It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Whats the deal with these Kharkiv Interpretors?  (Read 5086 times)

Offline Ravens9273

• I know everything! The wife gives me the answers.
Whats the deal with these Kharkiv Interpretors?
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Seems we have alot of Interpretors from Kharkiv coming here. While all help is welcome I find it odd with the games that also come with these Interpretors from Kharkiv.

It is also interesting how people out of the blue show up here as well to praise them once they get a bad review or show up here for the first time.

I remember when CCowboy posted bad review on Mila. Right after CCowboy did so another person also posted bad review.
At the time I did go against CCowboy and to be honest I apologize to him for doing so. The aftermath of the bad review showed me what the real truth was. We received many new people afterwords who's first posts were nothing but praise for Mila while missing all details of their trips.
Most of these time these people who praise make a few posts then once again leave.

Now we have another interpretor from Kharkiv show up yesturday. Right away another person who has 30 something posts in over 2 years right away praises her moments after her posts. This person is also following the pattern listed above.
Yet at the same time this interpretors website is now down when comments were made to fake testimonials.
This alone kills credability to me of the person who sang their praises.
Taking a website down and running does not seem like a legit operation. There for would not the praise be fake as well?

To be quite honest I am not buying any of these PRAISES. They are all set up by the original OP (Interpretor).
It is interesting how members who barely visit the forum just seem to show up at the right time to give praise on someone when it is needed most.

At this point I would not hire any of them.
These methods are not a very professional way to conduct business nor something to build ones confidence to trust an expensive trip in the hands of these people.

If CCowboy ever reads this post please accept my apologies. After seeing the nonsense from these translators I believe you had every right now to post the TR you did and feel you have every right to feel your trip was not handled properly. I see now it is nothing more then a childish game to these people.

Offline kievstar

Re: Whats the deal with these Kharkiv Interpretors?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »
There are hundreds of interpreters in Kharkov.  I had several at my wedding but they do not do the dating interpreting.  Kharkov is the largest university system in Ukraine and you have many people who have graduated with an advanced degree in English and need work.   Many of the graduates go back to home or to Kiev.  But enough stay in Kharkov. 

Regarding CC and Mila I stood up for Mila only because I used her before for renting apartments and transport from Kiev to Kharkov via car.  I also read the history of CC on what he posted over the years.  CC seems to have problems everywhere and really does not understand the Ukraine way of business.

Another thing about Kharkov is the universities turn over women every year and is re populated with new ones.  Also, the women in the East Ukraine are better looking on average than West Ukraine which creates a big market for interpreters. Men who struggle to find a good looking and sincere wife in Kharkov are of low quality and /or stupid. 

Offline docetae

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:41:15 PM »
This is called the slava effect...
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes Oscar Wilde

Offline kievstar

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 03:25:10 PM »
The guy "Dazzler" if you read through his 30 posts in past 2 years has said good things about 3 Kharkov interpreters:  Slava (on July 25, 2008), Mila (June 4, 2009), and Yulianni (August 14th).  I wonder why he does not use some guy names Slava (who I do not know) anymore or maybe Slava is retired.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:27:35 PM by kievstar »

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 07:29:25 PM »
Men who struggle to find a good looking and sincere wife in Kharkov are of low quality and /or stupid. 

Geez Kievstar. Thats a bit brutal isn't it?  :o

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 07:51:06 PM »
Men who struggle to find a good looking and sincere wife in Kharkov are of low quality and /or stupid.  

Brutally honest observation K-Star.

How many old geezer's chasing 20 or 30 something year old FSU women, have come on RWD crying "sour" grapes and blaming everybody under the sun for their failures?

To many I say!

GOB

Yeah, Yeah.....I know.........But I LOOK younger.  :rolleyes2:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 07:57:47 PM by GoodOlBoy »
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 06:04:49 AM »
This is called the slava effect...
Or the Punch & Judy act ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 07:28:07 AM »

It is also interesting how people out of the blue show up here as well to praise them once they get a bad review or show up here for the first time.

Yes, it seems quite strange to me too.

Offline CallMeSasha

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 07:42:08 AM »
Yes, it seems quite strange to me too.

neither strange nor interesting, they're just spammers! (sorry if i'm stating the bleedin' obvious!)

Offline dazzler

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 05:16:06 PM »
The guy "Dazzler" if you read through his 30 posts in past 2 years has said good things about 3 Kharkov interpreters:  Slava (on July 25, 2008), Mila (June 4, 2009), and Yulianni (August 14th).  I wonder why he does not use some guy names Slava (who I do not know) anymore or maybe Slava is retired.

The guy "Dazzler".  Ermm that would be me.  Right.  Lets get a few things straight shall we.  I have indeed said either neutral or good comments abolut all 3 interpretors because I had good experiences with ALL 3 of them :cluebat:  That would be the reason for that.  Look, 1st time I used Slava I was very happy with him.  2nd time I was very happy with him (though there were some rumours of ill practice).  3rd time I was also happy, but then saw certain practices which I didn't like.  Another RWD member had already mentioned Mila to me from my 1st ever visit to Kharkov and I was always aware of her though at the time was happy with Slava.  However, when I became dissatisfied with Slava's practices, I contacted Mila and from meeting her and having her interpret from me, was very satisfied indeed.  So.... go figure.... I am using Mila again and she is doing a sterling job.  I have only met 1 girl out of the 55+ girls that I really like, but that's not Mila's fault and I am not going to start slating her just because of that.  It's not her fault.  She can't control who rings my advert and who actually shows up!!!  As long as I see her doing the best she can, then I am happy with her. 

As for Yulianna.  I met her last year and we became close friends to this day.  On the current trip I have used Mila's serv ices, but I also met some girls through Yulianna and yes she did do a really good job!  I was speaking with Yulianna earlier.  The testomonials are not fake.  1 of them is my testomonial and I am pretty sure I am real.  She made a really silly mistake and changed the original testimonials' wording  (except my one for some reason) !!  She did give me an explanation as to why she did this, but I really didn't understand her reasons.  When she understood how silly and 'fake' they looked, I advised her to take the website down ASAP!  So, its because of me that her website is down.  Honestly, people don't half make rash judgements on this board. 

So. Lets just recap.  I have used 3 interpretors and they have all been good which is why I praised them :cluebat:  OK, so I wasn't so happy with Slava in the end so I didn't say anything!!!!  I am a gentleman and don't like to diss people in general.  For this reason, I will not go overboard with praising Mila.  But she has done a fine job and I have no complaints.  I say the same about Yulianna too, though she needs a little bit of help with her marketing skills.
I have found in life that everybody is correct in what they say.  The problem is that they are only partially correct.

Offline kievstar

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 07:31:39 PM »
Dazzler, I see you do not understand English - you should read the entire post and see that Ravens and Anastasia have the issues about the Kharkov interpreters.  Was not me.

Read all of my posts in this thread and stick you clue bat up yours. 

Offline Tamara

• Commercial Member
  • Online Russian Teacher and Translator
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 08:59:57 PM »
It is great to see Dazzler posting here in the discussion and expressing his point of view. 
Having worked with a number of clients both on corporate and personal level, I witnessed many misunderstandings as well as good and not so good service. What satisfies one client, might be of low standard to another client.  It is all about learning client's goals and expectations to really achieve the result he expects.  I believe it was the issue with CCowboy.  It seemed like Mila's services did not meet his expectations.
Regarding online references and posts, I have to agree with Ravens9273, that it is really suspicious to see people out of blue praising the service providers.  :wallbash: However, it's not for me to judge whether they are fake or not. ???
http://www.PrimeLanguageServices.com
Live Online Russian Lessons and Certified Translations</b>

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 10:14:21 PM »
It is all about learning client's goals and expectations to really achieve the result he expects.  I believe it was the issue with CCowboy.  It seemed like Mila's services did not meet his expectations.

Agreed. A business relationship is not much different from any other in that effective communication of wants/needs/expectations is key - before and during, perhaps even after as well.  If someone sees early on that result is differing from expectation, then that client needs to get on top of the situation and articulate exactly what he expects and make appropriate suggestions as to how to meet those.  Change it, deal with it, or move on - but take the reins and plot a course to handle it at the first sign of a 'problem'.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Muddy

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 11:37:21 AM »
A ukrainian girl who lived in Kiev told me one time "Kharkov is a big village"
She lived in Kiev, I traveled to Kharkov once and that was enough, she was right.

Offline XMan

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 03:22:21 PM »
<To be quite honest I am not buying any of these PRAISES. They are all set up by the original OP (Interpretor).
It is interesting how members who barely visit the forum just seem to show up at the right time to give praise on someone when it is needed most.

At this point I would not hire any of them.
These methods are not a very professional way to conduct business nor something to build ones confidence to trust an expensive trip in the hands of these people.>

Actually, my post was intended to try to be helpful (I posted an interpreter earlier in Kharkov).  I consider the person I worked with to be of high quality.  She didn't know this board existed until I told her. She didn't ask me to post here, and I'm not asking anyone to use her services.  I'm saying she was friendly, helpful, did a good job, and wasn't associated with an agency, which made her more valuable IMO.  I also made a few nice friends that I met through her.

I've made 6 trips to the FSU, but am relatively new here. 
Is there a magic number of posts that must be made before someone is allowed to make a recommendation? 
50? 100? 500? 1,000?
With the attitude of some folks here, I wonder that anyone "new" sticks around long enough to contribute or to learn anything. 

Offline AnastassiaAsh

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 03:39:05 PM »
I think it doesn't matter how many posts you had to share the information about any interpreter who you liked. The important thing is the quality of that translator/interpreter's work - education, experience, work ethics. Some just don't qualify at all but still attract clients who are fine with paying $3 per page. If you advertise his/her services on this website and they turn out to be great for other members too - then good for you and that interpreter. If it all proves bad - then we start seeing such threads as this one.

Offline XMan

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
"If it all proves bad - then we start seeing such threads as this one."

But it was never proven bad. 
At least my post wasn't, which was in a different thread altogether. 
Instead people jump to conclusions.  I find that surprising.  Maybe I shouldn't.

My point is that in my case I was trying to be helpful.  I think that is far less likely to happen when this is the reaction.
I stick by what I said previously, because I'm right. 

Offline GregfromGa

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 07:09:40 PM »
All I know about any of this is this. There are 2 beautiful interpreters that has replied in this thread. That's all I know.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1967
Total: 1976

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM