carb diet works quickly for me, yet  there is not enough variety to sustain me for a long period. 

Hands up who reckons those fun bags are real....

Real or not, I have thought about adding a pair to the dashboard of my car so when I am in a traffic jam, or just waiting at a long traffic light, I can rub my face in them.   

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2017, 11:17:30 AM »

Everybody's metabolism differs as well as their mentality.  What works for one person may not work for another. 

I agree. That is why I try to modify this diet so I can make it my lifestyle. I do not have to lose much weight so I do not have to cut my carbs' consumption to a small number. My goal is to consume less than 150 gm of carbs daily. This amount of carbs allows me to have variety and the internet offers so many low carb recipes. I even can drink dry wine while on this diet.  :) This seems to be the only diet that helps to keep muscles almost intact while losing weight. But anyway, I've got distracted with this dieting discussion.

I wanted to remind you, Gator, that RWD has an unwritten rule - you have to post pics when you write an update about yourself. We want to see pics with the text.  8)
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline msmob

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2017, 09:46:20 PM »
:ROFL:

I may be old but you are no spring chicken.

How true !

Plus there is the fact about Englishmen and the midday sun.

I'm about as English as you are Russian ...  Though I was 'made' in Coventry - like a Jaguar - ( Dad was working as a Graduate apprentice and Ma cam over for a long weekend ) I was born of Northern Ireland parents, in Belfast...  Not v. English ;)

Wise Ulstermen stay indoors - why their beloved grills on the beach at 35C - that's 90F+ in old money, I think ...

Offline Gator

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2017, 02:55:05 PM »

I wanted to remind you, Gator, that RWD has an unwritten rule - you have to post pics when you write an update about yourself. We want to see pics with the text.  8)

I did not want to scare anyone.  Besides, I am having trouble uploading photos - the old photo depository is not working.

Offline Gator

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2017, 03:04:59 PM »

I'm about as English as you are Russian ...  Though I was 'made' in Coventry - like a Jaguar - ( Dad was working as a Graduate apprentice and Ma cam over for a long weekend ) I was born of Northern Ireland parents, in Belfast...  Not v. English ;)

Close enough.  I assume you would never drink Jameson but would happily have a glass of Protestant Bushmills, even though the difference is nil.   :D 

Wise Ulstermen stay indoors - why their beloved grills on the beach at 35C - that's 90F+ in old money, I think ...

95F.  C = 5/9(F - 32) 

Does it ever reach 35C in Northern Ireland?  People wore sweaters at every beach I have seen in Ireland or Scotland.   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM