It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Apartment in Kyiv  (Read 34713 times)

Offline Franco Rey

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Apartment in Kyiv
« on: March 31, 2019, 05:37:45 AM »
Hello... I'm new to the forum. I found this site by Google search. I'm very attracted to Ukrainian women since I met some in Vancouver (but they are married).. I have a membership in Amazon online, so I already read a couple good books on dating Slavic girls in their turf.

I have a membership in ukrainedate.com... There are a lot of scammers there, but also some real girls who want the real thing. I want to gather a list of some five good prospects and then go visit.

As I already found one such good prospect, I'll be taking a vacation in August, and will make the trip to Kiev and stay for three weeks. I already made up my mind about renting an apartment (not a hotel room)... My question for you guys is: Can anybody here guide me as to how to find a good, not expensive apartment in downtown Kiev? I want to do things on my own, don't want to deal with any agencies if I can avoid them.

Thanks a lot for any help.
It's the end of the world as we know it... so let's have fun.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2019, 05:45:29 AM »
Welcome

You are going to get a spectrum of advice

If this is your first visit and you do not know Russian / Ukrainian you either need to visit one lady - who will meet  you and be your 'shield' or pay for some hand-holding  - esp. if you insist on renting an apartment

Those who have done at least one trip will feel more confident and THAT is the time you might try to go it alone

I am a WM VO  strategy guy .. but others prefer VM ...   

BTW .. I'd suggest learning to write Kyiv - as Kiev is the Russian form of 'translation' ....   

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 05:58:09 AM »
Welcome

You are going to get a spectrum of advice

If this is your first visit and you do not know Russian / Ukrainian you either need to visit one lady - who will meet  you and be your 'shield' or pay for some hand-holding  - esp. if you insist on renting an apartment

Those who have done at least one trip will feel more confident and THAT is the time you might try to go it alone

I am a WM VO  strategy guy .. but others prefer VM ...   

BTW .. I'd suggest learning to write Kyiv - as Kiev is the Russian form of 'translation' ....   

Thanks. Be my shield? How so? Pay for some hand-holding?
And I have no idea what you mean by this:
"I am a WM VO  strategy guy .. but others prefer VM ... "

I guess there's some internal lingo here that I am not aware of, so please clarify.
And I don't know anybody in Ukraine, and I've never been there.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 06:10:57 AM by Franco Rey »

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2019, 06:33:57 AM »
I guess there's some internal lingo here that I am not aware of, so please clarify.
Check out the http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/mwiki/index.php/RWD_Glossary for that ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2019, 06:41:24 AM »
Check out the http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/mwiki/index.php/RWD_Glossary for that ;).

Thanks. I see  :D
I guess I'm a WMVM. Unless the sole prospect appears to be extraordinarily good over time, I'd rather visit many girls. A numbers game, more than all the eggs in one basket.

But I still have no idea how to rent an apartment in Kiev.. ehr Kyiv. ::)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2019, 06:42:16 AM »
By hand holding moby is referring to having your lady friend help you arrange your apartment and help you with grocery shopping, transportation and such.  Or hire a local interpreter (independant - not through a dating agency) to help you with these things.

I would recommend Airbnb for your first apartment. 

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 06:44:13 AM »
By hand holding moby is referring to having your lady friend help you arrange your apartment and help you with grocery shopping, transportation and such.  Or hire a local interpreter (independant - not through a dating agency) to help you with these things.

I would recommend Airbnb for your first apartment. 

Ok thank you  8)

Offline lyndontom

• Trips: 4 - 10
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2019, 06:45:43 AM »
Airbnb. There are plenty of good apartments and respected hosts around Maidan and Kreschatyk. How much it costs depends on your budget and the exact location/quality of finish on the apartment. If I am visiting for a few days, I am happy to pay more per day than for a longer stay. The pricier ones will have amenities like jacuzzi's and sauna's.

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2019, 06:48:41 AM »
Airbnb. There are plenty of good apartments and respected hosts around Maidan and Kreschatyk. How much it costs depends on your budget and the exact location/quality of finish on the apartment. If I am visiting for a few days, I am happy to pay more per day than for a longer stay. The pricier ones will have amenities like jacuzzi's and sauna's.

Nice... Thanks! I don't mind a jacuzzi. I'll be there for three weeks.

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2019, 06:55:58 AM »
Thanks. I see  :D
I guess I'm a WMVM. Unless the sole prospect appears to be extraordinarily good over time, I'd rather visit many girls. A numbers game, more than all the eggs in one basket.

But I still have no idea how to rent an apartment in Kiev.. ehr Kyiv. ::)

I am glad others have clarified the acronyms !

Bear in mind you've not dome this before and if you THINK you are a VM guy - you'll probably learn that you'll attract the wrong gal and miss the keepers - MY opinion

My 'hand holding' is indeed THE woman on a VO or if you really want to try VM .. a 'translator / guide' who is batting for your side ... NOT an agency one - who will suggest trips with their translator .. and empty your wallet - possibly with a lady who shares the cut ..

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2019, 09:29:43 AM »
The problem you can encounter with RB and some other is that they will propose you to dismiss your booking to cut off the site. If you refuse they will find a pretext to not give you the flat. But on an other hand if you agree the classical trick is to give you any other appartment, far from where or what you want because the one you have "booked" has already gone for a long time.
Be careful when you find a flat through ad because there are a lot of go between and they just get a fee but they are not the owner and go to some local rental agencies.

Probably the best is to deal with an agency who has an adress, a name, a site, an potentially someone who speak enough english. Arrange with them to pick you at the airport WITH THE KEYS delivered to you asap. And to drop you at the airport at the end. Purchase the whole package, you are probably going to pay an advance because they don't want taxes don't rip them off and ANTICIPATE to pay the rental in CASH.
The price should be negociated if it's for three weeks because the have price for one day, three, or seven. In your case you can negociated.
If something is wrong with the appartment. Someone will ask you the total sum in cash the very first day so you should  pay only the night (or if you have pay three as deposit don't give more money) and tell that's not the flat you have booked. Don't worry the owner or whatever will call you very quickly or find a solution.

Never, never make some arrangement with a local girl for your appartment and for the terp. NEVER. Find a terp by yourself, there some good, explain her exactly what you are going to do and what you expect. Choose a man or an old lady, not a model, that will fuck your dating very likely.

It's bad that you have already a good propect because you are probably not going to fly before two months, and this one will naturally waiting you to make a VO. So the best strategy is three weeks before to send a bio, have some exchanges, and tell them that you will come. Of course they will not believe you, but the first hours you are in Ukraine you start to call your top ladies and find an appointment. You could loose one or two because some would realize that you are doing a VM but generally you will be fine. I met dozens and dozens and they never flaked me.

Keep all time your passport with you and all your credit cards and money. Even if you go five minutes to the grocery.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2019, 10:31:34 AM »
I did a sabbatical in Kyiv for 6 months, many seasons ago...
I was “hunting” the girls at Taras Shevchenko Univ
Khreshchatyk is THE “elitny” location, it’s centrally located to pretty much everything
I’d really recommend getting an apartment in this area,
well lit, which is an important night time consideration, you’ll see why when you get there
totally recommend pick-ups at the university or nearby places
easy to pick up girls there, and they are super fine looking
plus outside the univ is Shevchenko park, also a 5 star pickup spot, my favorite actually...

learn some russki slovos
the devs find it charming when you throw a few Russian words into your conversation
say “choot choot” instead of “little bit" for example or horrosho instead of OK

some considerations:

food: overall a positive, ask where the local “gastronome” is located
transportation: easy, taxis are cheap, you can hire a local driver all day for $100
from Khreshchatyk you can walk EVERYWHERE

boredom fighting
depends on your interests, I’ve been to EVERYTHING in Kyiv, more than enough to fill your 3 weeks, would recommend Besarabsky Market early on, you’ll see why when you get there
Andriyivski Uzviz is an interesting hunting ground as well, too many cultural, historic places to list

I had my own unique pickup style in Ukraine, which was incredibly successful
I am an amateur artist, so I’d set up my palette and easel in either a market (where a good 80% of the foot traffic is women) or a park and I’d begin to paint
all the while I’m watching the passing crowd of pedestrians out of the corners of my eye
many of the women passing by me would alter their trajectory so they could view my work
I would intently ignore them
a few would linger to more closely observe, if they came to within a meter or so of me and IF they were super fine looking THEN I would make eye contact and smile...
even on a slow day in Shevchenko Park, it’d only take an hour to get a date with a super model/college student using this approach...

Offline jone

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 10:38:15 AM »
Can't imagine going from Canada to Ukraine in the last part of March.   If you wait five weeks, you wind up with all of the right women parts on display.   But, I guess, being from Canada, you have to imagine those parts, anyway - at least for nine months out of the year.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline lyndontom

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 11:03:14 AM »
Can't imagine going from Canada to Ukraine in the last part of March.   If you wait five weeks, you wind up with all of the right women parts on display.   But, I guess, being from Canada, you have to imagine those parts, anyway - at least for nine months out of the year.

Pretty sure he said he was going in August, Jone.

Offline Maxx2

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 11:29:24 AM »
Welcome to the board.

I am an expat American living in the Republic of Georgia. Last Thursday I arrived to Kyiv at Boryspol airport. Right now I am staying at a Airbnb apartment. 7 nights for $161. I recommend you get an apartment near the city center. By Maydan Square (However it is spelled) or within several kilometers of it. Screen capture the map and put it on your laptop or device. It is useful for showing where you want to go to the taxi drivers.

I suggest you bring some USDs for exchange into UAH. You'll need it for the taxi. I was just through the airport so I can tell you the airport exchange rate. It is 22.1 to the USD. This is an outrageous rate of exchange. Around a 20% charge. Normal is 27.1 to the USD. I suggest bring 2 - $50 bills and exchange one at the airport. The taxi from Boryspil airport to Maydan is about 750 UAH (less than $30). Go to the taxi help desk by the exit. They will set you up with a ticket you can give to a taxi driver waiting out front. This ticket will have the address and the cost to get you there. I am south of Maydan about 10 kilometers. It cost me 580 UAH to get here.

I have a phone with dual sims. One is Geocell for Georgia. The other is KievStar. These are the recommended providers for those 2 countries. Get your phone set up before you leave the airport. You never want to be unable to make a call. I've learned that the hard way! (Moby could elaborate)

Be extra nice to your Airbnb host. Leave the place clean and leave some extra supplies  behind. Find nice things to say in your Airbnb review about your host and his or her apartment. The reason? Because you might decide to rent from them again and make private (cash) arraignments for an extended stay. As example I rent an Airbnb in the Georgian resort city Batumi on the Black Sea. My apartment I rent now usually goes for $70 a night during the tourist season, May 1 to October 31. I rent it at $350 a month in the off season. My next apartment starting in May, I rented it at $25 a night back in August. That would be $750 a month. I have made arraignments with the Georgian family that owns it to rent it to me for $350. Both of these hosts see me as a desirable tenet. They like me! And I like them! Also steady monthly income from a full rental is desired as a lot of these places don't get full occupancy, so there is that. 

Take it from me Moby knows what he is talking about. These women know when a man is doing a VM. In my experience from last year most of the best ones will not want to meet with you, period. A VM guy is suspicioned to be a sex tourist, or a type of one. What to do? The better odds are to choose one woman that is not too far out of your league or age range. My lady (I hope she is my lady) is 15 years younger than I. IMO a perfect "10" (I hate the rating system). I am (I think anyways) about a 7. When I finish losing weight and buff up at the gym (called here a sportsal) I might even get to an 8  :D  Or I look awful, just above that of an ape.

In the Starting Out section I have a thread about expat life in Georgia you might find interesting. Georgia would one hell of nice place to take a UW on a trip. Most have never been to this interesting and beautiful country. Ask Moby and he can tell you how low cost things are here. He visited me a few weeks ago.

It is real, real easy to spend a lot of money and come up dry. Worse though is hooking up the wrong woman. I've been holding the title of expert on that subject for the past 18 years. Just getting back in the saddle. Wish me luck and good luck on your endeavor!

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2019, 12:05:36 PM »
Thank you, guys, for welcomes and excellent advice.
Yeah better to be careful, I can imagine
The renters being tricky. And the lone
prospect seems to be very promising.
So maybe I'll stick to her. There are local agencies
that guarantee me a nice apt downtown, and to
pick me up from airport, I have to send a deposit,
the rest on arrival... That sounds good.
And yeah, I'll go in August.
Thanks, I also wish you good luck, Maxx2
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 12:07:40 PM by Franco Rey »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2019, 12:32:09 PM »
Actually, March is not a bad time to travel to the FSU. Airline fares are much cheaper than the summer months. If you can find the right lady [like I managed to] she could help find an equally affordable place to stay. She will also know enough English and also have friends who do.  удача [Udachi--Good Luck]
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Franco Rey

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2019, 12:41:03 PM »

Thanks! Actually, March is not a bad time to travel to the FSU. Airline fares are much cheaper than the summer months. If you can find the right lady [like I managed to] she could help find an equally affordable place to stay. She will also know enough English and also have friends who do.  удача [Udachi--Good Luck]

I don't doubt it. Problem is I can only
take vacation in August... After that, it'll
be easier.

Fortunately, this lady speaks English well,
I may ask her if she can help with finding
a place.. If I get lucky, maybe she'll invite me
to stay at her place  ;)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 12:42:52 PM by Franco Rey »

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2019, 12:45:08 PM »
march and summer are the best times

march, because soon as the weather changes from winter to spring there's a change in the general attitude of the people, more "upbeat"
summer, because it's summer, and summer is thong season
OMG, the girls at aquapark in thongs doing exercises...

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2019, 01:02:09 PM »
Hello... I'm new to the forum.

Welcome to the forum.

You are going to get a lot of advice. Some of it will be great and some
of it will be more dubious. Take the good advice and ignore the rest, but
above all don't get offended, you are fairly anonymous her and nobody
knows your situation, your goals, or your personality better than yourself.

My advice is to do a lot of research here and here are a couple of links to
get you started off in the right direction

Here is the free E Book
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=47

How to get started FSU 101
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

The RWD Ten Commandments
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1740.0

How I did it
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

Udachi! (means good luck in Russian)

Bill 
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
I don't doubt it. Problem is I can only
take vacation in August... After that, it'll
be easier.

August is a long time to wait, FSUW can be very pragmatic, hopefully somebody
like myself (don't worry about me I'm happily married) doesn't get on plane and
curl her toes visit her first, but if that's as soon as you can get there then
how soon could you meet her again if you think she's the one?

If I get lucky, maybe she'll invite me
to stay at her place  ;)

I recommend that you get your own apartment especially for the first trip. If things
don't work out then it could get uncomfortable and what if she lives with Mamma?
or relatives. You want your own place, if you two hit it off you have an excellent chance
of playing house, and believe me there is nothing better than that.

I believe this is Pavel's page
http://ukrainian-connection.com/

http://kiev-apartmentrental.com/services/

You can also try airbnb and others. You want to stay near the center
near Kreschatic Street or Pushkinskaya Street

Many will have airport pick up or your girl might want to meet you at the
airport (I do recommend that if you are visiting only her).

Udachi!

Bill

« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:30:03 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2019, 02:47:45 PM »
Unfortunately i would not say that august is a good time, 1/3 of the girls will have gone. They go on vacation.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline msmob

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2019, 02:57:23 PM »
Actually, March is not a bad time to travel to the FSU. Airline fares are much cheaper than the summer months. If you can find the right lady [like I managed to] she could help find an equally affordable place to stay. She will also know enough English and also have friends who do.  удача [Udachi--Good Luck]

It's Удачі in UA and Удачи - it ends in an "ee" sound .. not an 'a' ( pendant mode, sorry, Tfcrew !)

The best time to go - if you see a lady you like - is ASAP .. You are not alone in the game and if she is 'into VM' - she may be meeting other guys ...   ?!

It always puzzles me why 'VM' advocates do not 'get' this ;)

Edited to add

NB  Sandro has noted my spelling howler.   PEDANT ..of course DUH))

« Last Edit: April 01, 2019, 01:56:55 AM by msmob »

Offline SANDRO43

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2019, 07:55:20 PM »
( pendant mode...
Curious affection for that term ::). A psychoanalytic examination advisable ;D?
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline ML

Apartment in Kyiv
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2019, 08:39:53 PM »
Quote from: msmob on Today at 05:57:23 PM
( pendant mode...

Curious affection for that term ::). A psychoanalytic examination advisable ;D?

Perhaps similar to Maxx:  Both of these hosts see me as a desirable tenet.

- - - - - - -

Sorry guys . . . it's just an affliction I have.  :-)

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541011
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1908
Total: 1919

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Today at 09:47:10 AM