It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Minaret echo  (Read 3873 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Minaret echo
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:41:14 PM »
For those of you who have traveled to Muslim countries and found yourself located too close to a minaret, as I have . . . you may find some humor or justice in this.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/Vogp-n1-JPA
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Re: Minaret echo
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:02:19 PM »
Oh, that is TOO funny.

You should know that the dog actually thinks someone is in pain or upset and responding to them with sympathy and empathy.  That is why you often hear a second dog howl after the first one starts.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline ML

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2016, 01:00:44 PM »
You should know that the dog actually thinks someone is in pain or upset and responding to them with sympathy and empathy. 

Yes, I can understand the dog's viewpoint.

I once spent a month in Turkey with a physician gal from Russia where a minaret was half a block away from the apartment I had rented.  Unfortunately, I didn't notice it until the month's rent was paid.

When the gal heard the guy do his 'call' she said it sounded like someone was in extreme discomfort from constipation.

It got to be a real PIA for us because we liked daily afternoon sex.  Rather than just the standard number of 'calls' this place did 'extras' also at all times of the day . . . and invariably in the middle of our 'exercises.'

I asked around, and was told that this particular minaret gave announcements of funerals, weddings, and who knows what all.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Larry1

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2016, 01:20:26 PM »
soon you won't have to go to the Muslim world to hear the muzzhie call to prayer.  You'll hear it in every city and town here.

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2016, 01:40:27 PM »
Larry, is it actually happening here in USA?

I haven't heard it myself here, and haven't read any news reports, etc., about it happening.

I think that will be a major biggie with the local folks when it happens.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Larry1

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2016, 02:24:23 PM »
Yes, Hamtramck used to be heavily Polish. It still has a few Polish restaurants, or at least it did the last time I was there. But the descendants of the Polish immigrants have moved to nicer suburbs.

Dearborn is heavily Muslim too, especially East Dearborn. When I first came to Dearborn to interview for a job I went to Target to buy something. I was shocked to see women in headscarves.  At my daughters' elementary school girls as young as 11 wore headscarves. At birthday parties I spoke to some of their classmates' mothers. One of the mothers was a Western woman who had married a Muslim guy. At first she was happy, but eventually her husband became very controlling. He would berate her for wearing what to us was modest clothing. Eventually she divorced him.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »
Muslim culture generally considers dogs to be impure.   So who owns the dog and laughs at a sacred moment?

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2016, 05:40:59 PM »
It's from Albania, which is a Muslim country, at least, notionally.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2016, 06:45:17 PM »
It is happening in one Detroit suburb -

I read the article and was VERY surprised that the call to prayer only caused minor complaints.

Anywhere I have lived, and any neighbors I have had, would not stand for it at all.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2290
Total: 2301

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM