It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Where is your best chance for success?  (Read 13746 times)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Where is your best chance for success?
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2018, 11:57:00 AM »
Hi Mendy,

I have met many FSU "women" who were going back home to visit family and friends.......sans their husbands......who showed no interest in going back to visit.

Cant B

Me too, and it is pathetic. Far too many guys go once to meet, and never return. Or, go twice to get through the immigration process, and then never return.

It sends a subliminal message to a wife that her past, her history, and her family are of very little importance to a husband. Sadly, to many men, those things are not important.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2018, 12:01:22 PM »
Me too, and it is pathetic. Far too many guys go once to meet, and never return. Or, go twice to get through the immigration process, and then never return.

It sends a subliminal message to a wife that her past, her history, and her family are of very little importance to a husband. Sadly, to many men, those things are not important.

:applause:

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2018, 12:56:10 AM »

Stop writing stuff that makes you sound like an even bigger idiot than I take you for.  If you are "a guy without much idea" you shouldn't even be looking in the FSU for a girlfriend or wife.  It IS easy - I didn't know anybody when I first visited Russia, and only a little bit of the language, but I had no problems finding my way around.  Even on a trip in the Moscow Metro, when I realised that my train was going in the wrong direction, it was easy enough to get off at the next station, change platforms, and go back the way I had come.

"Invest" in what, exactly?  A gun?  A collapsible truncheon?  A Swiss army knife with 200 blades and a horseshoe pick?  A can of mace?  If you take the same precautions you do when you're walking around your own city you should be fine.  The vast majority of people EVERYWHERE are never any trouble for anyone else.  Again, if you're that worried, you shouldn't be going in the first place.

Amen!  Trench writing absolute crap again.  He's too scared to take a train to London let alone Russia.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2018, 01:00:27 AM »

However particularly for us UK guys a lot of the stuff they mention may be some distance and as a guy without much idea it's not always straight forward. In addition as I have found invest in and consider personal security precautions - these have been mentioned on here before. Not leaving your self exposed or standing out in the wrong way is something to be doing.

You haven't traveled too much have you Trench?  what "personal security precautions" are you talking about? 

And your "English" is so horrendous it hurts me to read it.   " as I have found invest in and consider"  "standing out in the wrong way is something to be doing"....  I couldn't write this bad if I tried.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2018, 02:04:00 AM »
...And your "English" is so horrendous it hurts me to read it.   " as I have found invest in and consider"  "standing out in the wrong way is something to be doing"....  I couldn't write this bad BADLY if I tried.

Fixed it for you!  :D

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2018, 02:40:16 AM »
"That "-- not "this"    me thinks !!

Any way you say it--the idiot will not "get" it !! :deadhorse:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 02:41:49 AM by JayH »
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Jumper

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2018, 02:40:00 PM »

Odesa has had that reputation since the 19th century.

Yes, even by other Ukrainians, and nothing in that  perception has changed.

Still plenty of normal women there, but men dont look outside the agency *ad girls* regardless.

Offline Jumper

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2018, 11:33:32 AM »
Mendy great post!!, (even though my wife is from.niko lol)
and welcome back!
Your insight has been missed.

Offline Fashionista

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2018, 05:38:14 AM »

Где она? (Where is she?) Have you looked for her in Perm? (1 million), or Novosibirsk (1.6 million) and surprisingly Russia's third largest city receives few Western visitors.

A factoid about Novosibirsk. It can be viewed as consisting of two cities, a big industrial city and a college town (Akademgorodok) some 30 km from the city center. Akademgorodok is very used to foreigners because of scientific exchange and on average people are better educated, more travelled and more of them speak English. Whether targeting people from Akademgorodok makes your search easier is another question  8)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 05:42:28 AM by Fashionista »
Find your inner Bart!

Offline msmob

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2018, 06:16:14 AM »

A factoid about Novosibirsk. It can be viewed as consisting of two cities, a big industrial city and a college town (Akademgorodok) some 30 km from the city center.

Then there's Ob' ? ;)   On the other bank - but SO different !
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 10:52:48 AM by msmob »

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2018, 04:26:48 PM »
...Akademgorodok is very used to foreigners because of scientific exchange and on average people are better educated, more travelled and more of them speak English. Whether targeting people from Akademgorodok makes your search easier is another question  8)

That would seem to be two strikes against the average searcher to start with.  :devil:

Offline ML

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 01:08:31 PM »

Akademgorodok

OK, now just admit that you made this name up.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Fashionista

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 01:15:43 PM »
OK, now just admit that you made this name up.

I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akademgorodok

The girl in red in the top picture is me.
Find your inner Bart!

Offline ML

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2018, 01:32:07 PM »

I MOST CERTAINLY DID NOT!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akademgorodok

And now you even create a fake web page to go with your fake name for a town.  And quickly too; very good skills.

The girl in red in the top picture is me.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline I/O

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2018, 03:12:34 PM »
This is an excellent point - I'm as guilty of this as any. I haven't been back to Russia for 9 years and frankly, it's embarrassing. That said, in our case, the logistics and economics of a family trip including 4 kids are daunting factors. Nevertheless, Gents, listen to Mendy here, he is right on point.

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2018, 05:35:42 AM »
Mendy, I’ve been wondering, are the “Golden Ring” cities lying northeast of Moscow worth having a look? Eg. Sergiev Posad, Vladimir

Though relatively close to Moscow, would they face the same dynamics like the previously discussed places above?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Edit: Saw your previous mention of Ivanovo, one of the Golden Ring cities.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:48:43 AM by kynrazor »
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2018, 09:17:29 AM »
Mendy, I’ve been wondering, are the “Golden Ring” cities lying northeast of Moscow worth having a look? Eg. Sergiev Posad, Vladimir

Though relatively close to Moscow, would they face the same dynamics like the previously discussed places above?

Appreciate your thoughts.

Edit: Saw your previous mention of Ivanovo, one of the Golden Ring cities.

Suzdal and Vladimir are a must see( together), possible in one day. Most take train to Vladimir and taxi to Suzdal.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline eich

« Reply #42 on: February 20, 2018, 12:38:41 AM »
I'm probably coming in too late on this original thread but Mendeleyev’s excellent recommendations validated what I long suspected. I’ve even been to a couple of the places he recommended - years ago. I enjoy visiting out of the way places so I have no reservations. Anyway, after a long hiatus I’ve decided to try again. What I need is a better strategy this time. So, should I search out and target agencies in each of these cities only? General agencies such as EM and others have left me doubtful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Life is just an empty room.

Offline JayH

« Reply #43 on: February 20, 2018, 12:46:34 AM »
I'm probably coming in too late on this original thread but Mendeleyev’s excellent recommendations validated what I long suspected. I’ve even been to a couple of the places he recommended - years ago. I enjoy visiting out of the way places so I have no reservations. Anyway, after a long hiatus I’ve decided to try again. What I need is a better strategy this time. So, should I search out and target agencies in each of these cities only? General agencies such as EM and others have left me doubtful. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome . :welcome:
My suggestion--   write your story in an intro thread.
Giving information can help get advice and comments better directed   eg the advice for a 30 yo is different to a 50 yo ( even if you look 40 !!!!!!  )
Your background is important-- where and how you live- and anticipate living etc
The more detail-- the less general advice/comments and more specific the advice will be !
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline kynrazor

• Always optimistic :)
« Reply #44 on: February 20, 2018, 06:24:38 AM »
Welcome . :welcome:
My suggestion--   write your story in an intro thread.
Giving information can help get advice and comments better directed   eg the advice for a 30 yo is different to a 50 yo ( even if you look 40 !!!!!!  )
Your background is important-- where and how you live- and anticipate living etc
The more detail-- the less general advice/comments and more specific the advice will be !

I second that. Highly recommended. Eg. Do you need your lady to be fluent in English?
Sincerely,
Kyn

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2018, 09:54:30 PM »
Yes, the Golden Ring cities are among my favourite places in Russia. Once you learn some of the history and special features of the villages and important points, you could spend two weeks + slowly moving from one town to another without exhausting the content.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline ML

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2018, 01:08:50 PM »
Yes, the Golden Ring cities are among my favourite places in Russia. Once you learn some of the history and special features of the villages and important points, you could spend two weeks + slowly moving from one town to another without exhausting the content.

Who corrupted this nice American boy ??

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2018, 07:00:50 PM »
More recently with all the stuff been going on between UK & Russia I've been thinking Poland might be worth checking out, its in the EU so easy to get to, some of the women there look hot and it removes any immigration mule issue for the UK at least. While women may not be as numerous as Russia/Ukraine, etc its still more than the UK and the upbringing crucially is still better - more like Russian/Ukrainian values. So if I find one that is into me I'm thinking its worth a shot.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Brianinaz

« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2018, 08:00:11 PM »
"She may be in Tver which in ancient times challenged Moscow to be the capital of Russia. Just don't befriend the mayor of Tver. Back when Crimea was annexed, the mayor petitioned the Kremlin for the same financial aid package that Crimea received. He is not exactly on good terms with Mr. Putin these days."

Can't say I have traveled extensively in Russia or had extensive experience with "Russian" women (my wife is half Russian and half Ukrainian). I've been to Russia three times all to Tyver and that was with out a doubt the most scammer infested place I've ever been to. I've been to many cities in Ukraine (it's been a while as I've been married 10 years) and nothing even came close. FWIW that was my experience

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2018, 12:07:03 AM »
Who corrupted this nice American boy ??

I like your sense of humour!  :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541007
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1893
Total: 1904

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM