It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine trip 2  (Read 9458 times)

Offline lmshima57

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Ukraine trip 2
« on: September 18, 2015, 01:09:42 AM »
I wait at the hotel for my train to Kharkov.  The train station is not far away and I figure that
it should take only 10 minutes by taxi.  I ask the front desk to call a taxi for me and unfortunately
it takes 20 minutes for the taxi to arrive.  I still have about 25 minutes before my train leaves, but
traffic is very slow and I arrive 8 minutes before the train leaves.  I manage to get on the train
3 minutes before departure.  I usually buy a large bottle of water before boarding the train, but I
do not have time.  Fortunately, there is a dining car and I purchase some bottled water there.  I
am sharing a compartment with a man who I would guess is about my age.  He has been visiting
his daughter in Odessa.  We communicate with my limited Russian and I use Google translate on
my cell phone.  He will be getting off in Poltava after 11 hours; the trip to Kharkov will be 14.5 hours. 
I manage to get some sleep onthe train, but I spend much of the time lying on my bed awake
passing the time.  The train arrives at 0658 the next morning.  I have some time to kill before
checking into the hotel, so I look for a place to have breakfast.  There is a large sign in the front
of the train station for McDonald's indicating that it is 600 m away.  Unfortunately, there are quite
a few stairs to negotiate to get there.  After breakfast, I think that I will probably have to go back
to the train station to get a taxi to the hotel, but fortunately there are 2 taxis outside the McDonald's.
I ask one of the taxi drivers how much the fare will be to my hotel.  I think that he does understand
my question, but he is not sure of the location.  The local people know the hotel as the Kharkov Golf
Club.  I call the hotel and they give him the directions to the hotel and he tells me the fare will be
200 grivna.

The taxi driver is an older man and the car is very old.  He is a skilled driver and executes
maneuvers that I would only expect to see in the movies.  We pass a church on the way to
the hotel and he crosses himself.  I am not a religious person, but if God if looking after him,
maybe I will be a beneficiary.  We arrive at the hotel without any problems and the taxi driver
gives me his card if I need his services in the future.

I arrive at the hotel at about 1100 and I expect that I may have to wait for my room or sometimes
they will charge an extra 1/2 day for early check-in.  On a previous trip to Nikolaev, I arrived in the
morning and the hotel charged the early check-in and did not give me the option to come back
later to check-in.  I am surprised that I am allowed to proceed to my room immediately.  Once I am
settled, I go to the spa and run on the treadmill.  On my previous stay, I was usually the only person
in the spa.  Today, there is a young woman working with a trainer.  I run on the treadmill and I note
that my heart rate is running higher than usual which I attribute to the stress of my recent travel.
I cut my run short at 2 miles and have a hot bath.  The water is brown which I have not noted on
previous trips to Kharkov, but it reminds me when I was in Korea many years ago.  I take a nap
and I will meet with my interpreter and her husband for dinner.  There may be a woman with whom
I have communicated, but she was not definite.  On her first letter, she attached a topless photo
which has never happened to me before and at first, I thought it was just my eyes deceiving me.
I think that it must have been unintentional because she sent me another letter with the same text,
but a different photo.  My interpreter wondered whether this woman was a professional.  I invited
another women to join us for dinner that I met on my previous trip.  She was very nice, but she
decided to pursue another relationship.  She did this in a very classy way, but I felt that there was
no reason this time would be different.  My interpreter told me that this woman wanted to see me,
but she had an obligation on this evening.

We have dinner at the Albatross restaurant which is at the golf club.  My interpreter, her husband,
and their 15 month old daughter join me for dinner.  On my previous trip, her daughter was nine
months old.  She is a very happy and well-behaved child for her age.  We have a very nice dinner
and I get the check and I experience reverse sticker shock.  After 2 dinners in Odessa which were
3500 and 4000 grivna, my check for dinner is only 1500 with the tip.  I try the veal shashlik, my
interpreter has salmon, and her husband has a steak.  Her daughter has blini.  For desert, I have
vanilla and strawberry ice cream and my interpreter and her husband share some sort of chocolate
cake.  We formulate our game plan.  I will be meeting with someone for lunch the following day.
We will be going to a restaurant called Sharikov which presumably is after Bulgakov's "Heart of a
Dog."  I have a message from another woman's interpreter to meet the following evening for
dinner.  I have told this woman from the beginning that I have my own interpreter, but she wants
to use her own interpreter.  I ask my interpreter if I am being unreasonable to choose the interpreter,
and she feels that this is not the case.  The woman in question has 2 children when her profile said
that she had one and although this woman is attractive, I have some reservations.  I feel that if she
is serious, she would allow me to use my interpreter.  I have another woman that I will be meeting
in 2 days.  She would like to meet for lunch at Pushka which I have heard is a very good restaurant
in Kharkov.  We went through the same conflict with the use of interpreter and I conceded that she
can use her interpreter for lunch, but I will use my interpreter for dinner.  I have agreed to meet one
other women in 3 days.  She is a musician who has no children.

I will be in Kharkov for 6 nights, but I will leave 2 days open to rest or meet the woman who I met
on the last trip.  She speaks English very well so an interpreter is not necessary.  I told my interpreter
that we can meet when it is convenient for her.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2377
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2358
Total: 2369

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Today at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Today at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Today at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM