It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi  (Read 84203 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Starting and Running a Business in the Republic of Georgia, Batumi
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2020, 06:30:39 AM »

To give a Chipotle experience.

New, $4,000  Used, $172.42

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2020, 07:29:51 AM »

To give a Chipotle experience.

The price differential should make this a no brainer.  $4000 is outrageous....$172 is a steal!   

Fathertime!   

New, $4,000  Used, $172.42
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:30 AM »

Thanks for the bump Fathertime!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2020, 08:22:37 AM »

We have the same problem in Georgia as does this board, trolls.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #54 on: January 31, 2020, 02:02:40 PM »

They know their Engrish.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2020, 08:43:52 AM »

Fired Ilona today.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2020, 08:55:42 AM »

Fired Ilona today.

Any further details?

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2020, 09:19:51 AM »
Any further details?

Near bedtime. I'll tell you when I awaken. It is all stuff of the Slavic mentality of the influence of "friends" with the 'crabs in a bucket' mentality.

Offline BdHvA

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2020, 11:37:50 AM »
Maxx, My compliments for attempting this. The food industry is not easy and while some make a living, the majority fail. The success stories are a few and far between. That noted it seems like you might have a successful formula.

For myself I look forward to reading of your further exploits and reports. I should note I usually just lurk on RWD.
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline BillyB

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 12:25:54 PM »

Fired Ilona today.

Did you film the entire event? You may be able to submit the tape to the "Undercover Boss" reality tv show if it's still airing. Firing employees before the business opens may be something they're interested in.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2020, 02:22:42 PM »
Maxx, My compliments for attempting this. The food industry is not easy and while some make a living, the majority fail. The success stories are a few and far between. That noted it seems like you might have a successful formula.

I agree.

For myself I look forward to reading of your further exploits and reports. I should note I usually just lurk on RWD.

I cannot say I blame you.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2020, 10:13:17 AM »

I agree.

I cannot say I blame you.

I got a thread about the firing of Ilona here in Starting Out section. Life can be so strange!

« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 12:16:51 PM by Maxx2 »

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2020, 12:16:24 PM »
Weekends are the worst times to launch a thread. I'll be interested what Monday (USA time) will bring.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2020, 03:10:10 PM »
Yet, I have to push forward. Why? Out of all of this I hope to find a good woman.[/font]

I think it's a great idea what you have planned here Maxx. I would say though that consider being adaptable, if the restaurant model doesn't work well then maybe consider changing to fast food version or adapting to some other business, a night time bar or whatever.

I think what you are doing is the right approach to find a woman out there. They will notice a foreign guy who is running a business and will think he is wealthy and doing well for himself. They will see that there is a business there and not just another foreign guy/retiree.

In fairness a woman out there would probably think that if she gets with a foreign guy who is drawing a pension if it were to happen that the guy later passes on sooner than hoped then the lady could be left high and dry since she I assume would unlikely be able to claim the pension. However if there is a business there that she could gain then that could be more reassuring to her.

Hope it all works for you :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2020, 11:43:54 PM »
Written by a guy who hasn't been to the Rep of Geogia...

Rule #1 do not fraternise, hope for relationships, or take loads of photos of employees .

They should be paid for the work they do and work time be clearly defined and they go home to separate lives.

Big companies have rules on relationships at work for operation reasons.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2020, 12:48:10 AM »
I think it's a great idea what you have planned here Maxx. I would say though that consider being adaptable, if the restaurant model doesn't work well then maybe consider changing to fast food version or adapting to some other business, a night time bar or whatever.

I think what you are doing is the right approach to find a woman out there. They will notice a foreign guy who is running a business and will think he is wealthy and doing well for himself. They will see that there is a business there and not just another foreign guy/retiree.

In fairness a woman out there would probably think that if she gets with a foreign guy who is drawing a pension if it were to happen that the guy later passes on sooner than hoped then the lady could be left high and dry since she I assume would unlikely be able to claim the pension. However if there is a business there that she could gain then that could be more reassuring to her.

Hope it all works for you :)

Thanks Trenchcoat. You have some good points.

Snagging a woman is not the reason for me to do this. I am mainly doing this as something interesting to do. Something fun to do. I am also thinking the activity will be good for my health. I lean strongly towards being sedentary.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2020, 06:09:35 AM »

There must be at least 20 centimeters of snow on the ground!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2020, 10:59:50 AM »

Thanks Trenchcoat. You have some good points.

Snagging a woman is not the reason for me to do this. I am mainly doing this as something interesting to do. Something fun to do. I am also thinking the activity will be good for my health. I lean strongly towards being sedentary.

That's ok Maxx. It's great you are doing this new venture of yours for enjoyment, I think that is a positive in its favour of succeeding. You have shown that you have been committed to making some great salsa sauce, if so stuff like that could be a real draw for such a business. I would build on that if I were you, look to make other aspects of your Mexican restaurant to be great also, but don't let it drag your timescale to open back too much.

Perhaps make a note of all the people you will need to run this restaurant and the essential skills they will require. Also what your role will be in this business, likely overseeing the enterprise will be a key one such as keeping an eye on the money and stock levels and making sure everyone is doing their job and treating customers well.

If you need another person to assist you in opening the business pay them the going rate and look for someone who seems 'on the job' used to working type of person. I'm guessing that someone with good experience in catering may fit the bill. Perhaps put an ad out in their version of the Jobcentre/Labor Exchange and see who applies. Stressing experience needed may be best in the job advert. If you get someone with deep experience they may be invaluable in the long haul and if problems occur.

I think in any case you are probably best of looking for someone by advertising a job than by taking on friends. Friends don't necessarily have what you need, they may have a bit of it but not enough. They may be suitable for a role in your Mexican restaurant but not necessarily the one you currently need. If you need help with a job ad maybe your Russian language tutor might help she sounds like she might have a decent interested in your life or if not maybe hire a terp for it if needs be.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2020, 10:49:47 PM »
That's ok Maxx. It's great you are doing this new venture of yours for enjoyment, I think that is a positive in its favour of succeeding. You have shown that you have been committed to making some great salsa sauce, if so stuff like that could be a real draw for such a business. I would build on that if I were you, look to make other aspects of your Mexican restaurant to be great also, but don't let it drag your timescale to open back too much.

There is foot of snow outside and I am not sure the roads are drivable. I doubt sub-tropical Batumi has snow plows. I'd like to get my medical check today. And I have no running water because the pipes are frozen. The water pipes run along the outside of the wall by the kitchen. -3 C. Seems like a lot of  bad omens. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2020, 01:16:48 AM »

There is foot of snow outside and I am not sure the roads are drivable. I doubt sub-tropical Batumi has snow plows. I'd like to get my medical check today. And I have no running water because the pipes are frozen. The water pipes run along the outside of the wall by the kitchen. -3 C. Seems like a lot of  bad omens.

Here we've just had gale force winds, neither is probably unusual for this time of year. The snow scene you showed earlier is pretty picturesque, a nice photo :) I would keep warm in this weather and use it as a chance for time out. Could even be useful time to do more planning of your business. The more planning you the greater your chance of success and easier time you can give yourself later on I think. Less gets left to a last minute panic of suddenly realising you need something or someone for stuff to work.

The pipes outside could probably be lagged with foam pipe insulation. I doubt your Landlord would be bothered with that as it's easy stuff to take on and off and pretty cheap to do, plus there is usually no down side to doing it. If you're going to be moving though it probably wouldn't be of use to you. Too late of course when the pipes are already frozen & can't get out and about but it might help avoid another re-occurrence. If it lasts a long time no water could become a pain unless you've stocked up on bottled water in advance. Other than that just food & relaxing I guess. 

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2020, 06:07:50 AM »
Guess you could always melt some snow into water if you get desperate.

Offline ML

« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2020, 07:19:37 AM »
Guess you could always melt some snow into water if you get desperate.

Don't use the yellow snow.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2020, 09:57:23 AM »
I'm not sure how effective it really was, but back in time when me and the guys would hit Mammoth to ski as much as we can, we used to stay at one of the bud's parents condo and one of the things we were told not to ever forget is to leave the bathtub's faucet slightly open. It was supposed to allow the water to flow through preventing it from being static in the pipes and making it susceptible to freezing..

My complaints back then however was the water heater was not big enough to serve 7-8 dudes. You don't ever want to be the last one to wake up to hit the showers....
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2020, 04:13:47 PM »
Weekends are the worst times to launch a thread. I'll be interested what Monday (USA time) will bring.

Indeed! Nat sent me a text with a link. I mean what's the chances of something like this from happening...Apparently, not only is there another couple out there who goes by the names 'Matt & Nat', they also happen to be animal lover/protection rights believers as well as shown in their website:

http://mattandnat.com/en_ca/

She asked: "Honey, when did you purchased this company, and why didn't you tell me anything about it?" LMAO!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #74 on: February 21, 2020, 12:03:28 AM »

Not this one ^ but the company that made it is custom making two for me. The hot unit will be 65 cm wide and 125 cm long. It will be a dry unit unlike the one above that heats the trays by heating the water. As you are facing the front on the right end will be places for two round stainless steel pots for the mild and hot Texas chili.

The cold unit is 90 cm long and the same width. There will be a glass sneeze guard on both like the one above. The cold unit however will have a glass shelf where the desserts are displayed.

The units are built around a steel frame of square tubes. Then covered in sheets of stainless steel. Mine won't have colored panels.

Both should finished by next week. They are tested for two days then shipped. I will travel back to Tbilisi to pay the second half and price the cost of additional items I want custom built.

The price for both units together, is 2500 GEL ($862) and shipping is 350 GEL ($120).

I want to have them fabricate a low lying stainless steel refrigerator that has a counter top over it for food preparation. The other item needed is a stainless steel sink and stand. It would have storage underneath. If all goes well ($$$) I'll have them fabricate a stainless steel cabinet to hold the dishes et cetera. I'll hang it over the refrigerator on the back wall. I want this place to look professional, efficient and with the emphasis on cleanliness. Having a kitchen that all can see is a good idea. Recently there has been investigative reports of filthy Georgian kitchens.     

I bought this beauty yesterday. It is extra long at 90 centimeters. Cost 1199 GEL ($413) It is a Oz product. It will be delivered today. I wanted it so I can continue with the blueprint and floor plans.

The delivery guy just called. Got to go...

« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 05:47:23 AM by Maxx2 »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1761
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1752
Total: 1762

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM