It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Latest info re immigration from Trump  (Read 116134 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Latest info re immigration from Trump
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2017, 02:21:58 AM »
It might be a joke for you, but for many of us this has gone too far.

I'm sure the Native American Indians felt the same about your fore-fathers..

Enough is enough.

Whilst I am truly sorry to read of any loss of life - blanket bans on folks from other nations is just plain daft...

Your nation is made up of success stories of migrants who made good - incl a lad born of Syrian parentage.. Steve Jobs...

Don't lose perspective / reason

Offline mhr7

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2017, 02:49:16 AM »
LMAO! With the mess created the past 8 years by that community organizer, indeed, Trump's got a lot to do to clean up his mess.

You do realize that Obama signed fewer executive orders per term than any president since Grover Cleveland, right? And when he did The GOP labeled him as a god and king.
Outright banning 134 million people from entering the US is reckless and clueless and yes, the way he went about it was a total clusterf**k. He used Obama's list? No, it's his list now.

Exactly how many fatal terrorist attacks have their been in the US by people from the countries on Trump's list?

None.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:13:00 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2017, 05:00:43 AM »
In my opinion this list and the way it is being executed has gone way too far already.  I've considered that Trump may have wanted to make a splash in his first week, and this is just his way of letting the nation/world know that he is 'crazy', but I don't know if it will have the desired effect. 

One of my immediate feelings was were other nations just going to lie down and take their citizens being treated so shabbily.  We will see in the days to come, but there is already rumblings about US citizens being barred from certain countries.  Although our citizens/tourists have a lot of money to throw around, it may become an issue of pride and we could be barred from travel based on that.  What if certain 3rd party countries decided our nation may have 'spies' coming into their countries, thereby banning travel from all US passport holders.  Just theory of course, but a few steps ahead, I can see how it may reach that point if the current course accelerates.  Depending on how this all shakes out, we (US citizens) could find ourselves restricted in our travels as one of the consequences.

Overall, I didn't see this as necessary, unless it is a part of some brilliant effort behind the scenes to negotiate something that the public isn't aware of.  If there was some heavier vetting, and an stepped up effort to remove already proven violent criminals, I'd would have made that first priority and stood behind it. What Trump is doing now, may harm his ability to do what needs to be done later. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline msmob

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2017, 06:27:25 AM »

One of my immediate feelings was were other nations just going to lie down and take their citizens being treated so shabbily.  We will see in the days to come, but there is already rumblings about US citizens being barred from certain countries. 

Funnily enough, the issue is the misinfo  coming from the US authorities ..  the UK were told - Yesterday -  that - like Canada - holders of UK passports with dual nationality of the banned nations would  NOT be refused entry.. But guess what - they are ..

I don't think the UK would dare ban US citizens because their President is a loon - 'we' really need your business :)))

mhr7 raises a VERY valid point ... Can anyone from t'other side of the pond work out 'Tramp's' thought process ?

« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 06:29:25 AM by msmob »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2017, 06:56:29 AM »
We need to have a much stronger/stricter screening process other than a box needing to be checked off when it asks: 'Are you a terrorist?' Do you wish to do harm against the United States?'

I'm all for a better vetting process for certain countries. Some local police reports can be bought and it may not be adequate proof. If our own intelligence agencies need to get involved in background checks, the cost of the visas are going to skyrocket and tourist dollars will not flow in. Probably why Obama and Trump left some nations off their list. Some Muslim nations are allies and are left off the list. So what's left is 7 countries that can export danger while giving others a pass. Are we all in 100% to keep America safe or by targeting a few countries is done by Trump and Obama to give the impression they're doing something but not willing to do everything?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2017, 06:57:03 AM »
You do realize that Obama signed fewer executive orders per term than any president since Grover Cleveland, right? And when he did The GOP labeled him as a god and king.

Wrong thread.

Outright banning 134 million people from entering the US is reckless and clueless and yes, the way he went about it was a total clusterf**k. He used Obama's list? No, it's his list now.

I could easily say 'sure, but there's another 7 billion he didn't'. Clusterf@ck? HHhhmm, I suppose he could've just handled this in a more acceptable manner. Like 'drone' citizens on these nations.

But listen, you can just read my post up thread, or, read the EO itself. If you're a natural born citizen, you folks need to get married as to how to navigate our government portal for important events and development. I use to hold free classes on this but last Friday I decided to issue a 'ban'.

Exactly how many fatal terrorist attacks have their been in the US by people from the countries on Trump's list? None.

Sheeesh! See what I mean about being 'clueless'? Without even trying I could give you the Ohio terror attack. Then the 9 Somali arrested in Minnesota.

Fine. Maybe you were too busy over the weekend hanging out and screaming in an airport. I understand.

Gotta go skiing!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2017, 07:04:56 AM »
I'm all for a better vetting process for certain countries. Some local police reports can be bought and it may not be adequate proof. If our own intelligence agencies need to get involved in background checks, the cost of the visas are going to skyrocket and tourist dollars will not flow in. Probably why Obama and Trump left some nations off their list. Some Muslim nations are allies and are left off the list. So what's left is 7 countries that can export danger while giving others a pass. Are we all in 100% to keep America safe or by targeting a few countries is done by Trump and Obama to give the impression they're doing something but not willing to do everything?

This executive order was one of the core issues Trump campaigned and got elected for. If anything, it's a scaled down version. So the crybabies you see on TV (surprise! It's news), are the very same crybabies you watched early morning of November 9th. But I agree with what you said up thread. These lawsuits will cost us even more millions. With the $21 trillion dollar debt your Obama carelessly left all of us, we can sure use a little fiscal responsibility these days. So please tell those numbnut Democrats to quit playing games with our money.

But I'm glad you agree we need to have a stricter method to vet folks from hot zones. I'm also elated to see you at least seem to understand the EO is not banning the entire population of the 7 nations permanently. It's a process...for 90-120 days.

AFAIK, they ought to classify Madonna a terrorist for 'planning' and announcing to bomb the white house, no?

Lastly, there's a sane rationale that when you see a roach in the living room, you don't fumigate the bathroom, you fumigate the living room.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:20:54 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2017, 07:08:04 AM »
I happened to catch a couple minutes with Marc Faber this morning.  I sometimes listen to him strictly for entertainment purposes.  He brought up a good point regarding citizens of these 7 countries that may have property or business in the USA, and now wouldn't  have timely access to that business/property.  This may be small potatoes for the moment, I'm guessing we (US citizens) also have business/property in these 7 nations.  The nations don't have many things they can do to us probably, but one thing they could do is give our citizens a hard time with their business/property, and that would be harmful to our nation as a whole.

In addition, tourism is a big industry for our nation, what types of implications does the recent actions of Trump have on that business, both directly and indirectly?  It seems the stock market this morning isn't delighted with the action either, and things have been going so well. Finances are often the bottom line, so maybe a fierce slap early on would serve the presidency well in the longer run. 

Why rock the boat unnecessarily?  With Obama it was steady as she goes, with Trump it may be 4 years of searching for storms, and rogue waves to thrust our ship into!  Aside from campaign pledges, was/is it necessary?

Fathertime! 

Offline mhr7

« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2017, 07:12:22 AM »

Sheeesh! See what I mean about being 'clueless'? Without even trying I could give you the Ohio terror attack. Then the 9 Somali arrested in Minnesota.

Fine. Maybe you were too busy over the weekend hanging out and screaming in an airport. I understand.

Clueless would be missing the "fatal" in my sentence and there weren't any protests at airports here in Russia or did you miss that as well?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 07:14:16 AM by mhr7 »

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2017, 07:14:36 AM »
FT-

Get a grip. Start thinking for just a while instead of sitting in front of the tube, soaking whatever they spew out there..

The executive order is temporary and have a very limited shell life in terms of application. Until this administration is able to do what it needs to do and make sure folks like you get to watch CNN as much as you do.

Contrary to liberal trash news, the world isn't ending tomorrow because of the EO.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #60 on: January 30, 2017, 07:18:28 AM »
Clueless would be missing the "fatal" in my sentence and there weren't any protests at airports here in Russia or did you miss that as well?

OIC! You'd like to first see dead people before you feel an urgency. So now I understand your antics much better!

As for you being in Russia, be careful now - the silly airport crowds may not like the fact you're visiting a nation that hacked our election causing Hillary to lose...

I'll keep a secret for you.

Offline mhr7

« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2017, 07:27:40 AM »
OIC! You'd like to first see dead people before you feel an urgency. So now I understand your antics much better!

No, I would like to see more evidence for banning whole nations from entering the US other than a few rare instances of violence caused by a very small handful of people.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #62 on: January 30, 2017, 07:28:03 AM »
FT-

Get a grip. Start thinking for just a while instead of sitting in front of the tube, soaking whatever they spew out there..

The executive order is temporary and have a very limited shell life in terms of application. Until this administration is able to do what it needs to do and make sure folks like you get to watch CNN as much as you do.

Contrary to liberal trash news, the world isn't ending tomorrow because of the EO.

I already have a grip, and am bringing up points I find relevant.  Instead of defending anything Trump does, and criticizing all criticisms, look at the potential ramifications considering that Trump almost always doubles down rather than cutting losses.   

Overall I don't find the necessity for the path he appears to be going down.  Keeping him in check as much as possible seems reasonable to me.   People bringing up points about him leaving  Saudi Arabia, are correct though.  Of all nations, why would he leave that one off of the list, when more terrorists appear to come from there than any other?  It makes the list appear like something other than what he proclaiming it is.  I hope you are right, and this is just a temporary ban, and a hiccup in the early days of his presidency.  Don't worry, I don't think the world is ending, but that doesn't mean this particular decision is very good. 

Fathertime! 

Offline pitbull

« Reply #63 on: January 30, 2017, 08:13:01 AM »
I pray the stupid orangutan does not start a major war before he is impeached (can't wait for this to happen - just a matter of time). All the other stonewall stupid stuff he is doing can be easily undone when he is gone.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline pitbull

« Reply #64 on: January 30, 2017, 08:17:55 AM »
It might be a joke for you, but for many of us this has gone too far.

My buddies gf was raped by a Haitian refugee here in Miami. They have brought nothing but fraud and crime to our shores.

My wife was almost raped by an illegal Jamaican refugee. Luckily I was walking my 90 pound dog down the street.

My buddy in Texas was just killed by a an illegal Mexican last week. He had a violent past and was still here. He was a SWAT officer and the elementary school resource officer in his town. He just had a 2 month old baby. He was the longest serving office on the force.

http://starlocalmedia.com/lakecitiessun/news/lake-cities-show-support-for-little-elm-det-jerry-walker/article_93b5ba3e-e4fa-11e6-8335-339119af84f8.html

Enough is enough.

Not a joke at all! No one from the 7 countries the orangutan banned committed an act of terror in the US. The Tsarnaev brothers terrorized the whole city of Boston. Russia should definitely be on the list.

"illegal Jamaican refugee" - is a misnomer.
Be the person that your dog thinks you are

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #65 on: January 30, 2017, 08:21:38 AM »
"If true Americans had rejected all immigrants,
their President's name today would be Sitting Bull".

:D
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline alex330

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2017, 08:58:53 AM »

Just like Europe and the rest of the World there were many groups here in the US before the warrior Sioux conquered lands.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2017, 09:47:25 AM »

I bet they wish they had a wall.   :P

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2017, 09:53:27 AM »
This executive order was one of the core issues Trump campaigned and got elected for. If anything, it's a scaled down version. So the crybabies you see on TV (surprise! It's news), are the very same crybabies you watched early morning of November 9th. But I agree with what you said up thread. These lawsuits will cost us even more millions. With the $21 trillion dollar debt your Obama carelessly left all of us, we can sure use a little fiscal responsibility these days. So please tell those numbnut Democrats to quit playing games with our money.

But I'm glad you agree we need to have a stricter method to vet folks from hot zones. I'm also elated to see you at least seem to understand the EO is not banning the entire population of the 7 nations permanently. It's a process...for 90-120 days.

Yep, he campaigned on this so it's interesting to see the surprise. 

He dropped the ball on making sure people with existing visa's weren't affected.  That is unfortunate and hopefully will be corrected.  Hopefully they can figure out this "vetting" thing and return to business as usual.  I don't consider a temporary hold as the end of the world.

We have enough problems here without importing more. 

Ole Schumer was pretty choked up, though.  haha
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 09:56:33 AM by LiveFromUkraine »

Offline alex330

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2017, 10:14:21 AM »
Hopefully they can figure out this "vetting" thing and return to business as usual.  I don't consider a temporary hold as the end of the world.

That's it. It's just temporary and better vetting for immigrants and everyone has their panties in a knot.

Offline Brasscasing

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2017, 10:19:07 AM »
I pray the stupid orangutan does not start a major war before he is impeached (can't wait for this to happen - just a matter of time). All the other stonewall stupid stuff he is doing can be easily undone when he is gone.

:ROFL:

Don't hold your breath. This latest faux crisis is a tempest in a teacup created by the left wing and liberal media 'monkeys'...This too shall pass.

I literally laughed out loud at Schumer's play acting and pathos for the cameras. What a drama queen!  :rolleyes:

As an aside, McCain and Graham need to cross the aisle and declare their true allegiance to Pelosi and the Democrats. Their constant whinging is becoming tedious.

Brass

...Build the wall. Even Heaven has a gate...

"Because without America there is no free world" ~ Canada Free Press

Offline ML

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2017, 11:22:23 AM »

Not a joke at all! No one from the 7 countries the orangutan banned committed an act of terror in the US. The Tsarnaev brothers terrorized the whole city of Boston. Russia should definitely be on the list.

"illegal Jamaican refugee" - is a misnomer.

It isn't just terrorism we should be worried about.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2709224/two-afghan-migrants-revealed-as-those-arrested-over-horrific-three-hour-rape-streamed-on-facebook-live-in-sweden/

I imagine the victim and her family feel better when they hear the majority of immigrants are good people.

Offline LiveFromUkraine

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2017, 11:27:13 AM »
Starbucks plan on hiring 10,000 refugees in defiance of Trump.  Plenty of people didn't miss the not hiring Americans part of that defiance.  haha

http://www.businessinsider.com/starbucks-boycott-after-ceos-refugee-support-2017-1

Offline alex330

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2017, 12:11:58 PM »
It isn't just terrorism we should be worried about.

I imagine the victim and her family feel better when they hear the majority of immigrants are good people.

Exactly. Try to explain to my wife the Jamaican is an illegal immigrant versus a refugee. Or tell my buddies little girl her daddy is no longer around because we failed to vet or staunch the flow of undesirables into our country.

The liberals don't get it. The wealthy Hollywood actors don't get it. The tech billionaires don't get it. It does not affect them. It affects the common American.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701