It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Red or Blue states should secede from USA  (Read 6883 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Red or Blue states should secede from USA
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2020, 02:17:53 PM »
Whoa, whoa, guys no need for a war, could a 'Referendum' solve your problems ;D

Seriously, you could split into two separate countries of red & blue states and survive well enough. I don't think Mexico would be a problem as military from either half of the US would be more than enough to defeat them. Public want from Hispanics in California to join Mexico might be an issue but then again why would they want to join what they chose to leave in the first place, lol, they would have to embark on another long journey cross another border again :D

I think though that there is a bigger issue at stake, what I've learned over the years is that it's not which party but which person is what matters. Basically it doesn't so much matter on the party but instead the strength of the person you are choosing. Whether we're talking Labour vs Conservatives, or Democrats vs Republicans, either side can put forward candidates that are weak or strong at any given time, or in other terms winners and losers. Now do you wish your nation to be run by a Loser just because they happen to be in your political camp? Some would but those with much sense up top would be probably rather not, the result is predicatably rarely a good one - think poor choices, bad mistakes, lack of national confidence, etc, etc.

Myself I would never vote Tory (I voted Brexit Party in most recent GE) as it's not family tradition or a party that I see as decent people long term. However, I wouldn't vote for a candidate from my own party if I thought the party leader was not up to the job and weak.

So for the US I would (if I were a US citizen) either vote for the strongest candidate or if I was unhappy with where they stood I would just not vote. I personally don't see Joe Biden as Presidential material, he could probably do the job but he doesn't strike me as someone to direct and drive the nation forward. He strikes me more as the type of guy who would sit out the Presidency quietly and not do much. At worst I would fear he might mess stuff up, could be wrong but that is the feeling he gives off to me, he's probably an ok sort of guy.

For me Trump comes across as a strong leader regardless of his problems and personality. So I would either decide to vote for Trump or if not keen on him then not vote at all.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2020, 03:59:23 PM »
Have to remember Gator that much of the middle class i.e. my parents, was built with unions and pension plans, not at-will employment.

I don't understand the connection.  Pensions gave the middle class their  financial security, yet hard work paid the bills and put food on the table.

I used government pensions as an example, and before the pandemic, just the state government  pensions were underfunded by over $1 trillion.   Municipalities are worse I understand.  Should a COVID relief aid bill bail them out? 

And pension plans are only part of the financial problem of local and state governments.   

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2020, 04:29:09 PM »
The video in reply 35 was removed [stating violation of TOS]
There may come a civil uprising esp if the country becomes a one party nation.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BillyB

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2020, 06:30:03 PM »

You're right. Video of rioters fighting in the streets has been deleted before the election. Don't want to remind people there are problems in Democratic led cities.

Yahoo News was a favorite news source of mine. On their front page they post news from right and left leaning sources and people were allowed to comment after the article. Some of the wonderful links I posted here was because other people on Yahoo found them. A month ago they stopped letting people post comments to the articles. They say they want to keep Yahoo a safe place. What was going on was more commenters than ever were on the right denouncing lies and revealing the real truth. Sometimes there be 10-1 people on the right over people on the left calling out fake news and posting links to the truth such as backgrounds of shooters the liberal media claimed were white nationalists. I read Yahoo for years and seen a movement grow right before my eyes. I think Trump will do fine in this election no matter what fake news and their fake polls say.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2020, 05:28:05 AM »
I don't understand the connection.  Pensions gave the middle class their  financial security, yet hard work paid the bills and put food on the table.

I used government pensions as an example, and before the pandemic, just the state government  pensions were underfunded by over $1 trillion.   Municipalities are worse I understand.  Should a COVID relief aid bill bail them out? 

And pension plans are only part of the financial problem of local and state governments.

Gator,

I misread the intent of your post.  Of course, states will have to find ways to live up to their obligations.  Covid has put additional stress, high costs, and reduced revenue on their already stressed finances, but don't think bankruptcy is an option so what do you suggest?  I agree it does not bode well, something will break if nothing is done.

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2020, 06:24:43 AM »

Yahoo News was a favorite news source of mine. On their front page they post news from right and left leaning sources and people were allowed to comment after the article. Some of the wonderful links I posted here was because other people on Yahoo found them. A month ago they stopped letting people post comments to the articles. They say they want to keep Yahoo a safe place. What was going on was more commenters than ever were on the right denouncing lies and revealing the real truth. Sometimes there be 10-1 people on the right over people on the left calling out fake news and posting links to the truth such as backgrounds of shooters the liberal media claimed were white nationalists. I read Yahoo for years and seen a movement grow right before my eyes. I think Trump will do fine in this election no matter what fake news and their fake polls say.
So now Yahoo News is also a part of the grand conspiracy against trump. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2020, 06:38:49 AM »
when one party (Republican) becomes such a divisive force they deserve to be abandoned by many.  I don't think many will care if some republicans want to rebel in their wheelchairs, walkers, and depends.   

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2020, 09:48:41 AM »

Of course, states will have to find ways to live up to their obligations.  Covid has put additional stress, high costs, and reduced revenue on their already stressed finances, but don't think bankruptcy is an option so what do you suggest?  I agree it does not bode well, something will break if nothing is done.

States can not print money, so the solution is combination of:

1) state/municipal governments cutting budgets (i. e., fixing the source of the problem),

2) state/municipal governments borrowing at current low interest rates,

3)  state/municipal governments increasing taxes, and 

4) Congress appropriating trillions of aid.   

As evidenced by the stimulus bill negotiations, the Democrats are leaning on No. 4 to help with increased revenue from no. 3.  The only spending cuts I (No. 1)  I see are in police.   

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Red or Blue states should secede from USA
« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2020, 12:14:52 PM »

States can not print money, so the solution is combination of:

1) state/municipal governments cutting budgets (i. e., fixing the source of the problem),

2) state/municipal governments borrowing at current low interest rates,

3)  state/municipal governments increasing taxes, and 

4) Congress appropriating trillions of aid.   

As evidenced by the stimulus bill negotiations, the Democrats are leaning on No. 4 to help with increased revenue from no. 3.  The only spending cuts I (No. 1)  I see are in police.   

The ONLY solution for State and Municipal governments is for them to stop electing
liberals to run them. They won't even try to solve their problems. Solving problems
doesn't compute in a typical liberals head and certainly not in an elected liberals head.

You are right of center so you think of typical center right solutions. The correct way
to solve state and municipal problems that the lefty's created are to actually fix them
structurally.

1. Stop crime and restore the rule of law
2. Create a business positive atmosphere
3. Keep spending under control
4. Don't borrow any additional money for anything

Do those 4 things and the State and local situations will fix themselves.
Government doesn't solve problems, businesses and people do.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Gator

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2020, 06:25:09 PM »
The correct way to solve state and municipal problems that the lefty's created are to actually fix them
structurally.

1. Stop crime and restore the rule of law
2. Create a business positive atmosphere
3. Keep spending under control
4. Don't borrow any additional money for anything

Do those 4 things and the State and local situations will fix themselves.
Government doesn't solve problems, businesses and people do.

The smart solution, certainly smarter than mine.  I had already resigned to a future where lefties would be re-elected, and few lefties do Giuliani solutions.   Necessity is the mother of invention, Unlike me, you are thinking positively, believing the Democrat machine will fall on its face.   

There you go....you are both smarter and more positive.   I believe some borrowing will be necessary for investment initiatives, not for supporting mismanaged pension programs.   

Let's say it is a city with a large minority population.  You and I know within the city there are some  successful minority business leaders who could do the job of turning around a city.   The problem is they may not want the job, and if they did, they may not be part of the entrenched Democrat machine.     

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1876
Total: 1887

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM