It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kiev 2015, those that want this perspective will not reply anyway!  (Read 9593 times)

Offline bigdeg

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
**I am posting this sans responses, because I am ex-navy, still cuss like a sailor, Politically I am just to the right of Attilla the hun, and do not wish for responses from those I offend!**
 I have been in Kiev for a little over 2 weeks, and here is my perspective:
 The people (Ukrainians) have a little respect for Americans.
 The police (as anywhere) are just power-drunk, and corrupt.
 The military has a little respect for Americans, but the do not for our country (thanks Obama!).
 I have walked around at night in some bad places and observed how the city really operates.
 You are mostly safe from Physical violence as long as you stay in city center (Due to military presence at most major intersections, The military has no stomach for dis-order! The Ukrainians have a lot of respect for their military!)
 There is need to be very aware of your surroundings when you get outside city-center, mostly from con- artists/pickpockets. I have seen no organized groups of them, just opportunity seekers.
 Due to the general population NOT being overly friendly on the street, It makes it SO much easier to spot those bad people who go out of their way to be overly friendly ( most are good people, but if I run into an overly friendly person my head swivels twice as fast).
 The American embassy ( there are some good people working there, so I will not get into that subject, Just remember those good people are working for Obama- Enough said!) **I remember we used to find the best places to party by calling embassies and asking where NOT to go.**
 In general (I don't know about other cities, this is only my first trip) this city reminds me of Singapore, a orderly society with a good rule of law. Of course bad things can happen, just in general the threat level is the same.
 In my opinion, some of the men on this board have a vested interest in playing up all the dangers...i.e. ( you need to be careful of "scammers, locals, whatever" pay me and I will keep things good for you")
 I am so glad I got off me ass and just came, I am getting all the help I need from the locals ( I do need to learn some of the language next trip though!)
 * this is not a play-by-play, I want men to get on a plane and come here ( I would like to find a couple of good 30y.o. men for the waitresses at my favorite coffee shop (I am just to damn old for them, too bad)
 I like the people, I like the city, I think I will come back, I choose here over Kuala Lumpur-maybe that tells you something.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701