It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 456470 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1100 on: March 22, 2020, 07:16:37 PM »
. It's the anti Trump America that didn't take it seriously and will be hit the hardest. Rest of America will be fine. 
People living in closer proximately to each other are at the greatest risk, those people are in cities.  Often it is cities where a greater percentage of non trump voters live.   Out in rural america people won't have as much contact with others, and that is where much of trump's support is. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1101 on: March 22, 2020, 07:20:48 PM »

We will judge Trump after this.    Meanwhile, what are Trump's options?   What would you do?    If you can believe their data, the nation that seems closest to beating this is China.    Our military and law enforcement are too small to enforce what China did, given our cultural differences.   Surely you are not the panicked de Blasio and calling for the military? 
So now suddenly China did handle it right, yet still a lot of self righteous criticism of china from you

Assuming the virus is as dangerous as it appears to be, De Blasio is ahead of the curve by calling for the military.  Trump, like other presidents would rather use the military to bomb and occupy other nations, than do a most basic duty of helping american's in america. 

Fathertime! 

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1102 on: March 22, 2020, 07:26:30 PM »
Oh no we are not.   I've never had a busier day than today.  Had to shut down early because people were bumping into each other...practically on top of each other.  I wore a mask today for the first time, and got teased.  People thought I was ridiculous.  I'm not making this up.  I'd say 1 in 15 people came in with a mask on,  a couple people had gloves.  I was attempting to practice social isolation but it was very difficult.  I watched people shaking hands several times.... 

I went to the supermarket after work, none of the cashiers were wearing masks, everybody is touching everything in the supermarket. They were out of the wipes for the shopping carts so nobody was washing hands or cleaning shopping cart handles.    We in the states are NOT even close to following the guidelines as a whole. 

If indeed this virus is as serious as some make it out to be, the nation needs martial law imposed asap.   I mean real isolation, not what this pretend we are isolating silliness.   

Fathertime!

I'm telling you guys....

fathertime is on China's payroll to spread their propaganda. At least, I posted pictures to prove there was hardly anyone out today.

Matter of fact, I ran an errand this afternoon in southbay and got this pic from my dashcam driving down on southbound 405. This freeway, even on Sundays, is usually jammed.

I just received an email this evening that our course, under the direction of the Ventura County, will be closed starting March 23rd to April 20th. Sad news...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:33:56 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1103 on: March 22, 2020, 07:27:19 PM »
The Eyes of Darkness was written in 1981 by Dean Koontz. Glimpse a page from it-----------

It's worth pointing out that in the original 1981 edition of "The Eyes of Darkness," this biological weapon was called "Gorki-400," in reference to a Russian locality. The name of the weapon was changed to "Wuhan-400" when the book was released again in 1989, according to the South China Morning Post.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1104 on: March 22, 2020, 07:29:18 PM »

so here are my model’s prediction for yesterday’s and today's actual total infected and my model's total infection counts

total number of covid infections in USA

Predicted
3-21-20            24,000
3-22-20            31,000

Actual
3-21-20            26,111      
3-22-20            32,783       

this model says that if we just do the same thing for just the next 5 days, we will have more total cases of infection than China....

I told ya’ll WE WERE gonna win the Covid pennant this year!!!!!

I think your prediction was way off.  He probably have way more infected than your projections.  Most people are probably not being tested.   Since there is limited testing supplies, the philosophy seems to be if it isn't going to change the treatment rendered then don't bother to test.  I can't say I disagree with doing it that way since we don't have the supplies to spare. 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1105 on: March 22, 2020, 07:33:05 PM »
I'm telling you guys....

fathertime is on China's payroll to spread their propaganda. At least, I posted pictures to prove there was hardly anyone out today.

I could snap a picture of desolate places too, but since I was mired in reality that isn't what I witnessed.  In addition it is still raining where I am in LA and has been for several hours now.  Much of America is not self isolating. 

Fathertime!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1106 on: March 22, 2020, 07:35:05 PM »
Wifey and I decided to take advantage of it and went bike riding.

Everything you say can be used against you in a court of law. I've also identified all the people in your photos and I will be making a citizens arrest on all who violate California's Shelter in Place Executive Order N 33-20

I watched people shaking hands several times. 

It's okay FT. We are all on the same team and we will have to deal with this virus over and over and over again until we get it right. Reality is the government's efforts isn't to eliminate the virus but to flatten the curve. After this outbreak, we will have reduced the number of infected in our population. It will take a month or so for virus will spread again to the levels we see today. So we'll have a month break before the next lock down. Unless we have a real plan to eliminate this virus from every single human it'll be deja vu all over again.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1107 on: March 22, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »
I could snap a picture of desolate places too, but since I was mired in reality that isn't what I witnessed.  In addition it is still raining where I am in LA and has been for several hours now.  Much of America is not self isolating. 

Fathertime!

I disagree. Santa Monica is hardly a 'desolate' place, LMAO! It started raining here at 4:40-5:00. The freeway shot was taken around 2:30 PM. FWIW.

*Much of America*, I can't honestly even begin to pretend I would know as I'm not either a European or Canadian with an axe to grind. But if propaganda is all that's required, then maybe I might've taken the same assumption as you.

The only question now is, how much are the Chinese paying you? :devil:

Americans Flattening the curve one day at a time!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 07:41:50 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1108 on: March 22, 2020, 07:44:03 PM »

It's okay FT. We are all on the same team and we will have to deal with this virus over and over and over again until we get it right. Reality is the government's efforts isn't to eliminate the virus but to flatten the curve. After this outbreak, we will have reduced the number of infected in our population. It will take a month or so for virus will spread again to the levels we see today. So we'll have a month break before the next lock down. Unless we have a real plan to eliminate this virus from every single human it'll be deja vu all over again.
We may indeed have to deal with the virus indefinably and that is going to be a damn shame.   We will soon find out if the 'social contract' here in California was enough....based on what I've seen I don't think so. 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1109 on: March 22, 2020, 07:54:49 PM »
I disagree. Santa Monica is hardly a 'desolate' place, LMAO! It started raining here at 4:40-5:00. The freeway shot was taken around 2:30 PM. FWIW.
Rain started earlier up near the mountains of LA where I'm at. 

The only question now is, how much are the Chinese paying you? :devil:

Americans Flattening the curve one day at a time!
So far I don't think we are flattening the curve to the extent we should be.  We shall see if the hospitals added capacity is enough.  It shouldn't be long before we find out if this virus is a bunch of hype or the real killer it has been in nations other than China. 

Fathertime! 

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1110 on: March 22, 2020, 08:17:32 PM »
It seems there is another connection and reason as to why Italy and Iran have been hit especially hard.

"In addition to the Chinese financial exploitation of both Italy and Iran, because they chose to align themselves with China, both have been hit hard by the Wuhan Virus. And their citizens are now paying the price."

What RIDICULOUS t'heory'... There are plenty of other  countries more tied to Chinese infrastructure projects with less problems with this outbreak.

China was WAY ahead to the other EU nations in nanking China flights.

Of course, it looks like this virus jumped into humans in China....but believing it was a deliberate act?....

« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 12:27:42 AM by msmob »

Offline jone

« Reply #1111 on: March 22, 2020, 08:26:17 PM »
Oh no we are not.   I've never had a busier day than today.  Had to shut down early because people were bumping into each other...practically on top of each other.  I wore a mask today for the first time, and got teased.  People thought I was ridiculous.  I'm not making this up.  I'd say 1 in 15 people came in with a mask on,  a couple people had gloves.  I was attempting to practice social isolation but it was very difficult.  I watched people shaking hands several times. 

I went to the supermarket after work, none of the cashiers were wearing masks, everybody is touching everything in the supermarket. They were out of the wipes for the shopping carts so nobody was washing hands or cleaning shopping cart handles.    We in the states are NOT even close to following the guidelines as a whole. 

If indeed this virus is as serious as some make it out to be, the nation needs martial law imposed asap.   I mean real isolation, not what this pretend we are isolating silliness.   

Fathertime!

I was in a super market two days ago.  While I practiced the 6 feet, some of the people around me did not.   I told a lady that I was not comfortable with her standing so close to me and she went off on me.  Then she went off on the whole store.   I could see the look of concern with the people at the checkout register.  One lady who was working a register apologized.   But the lady who went off was unapologetic.   She screamed that no one had the right to tell her to stand away from other people.   

As were driving away, she was still castigating people for her infringement of rights.   As if something were being taken away from her.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1112 on: March 22, 2020, 08:47:31 PM »
I think the wording was that Mitt was self quarantining.

I’m partly listening to the whole session but what was the part where they discussed about a woman who was tortured that prompted Trump to remarked, something to the effect, “she’s ok now, but they did everything to her without killing her!”

What was that about?

Offline Gator

« Reply #1113 on: March 22, 2020, 09:49:17 PM »

Which, then, obviously means that you cannot kill a virus. 

Viruses are easily destroyed.  Soap breaks apart their lipid shell allowing dissolution of their "genetic" material.  Close enough to killing them.  Takes 20 seconds. 

Instead, a virus is a small particle that invades a living cell, thereby altering it and, in that form, reproduces itself.

Correct; a virus can not replicate unless inside a host cell.  I am not sure about the replication - it is not binary fission as with bacteria. 

Offline Gator

« Reply #1114 on: March 22, 2020, 10:06:55 PM »
What RIDICULOUS t'heory'... There are plenty of other  countries more tied to Chinese infrastructure projects with less problems with this outbreak.

Such as Iran?

There is so much misinformation being shuttled about.  Liberals have problems with Trump, yet I would prefer the information from the White House COVID-19 Task Force.

To be candid I focus on information from those with the letters "DR" in front of their names.  I tune out opinion analysts.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #1115 on: March 22, 2020, 10:13:08 PM »
As an example of misinformation and scare tactics, check this:

LA TImes, March 20:

Los Angeles County health officials advised doctors to give up on testing patients in the hope of containing the coronavirus outbreak, instructing them to test patients only if a positive result could change how they would be treated.

That story led to this headline from yesterday in some  internet news source, as sent to me by a concerned friend. 

THE BATTLE FOR LOS ANGELES IS LOST… NO MORE TESTING FOR CORONAVIRUS, CONTAINMENT IMPOSSIBLE, 100,000+ MAY DIE   

Offline msmob

« Reply #1116 on: March 23, 2020, 01:06:32 AM »
Such as Iran?

I did not exclude Iran....I DID exclude Italy....

I do not have Dr in front of my name. Does 'Trampu'? ))

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1117 on: March 23, 2020, 02:46:46 AM »
This comports with what I witnessed yesterday.  No face masks for supermarket employees.  As the article suggests, they are being ordered not to wear them at the supermarkets I've visited.  They can go home unpaid or get to work stripped of the masks many would like to wear.  I'm going to ask the cashier or the guy stacking shelves if they are being told to not wear masks, as the piece suggests. 

‘All they care about is making money.’ Can my supermarket manager force me to remove my face mask at work?

I am in my 60s and I work for a well-known supermarket chain in North Carolina. My job requires me to be in the aisles at all time, answering customers’ questions and stocking shelves.

I decided to wear a face mask because I am unable to remain six feet away from other customers, as per the guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. My manager told me to take it off. He said the company was following the CDC guidelines, which stated that masks do not have any affect in protecting us against the coronavirus. He will not allow me to wear it.....

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/all-they-care-about-is-making-money-can-my-supermarket-manager-force-me-to-remove-my-face-mask-at-work-2020-03-23?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo 
Fathertime! 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1118 on: March 23, 2020, 02:58:53 AM »
I am.  I think Trench's need to "score" on the backs of moby's wife and Alzheimer's inflicted mother are reprehensible.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

Boe, Moobs mother can't recall any injustice on my part towards her so I don't know why you should ;D

Now I'm batting for SC here, our Moobs is acting anything less than a man and we're trying to make him shape up. The fact that apparently she did not want to live with Mobe & her MIL is not a good sign for him. We're trying to help save our Moobs relationship :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1119 on: March 23, 2020, 03:00:21 AM »
Marneuli, a city in Georgia is in lock down. A woman from there who may have had contact with about 80 people has the virus. A week and a half ago I traveled through that city on my way to Armenia to do a passport run to get another 360 days of residency. The borders were closed the next day. So far 54 people have contracted the virus but 8 have recovered. Not one death from it in the country. However 3 Georgians living in Spain have died.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1120 on: March 23, 2020, 03:02:02 AM »
This article and the LA times are commenting on the large crowds in public places on Sunday.  Garcetti, Newsom, LA TIMES, CNN, all a bunch of 'liberals' making it up probably!   I saw similar in my own world, so I'm concluding they are generally accurate. 

Crowds packed California beaches despite shelter in place order

Crowds descended on California beaches, hiking trails and parks over the weekend in open defiance of a state order to shelter in place and avoid close contact with others.

California Gov. Gavin Newsom issued a shelter in place order directing the state's nearly 40 million residents to stay home beginning March 20 to help stop the spread of coronavirus.....

.....In response to the crowds, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti announced on Twitter late Sunday that he was closing sports and recreation at all LA City Parks. He also tweeted that parking at city beaches was closed.
"This weekend we saw too many people packing beaches, trails and parks," the Mayor tweeted. He said people should heed the closures and stay home. "That doesn't mean gather elsewhere. This is serious. Stay home and save lives."...

http://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/us/california-stay-at-home-beach-goers/index.html 

Fathertime! 

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1121 on: March 23, 2020, 03:03:23 AM »
Boe, Moobs mother can't recall any injustice on my part towards her so I don't know why you should ;D

Now I'm batting for SC here, our Moobs is acting anything less than a man and we're trying to make him shape up. The fact that apparently she did not want to live with Mobe & her MIL is not a good sign for him. We're trying to help save our Moobs relationship :)

This is not the time to get back at anybody, deserved or undeserved.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1122 on: March 23, 2020, 03:10:52 AM »
I found an interesting chart on Reuters.  Lots of numbers. 

In the US

178 Recovered
421 Dead
33,623 Pending.   

There are a lot interesting stats in the article.   Even Trump's sought after Greenland has 4 cases of the virus. 

http://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-MAP/0100B59S39E/index.html 

Fathertime! 

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1123 on: March 23, 2020, 03:12:59 AM »

I do not have Dr in front of my name. Does 'Trampu'? ))
Nailed him! 

Fathertime! 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1124 on: March 23, 2020, 03:44:24 AM »
I found an interesting chart on Reuters.  Lots of numbers. 

In the US

178 Recovered
421 Dead
33,623 Pending.   

There are a lot interesting stats in the article.   Even Trump's sought after Greenland has 4 cases of the virus. 

http://graphics.reuters.com/CHINA-HEALTH-MAP/0100B59S39E/index.html 

Fathertime!

Blimey, that's two thirds dead so far of the serious cases. Still galls me the idiots parroting around the bs numbers at the start of this including the cases before outcome was known, the sheer idiocy of it.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541451
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1901
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1894
Total: 1902

+-Recent Posts

Re: Trippin in St Pete by krimster2
Today at 12:26:08 PM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 07:34:19 AM

Trippin in St Pete by 2tallbill
Today at 06:20:16 AM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:03:56 AM

Re: Trippin in St Pete by Trenchcoat
Today at 01:01:18 AM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM