It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Can't find Active Topics  (Read 4172 times)

Offline Bounder

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Can't find Active Topics
« on: February 27, 2017, 04:01:39 PM »
Hi,

I wanted to write on the Skype thread, but as soon as I log in, it is all political threads and I can't find the damn topic anywhere. Does anyone know where it is?

Maybe "Russian Women Discussion" is no longer an accurate description of this website and it should be changed to "Donald Trump Discussion" or "American Politics Discussion"??!!

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Can't find Active Topics
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 04:37:16 PM »
I wanted to write on the Skype thread, but as soon as I log in, it is all political threads and I can't find the damn topic anywhere. Does anyone know where it is?
Bounder, I assume you mean you cannot see it in the "Recent Posts" list at right? If so, you'll just have to use the forum "Search" function with "Skype" as keyword, and you'll get a list of all posts with that keyword in it ;).
Maybe "Russian Women Discussion" is no longer an accurate description of this website and it should be changed to "Donald Trump Discussion" or "American Politics Discussion"??!!
Yes, and the repetitions are profoundly boring to non-US members :(. But, as Trump's presidency gets rolling, I'am afraid we must expect even more of it.
:deadhorse:

A solution might be to lump all those threads into a single one, as was done for Obama's :-\.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Bounder

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 05:00:59 PM »
Bounder, I assume you mean you cannot see it in the "Recent Posts" list at right? If so, you'll just have to use the forum "Search" function with "Skype" as keyword, and you'll get a list of all posts with that keyword in it ;).Yes, and the repetitions are profoundly boring to non-US members :(. But, as Trump's presidency gets rolling, I'am afraid we must expect even more of it.

A solution might be to lump all those threads into a single one, as was done for Obama's :-\.
I usually look at the list of recent posts along the bottom of the screen. I'm assuming the latest posts on the right-hand side are the same ones as the list at the bottom of the page.

I don't ever use the search function for reasons that have just been borne out. I searched the term "Skype" - the recent thread (the one I was looking for - doesn't turn up.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 05:35:59 PM »
"Maybe "Russian Women Discussion" is no longer an accurate description of this website and it should be changed to "Donald Trump Discussion" or "American Politics Discussion"??!!"

I'm sorry are we handling Skype Tech Support now?

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 07:00:28 PM »

Maybe "Russian Women Discussion" is no longer an accurate description of this website..

If it wasn't for Russian women, we probably wouldn't be here   8)
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 09:47:46 PM »

I'm 'sorry' - but as it relates to a westerner's communication with FSU people - I don't see the need for the question ...

FAR more interesting than 'Tramp' bollox ;)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 10:36:45 PM »
Hi,

Under the 'Experienced' heading, currently three down. Assuming you're being serious though and it not me just not getting a sense of sarcasm, lol. If can't find I guess either use the search function, try another browser/computer. Occasionally on some of my gear I get topic only appear on the main screen, a glitch I guess.

How are thing going in Moscow Bounder? All blossoming I hope :D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 11:28:52 PM »
"I'm 'sorry' - but as it relates to a westerner's communication with FSU people - I don't see the need for the question ...

well, if you find tech support more interesting, that's wonderful, I thought he'd get better feedback for his question at http://community.skype.com/ than here
anyone know how to configure TensorFlow under Windows?  I'd be 'blown away' if there was...

BTW, as someone married to a Ukrainian woman for 17 years, with 2 bi-lingual children, and who lived 3 yr in Sevastopol, and who's been going to the FSU for over 20 years, I offer the following advice.

1. use common sense
2. use google
3. some things are best experienced directly on your own, the more you learn, the better you become at handling different situations
4. don't be afraid to try things that are challenging and to make mistakes
5. Obolon on tap is pretty darn good on a hot summer's day, stay away from the kvas wagon however
6. if you want to learn Russian quickly use Google!  go to Google's language tools, set it from English to Russian translation, type in something like, "I want to buy", on the right right side you'll see the Russian translation, click on the speaker button and you'll hear it spoken to you, it'll sound like, "ya ha choo kopeet", then learn the nouns that are important like beer or piva, do this with more and more phrases and nouns, before you know it you'll speak enough Russian to get a taxi, buy lunch, or ask a really pretty girl "where the post office is"  go have an adventure, live life

Offline JayH

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 01:17:33 AM »
Hi,

Ah--diddums-- did you forget to take your medication>?How big a baby are you?
How incompetent can you possibly be? Wait--it's not your fault!
Ever heard of an index?
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21714.msg457782#msg457782

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=forum

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?board=4.    Subject / Started by   Replies / Views   Last post

So what do you think? "Avi's story"
Started by Maxx2 « 1 2 3 ... 8 »
194 Replies
35915 Views   Last post July 13, 2015, 05:15:23 PM
by yaricksl

Invitation letter for MIL2B and friends to come to wedding in USA... need help.
Started by MaxxumUSA « 1 2  All »
29 Replies
42732 Views   Last post March 14, 2011, 06:06:31 AM
by Daveman

Finding a Girl in your subject area? Is it best?  New
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 4 »
86 Replies
1883 Views   Last post Yesterday at 09:54:28 PM
by msmob

Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infections  New
Started by msmob « 1 2 3 »
61 Replies
3127 Views   Last post Yesterday at 09:42:51 PM
by msmob

Using Skype question
Started by xiphoid
8 Replies
304 Views   Last post Yesterday at 04:10:52 AM
by msmob

That enough clues for you?
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline JayH

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 01:27:45 AM »
Bounder, I assume you mean you cannot see it in the "Recent Posts" list at right? If so, you'll just have to use the forum "Search" function with "Skype" as keyword, and you'll get a list of all posts with that keyword in it ;).Yes, and the repetitions are profoundly boring to non-US members :(. But, as Trump's presidency gets rolling, I'am afraid we must expect even more of it.

That would be a BAD idea --at this stage.
As I pointed out to the incalcerint Gator -- threads may have TRUMP as central character but in fact are on quite different topics.

EG
Immigration thread is quite different thread on Russian relationship-- who Trump admin incompetence etc
Threads

This thread
The big deal: Putin intends to dismantle the world order    Started Sept13 2016

Specifically is about Putins attempting to change the balance of power -the title is clear enough.

UKRAINE & USA Relationship under Trump  Nov 19 2016
Started after the election with many specific questions still unanswered to this day

THE TRUMP DOCTRINE  Starte d Feb1 2016

Was intended to be about Trumps manifesto-- his overall plan and ongoing execution of it.

THE TRUMP PATH TO IMPEACHMENT  started FEB15th 2016
Instead of polluting other threads with what may or may not be a short term issue -- and with many rumours flying I considered it appropriate to try and concentrate the discussion here of  what was very hot news.
Thhis is still very much a game in action-- so keep following!
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21246.100

BTW--how long did it take to amalagamate Obama threads--8 years?
It would be an entirely incorrect response at this stage -- and even more so because of some "girls' hissy fit.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 02:16:04 AM »
That would be a BAD idea --at this stage.

I think Sandro's idea has legs... PLEASE do it !

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 04:50:22 AM by msmob »

Offline mhr7

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 02:41:16 AM »

I think Sandor's idea has legs... PLEASE do it !
:clapping:
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Online krimster2

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2017, 05:28:47 AM »
how about letting people post about whatever, and if the topic doesn’t appeal to you then don’t bother reading it

Offline Bounder

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2017, 03:19:18 PM »
That would fit well into the "Skype" thread I was asking about, not that it would be particularly relevant and would be really more akin to trolling.  There was a skype thread going on, I think Boethius has linked it, you - just a useless douchebag.

"I'm 'sorry' - but as it relates to a westerner's communication with FSU people - I don't see the need for the question ...

well, if you find tech support more interesting, that's wonderful, I thought he'd get better feedback for his question at http://community.skype.com/ than here
anyone know how to configure TensorFlow under Windows?  I'd be 'blown away' if there was...

BTW, as someone married to a Ukrainian woman for 17 years, with 2 bi-lingual children, and who lived 3 yr in Sevastopol, and who's been going to the FSU for over 20 years, I offer the following advice.

1. use common sense
2. use google
3. some things are best experienced directly on your own, the more you learn, the better you become at handling different situations
4. don't be afraid to try things that are challenging and to make mistakes
5. Obolon on tap is pretty darn good on a hot summer's day, stay away from the kvas wagon however
6. if you want to learn Russian quickly use Google!  go to Google's language tools, set it from English to Russian translation, type in something like, "I want to buy", on the right right side you'll see the Russian translation, click on the speaker button and you'll hear it spoken to you, it'll sound like, "ya ha choo kopeet", then learn the nouns that are important like beer or piva, do this with more and more phrases and nouns, before you know it you'll speak enough Russian to get a taxi, buy lunch, or ask a really pretty girl "where the post office is"  go have an adventure, live life

Offline Bounder

Offline Bounder

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2017, 03:22:56 PM »
Ah--diddums-- did you forget to take your medication>?How big a baby are you?
How incompetent can you possibly be? Wait--it's not your fault!
Ever heard of an index?
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21714.msg457782#msg457782

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=forum

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?board=4.    Subject / Started by   Replies / Views   Last post

So what do you think? "Avi's story"
Started by Maxx2 « 1 2 3 ... 8 »
194 Replies
35915 Views   Last post July 13, 2015, 05:15:23 PM
by yaricksl

Invitation letter for MIL2B and friends to come to wedding in USA... need help.
Started by MaxxumUSA « 1 2  All »
29 Replies
42732 Views   Last post March 14, 2011, 06:06:31 AM
by Daveman

Finding a Girl in your subject area? Is it best?  New
Started by JayH « 1 2 3 4 »
86 Replies
1883 Views   Last post Yesterday at 09:54:28 PM
by msmob

Sexually Transmitted Diseases / Infections  New
Started by msmob « 1 2 3 »
61 Replies
3127 Views   Last post Yesterday at 09:42:51 PM
by msmob

Using Skype question
Started by xiphoid
8 Replies
304 Views   Last post Yesterday at 04:10:52 AM
by msmob

That enough clues for you?

No.  Saw your last sentence and the beginning.  Troll.  Looking for useful information such as Boethius and Trenchcoat provided. Look up "helpful" in the dictionary.  And "douchebag," while you're there.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2017, 03:24:37 PM »
"Maybe "Russian Women Discussion" is no longer an accurate description of this website and it should be changed to "Donald Trump Discussion" or "American Politics Discussion"??!!"

No, "Latest information re immigration from Trump" describes this website for anyone coming here if they log in.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2017, 03:27:40 PM »

I feel your pain.  But how will lumping all into one thread change anything?  It will just be the same volume going into a single thread.  So when you log in, all you'll see is "Donald Trump" thread.  Better would be to consign these discussions to a corner and leave oxygen available for dating in FSU.

Offline Bounder

« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2017, 03:29:31 PM »
how about letting people post about whatever, and if the topic doesn’t appeal to you then don’t bother reading it

There are one or two threads that gobble up the "advertising space" of recent posts and then the rest are consigned to God knows where. That's the problem.

Online krimster2

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2017, 03:32:10 PM »
describes this website for anyone coming here if they log in."

yeah definitely not as good as skype questions, and google is just SO hard to use

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541374
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1318
Most Online Ever: 12701