It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: After I get my mink Ushanka hat...  (Read 3544 times)

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
After I get my mink Ushanka hat...
« on: April 20, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »
 I am kicking around the idea of temporally emmigrating to Ukraine next year after I get my mink Ushanka hat and things settle down. OK I hear about the 90/180 rule. Does that mean it's 90 days only in Ukraine and stay away for 180 days before they let you back in? Or can you get the 90 days extended to 180 days?

I checked out Moldova and it seems like they have more liberal residency policies than Ukraine. I guess one could bounce back and forth between the two.

I got this web link from this site http://www.dobovo.com

Here's one for Chisinau [size=78%] [/size][size=78%]http://www.airbnb.com/s/Chisinau--Moldova?sw_lat=47.0325751695026&sw_lng=28.822083522686626&ne_lat=47.04703111585336&ne_lng=28.842253734478618&zoom=15&search_by_map=true[/size]

Offline PBRstreetg

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
Re: After I get my mink Ushanka hat...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 05:46:59 PM »
:D Make sure you get one with the sickle and hammer on it. The local Militsia will be especially eager to welcome you
Разрушить всегда легче, чем построить. Обидеть проще,чем простить. И врать всегда удобней , чем поверить. А оттолкнуть намного проще, чем любить

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 06:12:34 PM »
:D Make sure you get one with the sickle and hammer on it. The local Militsia will be especially eager to welcome you

Duelly noted.

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 09:01:13 PM »
My understanding was "out of every 180 days, you can stay 90".  You could most likely find easy ways to stay longer, perhaps apply for a different classification of your visit other than the typical tourist one.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 09:18:30 PM »
I am kicking around the idea of temporally emmigrating to Ukraine next year after I get my mink Ushanka hat and things settle down. OK I hear about the 90/180 rule. Does that mean it's 90 days only in Ukraine and stay away for 180 days before they let you back in? Or can you get the 90 days extended to 180 days?

I checked out Moldova and it seems like they have more liberal residency policies than Ukraine. I guess one could bounce back and forth between the two.

I got this web link from this site http://www.dobovo.com

Here's one for Chisinau [size=78%] [/size][size=78%]http://www.airbnb.com/s/Chisinau--Moldova?sw_lat=47.0325751695026&sw_lng=28.822083522686626&ne_lat=47.04703111585336&ne_lng=28.842253734478618&zoom=15&search_by_map=true[/size]

Maxx, send a pm to Ed Cocks. He lived there for an extended time and can likely explain it to you

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 08:21:40 AM »
Maxx, go here:

http://www.expatua.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

The western guys on that forum ARE living mostly full-time in Ukraine.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2014, 09:44:03 AM »
Thanks Slumba, FP and ML. 

Next year I retire and my life starts anew. I've been curious about life overseas as an ex-pat. I have lived 5 months in total Russia over 8 trips so I have some idea of what I am getting into. But only a little. Of course I'd like to meet that special woman but that is not my number 1 priority. At first it's just going to be to see if I can stand an extended stay outside my comfort zone here in the U.S.

I'll check out your link ML and send E cocks a PM.

Offline Wayne

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2014, 12:50:51 PM »
Maxx, are you going to Russia or Ukraine? For Ukraine, to legally get your social security you need to make a trip to the US Embassy each month. For Russia, you can just get it deposited into your US bank account.

For Ukraine, the 180 day period begins when you enter the country. You can come and go, but not exceed 90 days during that 180 day period.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 03:29:46 PM »
Maxx, are you going to Russia or Ukraine? For Ukraine, to legally get your social security you need to make a trip to the US Embassy each month. For Russia, you can just get it deposited into your US bank account.

This will likely be changing.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2014, 04:05:11 PM »
This will likely be changing.

Is this some new restriction? My friend is married to UW from Chernigov and he has his SS deposited into his Well Fargo bank account. He uses ATMs when they travel over there. Of course she isn't traveling over there now because of the troubles. According him Russian troops are massed in southern Belarus in the tip that goes way down into Ukraine. It's 30 miles west of Chernigov with highway 95 going south into Kiev. Everyone is scared of what might happen next.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2014, 07:57:43 AM »
If you look at the social security website, there are certain countries on a list where you cannot legally receive your social security if you are living there. Ukraine is on the list, while Russia is not.

There is an exception for Ukraine that you can go to the US Embassy each month to prove that you are still alive and receive the money.

Of course, some people don't pay attention to the law!

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2014, 08:20:17 AM »
Hi Wayne

What I assume is that SS administration would find out where you are living and then cut off your automatic bank deposits into your American and American based bank? How would they find out that you are living there?

From a practical standpoint GQ said something about the ATMs being down and bring lots of $20s. An American guy I know living in Crimea with his wife told me his accounts are frozen.

Offline Wayne

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2014, 09:46:52 AM »
All the Ukrainian banks in Crimea are either closed or being taken over by Russian ones. Some people lost all their money! UAH are being replaced by RUB. It is very difficult to get USD in Crimea now.

You can bring 10,000 USD into Ukraine without declaring it--but I don't know about Russia?

If you have someone you can trust in USA, like perhaps a son or daughter, you could open a joint account with them at a US bank. Then have that person send you a Moneygram each month. The fee is 2%.

I would not depend upon ATM's working anywhere in Ukraine right now. Also, most US banks probably would not allow your ATM card, credit or debit card to work in Ukraine now.

Don't forget, there is a new law in Ukraine about how much money you need to have to enter Ukraine.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1872
Total: 1883

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM