It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Heading out to Moscow and Kyiv in two weeks  (Read 14901 times)

Offline cameraguymn

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Heading out to Moscow and Kyiv in two weeks
« on: February 13, 2022, 10:28:48 AM »
Against my better judgment I bought a ticket to Moscow and Kyiv. In Moscow, I'll spend 4 days with a 22-year-old. She's in marketing and as they say - wise beyond her years. She has a good life with a good job, fashionable, down to earth. We talk everyday on Viber, videochat, we really connect. I would like to see 2 other women I've been communicating with in Moscow but I'd rather have a good 4 days with her than just 2 rushed days with her and two rushed meetings with the other two. Plus she's flying in to see me in Moscow. We fun deep silly conversations about everything. I'd like this to be permanent but we'll find out after a few trips to Mexico and Cuba together. I'm optimistic we'll like each other.

What I've seen of Moscow online- that city is going to be amazing. I've been to Moscow when I was in college and but the Moscow I see now is modern and looks really fun. I have booked a great hotel with a living room. Breakfast looks delicious though I'm not sure I'll be doing the same thing 4 days in a row even it is amazing.

Then I'm heading off to Kyiv. Meeting a 32 year old sales manager with a 6 year old daughter. Classic beauty. Brunette with blue eyes. Very sensible and responsible. Meeting another woman who is 28 with a 5 year old daughter. She's a beautician. Then a 28-year-old woman with no child who is a psychologist. I have friends in Kyiv and they say it is safe and most people feel safe and are going on with their lives normally. And I can stay with them if the tanks come into Kyiv.

Let's hope for peace and Ukraine doesn't need to join NATO. 

I would post up photos if it were easier to post up photos.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
Re: Heading out to Moscow and Kyiv in two weeks
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2022, 11:22:37 AM »
I hate to be so direct; but this is pure stupidity.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2022, 11:55:18 AM »
hahaha I don't have valid response. My life insurance is up to date. My family knows where I'll be. If I am stuck in Kyiv for months then I'll just have to get in touch with my contacts at CNN and report from Maidan.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2022, 12:35:08 PM »
hahaha I don't have valid response. My life insurance is up to date. My family knows where I'll be. If I am stuck in Kyiv for months then I'll just have to get in touch with my contacts at CNN and report from Maidan.

Fortune favors the bold

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2022, 12:42:47 PM »
Does the 22yo know you are flying from moscow to kyiv?

If you hit it off as well as you hope to, odds wpuld be good she'd want to see you off,and of your flight is to kyiv,I'd expect no matter her words in response ,the dynamic of your relationship will likely change in her mind.
Just something to consider.

I dont know your age ,but she sounds very young anyway, but it also seems you have prioritized your visit to her,and I'd say that won't be appreciated of she knows or suspects the overall context.

My silly advice would be if* she is a priority that is standing out to you,I'd just go see her.
See where it goes.
If on your return of it fizzled I'd go  see your contacts in Ukraine when it seems stable.

Thd current plan seems to risk your primary interest over the desire to have multiple  backups.

I'm not knocking visit many,  if they are all on board as casual dating and seeing where it goes.
I also know that it generally colors those  first impressions.

🤷‍♂️

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2022, 12:58:17 PM »
Fortune favors the bold

Lol true enough.
I wouldn't be askeeerd of going.

I'd just be more prone to not combining visits.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2022, 01:16:34 PM »
Lol true enough.
I wouldn't be askeeerd of going.

I'd just be more prone to not combining visits.

If I were a younger single man I wouldn't hesitate "going" but like you I wouldn't do them both at the same time. I'm a one in the hand as opposed to two in the bush kind'a man anyway. IIRC insurance companies announced today are canceling coverage for all flights to Ukraine so that flight leg might be nixed although I do believe it is more NATO/West posturing. Flights to Moscow will unlikely be affected though.

Cameraguy I would suggest spending more time with both if you are wanting to learn the women. Two days for each isn't near enough time for either destination. I've only been 15 or so times, what do I know?

Offline ML

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2022, 03:07:20 PM »
State Department (of most any country):  Get out of Ukraine as soon as you can.

Lovesick Western Man:  I think I will go into Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2022, 03:09:59 PM »
State Department of many western countries:  We will impose huge sanctions on Russia . . . if.

Lovesick Western Man:  Seems like a good time to go to Russia.
I think they will welcome me at the same time they are suffering from sanctions imposed by my home country.

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2022, 03:12:00 PM »
Man who has been to Ukraine many times, was married to a Ukrainian woman and has lived there extensively:  Here is how to get out of Ukraine.

Lovesick Western Man:  Now is a good time to go to Ukraine.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 03:18:32 PM by ML »

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2022, 03:20:29 PM »
Does the 22yo know you are flying from moscow to kyiv?

This can't be done anyway; which brings into question the validity of his writings.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2022, 04:06:27 PM »
Man who has been to Ukraine many times, was married to a Ukrainian woman and has lived there extensively:  Here is how to get out of Ukraine.

Lovesick Western Man:  Now is a good time to go to Ukraine.

is that Patagonie from this website?   If so, he has an excellent voice/accent. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2022, 04:35:33 PM »
This can't be done anyway; which brings into question the validity of his writings.

Ah ok.

To be fair, it only brings up my understanding of what if inferred, but
he  did not specifically state.

So I personally did not know you can no longer fly from Moscow to kyiv.

I also only advised him *if he was doing so,  he did not say that he was.

There are other ways he could route to get from Moscow to kyiv if direct flights are no longer available.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2022, 05:02:52 PM »
is that Patagonie from this website?   If so, he has an excellent voice/accent. 

Fathertime!
Yep Fathertime, it's me.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2022, 05:05:25 PM »
Against my better judgment I bought a ticket to Moscow and Kyiv. In Moscow, I'll spend 4 days with a 22-year-old. She's in marketing and as they say - wise beyond her years. She has a good life with a good job, fashionable, down to earth. We talk everyday on Viber, videochat, we really connect. I would like to see 2 other women I've been communicating with in Moscow but I'd rather have a good 4 days with her than just 2 rushed days with her and two rushed meetings with the other two. Plus she's flying in to see me in Moscow. We fun deep silly conversations about everything. I'd like this to be permanent but we'll find out after a few trips to Mexico and Cuba together. I'm optimistic we'll like each other.

What I've seen of Moscow online- that city is going to be amazing. I've been to Moscow when I was in college and but the Moscow I see now is modern and looks really fun. I have booked a great hotel with a living room. Breakfast looks delicious though I'm not sure I'll be doing the same thing 4 days in a row even it is amazing.

Then I'm heading off to Kyiv. Meeting a 32 year old sales manager with a 6 year old daughter. Classic beauty. Brunette with blue eyes. Very sensible and responsible. Meeting another woman who is 28 with a 5 year old daughter. She's a beautician. Then a 28-year-old woman with no child who is a psychologist. I have friends in Kyiv and they say it is safe and most people feel safe and are going on with their lives normally. And I can stay with them if the tanks come into Kyiv.

Let's hope for peace and Ukraine doesn't need to join NATO. 

I would post up photos if it were easier to post up photos.

May I ask you what's route you gonna use to land in Kiev soon? From Moscow.
I will postpone this project (watch my video) and stay in Moscow for safety reasons.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline rwd123

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2022, 06:28:01 PM »
Fortune favors the bold
Agreed, but he should avoid Ukraine as a rule and now is not a sensible time to travel there.

Offline LAman

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 07:15:55 PM »

Amazing??? May I remind you of the current rules in Moscow? I was there last month when COVID cases in Russia were ~~20,000, now they are hovering around 200,000!!!
You need a negative PCR test within 48 hours of arrival. Many tourist attractions need a QR code ( which is nearly impossible for a foreigner), most if not all restaurants also need QR code though some will let you in despite rules, winter is not time to spend lots of time outside. Maybe you will spend lots of time in your great hotel room?? ))
At moment KLM cancelled all flights to Ukraine, who knows who else will follow.
I won't even get into Kyiv part.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2022, 07:23:32 PM by LAman »
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2022, 01:59:07 AM »
My flight from Kyiv to Moscow will happen via Poland with LOT airlines.

This window of time opened up I have other projects that will need my attention in the next few months. And if things get worse I probably won't be able to visit Russia and Ukraine in the foreseeable future too.  I am anxious to see the 22 more than the others that is true. She knows I have a project in Kyiv with a contractor which is true and she's seen the progress of our work so that provides a cover for my trip to Ukraine. She is fully cognizant of Ukrainian women and how the West views them. I don't talk much about it since I don't want to feel like I have to lie to her but I actually do have to check up on a contractor in Kyiv.

Each trip is about $3,000-$5,000 so I decided to combine a trip to Moscow with Kyiv and the ticket is credit I have with the travel agency so if I can't go to Ukraine then I'll just buy a one way ticket back from from Moscow.

I have been fascinated with the idea of Russia/Soviet Union since I was very young since seeing Peter and the Wolf and playing Swan Lake. With the pandemic, I'd like to find a real partner sooner than later. My schedule allows me the time to fly and meet potential mates and I can at least filter out the ones that aren't a good match. The ones that are a good match we can meet in Turkey or Thailand if Ukraine won't be an option.

I understand the potential dangers and I do have contingency plans in case I am stuck in Kyiv for a while. I have people who can drive me to Belarus or Romania. And perhaps I might just go and hunker down with my original girlfriend in southern Ukraine for several months.

As for Moscow I've seen some amazing video of the ice rinks there. They actually make the ice ring at Rockefeller Center look pedestrain. I've seen some amazing pictures of parks being lit up at night. And my friend has shared with me about the QR code situation. The hotel's restuarant looks pretty good and if we are stuck in our hotel room for 4 days doing whatever potential lovers do, watching movies, playing poker and other things I'm game for that.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2022, 02:00:45 AM »
I think one of the women mentioned that about Americans flying to Ukraine. I sent a message to Visit Ukraine and the state department asking for clarification.

If I were a younger single man I wouldn't hesitate "going" but like you I wouldn't do them both at the same time. I'm a one in the hand as opposed to two in the bush kind'a man anyway. IIRC insurance companies announced today are canceling coverage for all flights to Ukraine so that flight leg might be nixed although I do believe it is more NATO/West posturing. Flights to Moscow will unlikely be affected though.

Cameraguy I would suggest spending more time with both if you are wanting to learn the women. Two days for each isn't near enough time for either destination. I've only been 15 or so times, what do I know?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2022, 04:52:15 AM »
CG you are more crazy than me lol.

I personally would wait a couple of weeks or so, see how the Ukraine crises plays out. No point flying into trouble in my book.

I tried the meet many between Ukraine & Russia on a meet one at a time like you propose. In my case I thought the girl in Ukraine was right for me (at that time) so I chose not to meet any in Moscow but to use it for sightseeing instead. I was only there about 4-5 days I think and to be honest was glad to do that as the sightseeing was great and I may have missed out on a lot of that if I was meeting women. This was back in 2017 of course. What I did was to fly and meet girl in Kyiv first then fly back to London, drive around from Gatwick to Heathrow lol and then back out on a flight to Moscow.

That I had all pre-booked to do that way before I had met the girl in Kyiv in person. In my case I think there was little difference in cost of flying back to London as opposed to transiting through a country like Belarus (Minsk Airport). I think in the end it was easiest on flight bookings and possibly visa. Like someone had said here I also thought if I did hit it off and she saw me off at the airport, which she did, having a flight/going at a time when there were no direct London flights back or boarding a flight to Belarus might raise suspicion and screw up a good relationship. Back then Belarus was often the country to transit through between Ukraine & Russia (vice versa) as direct flights between Russia and Ukraine were banned and given present circumstances I would highly assume still are. I would possibly doubt if Belarus as a transit still does flights to/from Ukraine.

Main thing with Ukraine is if a war does go down you've no idea of how Russia will go about tackling the invasion of Ukrainian cities. Don't assume it's all going to be meek and mild with the foreign guy just having to sit it out till the party is over. Starving the city out my guess would be the most peaceful way with civilians possibly allowed to leave as they give up the city, that would be a lot of people. The Russian army moving through the city bit by bit would be another way but fighting is likely to break out between citizens that have taken up arms and any remains of the Ukrainian army, the Russians are likely to do a lot of shelling & small missiles. Third thing Russia may do is to destroy the Suburbs & possibly most of the whole city with hyper thermal missiles, that's the most deadly option for Ukrainians but would likely spare the Russian army the most casualties. So it's all down to what Putin & his Russian Generals decide.

Anyhow, Moscow I found was not really that modern, it was mostly the city centre with all of its buildings that go way back to Soviet times and before. The tourist attractions were great, Red Square being the main one. Gorky Park is quite nice and I imagine the main place that has been modernised, there was a nice cafe/bar I went in by a boating lake. There was also a huge statue I think quite new along the river that was quite impressive but that was about it. Lots of nice cafes in the city centre just a bit off from Red Square.

I think you're kind of making a mistake jumping in with holidays so soon. Holidays are kind of the thing to avoid I have learnt, moreso early on. It can attract the wrong type of women, act as an inducement and put the relationship in a holiday footing. If you need to keep the woman I interested in you use a different approach I would. What do you do for work CG? You seem to have a lot of money to throw around.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 04:54:26 AM by Trenchcoat »
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2022, 09:59:07 AM »
Well buddy this is an investment in a real relationship. With the pandemic, I can work remotely and work is light anyways and I have not spent much money. If I don't go I'll likely blow a few thousand on poker and women here anyways. Why not have an adventure, blow a few thousand and perhaps meet someone special.

Offline ML

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2022, 10:45:49 AM »
I actually think you are just 'pulling our chain' regarding your 'trip.'

I remember a hundred years or so ago a guy called Ranger (I think that was his handle) posted his wild story here about rooming with a group of naked 10s at a beach resort.  Was a great story while it lasted.

But anyway it builds up some traffic here; so all to the good.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2022, 10:47:59 AM by ML »

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2022, 12:35:00 PM »
I actually am not. But I do post some things in here just to create conversation because it is often dead.

But I am going to Kyiv and Moscow. But now I am starting to worry that I won't be able to fly into Kyiv. I'll probably have to call the airlines. I'm flying to Kyiv first then fly to Moscow. I don't know why the only flights through the website and agency has me staying overnight in Warsaw. I have found separate flights from Kyiv to Moscow with only a few hour layover in Warsaw and its through LOT too which is the same airline that is put together on my flight package.

I actually think you are just 'pulling our chain' regarding your 'trip.'

I remember a hundred years or so ago a guy called Ranger (I think that was his handle) posted his wild story here about rooming with a group of naked 10s at a beach resort.  Was a great story while it lasted.

But anyway it builds up some traffic here; so all to the good.

Offline cameraguymn

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 11:20:06 AM »
My Kyiv flight leg has been canceled by the airlines. What to do now. Just got off the phone with my friends in Kyiv and they alerted me that Russians are withdrawing some of their troops from the border.

Offline Sailor291

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 11:33:38 AM »
Which airline cancelled your flight out of curiosity?  We are flying to KBP via Istanbul in May on Turkish, so I wanted to know?

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541439
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 2062
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 8
Guests: 1992
Total: 2000

+-Recent Posts

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Today at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Today at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 05:23:57 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:41:40 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:20:06 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:05:32 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:05:13 PM

International travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 02:39:39 PM

Re: Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by ML
Yesterday at 02:16:29 PM

Does it ever feel strange to visit a place where you were with a previous girl? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:21:59 AM